PDA

View Full Version : Prices are so confuzing

Trikzy
01-24-2015, 05:35 AM
Why hasnt the halloween event items gone back to normal in price, I mean 3 months have passed since the halloween event ended, isnt that enough for prices to go up or are halloween event items still not "rare enough"? Also, a new arcane pet came into grand locked crates but the price has gone up like 2-3k. Is that usual or will the price go up even further?

Energizeric
01-24-2015, 05:55 AM
What event gear are you referring to? People don't just want gear to have it, they want it if it's useful to them, or better than the gear they currently have, or looks really cool. From memory, none of the halloween gear really fit that description except for the para gems, and from what I can tell, gear with para gems, especially twink gear, has gone up in price quite a bit. Blinky also seems to be a pretty popular pet and i would expect blinky eggs to go up in value over time as the supply of them is exhausted.

If you are expecting the necropolis armors and helms to go up in value, well that's just not going to happen because the more recently release icescale armors and helms are better, so nobody wants the necro items.

As for locked crates, I don't expect they will ever go up past 10k again. Way back in early 2013 when the first mythic weapons were released for a limited weekend, prices of locked crates went all the way up to around 40k. Since that time, everyone hoards crates and tries to sell off during a weekend event or sale. The result is that there is a huge supply waiting for each event, so the increased demand is met with increased supply, so the price stays steady.

justhell
01-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Actually... Some item have their own time for price up in AL... For example is lock crates,lock always have price up on event,plat sale or when new content added in lock... The other reason price up is buff on an item,some discontinued item will have price up to depending amount and demand of item...

Trikzy
01-24-2015, 06:35 AM
What event gear are you referring to? People don't just want gear to have it, they want it if it's useful to them, or better than the gear they currently have, or looks really cool. From memory, none of the halloween gear really fit that description except for the para gems, and from what I can tell, gear with para gems, especially twink gear, has gone up in price quite a bit. Blinky also seems to be a pretty popular pet and i would expect blinky eggs to go up in value over time as the supply of them is exhausted.

If you are expecting the necropolis armors and helms to go up in value, well that's just not going to happen because the more recently release icescale armors and helms are better, so nobody wants the necro items.

As for locked crates, I don't expect they will ever go up past 10k again. Way back in early 2013 when the first mythic weapons were released for a limited weekend, prices of locked crates went all the way up to around 40k. Since that time, everyone hoards crates and tries to sell off during a weekend event or sale. The result is that there is a huge supply waiting for each event, so the increased demand is met with increased supply, so the price stays steady.
I mean halloween vanity and eggs ( wicked witch, dark mummy, grim reaper, squash, ewen, vlad, blinky and grimm), so they go up in price where there will be very few left?

hozukreti
01-24-2015, 07:23 AM
I mean halloween vanity and eggs ( wicked witch, dark mummy, grim reaper, squash, ewen, vlad, blinky and grimm), so they go up in price where there will be very few left?

yes for egg. people hatched it and total egg in game decreased so price going up, supply and demand. Less supply, more demand = price up. Not for vanities, too many in game, lately no new design and people dont want it(bored), STS just recolour it and too many supply of it, not so rare, so price slow moving.

Universalpro
01-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Al no longer follows the trend it did with ursoth event where dova eggs and elon locks went up instantly
Market crashed after the bans and it has still not recovered. So if u wanna hoard vanities/eggs better be ready go wait for atleast 3-4 months and probably more

epicrrr
01-24-2015, 10:41 AM

oh those are all widely available in game so no chance for them to go "premium" price.

vawaid
01-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Blinky will raise, grimm not. Why? Because one player can get more than 1 grimm with tokens. But blinky, 1 player only get it once.

But I dont think blinky will raise soon.

Just remember, everything you can buy with token, will take longer to raise.

kinzmet
01-24-2015, 09:50 PM
All I can say as a merch is, when all poeple thinks alike it will result to greater delay.

Its not only you who thougth the the price of those items would go up, every merch does. So, with so many hoarders the price wont go up as fast as it used to be.
Wait for a year, I'm pretty sure that it will go up after a year (except when theres another event where you can obtain same or better items).