PDA

View Full Version : AL seems like a downgrade in certain categories

Befs
01-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Some of these may just be because, after 4 years of pl I may be just so used to its format.

1. Toggle view- I find that this isn't my biggest issue but it is slightly annoying that I can't turn and look behind me.

2. World map- Specifically the join game option from pl. I want to be able to join a strong game with other players not just always host a game or be with one random person. I see how this was slightly made up for with the partying up but it just isn't the same. For that you need to find four people in town who god forbid want to join your party. This is a major issue for me.

3. In town NPCs- Is it just me who it takes almost 5 whole minutes of clicking to get into the auction screen? I always just click on some other player who is standing right on top of the NPC and same with the bard. I would like if (like in pl) you could elevate the auction NPCs off the ground somehow.

4. Auto attack PLEASE- This just would help me actually see a point in a weapon other than raising skill damage because for me the skills regen so fast I never use my weapon. I just would really enjoy this.

Feel free to leave suggestions down below or critique my guide but these are just some things I believe this game would benefit from.

GoodSyntax
01-24-2015, 01:55 PM
1) Yeah. It takes a little while to get used to it. When I transitioned out of PL and into AL, I had the same annoyance about the fixed camera angle. But, now, I don't even pay it a second thought.

2) Guilds are much, much more important in AL than they ever were in PL. Guilds and Friends are how you create parties, and again, it was alien at first to NOT be able to join existing pick-up games, but with a strong list of friends and a good guild, the party dynamic actually serves it's role quite well. Think of parties as locked maps in PL.

3) Easiest way is to get close to the auction NPC and press the auto attack button.

4) Because skills and auto can be charged, there is no "automatic" attack, like there is in PL. I am assuming you are a Rogue, so, yeah, this class' skills cool down so fast, you really won't have to use auto attack very often. It takes some practice, but you will get used to the new dynamics here!

Befs
01-24-2015, 05:50 PM
1) Yeah. It takes a little while to get used to it. When I transitioned out of PL and into AL, I had the same annoyance about the fixed camera angle. But, now, I don't even pay it a second thought.

2) Guilds are much, much more important in AL than they ever were in PL. Guilds and Friends are how you create parties, and again, it was alien at first to NOT be able to join existing pick-up games, but with a strong list of friends and a good guild, the party dynamic actually serves it's role quite well. Think of parties as locked maps in PL.

3) Easiest way is to get close to the auction NPC and press the auto attack button.

4) Because skills and auto can be charged, there is no "automatic" attack, like there is in PL. I am assuming you are a Rogue, so, yeah, this class' skills cool down so fast, you really won't have to use auto attack very often. It takes some practice, but you will get used to the new dynamics here!

Thanks, do you know any good guilds I could join? And auto attack gets you into the auction page?

GoodSyntax
01-24-2015, 06:16 PM
It does for me, but I play on chrome. The auto attack should turn into a hand when you approach an NPC. When that happens, just hit attack.

As for best guilds, it is really dependent on what level you are, and whether you are into PvP, PvE or exclusively elite runs.

Befs
01-24-2015, 07:11 PM
First off the auto attack worked and is very effective. And since I am so new to AL im looking to cap and level then farm.

Schnitzel
01-24-2015, 07:20 PM
First off the auto attack worked and is very effective. And since I am so new to AL im looking to cap and level then farm.

<Enigmatic> is an elite-running PvE guild
but they only accept lvl40/41 players.

they have another guild called <The Stone> (GM: Nicflamel), that allows new players to join, while they can ask questions and have them answered, as well as get help with leveling.
upon reaching lvl40, players are given the option of joining <Enigmatic>

As for auto-attack (I'm from PL too),
it took me a while to get used to
although what i would like to see is characters auto-attacking with normal hits, then when the player presses and holds the primary attack button, it charges

Befs
01-24-2015, 07:29 PM
<Enigmatic> is an elite-running PvE guild
but they only accept lvl40/41 players.

they have another guild called <The Stone> (GM: Nicflamel), that allows new players to join, while they can ask questions and have them answered, as well as get help with leveling.
upon reaching lvl40, players are given the option of joining <Enigmatic>

As for auto-attack (I'm from PL too),
it took me a while to get used to
although what i would like to see is characters auto-attacking with normal hits, then when the player presses and holds the primary attack button, it charges

Thanks I'll try to join the guild.

Great Idea