PDA

View Full Version : Why are eagles so bad?

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Idk if this is just me, or is it some bug or if they did this on purpose
But ever weapon I see for bears are like 80-120 damage at my level and
Eagles can only do 26-38.... What is with this???
And bears I saw on lvl 2 bear weapon warhammer was 30-42 I was like wth
I'm seriously ganna quit if this is the case, pl expects us to choose a class
That will affect the rest of the long story campaign but they don't tell u when u pick ur original class which one is better making the rest of the campaign a wanting to have started off with the other class, thanks pl.
Can someone tell me if this is on purpose or why..?

Magicalbanana
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
dude get to lvl50+ and youll see why you chose bird. stick with it and youll see...youll see

Kossi
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
That will affect the rest of the long story campaign but they don't tell u when u pick ur original class which one is better making the rest of the campaign a wanting to have started off with the other class, thanks pl.

IMO, birds were created for pvp, although they do play a big role in pve, doing a significant amout of damage.

FluffNStuff
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
In BS, each bird = reducing boss kill time by a half. So I would say they are pretty powerful :)

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
ok well why are their bow damage so low? idrc about special atts, they lose mana fast anyways, but why such lowww low lowww bow att?

skavenger216
03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
All I can say is me tanking with 4 skilled birds can drop gold fever before his first green orb/fever. Literally in seconds. Birds are DPS machines. Wait until you hit the later levels :D

FluffNStuff
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
They have a steeper curve then bears, so they start out as roadies and end up as rockstars at 55. Keep with it, you wont regret it.

CanonicalKoi
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
What level are you? I took a look at the CS and found three yellow item, level 10 weapons.
Croc's Spiked Club--13-17 damage, speed:1.3, DPS:13
Robber'sRuined Short Bow--14-24 damage, speed:0.7, DPS:34
Student's Darkbolt Blaster--36-52 damage, speed:1.2, DPS:43

DPS on all was calculated for the maximum possible damage for comparison purposes. At level 10 as a bird, you're already doing nearly three times the damage of a warrior. True, mages still have an edge on you, but that changes the higher you go. Two 45-50 bird's and a good tank can take out Keeper before he puts up his mana shield. Two bird's with melee pots today took out Gurgox before his first burp. Birds, quite simply, dish out more damage than you can imagine. We love bears and mages because they either bear (pun left intentionally) the brunt of, heal away or avert damage that our crappy armor can't defend against.

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Anyway, try shattering scream plus blast shot when you get there.
Itll make you feel awesome.

FluffNStuff
03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Canocal, he is looking at two hand swords (mostly from oz) and their damage is extremely high. Combine that with rage and bears are power houses at low level. But it changes, oh yes it changes.

CanonicalKoi
03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyway, try shattering scream plus blast shot when you get there.
Itll make you feel awesome.

I have met more level 50 birds lately that never learned how to self-combo. *shakes head sadly*. I also found that before you hit the level where you get Shattering, it seems you can self-combo with Avian and Blast. Been doing it with my baby bird. That ability seems to go away once you get Shattering. More experimentation needed.

ETA: Fluff, I missed the two-handed reference. :( but he needs to realize those things are slower than molasses in January. What's the DPS look like, I wonder? And yes, change it does. *smiles an evil smile and nocks another arrow*

Doubletime
03-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Ummmm....My bird with raid roach full set has a hit of 164% and a crit of 51 (buffed 189% and 76% crit). Even using the talon and shield i have dps of 245 and damage of 151-155 and armor of 119. Put a bow with it and my dps is almost 300 with a base of 220-265. Trust me when I say that birds are pretty much kings of 1v1 damage.

Pharcyde
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
ok well why are their bow damage so low? idrc about special atts, they lose mana fast anyways, but why such lowww low lowww bow att?

Birds are slightly weak at low levels. Trust me though, birds are way way way overpowered. You will die when you see how high your crit is gonna get with lvl 55 gear. It's like back to back criticals.

Fyrce
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I still have some baby birds and they are great to play, even if you are not that skilled a player. With skills, you kill fast and don't die. Without skills, you kill slow and don't die. A bear can die alot at low levels if they don't use some skills at least and they can kill slow because they are constantly chasing the enemy they just stomped away to survive.

You are talking about level 2. You get 2 characters free per account. Create a bear and try it. 2H weapons are good but low level bears can get killed a lot since they have to get up close and personal. Seriously, play the bear and see. It's possible you're a melee person and not a ranged person.

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM

You will become an instrument of destruction later, trust me. I will take you under my wing :)

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Don't the recurves have the highest base damage for 55 weapons?

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Don't the recurves have the highest base damage for 55 weapons?

Yes, only one of the Mage wands and Bear mace beats it in terms of base damage but the base damage:weapon speed ratio is much, much better with the Recurve :)

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, only one of the Mage wands and Bear mace beats it in terms of base damage but the base damage:weapon speed ratio is much, much better with the Recurve :)

Nuff said! :P

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
You will become an instrument of destruction later, trust me. I will take you under my wing :)

Please do ;)

also answer this:
if u have
a bow that u need 82 dex to weild ( example)
and u have 83 does the damage u do vary from if you had 142?
As in, do you do more damage with that bow if u have 142 than 82 or the same?

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Please do ;)

also answer this:
if u have

Don't know completely what you mean, but if it is what I think you mean, then yes.
More Dex affects the base damage of a weapon.
I think it is every 10 dex (?) = +1 base damage.
I'm going to test that.

EDIT: Also, get to level 30. That's when the huge fun starts.

A good combo to use is Shattering Scream + Blast Shot, that is basic.
What I used to use as a twink (Lvl 20) was
Focus, Evade, Thorn root, Shattering Scream, Break Armor, Blast Shot
Why Shattering Scream before Break Armor, you ask?
Because you need to wait at least 1 second for the shattering scream before you can Blast Shot to combo.

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Please do ;)

also answer this:
if u have

Every single point of DEX adds 0.15 to damage. so 10 DEX = +1.5 damage. 20 DEX = +3 damage. And so on.

So in your example if you have 82 dex, you'll do +12.3 damage, and if you have 142 dex you'll do 21.3 damage.

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Every single point of DEX adds 0.15 to damage. so 10 DEX = +1.5 damage. 20 DEX = +3 damage. And so on.

So in your example if you have 82 dex, you'll do +12.3 damage, and if you have 142 dex you'll do 21.3 damage.

Ah well, I was close.
It was a rough estimate ;)

Tour
03-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Birds are slightly weak at low levels. Trust me though, birds are way way way overpowered. You will die when you see how high your crit is gonna get with lvl 55 gear. It's like back to back criticals.

At 55, i've had a crit of 1256 (highest i've ever seen or heard of) , and 606 back to back. That's a lot of damage. I may have been melee potted, i don't remember but Gold Fever told me afterwards he wanted to change his name to Gold Quiver.

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I have witnessed
Ready for it?
a 2k hit.

WhoIsThis
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I have witnessed
Ready for it?
a 2k hit.

With or without melee pot?

@frenzyn:

As you level up, you're going to find yourself making very rapid relative gains compared to mages and especially, bears. In fact, if you read the forums, there are people complaining about too weak bears at level 50+. :)

Tour
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
2k is nasty, i believe it. had to be a melee pot though.

bears are still weak IMO, but a bear that doesn't play to DPS and plays to his strengths as a class can drastically speed up PVE runs.
Birds are insanely solid at solo DPS and if you play it smart you can do very solid multi-target DPS (positioning, timing abilities)

Luchta
03-04-2011, 02:16 AM
I think what Frenzyn is saying is that when he holds an STR weapon, it shows better damage stats compared to his DEX weapon. The reason for this is balance amongst the classes. If a bear can shoot long range with their close range weapon, it's like god mode.

Frenzyn
03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks for clearing this up guys. this thread took a turn for the better, got tons of comments and knowledge. im lvl 25 atm and still waiting for physologic
to take me under his wing. :3

Redbridge
03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Pick me. Pick me..... LOL

This Thread has perked my interest again.....

I could really do with re-energizing my efforts to level up my Bird (Bolticus) lvl41, have read your top guide and just cant seem to make it work for me. I think i've perfected tanking but it's not for me, and I really love my mage..... but it would appear Archers are where its at and I need to join the party. This became very apparent when, last month, a lvl51 bird joined (just) me to kill OL. Less than a minute, was impressive..... Mind if I look you up when i'm next on for some under ur wing guidance?