PDA

View Full Version : Got it right with breeze

Kriticality
01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
I want to say thanks to sts for figuring breeze out in a way that's not op in pvp anymore and INCREDIBLY useful in pve. So useful that I think it's Prob more valuable. Played breeze in pvp and is a lot more manageable now. Just ran arena with 2 breeze on my team and it was awesome. I hated it when I was frozen like those bosses, but love it that they are. Def getting a breeze now. Saves a lot in ankhs and potions already. I never liked frostir anyway haha. Congrats. Balanced in pvp and will retain/gain value. Just saw 2 in CS for 2+ million. Not sure if that's because other auctions cancelled or what, but I'll be buying one for arena alone. Great job!!

hozukreti
01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes very thankful, great job STS! :angel:

Serancha
01-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Pets aren't actually supposed to completely immobilize elite bosses. It's 98% certain that that's a glitch that will be fixed.

Kriticality
01-24-2015, 09:11 PM
I thought that was part of the compromise with him to help him retain the 2.5m price tag. Sts said they were trying to be considerate of previous buyers. Dev comment if you can... We will witness a 50-75% price decrease in one post. :) But really, can anyone clarify this before I spend my frags on this cursed egg?

Kriticality
01-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Wait... Doesn't Kelvin, Sam, singe, George etc stun/immobilize/stop red zone of elite bosses? Mine do in tombs and arena.

Serancha
01-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Wait... Doesn't Kelvin, Sam, singe, George etc stun/immobilize/stop red zone of elite bosses? Mine do in tombs and arena.

Sam can panic some of them occasionally, but not frequently. Singe's stun does not affect bosses.

Kelvin and George are the only ones capable of stunning bosses, and that lasts about 2 seconds, not 5+

Kriticality
01-24-2015, 09:21 PM
So just terrify and panic supposed to work on bosses? Don't think I can buy now...

Serancha
01-24-2015, 09:24 PM
The 100% stun pets like George and Kelvin can stun most bosses.

Panic and normal stun can work on some bosses but not all the time, and not all bosses.

Even if Breeze was intended to freeze elite bosses, I am almost certain that it will be adjusted given how massively the ability is being abused at the moment. I mean running arena and the bosses never move? Seriously, where's the effort in that?

Yes, people will hate me for saying it out loud, and I frankly don't care. Elite is supposed to be challenging, which is why we run it. Without timers, it's turned into boring grinding. With bosses held immobile for 85% of each fight, it's a bloody snorefest.

kixkaxx
01-24-2015, 10:25 PM

Panic and normal stun can work on some bosses but not all the time, and not all bosses.

Even if Breeze was intended to freeze elite bosses, I am almost certain that it will be adjusted given how massively the ability is being abused at the moment. I mean running arena and the bosses never move? Seriously, where's the effort in that?

Yes, people will hate me for saying it out loud, and I frankly don't care. Elite is supposed to be challenging, which is why we run it. Without timers, it's turned into boring grinding. With bosses held immobile for 85% of each fight, it's a bloody snorefest.

A lot of breeze was obtained due to the "parking" trick, which makes tomb much easier than intended. Breeze will be 3* harder to obtain when the timer is back (already 2* harder due to boss fix) So I don't mind it being op.

Madnex
01-24-2015, 10:41 PM
The freezing is only on passive and lasts for 2.5 seconds. It may occasionally stack with multiple Breezes though. I believe this change of immunity was discussed and implemented but got left out of the post with the changes.

Rx8
01-24-2015, 10:43 PM
A lot of breeze was obtained due to the "parking" trick, which makes tomb much easier than intended. Breeze will be 3* harder to obtain when the timer is back (already 2* harder due to boss fix) So I don't mind it being op.

scaling also///

Kriticality
01-24-2015, 11:40 PM

Breeze or no breeze, I run arena a LOT with other OP rogues. Enraged is a joke because we kill all bosses before. Mushrooms are irritating but thats about it. Took me around 300 runs to loot recipe. Still run all the time. I'd call it a grind. We chat and laugh during arena. It's not challenging. Tombs aren't either really. It is about grinding and tombs about time. Breeze is a way for legendary geared players to run arena while having some survivability while still providing decent stats. If they do nerf after this last nerf, I hope it's not too much. I don't hate you for saying it out loud. I don't know what effect using breeze might have for me, but it can't be that much. It will make it more difficult for non mythic players imo. Elite maps are different because you have space. Arena, you will die some, or you will be smashed. Honestly, I watch tv, cook, eat dinner all while running arena. I think it can be misused by well geared players but it can also be used for good for players that can't spend 15M for mythic armor, ring, pendant and mythic weapon that works at lvl 41. It opens the door for a much bigger player base to be able to farm arena.

siddhant
01-25-2015, 12:14 AM
ty sts!!!! Fnf are finally easy to farm

Primeblades
01-25-2015, 12:34 AM
ty sts!!!! Fnf are finally easy to farm

Yes but so are mages. When is the mage buff?

Xpolosion
01-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Lollll the breeze in arena... Funny stuff makes arena a breeze. I agree with sera theres no challenge with 4 breezes in arena its redic zzz

Kriticality
01-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Lollll the breeze in arena... Funny stuff makes arena a breeze. I agree with sera theres no challenge with 4 breezes in arena its redic zzz

The question is for whom? I'd bet that arena would still be challenging with breeze for a good portion of level 41s. When I run arena, the question isn't how am I gonna beat these bosses. The question is am I gonna loot recipe bc of course we smash these bosses. As I stated before, breeze has no effect on most in arena. At least my parties. It would be awesome for under geared players though. I don't understand why there would be a further nerf. Mushroom irritation some of the time is about as challenging as it gets for arena grinders. I ran with three genies last night and they were playing a game by standing in the red zones to see if they could still be one hit. Most of the time they couldn't.

epicrrr
01-25-2015, 06:17 AM
I want to say thanks to sts for figuring breeze out in a way that's not op in pvp anymore and INCREDIBLY useful in pve. So useful that I think it's Prob more valuable. Played breeze in pvp and is a lot more manageable now. Just ran arena with 2 breeze on my team and it was awesome. I hated it when I was frozen like those bosses, but love it that they are. Def getting a breeze now. Saves a lot in ankhs and potions already. I never liked frostir anyway haha. Congrats. Balanced in pvp and will retain/gain value. Just saw 2 in CS for 2+ million. Not sure if that's because other auctions cancelled or what, but I'll be buying one for arena alone. Great job!!

Well breeze keep degrading pvp quality, i mean why apply skill when your target is not moving.

Xorrior
01-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Devs don't NERF breeze in PvE. Give those with RL circumstances re: money and lack of game time be given a fair crack of the whip, thank you.

#IdoThisForMyPeoples!

vawaid
01-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Doing arena with epic items and deary is challenging also maybe.

Titanfall
01-25-2015, 03:07 PM
For people whining 'Arena isnt a challenge'
If you want a challenge then why dont you get a pt, Wear pink stuff dont use breeze and then run arena? Why dont you put yourself in a newbs shoes and see how much of a benefit breeze is to the majority?

Kriticality
01-25-2015, 04:16 PM
If you want a challenge then why dont you get a pt, Wear pink stuff dont use breeze and then run arena? Why dont you put yourself in a newbs shoes and see how much of a benefit breeze is to the majority?

I was saying it wasn't much of a challenge and also that I think they got it right with breeze. I think the adjustments turned out great and give a lot of people that may have been intimidated by arena, a way to get in there, mix it up, and farm. I need to go back and look at carapace breeze and vials thread.

Titanfall
01-25-2015, 04:17 PM
I was saying it wasn't much of a challenge and also that I think they got it right with breeze. I think the adjustments turned out great and give a lot of people that may have been intimidated by arena, a way to get in there, mix it up, and farm. I need to go back and look at carapace breeze and vials thread.
Im agreeing with you here :)

Titanfall
01-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Why would someone expect to easily farm for 15m items wearing 15k pink gear? If you can afford the ankh, you can afford better gear.

I am agreeing that breeze should not be freezing bosses.
Who said breeze is a easy pet to get anyway? It costs more than EVERY mythic pet ATM so it deserves its AA and stats.

Zeus
01-25-2015, 05:40 PM
The problem isn't breeze - the problem is that the 25% armor nerf was yet again applied on bosses by accident during an update.

Whoops...I wasn't supposed to let that slip, was I? ._.

Serancha
01-25-2015, 05:49 PM

It's not whining, it's the fact that current situation with Breeze takes away from the way elites were designed to be played. After all, if all maps could be farmed easily with legendary crate gear, what would be the purpose of having anything better?

Where is the motivation to work and save and get the good stuff if it makes no difference in what you can do. Most players I know don't save up and get good gear to stand around town and try to impress others. We get the gear so we can run the hardest maps and have chances at the top loot. If we could do this without that work and money, then there would be no point to any of it.

Titanfall
01-25-2015, 06:03 PM
It's not whining, it's the fact that current situation with Breeze takes away from the way elites were designed to be played. After all, if all maps could be farmed easily with legendary crate gear, what would be the purpose of having anything better?

Where is the motivation to work and save and get the good stuff if it makes no difference in what you can do. Most players I know don't save up and get good gear to stand around town and try to impress others. We get the gear so we can run the hardest maps and have chances at the top loot. If we could do this without that work and money, then there would be no point to any of it.
Thing is you already have the top gear, it shouldn't be a challenge to you anyway with or without breeze. Although multiple breezes do make it way to easy, I think it shouldnt get nerfed just make it freeze doesn't stack. You also said 'if we could do this without work and money'. Breeze requires a lot of money and work to get anyway...

Zeus
01-25-2015, 06:37 PM

I would first ask for the maps to be restored to intended difficulty before asking for pets to be nerfed. We all know arena was rolled back unintentionally.

Serancha
01-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I would first ask for the maps to be restored to intended difficulty before asking for pets to be nerfed. We all know arena was rolled back unintentionally.

It's not about nerfing the pet, it's about it being bugged, as Shiny stated earlier in this thread.

Zeus
01-25-2015, 06:49 PM
It's not about nerfing the pet, it's about it being bugged.

Arena is nerfed 30% unintentionally too yet again. Why is nobody mentioning that?

Anyways, I think Madnex mentioned it was done on purpose to preserve value of the pet. So, the issue is that arena's unintended + breeze makes arena a breeze. Remove one factor, preferably the one that doesn't kill farming, and it shouldn't be an issue anymore. No?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Serancha
01-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Arena is nerfed 30% unintentionally too yet again. Why is nobody mentioning that?

I wasn't aware of that.

Zeus
01-25-2015, 06:51 PM
I wasn't aware of that.

Well, now you know and I think that is the bigger issue of why the map is so easy now.

P.S: I edited the post you just replied to. Let me know what you think and if you disagree, why you disagree!

Madnex
01-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Anyways
All of my rage!

Xpolosion
01-26-2015, 12:30 AM
First breeze stole the fun out of pvp and now it comes to suck the fun out pve -.- pretty annoying when people wont group with you unless you have a breeze.. Fix this disease of a pet

Xpolosion
01-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Make breeze so we cant just stack breeze freezes plz and ty

Haligali
01-26-2015, 03:49 AM
I dont mind if it freeze bosses, but it freeze now all the mobs which a mage frost bolt can't: shadowmancers/big green guards/shielded skeletons etc. I switched to rogue a few months ago, wish I did it earlier.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

twoxc
01-26-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't know when this arena unintended 30% nerf reroll happen lol but from what i know and been at arena the last two days. It's been fixed already. It's the breeze lol. I joined with 2 breeze and i just stood there shooting aim and nox like a bot. xD

twoxc
01-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Firstly, breeze does not cost a lot of money in the grand scheme of this game. It's a legendary pet that has been screwing up the game in every aspect. It shouldn't be anything more than crawly. Look at it like this, it's a pet that costs 1m but it gives greater advantage than my 20m arcane pet. It also gives me more advantage than my 20m imbued armor and helm. You don't see a problem there?

Secondly, just because someone has top gear doesn't mean that a map shouldn't be challenging for them. If that was the case, people with top gear would quit out of boredom if every map was like killing Jarl. The thing is, the hardest maps should not be playable with pink gear. I remember when I was in your shoes, beating elite Inan Hesh was a big goal for me. I didn't know any experienced players back then so i only heard rumors of full mythic teams being able to beat him and i couldn't even imagine how that was possible because i found him so difficult. However, at no point did i ever feel that sts should make that boss easy enough for me to beat. I got to work on maps i was able to farm and saved up for better gear until one day i finally beat Inan. I recommend you do the same thing.

AMEN, been there done that. Love the story lol was so intend while reading. strongly agree with you.

Candylicks
01-26-2015, 01:55 PM
LF party of rogue w/ breeze for 'Rena runs.

Kakashis
01-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Ran arena with 3 other breeze and bosses didn't even move! Loved it! They asked me where my breeze was :(

Titanfall
01-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Firstly, breeze does not cost a lot of money in the grand scheme of this game. It's a legendary pet that has been screwing up the game in every aspect. It shouldn't be anything more than crawly. Look at it like this, it's a pet that costs 1m but it gives greater advantage than my 20m arcane pet. It also gives me more advantage than my 20m imbued armor and helm. You don't see a problem there?

Secondly, just because someone has top gear doesn't mean that a map shouldn't be challenging for them. If that was the case, people with top gear would quit out of boredom if every map was like killing Jarl. The thing is, the hardest maps should not be playable with pink gear. I remember when I was in your shoes, beating elite Inan Hesh was a big goal for me. I didn't know any experienced players back then so i only heard rumors of full mythic teams being able to beat him and i couldn't even imagine how that was possible because i found him so difficult. However, at no point did i ever feel that sts should make that boss easy enough for me to beat. I got to work on maps i was able to farm and saved up for better gear until one day i finally beat Inan. I recommend you do the same thing.
Your in my shoes? Now you probably got the idea I'm some noob running around in dragon armor who has no clue what he's doing, I'm not, I actually am full mythic geared and for me arena isn't too much of a challenge and planar tombs is a breeze. and it doesn't cost a lot of money? Not for you but for the majority yes 2mil is a lot of gold for them. As Zeus stated arena is easy because of the unintentional -30% armor on bosses. Multiple breeze freezes do keep the boss frozen for way to long I agree on that, so if sts make it so freeze doesn't stack, problem solved? Also my lvl41 pink toon can run tombs and arena, and its only a real challenge on that toon with full legendary.

Carapace
01-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Hey guys,

This is indeed an oversight. The intended behavior is that bosses can be stunned, but are subject to the same immunity as players in PvP, complete with temporary immunity and chance to break free. It should still be super helpful, but not game breakingly helpful! :)

Thanks everyone fro the report!

Bmwmsix
01-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Ok again rogues bla bla, didnt read all. I ask Sts to limit Parties maximum 2 rogues allowed. Because we got three classes

You ask for a challenge stop then running any elite or timed runs with more then two rogues. Amazing isnt it just use a tank and a mage for any parties. This is how a mmo should be.

Im soo fed up reading... No challenge...bla..bla. Isnt using online one class also one big abuse??

For example pvp try beating a party of 4 warrior. There immediately comes the whining. Wuuahhh meee noo chance.

Just set a limiter for classes. For pve and pvp. Not more then two rogues allowed in one party.

And Btw stop mocking abt breeze, or buy stuff on cs and help community stays liquid.

Ps: Stop this one class abuse for pvp and pve

Serancha
01-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Your in my shoes? Now you probably got the idea I'm some noob running around in dragon armor who has no clue what he's doing, I'm not, I actually am full mythic geared and for me arena isn't too much of a challenge and planar tombs is a breeze. and it doesn't cost a lot of money? Not for you but for the majority yes 2mil is a lot of gold for them. As Zeus stated arena is easy because of the unintentional -30% armor on bosses. Multiple breeze freezes do keep the boss frozen for way to long I agree on that, so if sts make it so freeze doesn't stack, problem solved? Also my lvl41 pink toon can run tombs and arena, and its only a real challenge on that toon with full legendary.

Gee how did he get that idea? Maybe because in your post to me you were speaking to me like I was overgeared and you were not, therefore I should wear pink crate gear for a challenge. When you make ridiculous statements like that, don't complain when people get the impression you are new.

If you actually have all that good gear, you should see the point that it's stupid for us to have to gear down for a challenge. For new players with crate gear to be able to run the same maps as geared players with not much more difficulty is ridiculous. What's the point in working for better stuff?

Titanfall
01-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Gee how did he get that idea? Maybe because in your post to me you were speaking to me like I was overgeared and you were not, therefore I should wear pink crate gear for a challenge. When you make ridiculous statements like that, don't complain when people get the impression you are new.

If you actually have all that good gear, you should see the point that it's stupid for us to have to gear down for a challenge. For new players with crate gear to be able to run the same maps as geared players with not much more difficulty is ridiculous. What's the point in working for better stuff?
I didn't mean to come across as 'aggressive' lol, I was saying if you want to challenge yourselves for enjoyment, get a pt of friends wear good pink gear (ancient druid) and run the tombs for fun, didn't mean it in a aggressive way such as 'Stop crying and go wear noob gear then run'. I'm not over geared at all, just mythic armor ring amulet and a yowie. I've seen you in game and you do have top gear. And when I said pink I didn't mean pink crate gear, I meant decent pinks that everyone can afford. Oh and I was being serious when it isn't too difficult at all to run tombs and arena in pink gear. Just costs a few ankhs. And I guess the point for working for better gear is for that 'feel'. You know like when you just got the best thing in a game? You don't need it at all but you want it because its the best and makes you feel proud of yourself. Like buying a posh supercar that no one needs.

Also...if you have skill (not saying I'm a skilled MLG pro) you can run any map without the best gear. There's this war named Stelo on forums who runs a lot better than arcane geared warriors (that I've seen at least) he rarely ever dies in T3, and has dragon armor maul and sticks with a kelvin and Shiloh. Just under 2k armor and 6k HP. There's actually NO point in top gear unless you want to show off

Kriticality
01-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Dang. Guess cara cleared that up lol. Sorry for the accidental snitch everyone. See you all in game.

lethaljade
01-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Lol #fourmdrama

As5055565
01-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Yup breeze not a threat anymore yayayay

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Whelp, there goes the neighborhood, lol.