PDA

View Full Version : Signature Standoff!!!! (Competition)

Pharcyde
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Have skill in GFX? Well then show it off to the forums by making a signature worthy of glory and fame! The theme will be Pocket Legends (of course :P). So use your best techniques, and show off your masterpieces! There will be a first, second and third place for winners. The contest starts as of now and ends on the 15th, good luck!!!

Participants

Pharcyde
Rebel
Frenzyn
Lightninglord67

Your name here - Enter! :D

Entry Requirements:

MUST have some sort of photo editing software above paint! (Gimp, Photoshop, ect)
MUST be able to properly resize the signature!
MUST have a photobucket account to upload to forums!
The will to win :)

Theme:
I want to keep the restrictions of the theme small, I want to see your creative sides! All that I require is:

Having the Pocket Legends Logo somewhere in the sig, yes you may customize it, as long as the logo is in the name.
Having the text "Pocket Legends" somewhere in the sig. Again, completely customizable.
The sig may be sized however you want it, just keep it in a wide rectangle format. (no squares or super tall rectangles, ect.)
Optional - Have the sig small enough to be used as a forum signature. You don't have to, but if you plan on using your sig for yourself, they look best when made at that size.

Tips and Info -

You may use any sort of PL art in your sig (Remember to ask the owner for permission if it is a player made art).
It's also not limited to just Pocket Legends, you may use renders or stocks that do not directly correlate with PL.
Fanart and cool HD screenshots can be found on the PL fanpage on facebook.
There are several good screenshots and Player made arts here on the forum. May I suggest searching the forum for "Fan art".

If you need any help with something on your sig or have no clue at all how to make a sig, just ask here and I will help you or post a tutorial :). I can also give links to example signature tutorials so you can learn from them.

Lastly, GOOD LUCK!! :D

Judges
Judges have been contacted with information and their votes shall stay anonymous if they wish.
Mysticaldream
Kingofhurtz
Wrap

RULES -

Must be fair! (Cannot vote on a signature based on the person, not the skill of the signature. In other words, no voting for your friend, even though you like another persons sig better).
Judges may not participate in the event.
Each judge will have 3 votes, who ever gets the most votes wins.
Cannot place more than one vote per person.

darkfussion
03-03-2011, 09:41 PM
That's alot of requirements should least allow paint to be used i have made some pretty decent pictures with paint program

KingFu
03-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I'll judge.
/10

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Idgaf about requirements, ill kick everyones a$$ here. done gfx for 9 years.
Heres my entry even tho it is probly wrong, considering i didn't read a word you said.
xD...

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2762/frenzyn.png

And considering Vectoring isn't even my style, if u wanted me to get it on i'd GET IT ON.

If someone posts something better, ill just post something better :P
i do web design and profession art

Sorry if this post was a bit harsh, i am listing to bad a$$ music atm
got me feeling da mood

ALSO i would like to tell you, never choose anyone for judging over 100 posts, considering they probly will know alot of people, and could have bias arguments. So pick someone under that that monitors the forums, i can if u want. ;) since i was at an art school and know how to critique very well when it comes to art.

Conradin
03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
o.o can i have sobody make on for me to enter?

Kingofhurtz
03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I'll judge if theres room. I'm still trying to figure out how to insert more than 1 photo into PS :P

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I really think you should not accept anyone over 100 posts that should be a rule. In voir Dire for accepting jury trial, bias is a key thing.
This forum is full of bias opinions if you accept anyone over 100 posts for the reason they might have a favor on members of the community.

YYZ????
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd love to judge, Post count under 100-check, no bias-check, love the site & all the great Sig's-check

KingFu
03-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I really think you should not accept anyone over 100 posts that should be a rule. In voir Dire for accepting jury trial, bias is a key thing.
This forum is full of bias opinions if you accept anyone over 100 posts for the reason they might have a favor on members of the community.

Honestly, I think anyone that has a forum account will have a biased opinion. A lot of people read the forums, and don't make an account for a long time. Why don't we, rather than bending backwards to find an "unbiased" judge, just have Pharcyde send the judges the submission, in a random order anonymously, and have the submission be private messages to him? It'd make it totally fair in my opinion:)

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Pharcyde send the judges the submission, in a random order anonymously
*Facepalm*

KingFu
03-03-2011, 10:11 PM
*Facepalm*

What I mean by that was, he has the people enterring send the submissions to him (instead of posting them) and pharcyde takes them and sends them to the judges (numbering them randomly) then the submissions would be anonymous entries (at least for the judges), the judges PM pharcyde saying their opinion on them, then Pharcyde posts the results with the names.

/facepalm

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
dont turn this thread into a facepalm thread -.-

Ends on the 10th?! Shouldn't it be extended a little? just incase more people who didnt see it could participate in it

RedRyder
03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I give permission for my work/s to be used by either Phar or reb (no offense LL I'm closer with those two)

Wrap
03-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I can judge :)

Kingofhurtz
03-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I give permission for my work/s to be used by either Phar or reb (no offense LL I'm closer with those two)
Sorry for taking this off topic. It will only stay here for two posts but, congratz man!!! I saw your Sewer Queens taff in the CS. cheapest one there ;) didya loot it?

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry for taking this off topic. It will only stay here for two posts but, congratz man!!! I saw your Sewer Queens taff in the CS. cheapest one there ;) didya loot it?

nah i bought it last night like an idiot and trying to get some money back lmao i lost 90k but iill get over it. i just pulled it now since i head theres a sewer queen cowl so ill have a chance of a possible set. back on topic use my pictures if ya wanna!

Otukura
03-04-2011, 12:12 AM
nah i bought it last night like an idiot and trying to get some money back lmao i lost 90k but iill get over it. i just pulled it now since i head theres a sewer queen cowl so ill have a chance of a possible set. back on topic use my pictures if ya wanna!

Cowl and robe. No set currently, but next patch comes 'round, there will be. like, 1-.01^99999999% sure.

Inching
03-04-2011, 12:15 AM
What I mean by that was, he has the people enterring send the submissions to him (instead of posting them) and pharcyde takes them and sends them to the judges (numbering them randomly) then the submissions would be anonymous entries (at least for the judges), the judges PM pharcyde saying their opinion on them, then Pharcyde posts the results with the names.

/facepalm

I agree

/High fives the facepalm

Pharcyde
03-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Okay I will extend it to the 15th.

We have three judges.
Mysticaldream
Kingofhurtz
Wrap

As for paint, I made that requirement, because usually people who only use paint aren't the best skilled people. You may use paint if you want.

ALSO i would like to tell you, never choose anyone for judging over 100 posts, considering they probly will know alot of people, and could have bias arguments. So pick someone under that that monitors the forums, i can if u want. ;) since i was at an art school and know how to critique very well when it comes to art.

It should be quite the opposite of that logic. We do have some good 100 and under forum users, but we really don't know who they are. It is safer to go with someone who we know will be on the forums the next day posting. We do have three honest judges, I don't think we will have any bias issues with it.

Also if you haven't listened to a word we have said, then how can you take any part in this contest? That pic you worked so hard on doesn't fit my ever so minimal requirements.

Frenzyn
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Okay I will extend it to the 15th.

We have three judges.
Mysticaldream
Kingofhurtz
Wrap

As for paint, I made that requirement, because usually people who only use paint aren't the best skilled people. You may use paint if you want.

It should be quite the opposite of that logic. We do have some good 100 and under forum users, but we really don't know who they are. It is safer to go with someone who we know will be on the forums the next day posting. We do have three honest judges, I don't think we will have any bias issues with it.

Also if you haven't listened to a word we have said, then how can you take any part in this contest? That pic you worked so hard on doesn't fit my ever so minimal requirements.
Well tbh, i started making that before u even posted the contest.
and it was for something else, too.

If you wanted me to make something worth while, in my art style, someone better post something better or i don't bring out the can of a$$ whoopen.

Rebel
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I just noticed that it had to be PL themed. Can this be optional? Also, I'm not one for text, so is the text/logo also optional? Haha, as you can see, I'm not really one for requirements. I like to just go with the flow.

Sigkill
03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
ill also judge if thats ok

Pharcyde
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I just noticed that it had to be PL themed. Can this be optional? Also, I'm not one for text, so is the text/logo also optional? Haha, as you can see, I'm not really one for requirements. I like to just go with the flow.

.. The only two requirements I have :P.

Cheesecakess
03-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Can i enter, as you can see by my sig im not that good at ps but ill give it a try...
Btw on your giving away free Sig thread u gave me 1, am i aloud to enter that dosent say anything about it in the rules

Pharcyde
03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Haha I guess, but you would have to add PL logo and text "Pocket Legends" somewhere in that.

Frenzyn
03-04-2011, 11:27 PM

In other words (i'm guessing)
Your someone who designs web design based on, someone who takes brushes from brusheezy and doesn't know how to actually create something from scratch....
=\ *tis tis
I will join but it may be jammed rright before the due date, on account of alot of work.

Rebel
03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
In other words (i'm guessing)
Your someone who designs web design based on, someone who takes brushes from brusheezy and doesn't know how to actually create something from scratch....
=\ *tis tis
I will join but it may be jammed rright before the due date, on account of alot of work.

1. Designs web design based on? Not really understanding ya there bud.
2. No idea what brusheezy is. I do use brushes, and I'm pretty sure brushes are a major part in making signatures.
3. I use either a stock or render. Everything else is from scratch.

Cheesecakess
03-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Haha I guess, but you would have to add PL logo and text "Pocket Legends" somewhere in that.

Lol cool, umm im not gonna enter it in the comp but how do i copy it so i can use as my sig? Do u like pm it to ne or sumthing

Frenzyn
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
1. Designs web design based on? Not really understanding ya there bud.
2. No idea what brusheezy is. I do use brushes, and I'm pretty sure brushes are a major part in making signatures.
3. I use either a stock or render. Everything else is from scratch.

As in someone who just uses brushes for their whole art.
no creativity involved whatsoever, just a stealer.
Brusheezy is a website for brushes, and they are really good so alot of people just use them.
people put a white background or something off google, add some brushes and text and call it theirs which tremendously pisses me off.

Pharcyde
03-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Brusheezy is a website for brushes, and they are really good so alot of people just use them.
people put a white background or something off google, add some brushes and text and call it theirs which tremendously pisses me off.

Theres a hell of a lot more behind making signatures then brushes.... Some of my signatures get up to 17 layers. Nd I am self taught, I don't do classes, I am not in the GFX business, just someone who enjoys GFX. I know how to do many many many things with GFX that others would consider too complicated to try. I have made my own designs using illustrator and various other programs to make shapes or hand drawn designs to incorperate into a signature, ect. Explain to me how you can transform a black and white shape into a explosive vibrant set of effects using only brushes. I would love to hear you explain that to me.

Frenzyn
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Theres a hell of a lot more behind making signatures then brushes.... Some of my signatures get up to 17 layers. Nd I am self taught, I don't do classes, I am not in the GFX business, just someone who enjoys GFX. I know how to do many many many things with GFX that others would consider too complicated to try. I have made my own designs using illustrator and various other programs to make shapes or hand drawn designs to incorperate into a signature, ect. Explain to me how you can transform a black and white shape into a explosive vibrant set of effects using only brushes. I would love to hear you explain that to me.
Well, i was saying i hope your not going to do that... first and
since you arn't, good. But getting up to 17 layers is quiet weak. I get up to hundreds to be honest, but only on heavily edited things.
heres a tip: split up your images up to as many layers as you can for easy editing, and its easy to apply settings and if you merged them, it can screw up when applying images under or over.

Rebel
03-06-2011, 06:33 PM

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj401/camodawg/spacec4dnotxt.png

You tell me how I did this entire thing with brushes. I'd really like to know. I also see a good amount of creativity there.

Well, i was saying i hope your not going to do that... first and
since you arn't, good. But getting up to 17 layers is quiet weak. I get up to hundreds to be honest, but only on heavily edited things.
heres a tip: split up your images up to as many layers as you can for easy editing, and its easy to apply settings and if you merged them, it can screw up when applying images under or over.

We do this purely for the fun of it. We aren't professional graphic artists. And like Phar said, we haven't had classes or been taught by other professionals. I for one have been self taught, and used a few basic tutorials. Nothing major. May I ask how long you've been using Photoshop?

Keohike
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
hi i wud like to donate 50k, i know its not much but i just thought it make things a little bit more competitive now that there is some prize involved. Thanks

Frenzyn
03-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh now were getting it on.
And rebel, once again lol im not saying you do, i was asking the first time if u did, which you explained you didn't. which is what ive been trying to do for a long time.

but since there is a 50k prize now, ill go all out. ;)
You will see my full potential in a bit. i'll start making it today.
Can you shorten it to March 10th? way to long.

Keohike
03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
um Pharcyde didnt reply back to ma so i dun know if he want to accept the 50k donation so dont start yet lol

StompArtist
03-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Meh. Rebel wins with my sig hands down. No contest needed.

Joke aside: I think the contest should be with all contestant starting from the same base image (which should have several squirrels in it).