PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Quite unfair on new Str Gear/Sets.

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello all!

So with the new item sets (str especially), I've noticed two things :

1. The current Fury Set/Pieces are getting more and more pally oriented. Bears lose 8 Dodge, 8 HS, and 8 Armour for 30 MS. Those seem like very pally changes, IMO. Bears already are the least favoured class in BS, and making them less tanky and just have more MS doesn't exactly help.

2. With the introduction of the new Royal Sewer Plate, it seems that this future set will replace the Fury set for bears. ie Fury becomes a pally set and the new RS set (whenever all are implemented) becomes the new bear set.

IMO, thats unfair to the bears. We've worked hard by putting time and/or money into getting the current Fury set and pieces, only to have it changed to suit mages and introduce a new set for us to work for again.

My suggestion is, keep fury as a bear/tank set, and make the new Royal Sewer set the ones for pallys.

These are just speculations (Fury being pally and future Royal being for bears), proof:

Fury now : 12 Str, 6 Dodge, 6 HS, 6 MS, -2 armour from pre-update. Even the 2H of Fury was changed to these stats.

Royal Sewer now : 12 Str, 8 Dodge, 8 HS, and the original fury armour amount. The 2H Royal Hammer even has the original Fury stats.

Seeing this made me think of the possibility that Fury = Pally and Royal Sewer = Bears, which made me see the unfairness of this.

Hope it makes sense, thanks!

Vallist
03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
I think so too, but lets hear from the devs to see if there are changes

Fyrce
03-04-2011, 12:27 AM
STR should 1st be for bears, then for others (hybrids). Thanks for listening!

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 02:07 AM
STR should 1st be for bears, then for others (hybrids). Thanks for listening!

Completely agree. Which is what made me suggest that the current Fury gear be suited for the bears (since most of the bears already put days of work into them) and the new Royal Sewer gear be suited for hybrids.

A simpler way of lookin at it is, at the start of BS the gear to aim for bears was Fury. We got them, fulfillment of some kind, only to learn a few weeks later, oh it's actually for mages. Sucks to be us :(

Riccits
03-04-2011, 03:34 AM
i was shocked too when i saw the new stats... another unfair nerf to change stats of FF when some ppl bought and looted hard theyr equip, and now they have to buy SQ items to have almost the same stats as FF before...
such changes shouldnt be made when new content startet yet almost a month...
this hs and ms skyrocking isnt the solution... i liked the AO3 sets balancy in hs and ms. no class could say to have any problems with the regens, i dunno whats going on now...

Sigkill
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
i love the new ms on my bear, I'm definitely not complaining

Ciphor
03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Long time player first time poster. I'm pissed. 24 mana regen? They took a crappy fury set with to little mana regen (none really?!) And when people complain you go from none to way over the top? 6-7 mana regen keeps me 100% mana spamming all skills. I think devs clearly don't play bears so don't care. This slap in the face is uninstall worthy. If they ignore the bear community I doubt ill be the only one who quits over this.

If you want to stop being fair to bears then you need to let us class change for free or refund my purchased plat I've spent on trying to enjoy BS. I'm giving it a week tops.

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
i love the new ms on my bear, I'm definitely not complaining

Don't get me wrong, I love the MS too. It just seems excess and became more suitable for paladins, rather than the premium str armours being for bears.

I've seen paladins use the fury set, and it barely moves their mana. How much more for bears? Lol

Nightarcher
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Bear skills require such little mana, I think the pinks should have only 1 M/s on each piece if any at all. Birds use 2-4 times more mana than bears, and our pinks have none.

The 4M/s bonus or 8m/s with one mana regen on each piece is plenty.

Echelong
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree with that I mean I am thinking of getting the new fury but it should have 12 str 8 dodge 8 h/s 4 or 3 m/s same armor as before and at least 2 hit IMO but thats just me

Ciphor
03-04-2011, 07:43 PM
They should restore the armor value on fury, leave the dodge and health regen at 6 on all pieces. Put 2 mana regen & 4 hit on shield, chest and helmet. Put hit and crit on weapon.

Aside from what devs think about warriors (if they think about us) we need hit to keep agro off birds. Taunt alone doesn't do it. I seriously believe now that devs only play mages/birds. Oh and royal sewer armor is now insanely expensive. So why the hell did they nerf our current set. More and more this screw job they did to warriors stinks. Oh and of course I just spent 10 plat on a red vanity to match war set colors. Completely annoying.

WhoIsThis
03-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd have to agree ... bears need more love. Just give them the right bonuses for tanking along with 5-10 M/S and it will all be fine. As others have said, many bears worked hard to farm bosses and stock up gold for their sets; they should get something that is worthy of a super-tank.

It seems that bears in general need a bit more love. They need levels where their tanking is essential for the team (maybe an elite version of the sewers?) and equipment that is well, good for bears.