PDA

View Full Version : How common people play AL

Songoku
01-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Common endgamer = 450-500 damage (mage) ( dont know about warr, rouge) with really good gear. Even with that we wont get party invites for planar tomb and elite dungeons.

Why is that? Because the damage difference is too high so pro with 800-900 will only party other pro's. We common cant find party nowhere.

so what do we common people do?

We play only 2-3 hrs a day, and we farm either lock crates if klass give loot or we farm tooths and we only find 5 tooths in 3 hrs coz we cant do elite wild trinidi coz no party invite, or people just leave when we enter, so we do normal map.

We make about 150 tooths in a month = one dragonite bar = 2 million
If we keep doing this then in one year we make 24 million.

Conclusion

The common ---> 24 million in one year

The pro/ almost rich ---> 24 million in 1-2 months ( easy to find team so lots of planar and elite runs)

The rich ---> 24 million in one day ( locked crates)

As u can see the common people struggle alot. And in a year we can get only one cool arcane ( sameal/singe)

Im not trying to make developers feel some type of way, just sharing the life of a comman in AL.

Peace.

epicrrr
01-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Well all players were "common" at one point till they decided to step it up and invest and buy plats. You too can make that choice but being a "common" player has its perks and what-not at least you're getting gold, keep it up and you'll find this game pretty easy to get the best shiny equips. :)

Caabatric
01-25-2015, 08:49 PM
ik even more common people that just dont even bother with locks the life is hard...

Energizeric
01-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Elite dungeons (and tombs) are called "elite" because they are for elite players. As such, they will always be very hard (if not impossible) for common players to compete.

GoodSyntax
01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Everyone started out as a commoner at one point or another. I, myself have been knocked down to common status at least three different times.

But, even without plat, if you work hard, you can improve your standing. Start with the easier farming locations. Save up gold, buy mythic helm/armor, then go for high end rings and amulets. Mythic weapons should be last on your shopping list, since they will be the most expensive.

Look to your guild for elite farming parties. If none can be found, farm some of the normal maps (see below), or solo some of the easy elites.

If you aren't farming and you aren't trying to merch, you're losing money....so don't stand around just waiting for someone to invite you. Ask for runs in /g, if no one responds, farm eggs. Throwing a pity party doesn't earn you any gold.

Farming locations and desirable loot in order of difficulty:

Brackenridge/Kraken Mines 3 - Locked Crates
Elite Brackenridge Forest (Brackenridge) - Kettle Egg
Normal Oltgar Keep - Kelvin Egg
The rest of Normal Nordr - Other Nordr eggs such as August, Vixen, Mercury, etc.
Elite Rooks Nest (Ydra Forest) - Malison Egg
Elite Lost Mages Mine (Dead City via Arcanum Grounds) - Wrathjaw and Snaggletooth Eggs. Elite Golden Banded Chest
Elite Southern Seas (Kraken Isles) - Elite Golden Pirate Chest
Elite Palm Rock (Kraken Isles) - Firesquid
Elite Forest Breach (Shuyal) - Elite Golden Puzzlebox
Elite Jagged Trail (Tindirin) - Magmatic Staves, Elite Golden Dragonchest
Elite Caves of Tarawea (Tindirin) - Magmatic Claymore, Wurmtounge Egg, Elite Golden Dragonchest
Planar Tombs (PT2 is probably the easiest, IMHO) - Planar weapons, Planar Chests, Planar Fragments (so you can buy chests, recipes, or even Breeze eggs)

I have posted numerous elite solo guides - all can be found in the link on my signature block. Work hard, save up, set a goal - you can get there if you so desire....

GoodSyntax
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Elite dungeons (and tombs) are called "elite" because they are for elite players. As such, they will always be very hard (if not impossible) for common players to compete.

They really aren't all that elite. With the exception of Planar Tombs 3, I have soloed every map in this game with what I would consider to be upper-mainstream gear and pets. No need to try to discourage people from even attempting the run.

I try pretty hard to share as much information about elite strategies as I can with the community. I purposefully downgrade my gear just for my guides. Try to be a bit more supportive....

Blue Cheekster
01-25-2015, 10:29 PM

That depends on which elite zones. You can easily solo every elite map from Brackenridge to Kraken Isles--some of those Kalizzaa listed on his farming areas--even on all legendary gear and no mythic pet. I did it with mage and rogue. It's perfectly doable, and once you did it a few times you know how to do it faster.

And OP, I don't have 900dmg, my weapon isn't mythic, I have no arcane ring, no arcane pet. But I get invited to tomb party because 1) the people who invited me I helped on previous elite runs so they knew I could fight; 2) I learn fast by observing how people do things and trying to figure out why; 3) I've run a lot of elites, easy and hard zones alike, so I know how to adapt to different situations and parties, like when I need to change pets, and why.

I agree that you need reasonably good gear to be able to farm high end elite zones. And I know full well these don't come easy. I'm not much of a plat player and I farm a lot to get my chars good gear (and even then only my rogue is mythic) so I know how it feels to be on the other side of the great wealth divide. But this shouldn't have to discourage anyone.

I would suggest learning from the guides available on forum. Get the right build, learn skills rotation, save up for good speed+dmg pet, crit pet, and stun pet. Mages and rogues can solo Wilds for tooth if there are no PUG available. Try solo runs, duo, trio, don't quit just because you can't get a full party. It's important to know your job in a party and show that with you there runs are smoother, easier. Run a lot of elite to get really comfortable and confident with your skills. Confidence really matters, I think. People see you hanging back and unsure, slow and not responsive, they will think twice about inviting you next time.

Zylx
01-25-2015, 11:24 PM
That's because the gap between the rich and the poor is HUUUUUGE. I somewhat blame the fact that nothing's been released in a while except for the tip top gear in maps the require the tip top gear to run. The rich are progressing faster than the poor. The best gear for the top 1% are getting updated more often than the other gear for the other 99% of players.

raw
01-26-2015, 12:45 AM
They really aren't all that elite. With the exception of Planar Tombs 3, I have soloed every map in this game with what I would consider to be upper-mainstream gear and pets. No need to try to discourage people from even attempting the run.

I try pretty hard to share as much information about elite strategies as I can with the community. I purposefully downgrade my gear just for my guides. Try to be a bit more supportive....

Can you post a video of you soloing Mount Spyr Elite =P

Starkinea
01-26-2015, 03:16 AM

Yes, ik it's his favorite one :))))

GoodSyntax
01-26-2015, 11:09 AM

I don't know why everyone likes me to do this map, considering it's by far my least favorite map in game.

Yes, I used a DMG, DMG Reduction and Luck elixir. And, yes, I revived twice (during the run). I'm sure if I cared about this map a bit more, I'd spend the time to learn a better strategy than just run my butt off at the bridge, but that's what I do in party, and I didn't want to spend the next hour figuring out a better way. So, for what it's worth....here you go:

Imsofancy
01-26-2015, 12:13 PM
-.- Rip off.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?203974-How-regular-people-play-AL