PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think Scorch sucks?

UndeadJudge
01-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Mainly talking about rogue here - warriors I can see it is not all too useful, sorcs could possibly use it too.

IMO it's already OP as it is for a mythic pet...probably my favorite pet I own. It's a godly kiting pet, the shield is amazing from absorbing huge crits, and it gives 12% crit - the most of any mythic pet.

Besides the fact it may leave you with a little bit less HP, I don't see why anyone is asking for it to be buffed. All pets have different purposes.

Wutzgood
01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
For normal the shield isn't bad but or elites it only lasts one hit. I do like his crit bonus but that's about it.

UndeadJudge
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
For normal the shield isn't bad but or elites it only lasts one hit. I do like his crit bonus but that's about it.

Exactly, it only lasts 1 hit, but you would have been dead if it didn't go off. That's why it's so good - it reduces an incoming attack by 33% (about)

Alhuntrazeck
01-25-2015, 08:34 PM
In PvP, that one hit the shield absorbs is often a rogue's aimed shot - the rogue's most powerful attack. Hence it is great for 1v1's vs. rogues if you don't have an arcane pet; the speed and crit are very handy.

Wutzgood
01-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Never tried him in pvp since only my pve Mage has one. For pve I never use him.

Energizeric
01-25-2015, 09:33 PM
He's a good pet for protecting a party during boss fights or for flagging as he gives both speed and shield. But no, he is not an all purpose pet that you will want to use all the time.

Burstnuke
01-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Mainly talking about rogue here - warriors I can see it is not all too useful, sorcs could possibly use it too.

IMO it's already OP as it is for a mythic pet...probably my favorite pet I own. It's a godly kiting pet, the shield is amazing from absorbing huge crits, and it gives 12% crit - the most of any mythic pet.

Besides the fact it may leave you with a little bit less HP, I don't see why anyone is asking for it to be buffed. All pets have different purposes.

responding to title: Because it does suck.

Volt
01-25-2015, 10:54 PM
It's very op for rogues in vs situations. The major crit boost is awesome for a rogue!

Zylx
01-25-2015, 11:12 PM
Because people see the shield lasting 1-2 hits in comparison with the cooldown time.

In a DPS situation, the AA is severely lacking. It could be sufficient in a guarding from a single attack, but not if you are in a large mob that is constantly landing high-damage attacks on you. For a mythic pet, it's AA is really weak.

Most people compare this to the mage's shield, as it gives a 2 sec invulnerability and it lasts longer (if you have the necessary skill points). So when they see this, they're disappointed.

I dont think Scorch's shield should mimic the Mage Shield, as it would be severely OP for a pet, but i think the shield should add another buff that lingers even after the shield breaks or even add a single AoE attack (like an explosion) when activated. Just to make it a little more useful.

Madnex
01-26-2015, 12:15 AM
It's a pretty neat PvP pet for Rogues since the damage buffs don't count there anyway. If used while on damage elixir in PvE it's pretty nice too but it should be buffed. It absorbs 1550 damage at L36 and 1800 at L41. That's way too low for PvE. Double the damage absorbed or add a two second invulnerability (for PvE only).

Appeltjes
01-26-2015, 10:50 AM
It's a pretty neat PvP pet for Rogues since the damage buffs don't count there anyway. If used while on damage elixir in PvE it's pretty nice too but it should be buffed. It absorbs 1550 damage at L36 and 1800 at L41. That's way too low for PvE. Double the damage absorbed or add a two second invulnerability (for PvE only).

1800 dmg in pvp also is nthn nowadays.

Trenton
01-26-2015, 12:01 PM
In 31, I use Scorch and Hammerjaw on my rogue and I find myself using Scorch more often vs. rogues and mages. It's a great mythic pet.

Serancha
01-26-2015, 03:00 PM
He's a good pet for protecting a party during boss fights or for flagging as he gives both speed and shield. But no, he is not an all purpose pet that you will want to use all the time.

How does he protect the party when his shield breaks in less than one hit from an elite boss?

As for the original post:

Worst investment I ever made. Compared to other mythic pets it's garbage. The passive attack speed is much slower than any of the others, it's damage per hit is low, and it has a useless arcane ability.

This pet would be fine if it were legendary, but it is in no way worth the 250plat sticker price.

Other mythic pets (Grimm and Abaddon)

hits every 1.2 seconds
199-235 per hit
55 seconds to kill first mob in elite reef

Scorch 41

hits every 2.8 seconds
177 - 211 per hit
1:45-1:50 to kill first mob in elite reef

ClumsyCactus
01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
How does he protect the party when his shield breaks in less than one hit from an elite boss?

As for the original post:

Worst investment I ever made. Compared to other mythic pets it's garbage. The passive attack speed is much slower than any of the others, it's damage per hit is low, and it has a useless arcane ability.

This pet would be fine if it were legendary, but it is in no way worth the 250plat sticker price.

Other mythic pets (Grimm and Abaddon)

hits every 1.2 seconds
199-235 per hit
55 seconds to kill first mob in elite reef

Scorch 41

hits every 2.8 seconds
177 - 211 per hit
1:45-1:50 to kill first mob in elite reef
Adding to this: for the people saying that the shield absorbs a bit of rogues hits in pvp, BLINKY. LITERALLY. REMOVES. 40%. DMG. Thats more than enough to be able to kill the rogue usually.

Kakashis
01-26-2015, 04:06 PM
I had a full shield proc and I still died at the boss from one hit. If it could even absorb one super crit shot from a boss, I'd say yes, but as it is, useless.

At least with slag, the AA is instant with no delay, boss gets stunned so I survive, and each pot I use heals me more because I have more hp.

At this point, I don't even want to see this guy buffed, just give the option refund the 250 plats and I will just use a breeze as my top rotation pet.