PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate of Sewer Queen Staff (and possibly all other BS pinks) is nuts

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok, Just ran Swill Pitz with Cowboyjim, Droocapu, Hunnysniper, and Faytalia and we got 3 Sewer Queen staffs and lv 55 recipe for recurve bow in 10 runs.

Did something happen to the drop rates?

DawnInfinity
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I should probably farm. It could be my lucky day.

Major
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I would say your one lucky guy lol, the drops rates have not gone up lol!

Royce
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I thought the sewer queen staff had a pretty high drop rate from when it came out. Within a day there were many more of them in the market than the MM gemstone staff which had been around much longer. Anyway, that's still crazy. Maybe a glitch in the loot tables with the new gear being added?

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 10:19 PM
If two drops appeared consecutively, and that was it, I wouldnt have made a thread about it but 4 pinks in 10 runs is just weird.

Royce
03-03-2011, 10:22 PM
If two drops appeared consecutively, and that was it, I wouldnt have made a thread about it but 4 pinks in 10 runs is just weird.

Well the recipe doesn't count, they come from a separate drop (you'll notice you still get an item too when you get a recipe), but still 3 is pretty crazy, and the same one.

Frenzyn
03-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Ok, Just ran Swill Pitz with Cowboyjim, Droocapu, Hunnysniper, and Faytalia and we got 3 Sewer Queen staffs and lv 55 recipe for recurve bow in 10 runs.

Did something happen to the drop rates?

Im still waiting for you to take me under your wing like you promised.

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Im still waiting for you to take me under your wing like you promised.

One day :)

WhoIsThis
03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Statistically, I suppose there is a small, but non-zero probability of it happening. Keywords here are non-zero. Congrats if you were one of them.

RedRyder
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
no you guys just got.... really luck. i did god knows how many runs with jim today with no luck as usual. i actually payed for my studpid sewer staff im gonna try and sell it now. i cant stand having just 60k to my name lol T-T its pathetic how overpriced all this crap is too. like throw me a freakin bone here

sorry im just a little annoyed now. it finally caught up to me

Riccits
03-04-2011, 02:18 AM
iam only wondering if the loot rate seems higher bcz now are much more pinks possible to loot....?

drewcapu
03-04-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm sure it's all random.

I know the groups I've been in for Pitz have had some pretty darn good luck since the newer pinks came out. I've personally seen Sewer Staff drop 6 times now.

Pitz, by far, is my favorite to run. Nothing quite like trying to time those initial grates. Anyone who's been with me in Pitz know I like to just walk right down the middle without stopping :)

Luchta
03-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I love to run the pitz with a good tank. From the first column right after the grates, when the tank goes right in the middle and pulls everything in sight. A good group could clean the mess in seconds. Not to mention you can also level there pretty decently without using pots.

To the pitz!!!!

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 03:29 AM
I think it works especially for SQ.

After the first SQ Robe I saw, now I see at least 5 more in CS, cheapest one dropped to 550k already.

For SK and RS armours, still only one.

Yvonnel
03-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Man I must be really unlucky. I have only ever seen 2 pinks drop in the sewers and they werr both RR gear.

aloysiuslau
03-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Until today i have received a total of 2 pink in 1 week plus! So tiring! keke

skavenger216
03-04-2011, 06:16 AM
I've been running BS for 2 weeks and until today had only received 2 pinks.
Today, I've gotten 3 pinks - a sewer queen robe, a raid roach helm, and a fury fighters helm.

Total luck or increased drop rates? I dunno, either way is fine with me, I got a new piece of gear to equip and made almost a million gold! :D

Hahahahabirdy
03-04-2011, 06:25 AM
This happened to my group except with hammer. 5-6 pinks in 10 runs of catacombs

Echelong
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I made like 30 hideout runs last night and only got 1 robe to drop (I didn't get it) and got a fury helm from a few runs I did with Moog. So either you stole out luck or I just have the best bad luck ever.

Kalielle
03-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah our group farmed all afternoon till our fingers hurt and I think we had a recipe and one pink drop in total. I stopped, but later I heard one of our friends got lucky and dropped 3 pinks that evening. It's all luck, nothing to do but farm and hope for the best... :)

Doubletime
03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm a little torn about whether the drop rates have gotten a little better. On one hand, I have seen 8 pink drops and two recipes in two days. Before, I would go days and days without seeing a pink drop. On the other, I have been grinding for xp trying to hit 56 -- so I am doing runs over and over non-stop. So maybe it is just I have run those boards so many times the odds are catching up with me. My gut tells me the drops seem better. My head tells me it is probably just how many runs I am making. Regardless it is nice to see pink either way.

hawkei
03-04-2011, 09:33 AM

i believe they have increased. i have seen 5 pinks within 15 runs. 2 sewers robes 2 blast staffs and a dagger recipe.
of course i got the recipe :(

Luchta
03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
The way I see it. The rates have increased bec there are more pinks variety too loot. Anyone else witnessed this in AO3?

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I haven't personally noticed it yet, judging from the number of runs we did.

I did see a SQ Robe drop, and I got a Str helm, but that was over the course of 6 hours of on and off playing.

FluffNStuff
03-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Not sure if he mentioned, but two of those Sewer Queen Staffs dropped to the same person, ME!!! YAY!!! Zero pinks in BS before last night, and two in one night. When it rains, it pours!

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Moogerfooger
03-04-2011, 10:23 AM
You just got a pink, if I recall, Red ;)

hawkei
03-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Rolf I'm so sorry

Physiologic
03-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Fluff deserved that, he played one too many games without a pink :p

adwin
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Didn't notice anything, if not for the increasing frustration arising from one too many runs.
I've seen a single pink drop since yesterday on GF (as usual, not to me), and apart from that, nothing else in view.

I've been told that the new sewer king leather drops on roach. Can anyone confirm that?

Doubletime
03-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Maybe it is the repeat grinding runs, but I have picked up three pinks in the last two days. Before that -- I had one pink and one recipe since the day the sewers came out. Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but it does seem like the drop rates are better. Plus, including mine I have seen three pinks drop today.

adwin
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
@doubletime: where did the drops occur?
most ppl are quoting swill pitz, but have been running swill + roach mostly since yesterday and nada.

serulean
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
swill pitz drops mad pinks.

FluffNStuff
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
swill pitz drops mad pinks.

Swill Pitz is the fastest to do because you can go straight at the boss and only kill what is in your way. And with birds, the boss can be killed before the first totem starts healing. That means in the same amount of time, you are doing more runs, so more drop chances, so of course, more drops :) Timed it and we had it down to 3 minutes. So if it takes the other boards an average of 5 minutes, in an hour a group of 5 can do 8 more runs, which means 40 more drop chances.

adwin
03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
@Fluff, I came to the same conclusion some time ago. Swill is the way for farming. Roach isn't bad as well., both have ~60 enemies, but I find swill faster to clear (despite the fire goblins).

Doubletime
03-04-2011, 05:09 PM
@doubletime: where did the drops occur?
most ppl are quoting swill pitz, but have been running swill + roach mostly since yesterday and nada.

The pink drops I have been getting (and seeing) are on Hideout from Gold Fever. I'm still xp grinding from 55 to 56 so I need the extra mobs.

Luchta
03-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I dont thnk of leveling anymore. The xp occurs naturally at the moment for me at least. Whem they raise the cap again and make the 83k xp to 8.3k, I don't want to be one to face palm and get bored of doing runs until then.

My group got 3 pinks in 5 runs. Got one of them robes and sold it for 550k. With the current drop rates, those robes will go down to 300k or less in a week or two.

adwin
03-05-2011, 12:57 AM
@jlacosta: +1

I've been thinking about grinding to 56, but, I would hate it if the cap was raised while I was halfway especially taking into consideration the investment in time and xp pots.
IMO, STS shouldn't rethink the xp/cap procedure.
Can you imagine doing ONCE more ~90k xp? I guarantee you, that after 2 or 3 such actions, you would wave PL good bye, as to an epic waste of time. ppl do have real lives going on.
I think that once someone has grinded to elite level at least once, he shouldn't face the same boring task once more, that is:
IF you have 83k/83k xp, this should be transferable in full towards your new level, or at least in 50%, but 10x is pure ridicule.
How would you feel, if just before the cap, after more than a week or two of diligent grinding, just before ataining lvl 56, the cap was raised?
For example, at 82k of 83k xp?

All in all, in order to keep the "elite" level what it is, someone has to "feel the pain" once only. I don't see the necessity nor the validity of forcing users to hate the game.
;]

adwin
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Well, I've seen 2 drops during the same run on GF today.
1 was a fury weapon and can't remember the other one.
Other than that, I've seen 2 drops during 2 consecutive runs (I believe it was the Catacombs).

On a side note, the most I've seen is 4 pinks for a full party of 5 ppl in VL, and I quite often see 3.

davidis57
03-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I have not seen a pink in a week in any group or map. Most of the time its hideout. So you are lucky.

giayuan
03-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I got 2 sewer robes today and yesterday ;D price went down.. 200k!!! in those 2 days...
well.. im finally getting lucky again! pinks are dropping on me again