PDA

View Full Version : Pay to win Introducing Epics and Upgrades

mlkyduby
01-26-2015, 04:07 PM
If you honestly disagree with this, please don't bother replying. Not here for drama or trolls.

Arcane legends has clearly become pay to win. Always has always will. More platinum you have more locks you can open more money and gear you can get. Might as well go full pay to win at this point

I'd like to introduce Epic and Upgrade weapons. These will be available like the leprechaun pendants in the store for platinum and can be upgraded like mythic armor or through more platinum when new expansions come out. Priced at about $100 - $200. These could be called Chimera of ----

Upgrade weapon bonus:
25 - 35 ALL stat
x PERCENT health
x PERCENT critical
x PERCENT Damage drop
x damage

Epic weapon bonus:
25 - 35 ALL stat
x PERCENT critical
x PERCENT attk SPEED
x PERCENT Damage drop
x armor

I'd honestly rather buy the weapon instead of wasting my hard earned money on garbage from locked crates. just go full pay to win. Tired of this BS

Opry
01-27-2015, 04:35 PM
No. Just no. Too lazy to write the reason.

CAK Vader
01-27-2015, 04:46 PM
No. Just no. Too lazy to write the reason.
The first three words, was gonna be my exact comment.

siddhant
01-27-2015, 04:54 PM
no way zzz

Azageeber
01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Hopeless idea

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Agree with OP. I would 100% get behind items we can flat out purchase, then have to go through the roulette of locked all the time. I'm not saying that all items should be this way but if they stuck some rad stuff in the store we can just purchase... yep. I would be thrilled!

notfaded1
01-27-2015, 05:19 PM
When u open 1000 locked because u want a certain pet and get nothing yes I can understand... Why not just sell me what I want?
The thing is I don't think that could be done because it may be somewhat embarrasing what the prices would have to be? I'd be ok with it though.

Valkiryas
01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Nice Idea! Now, The next can be :

* Each time you want play AL you would pay $ 1.2 ( Free Taxes :D )

Now seriously is pretty obvious that AL is P2W, doesn't matter how many afford you use, you'll never compared with a platinum user.

Stryerwar
01-29-2015, 05:14 AM
Cash players will always will be a cash player well i agree in this thread for high lvl's and the players who played very long time and a lock hoarder :D but for new players i think they wont bother heh
Just My opinion :p
:D

carmine_blade
01-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Yeah cut to the chase and let us just straight buy SOME things. Like mythic pets but more of a range pls.

SacredKnight
01-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Interesting concept, however I think it would be easier to flat out buy things. $40 for this Mythic, $60 for this. Save everyone the gamble of locks and let us buy the thing, heck make it bound for all I care.

Bona Eve
01-29-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm tired of gambling too...

I opened locked creates because I wish to loot something decent, that's because I wanna enjoy high challenging maps.
But..recently I'm thinking that maybe I can wear epic gears and equip my Deary, then normal Tirindin maps would turn to be elite maps for me. lol.

siddhant
01-30-2015, 03:34 AM
if something like this actually gets implemented lot of non plat players will leave so i dont think sts will implement this:p

carmine_blade
02-04-2015, 12:41 AM
heck make it bound for all I care.

Yeah! This might be the key to STS wanting to do it- make some other mythic items (weapons, armour etc) available via plat purchase in the store, but make them bind-on-equip like eggs. Then STS would have some revenue from them, and more people might be happy to pay 250 plat for a cool weapon than would be to gamble 250 plat on lockeds, so it will probably boost the number of plat buyers.

Astrea
02-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Agree to your idea but make it tradeable not bound to player who bought it.

carmine_blade
02-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Agree to your idea but make it tradeable not bound to player who bought it.

My personal preference would be for the items to be tradeable, however from STS's point of view, bind-on-equip mythic plat items make good business sense cos everyone who wanted them would have to buy plat, and people who wouldn't normally buy plat might do so because they'd be guaranteed the item they wanted. None of this gambling on locks business (though if they kept arcane items in locked, people who currently open locks would probably continue to do so).