PDA

View Full Version : New PL client, different servers

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Something is wrong. Since I updated on my ipad mini, ios 8, none of my friends are online, towns basically empty. Logged on to my same account on android device, towns full, friends list active. Have you guys split the servers?

Ssneakykills
01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Oh dang I'm not updating

Fao
01-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Same happened to me... What's wrong?

Citing
01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Sts broke the game apart !

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I think it is us ios 8 users vs the rest of pl lol

Fao
01-26-2015, 05:47 PM
This better not stay like this! If it does I'll be so mad! I can't talk to any of my friends that were on!

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 05:52 PM
I bought you a shiv bow and You went off..fat

Fao
01-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Can a dev please tell us what's going on?

Groaning
01-26-2015, 05:56 PM
It so wierd :/

Oculus
01-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Don't even bother guys, the foreseeable future is here.

Groaning
01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Don't even bother guys, the foreseeable future is here.

Pl apocalypse
Bai

Loganayr
01-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Notice: the new client for android and ios that was launched today sends you on a new server. This means people on new client will only see people that have the new client (be it droid or ios). It's not the first time that the client changes, eventually the server still working on the old client will go off,so just go on your app store and download the new client.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk

Loganayr
01-26-2015, 06:10 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=206001

Fao
01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
So driod and iOS users can't play together anymore?

Groaning
01-26-2015, 06:14 PM
I think he means that the servers changed and when u update u will be spent to the new server so until your friends update they will be in the old server regardless of the device

Loganayr
01-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Exactly. New client has new server, for both droid and ios users who will update. Old client is the old server, which will go off sooner or later so everyone should just update as soon as they get wifi.

Citing
01-26-2015, 06:37 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=206001

No pls

Rninjas
01-26-2015, 06:38 PM
why do we have to have 10 posts to make thread wasent like tht before when i did months ago

dellabell
01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Cool. Thx logan! :)

for the lulz
01-26-2015, 06:57 PM
N0b0dy is online and im getting rlly scared sitting alone in the town pls halp , iz vry dark

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 07:00 PM
As logan said, we just need everybody to update. Sts need to tell the players that.

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Yw stg, just ran around the pl towns on my un-updated android phone for half an hour telling people what logan said to do.

10m pls.

K.
Thx.
Bai.

for the lulz
01-26-2015, 07:16 PM
Wao did u know u can pm urself? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/26/cf9f9546dde6d69ebbae6ab0c1235b34.jpg

Schnitzel
01-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Wao did u know u can pm urself? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/26/cf9f9546dde6d69ebbae6ab0c1235b34.jpg

yep

on another note, why is the other guy saying "NO"?

for the lulz
01-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Okay so basically , its a long story and im on my tablet so I dont feel like typing so much , but I will. Just don't expect me to use proper grammar and spelling 2lazy4dat

He and I met a few days ago in humania and we got into a conversation about his girlfriend. He kept telling me about how she left him for this other guy who was richer(y do ppl date on pl). He just went on and on and I cud make out that he really liked this girl cus he was mad at her but he kept saying all sorts of thjngs in her praise like - oh she was so awesome etc. Then he messaged me a screenshot of their breakup texts and then he sent me her pictures and stuff . Honestky I just wanted him to feel better so I said - shes ugly , u cud do alot better. He got pissed said - what the heck r u tryna say bro?
and then I was like - im just saying that ur a cool looking guy with a good personality and u could find someone better irl

And then he was like - are u hitting on me

And I was like - what the....noooo!!!!

*40 minutes silence , no texts*

And he was like- awkward.....

We did talk for a few days and I was really really upset about it cus I was just being normal and he had to go ahead and make everything weird. AAAANNNNYYWAYS we met today again in shadow and he was a wreck so I was like - whats wrong
He was still sad but he had a plan to get her back and he needed my help. Basically I was supposed to publicly praise him and say stuff like - wow ur so cool!!
it was an okay plan but I was still mad at him so I wasnt gonna help him. Then I said - this is ridiculous , we're done.
And then he was like - NO NO PLS
And then he offered me 1k.... what the heck.....who the hell does that ? He seriously thinks my loyalty can be bought ??? and that its only worth 1k??? My loyalty is easily worth 100k atleast , so we're in the middle of a negotiation.

plpr
01-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Omg same device and os! Same problem annoying af i thought everybody quit!

anahadaz
01-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Okay so basically , its a long story and im on my tablet so I dont feel like typing so much , but I will. Just don't expect me to use proper grammar and spelling 2lazy4dat

He and I met a few days ago in humania and we got into a conversation about his girlfriend. He kept telling me about how she left him for this other guy who was richer(y do ppl date on pl). He just went on and on and I cud make out that he really liked this girl cus he was mad at her but he kept saying all sorts of thjngs in her praise like - oh she was so awesome etc. Then he messaged me a screenshot of their breakup texts and then he sent me her pictures and stuff . Honestky I just wanted him to feel better so I said - shes ugly , u cud do alot better. He got pissed said - what the heck r u tryna say bro?
and then I was like - im just saying that ur a cool looking guy with a good personality and u could find someone better irl

We did talk for a few days and I was really really upset about it cus I was just being normal and he had to go ahead and make everything weird. AAAANNNNYYWAYS we met today again in shadow and he was a wreck so I was like - whats wrong
He was still sad but he had a plan to get her back and he needed my help. Basically I was supposed to publicly praise him and say stuff like - wow ur so cool!!
it was an okay plan but I was still mad at him so I wasnt gonna help him. Then I said - this is ridiculous , we're done.
And then he offered me 1k.... what the heck.....who the hell does that ? He seriously thinks my loyalty can be bought ??? and that its only worth 1k??? My loyalty is easily worth 100k atleast , so we're in the middle of a negotiation.

Lol. We were just there spamming "new update is for oldies only, go away new gens" i didn't have a clue what that bear was on about, lol.

Draebatad
01-26-2015, 08:25 PM
A PL update happened this afternoon, the result has been that people who updated cannot see people who didn't, and vice versa.

Very few updated so far. People who updated only see a few friends online, and think PL is dead. Some already quit, one deleted his account. This is very bad timing for such a misunderstanding.

It's like there's two different PL worlds now. You can login on a client that didn't update, and login on a client that did, and not see each other. Both can be in the guild hall at the same time, but do not see each other.

Please post an announcement about this and get this issue resolved as soon as possible before it causes the community unnecessary losses.

-Drae

Seoratrek
01-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Hey everyone,

I've sent a note to the devs to see what's up. However, based on what I have been told it's possible that people just haven't updated to the new version of the game, thus resulting in people not appearing in game. If you haven't already, please update to the new client. Thanks! :)

Draebatad
01-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Omg same device and os! Same problem annoying af i thought everybody quit!

Exactly. This confusion is going to cause irreparable harm to the PL community. And where's the official announcement regarding this update? The update should be forced.

Roachroyale
01-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Now they're isolating peeps

Draebatad
01-26-2015, 09:19 PM
My estimate being on both the new and old server (different devices) is that 95% are on the old client still. The new server makes PL look deader than a doorknob :/ Not good.

usmcporch
01-26-2015, 10:23 PM
This updated forces my place to restart when I multi task to another window like internet Skype or anything. Before I had a good 30- 45 secs to switch back before restarting. Pl also crashes more. Very aggravating. Thought there wasn't going to be any updates???

synfullmagic_23110
01-26-2015, 11:34 PM
So if i update on one device and other naw wut happens

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 12:08 AM
So if i update on one device and other naw wut happens

The device that updates goes to the new server, the device that didn't stays in the old server. Two worlds.

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 12:13 AM
Just a thought... It would probably be a good idea for STS to global message the old server to tell people to update their PL app so that we're all on the same server. Automate that global message once every 30 minutes. This would expedite the transition and get us all on the same page.

Plaguemaw
01-27-2015, 12:22 AM
On the new server Free plat offers lead to a crash for me, idk whats up with anyone else. samsung tab 2 android 4.4

Sent from my GT-P3113

iRandom
01-27-2015, 12:36 AM

he offered me 2.3 mil
i told him he should pay the girl off instead

programmed
01-27-2015, 01:01 AM
On the new server Free plat offers lead to a crash for me, idk whats up with anyone else. samsung tab 2 android 4.4

Sent from my GT-P3113

I don't use a samsung or android 4.4 but the same happens to me.

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 01:27 AM
The new servers may not have all the odds and ends attached (ie, free plat, etc). Keep the bug reports coming. STS needs to know what loose ends may exist so they can address them. The biggest one I see so far: 95% are still on the old app.

angeldawn
01-27-2015, 01:36 AM
I don't see why all the fuss. It's no different than past client updates.

The world isn't coming to an end and you ppl who say you been around forever. Should actually know the routine.

Plaguemaw
01-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Check this out
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2025187
Sent from my GT-P3113

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 01:48 AM
There's no fuss. People who've been here forever and are on the new server are confused as to why it's dead. Having to reassure them and spread the word on the old and new servers that there's a split for the moment. People need to update their clients to be together once again on the same server.

Epw
01-27-2015, 02:23 AM
This updated forces my place to restart when I multi task to another window like internet Skype or anything. Before I had a good 30- 45 secs to switch back before restarting. Pl also crashes more. Very aggravating. Thought there wasn't going to be any updates???
Im facing the same problem with multitasking app crash..

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 02:28 AM
If what Plaguemaw's link says is true, and people are directed to different servers on the new update based upon their brand/OS, then we have a real probolem. But I've gone to town on the new update, and there are people who are using Android, Apple and Chrome, all together in the new client/server.

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 02:31 AM

If there are problems, please report them to STS. They need to know. Submit a support ticket.

Epw
01-27-2015, 02:33 AM
If there are problems, please report them to STS. They need to know. Submit a support ticket.
I already did it :)

Plaguemaw
01-27-2015, 02:48 AM
If what Plaguemaw's link says is true, and people are directed to different servers on the new update based upon their brand/OS, then we have a real probolem. But I've gone to town on the new update, and there are people who are using Android, Apple and Chrome, all together in the new client/server.

Glad this issue has been cleared up. Everyone switch, pvp is dead in the new server.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Loganayr
01-27-2015, 06:43 AM
It is not about ios/droid, i tested with my devices. The division hits who updated and who didnt. We need some mod to actually be aware and either force the update by turning old servers off or unite the servers again. I pmed a few of them, please do the same as well.

for the lulz
01-27-2015, 07:30 AM
dear angeldawn , how about skipping the smart comments and stop defending everything sts does.Theres no fuss , sts may have stopped updating pl but most of us are still paying customers. This has happened before , but when it did , u cudnt log into the old servers. there wud be a message at the log in page saying please update the app. It's been handled badly this time causing ppl to think the game is dead and quit.

Citing
01-27-2015, 02:22 PM
"I'm sorry but we aren't updating pl anymore"-justg
Couple days later BOOM!

Draebatad
01-27-2015, 02:31 PM
This has happened before , but when it did , u cudnt log into the old servers. there wud be a message at the log in page saying please update the app. It's been handled badly this time causing ppl to think the game is dead and quit.

That message should be displayed again on the old server. Or DNS should be updated to point people on the old client to the new server. Whatever gets people together again is the ticket. This was unfortunately, very poorly planned and executed - and at a very sensitive time for PL. Hopefully during this business day, STS will get us all back together again.

angeldawn
01-28-2015, 10:52 PM
You can't blame STS for poor planning when u have no idea what happened and why the forced update is delayed.

I can actually think of a very good reason that the update wasn't forced. (Not sure if it is the reason or not). PL is on many platforms now and there is a chance that not all platforms have pushed out the update yet. We know iOS, droid and pc has. But what about fire or Mac? And who else knows what platform.

If STS forced everyone to update and the updated have been pushed out for those platforms. Some ppl wouldn't be allowed to play at all.

And Tree
It's a public forum. I'll say as I choose. I'll defend STS when I feel they made the right decision. I'm not as simple minded as some (not directed at anyone in particular) to only see one view.

If you don't like my comments feel free to not read or comment on them.

usmcporch
02-02-2015, 11:40 PM

STS response was this was the fix to others complaint. People said theyre bandwidth was being used up from the app in the background. So we are S.O.L x.x