PDA

View Full Version : Maps of Alterra

noneo
03-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Here is the first of many maps that I am creating

I chose to start with the Balefort Sewers since it is the most unknown out of the dungeons. I specifically started with Bandit Hideout due to the fact that it seems most popular at the moment.

I will eventually be adding every dungeon's map to this post.

Let me know what you think.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2074/bandithideout.png

Here is a more finalized map. It's Muck Hovel.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4980/muckhovel.png

noneo
03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
This post Reserved.

Major
03-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Wow man good job.....do them all, lots of people will find them useful when first starting out!

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Excellent work. Throw in grate locations with a "circle" and I will turn this A into an A+ :)

noneo
03-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Thats the plan! I just have to make time to run through every map and do the whole process. This is just a teaser :P

Physi, that was my next step once I get all maps finished. Eventually I would like to label all mob locations as well. That way people don't just run into a corner and get mowed down.

Major
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Wouldn't hurt to have chest and orb locations either lol. Just make one basic legend for all your maps. You have something here, just gotta work at it!

RedRyder
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM
looks like i was too late lol anyways good job man!

noneo
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Wouldn't hurt to have chest and orb locations either lol. Just make one basic legend for all your maps. You have something here, just gotta work at it!

Very true. Maybe even quest Points of Interest? Like Containment Units, Freeing Captives, Quest starts, etc.

And I am planning on doing a world map that shows the connection between all areas (if that is physically possible with the way maps are designed).

This may be turning into a way bigger project lol...

superglut2
03-04-2011, 12:22 AM
great idea :)

Physiologic
03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Well, being too complicated might just make the map look really messy, and sometimes simplicity is for the best.

For Balefort Sewers and Goblin Stronghold (in Balefort Castle campaign): add grates.

For all maps: add NPC locations and I guess a "!" for quests?

YYZ????
03-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Great idea, and great job. Keep at it, it will be much appreciated.

Pharcyde
03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Maybe you can also post a dot in locations where certain enemies are. Like if the person needs to kill 40 bear bandits, you could have a dot where the highest concentration of bear bandits would be located at.

Great job on the map ;)

longsteak
03-04-2011, 06:52 AM
YES! I love this. MAybe Quest help could be implemented as well! I mean considering half the time the hardest part of a quest in PL is finding it.

Yanis
03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Well done! This will be a great asset to the game.

Now, can you have a moving dot showing where my toon is on the map I'm playing, in real time? ;-)

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I like this. How I wish I had something like this when I just started :)

Redbridge
04-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Quality. Got any further yet?

EpuYue
04-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Good job! Perhaps some of us can help in drawing different maps to speed up the whole process and to reduce your workload. :)

Lovenus
04-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Here is the first of many maps that I am creating

I chose to start with the Balefort Sewers since it is the most unknown out of the dungeons. I specifically started with Bandit Hideout due to the fact that it seems most popular at the moment.

I will eventually be adding every dungeon's map to this post.

Let me know what you think.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2074/bandithideout.png

Here is a more finalized map. It's Muck Hovel.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4980/muckhovel.png

Awesome noneo. ^^ I wanted to do this to all the towns of Alterra as a start during my free time and slowly adding other dungeons to it. From the looks, I can see that you have beaten me to it. If you noticed, my crafting guide has all the expanded map layouts in the pictures.

Well, I would love to see this completed soon. All the best noneo! Contact me if you need any help. Will be glad to assist you when I'm free as this is a huge project. This is just a level of difficulty below Yanis list of pink items.