PDA

View Full Version : Elite Wilds Feedback

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 09:46 AM
I am curious what your take is on the changes to the elite wilds. We run it quite often as our guild uses this map for recruitment runs. I have probably run it at least 10 times since the change and I have to say I am not a fan. Here is my feedback:

The zone is now super easy. Without the timers I find myself pulling up the party window to make sure that I am indeed running elite wilds and not regular wilds.

The fun, well it's not so fun. We like to do big pulls and AOE and try and survive, we've been running like this for a long time. Now we have to shuffle along.

It feels choppy, the fluidity of the map is gone. It's move a few feet, kill 3 mobs. Move a few more, kill 3 more.

You removed too many enemies.

If you don't get the pulls right now the mobs run back and forth and reset a lot.

I hope you can solve the disconnect issues in another way, it's boring to run an elite zone and only have a few hard enemy at a time to work on.

And yes as was brought up before you have totally created a warrior-free zone. They are 100% not necessary anymore in elite wilds.

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 10:09 AM
I agree that the zone is now pretty barren and that going through it is now much too easy.

Is there any middle ground between the first map you created and the new one?

Also, we need to pick harder maps for recruitment runs, Can.

At the bare minimum people should be able to go on some planar tomb 1 runs without being a hindrance.

ueveotadeo
01-27-2015, 10:25 AM
And yes as was brought up before you have totally created a warrior-free zone. They are 100% not necessary anymore in elite wilds.

Not only warriors, with mob density so low, so scatered and with shortened leash, there is also no need for mages at all....

On a side note, even thought the change density and placement of mobs only in Wilds, the short leash changes can be seen on all tindirim maps.

raw
01-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I agree. This, like many other elites, is now a rogue map. I tried to figure out some places to do large stops so I could have a reason to run this map with mages or tanks, but everything resets. Tanks are obsolete in this map, and mages aren't nearly as useful as before. For farming purposes I'd still run with mages for aggro control, but for timed-run purposes expect this to be completed with 4 rogues...

My feedback on the map so far... (basically in agreement with Candy)
- Very very easy. I haven't seen nearly as many armadillos. Since there are less mobs, the healers aren't as effective, making stops very easy.
- No fluidity. There are large gaps between where mobs spawn, and the archers that spawn from the side of the map aren't intuitive at all.
- Poop loot. As stated before, there is very little motivation for a user to run this map. Teeth drop rarely, and magmatic gear - if it even drops - isn't worth very much. Instead of focusing on connectivity issues, please focus on the loot (gold drops from boss)
- Anti-tank Map. Considering that the largest stop I could pull together was maybe max 8 mobs, I don't see the usefulness of a tank. If this is the direction that STG is moving towards in all elites, and if tanks skills are not revamped before next season, then expect a large number of people to stop playing. Tanks already have it rough in PvP because they don't get kills. In PvE they are forced to eat hundreds of health potions per run, and all they do is slow down parties, and aggro mobs that are better controlled with Ice/TimeShift/Traps.

In essence I don't think this was a net positive change for the Elite Tindirin Wilds map (A for effort tho!), and if this is what's to come in other elites, expect rogues to continue to dominate the leaderboards, while tanks continue to dissolve into PvE obsolete-ness.

Artoholics
01-27-2015, 11:24 AM
It's not the only warrior free zone btw...planar tombs1-3 can easyly be done without a single warrior (or a party with 4 people). I did them with 1 mage and 1-2 rogues normally...

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 11:31 AM
It's not the only warrior free zone btw...planar tombs1-3 can easyly be done without a single warrior (or a party with 4 people). I did them with 1 mage and 1-2 rogues normally...

We are aware of this but we are giving feedback on elite wilds changes.

jiph
01-27-2015, 11:40 AM
I strongly disagree is easy for all of you that have MAX OUT gear to say that right? Why don't you gift me all of your gear and try to do elite with pinks. this is not your game .and the purpose of the wilds changes IS to reduce lagging so shhhh. and if you think is too easy go do planar t1 to t3 thank you

notfaded1
01-27-2015, 11:46 AM
I strongly disagree is easy for all of you that have MAX OUT gear to say that right? Why don't you gift me all of your gear and try to do elite with pinks. this is not your game .and the purpose of the wilds changes IS to reduce lagging so shhhh. and if you think is too easy go do planar t1 to t3 thank you

I guess you've never watched Kalizza video on running tind solo with pink gear on it sounds like... it's doable you just have to slow down a little.

Artoholics
01-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Eerhm...I use pinks...[emoji29]

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 11:48 AM
I strongly disagree is easy for all of you that have MAX OUT gear to say that right? Why don't you gift me all of your gear and try to do elite with pinks. this is not your game .and the purpose of the wilds changes IS to reduce lagging so shhhh. and if you think is too easy go do planar t1 to t3 thank youThis is not just for elite, it's the entire map. You can't tell me that running wilds is as challenging as it used to be, nor that much fun for that matter. It's basically been reduced to a lengthy hike with muggers for a chance at a tooth.

I'm sure they can reduce the lag issues without turning the map into a sad chore.

ueveotadeo
01-27-2015, 11:48 AM

First of all, no need to be agressive, elite is suposed to be chalenging for everyone.

Second, there is a lot of good walkthoughs made by experienced players where they run with pink equip and solo elite maps. So if you still think its impossible go search for those guides.

jiph
01-27-2015, 02:34 PM
ok so what you want is to bring back all the lagging and get 1 hit by mobs so you can spend all your ankhs because your not having fun? And also warriors don't care if is a free warrior zone a warrior can solo anything . idk why you guys like to put down the warrior class so much envyness maybe? Or because you get owned in pvp

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 02:40 PM
ok so what you want is to bring back all the lagging and get 1 hit by mobs so you can spend all your ankhs because your not having fun?Are you sure that's what we're saying here? Be reasonable. >_>

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 03:55 PM
ok so what you want is to bring back all the lagging and get 1 hit by mobs so you can spend all your ankhs because your not having fun? And also warriors don't care if is a free warrior zone a warrior can solo anything . idk why you guys like to put down the warrior class so much envyness maybe? Or because you get owned in pvp

The thing is this. We ALL were having those lag and disconnect issues after the Halloween event. Then they were able to fix it for a large majority of the players without having to tinker with mob sizes or leashes. Now a different event came and the Asia/Eu players are having the same thing. Why could they fix it perfectly then but can't replicate the repair for those areas?

Changing the dynamics of the game so an elite zone feels like a rookie map isn't what we want to see happening. We like hard. Not unfair but hard and challenging. For the players who don't there is always locked and egg farming. We have spent a LOT of time and money on this game to get geared up, we like to max out the maps with the most possible mobs at once and pew pew them down.

jiph
01-27-2015, 04:13 PM
The thing is this. We ALL were having those lag and disconnect issues after the Halloween event. Then they were able to fix it for a large majority of the players without having to tinker with mob sizes or leashes. Now a different event came and the Asia/Eu players are having the same thing. Why could they fix it perfectly then but can't replicate the repair for those areas?

Changing the dynamics of the game so an elite zone feels like a rookie map isn't what we want to see happening. We like hard. Not unfair but hard and challenging. For the players who don't there is always locked and egg farming. We have spent a LOT of time and money on this game to get geared up, we like to max out the maps with the most possible mobs at once and pew pew them down.

Well if you want to get half hit by a mob and die instantaneously don't worry there is a new expansion coming and I'm sure your gonna be the first one to make a thread Begging to nerf it just wait a little longer thank you

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Well if you want to get half hit by a mob and die instantaneously don't worry there is a new expansion coming and I'm sure your gonna be the first one to make a thread Begging to nerf it just wait a little longer thank you

LOL. Ikr. The devs have a really hard job to make zones scaled right, I would NOT want to do their job. We respect them so much and use these forums as our link to give feedback on our experiences. There has to be some happy medium though, what the elite wilds is at now doesn't seem to be it though.

Carapace
01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks Candylicks, whether or not we revisit The Wilds is still unknown, but future map updates are likely to go on hold for a bit while we look at other means to adjust such things moving forward. Player experience is important to us, so we're taking this feedback very seriously.

Thanks again!

extrapayah
01-28-2015, 12:53 AM
well, honestly considering so many skills actually has a maximum target (mostly around 6), pulling too large group of enemies is never a wise way to play,
even kalizza's solo guide needs you to pull smaller groups of enemies. so yes, i have no problem with the changes