PDA

View Full Version : PASSIVE Damage skill is useless...

Avshow
01-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Since it does not stack with the damage bonus of pets....could you make the passive damage stackable?

Madnex
01-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Same for speed. I'm guessing they will replace them with something meaningful on the skill system revision since the subject of redoing the way buffs/debuffs work is being tactfully avoided.

Littlegroot
02-01-2015, 09:12 AM
yawns useless passive damage totally agreed

Kakashis
02-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Yeah, as it is, it's pointless to upgrade!

Zynzyn
02-10-2015, 05:14 PM
I would suggest that the passive skills page should have a warning or notification to educate the new player about this.

Why?

Not everyone has a forum account to know about the buff/debuff bugs. New players and those who are not acquainted with the forum threads about this particular bug will always spec this, completely oblivious to the fact that it is useless. So many respec kits people probably waste on this. Players have the right to know that what is written there on their skill page will actually work differently/or is not being applied.

Besides this, the stable should also clearly mention that pet damage bonuses do not work for rogues in pvp due to the buff/debuff bug. Just imagine. Players who have not read about this bug or have not heard it from others, will expect to receive the pet dmg bonus in pvp. They have absolutely no clue. When one purchases an item, they have every right to know exactly how it will work, otherwise it is ripping off the buyer by presenting them with half-truths.

Candylicks
02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Same for speed. I'm guessing they will replace them with something meaningful on the skill system revision since the subject of redoing the way buffs/debuffs work is being tactfully avoided.

Yes.

AngryLucas
02-19-2015, 12:29 PM
i have problem with quickness skill... it doesnt works

Rx8
02-21-2015, 02:25 AM
So the passive skill doesnt work if you have a pet with DMG bonuses? So does the same apply to the speed passives?

Tell me if i amwrong, i am a NUB at the passive systems.

GoodSyntax
02-21-2015, 03:25 AM
So the passive skill doesnt work if you have a pet with DMG bonuses? So does the same apply to the speed passives?

Tell me if i amwrong, i am a NUB at the passive systems.

It all comes down to buff/debuff mechanics.

Basically, for DMG, Armor and Speed, the single greatest buff wins. Whatever the source of the buff (passive, pet, veil, elixir, etc.) only the largest modifier is applied. So, in order of DMG buffs, it goes like this Combo Elixir > 25% DMG Elixir > Shadow Veil > Most Pet DMG % Bonuses > Passive DMG.

More important than the buff mechanics are the debuff mechanics. A debuff always overrides a buff. So, for example, a 5% DMG debuff will cancel out a 25% DMG buff from an elixir. This essentially creates a 30% DMG debuff in this scenario. In the case of the Dogs/Wolves in Nordr/Shuyal/Planar Tombs, they have a very strong armor debuff. This hurts A LOT, because all % armor buffs are completely wiped out; whether they come from passives, pets, Proc or elixirs!

On top of this, be aware that in PvP, Rogues are already permanently nerfed with a global DMG debuff, so ALL DMG related buffs are wiped out (pet, passive, veil, doesn't matter). Also, Rogue's Aimed Shot (with the armor debuff upgrade) will cancel out a 5/5 armor passive, so the inflicted damage will be higher than expected.

I hope the info helped...

Rx8
02-21-2015, 03:38 AM
It all comes down to buff/debuff mechanics.

Basically, for DMG, Armor and Speed, the single greatest buff wins. Whatever the source of the buff (passive, pet, veil, elixir, etc.) only the largest modifier is applied. So, in order of DMG buffs, it goes like this Combo Elixir > 25% DMG Elixir > Shadow Veil > Most Pet DMG % Bonuses > Passive DMG.

More important than the buff mechanics are the debuff mechanics. A debuff always overrides a buff. So, for example, a 5% DMG debuff will cancel out a 25% DMG buff from an elixir. This essentially creates a 30% DMG debuff in this scenario. In the case of the Dogs/Wolves in Nordr/Shuyal/Planar Tombs, they have a very strong armor debuff. This hurts A LOT, because all % armor buffs are completely wiped out; whether they come from passives, pets, Proc or elixirs!

On top of this, be aware that in PvP, Rogues are already permanently nerfed with a global DMG debuff, so ALL DMG related buffs are wiped out (pet, passive, veil, doesn't matter). Also, Rogue's Aimed Shot (with the armor debuff upgrade) will cancel out a 5/5 armor passive, so the inflicted damage will be higher than expected.

I hope the info helped...

Oh thanks! I also had some info from Alhunt saying that the buff is overidded by the highest debuff, And thanks for the clear and descriptive info, it helped me gain some knowledge.