PDA

View Full Version : 3 year veteran award in AL??

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Hey guys, i am a 3 year pl member, and i was wondering wether AL also offers any veteran rewards?

Is there a stash?

Where?

Visiting
01-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Only "veteran rewards" that we have are the cap banners (and Little Love banner). Also, Arcane Tabard set is about as good of a "veteran reward" as anyone could have.

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 08:55 AM
and what qualifications do you need to get that?

Does it depend on how long youve had your acc for?

Visiting
01-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Hate to say it but, basically all "veteran rewards" we're pretty much "you had to be there to get it". There's no rewards based on account creation date (dispite this being suggested several times).

GoodSyntax
01-28-2015, 09:27 AM
There were a few VIP Crates that were added to stash a long time ago (back in the Kraken cap?).

Artoholics
01-28-2015, 10:05 AM
I'd really like to see something like veteran rewards because long time ago when I was a noob and stash slots cost 15 plat and not aviable with story tokens I threw my lvl 26 and lvl 31 cap banner, the best mmorpg 2012 banner and a little love away[emoji29]

Zeus
01-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Why should a 3 year old PL member be considered to be a veteran of AL as well unless said person was actively playing the game? Either way, I believe STG's statement was that they've learned not to have veteran rewards from PL so if you want to show how old you are, the only way to do so is through discontinued, non-tradeable items.

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Why should a 3 year old PL member be considered to be a veteran of AL as well unless said person was actively playing the game? Either way, I believe STG's statement was that they've learned not to have veteran rewards from PL so if you want to show how old you are, the only way to do so is through discontinued, non-tradeable items.

I understand that, but i am thinking of it this way: I am a 3 year Sts Consumer/not just pl suscriber.

Anyways, where can i find the stash?

I just started yesterday (lvl 6 atm Tubbybehr, rouge), cuz pl seems to be shutting down...

Zeus
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
I understand that, but i am thinking of it this way: I am a 3 year Sts Consumer/not just pl suscriber.

Anyways, where can i find the stash?

I just started yesterday (lvl 6 atm Tubbybehr, rouge), cuz pl seems to be shutting down...

Yea, I've been w/ PL since June 2010 so I know how you feel but still, there's no reason for this other than personal gain. It's better that there is none because exclusive items deter new members from playing the game (think 3 piece rings in PL).

You can find the stash in nearly every town except Windmoore. If your guild hall is upgraded, there will also be a stash within guild hall.

Ardbeg
01-28-2015, 10:48 AM

Star Legends had in fact a Veteran Reward Vanity Set.

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Yea, I've been w/ PL since June 2010 so I know how you feel but still, there's no reason for this other than personal gain. It's better that there is none because exclusive items deter new members from playing the game (think 3 piece rings in PL).

You can find the stash in nearly every town except Windmoore. If your guild hall is upgraded, there will also be a stash within guild hall.

Thanks zeus,

Btw, i noticed that it is much harder to join a guild in AL, rather than pl...

What is your IGN in Al?

Can i join your guild?

P.S I read through your rouge mechanics(nicely written!), could you help me out with a build with my rouge?

Add: Tubbybehr.

Thanks in advance,

HeyitsTubs

<<RougesFTW>>

epicrrr
01-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Im nearing 2nd year of AL hehe, I like to have those loyalty vanities :)

Covert
01-28-2015, 10:57 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-01-28-11-50-21-1_zpsc3f221ed.png (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-01-28-11-50-21-1_zpsc3f221ed.png.html)
This is pretty veteran \o/

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 11:02 AM
wow.... dude, how do you get those??

HeyitsTubs
01-28-2015, 11:08 AM
how do you get banners? the ones with levels are for reaching the level caps in time right?

But what about the others?

noahgoulin
01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Event and leaderboards :)

noahgoulin
01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
But I was wondering too what is best banner ever??

Visiting
01-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Best Banner Ever was given when AL was awarded Top Game of the Year. Was available for free from an NPC. There's 2 versions of this for each consecutive year that AL won this award.

Artoholics
01-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Im nearing 2nd year of AL hehe, I like to have those loyalty vanities :)
Same here O.O

Tworivers
01-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Zeus is wrong on this one.

Burstnuke
01-28-2015, 11:45 PM

About the 3-piece, i could say the same with SNS just saying, but thats even worser since it was a LB prize, and it has a much bigger effect with op stats and aa. And he was infering to non stat items (vanities) not 3-piece rings.

Zeus
01-28-2015, 11:46 PM
About the 3-piece, i could say the same with SNS just saying, but thats even worser since it was a LB prize, and it has a much bigger effect with op stats and aa. And he was infering to non stat items (vanities) not 3-piece rings.

SNS has equal/competitive offerings so it's not the same thing. Check out the new Nekro or new Maridos. Ask anyone who runs with me. Maridos > SnS in PvE.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Burstnuke
01-28-2015, 11:48 PM
SNS has equal/competitive offerings so it's not the same thing. Check out the new Nekro or new Maridos. Ask anyone who runs with me. Maridos > SnS in PvE.

Im talking about pvp, sns dominates in there and it has the best happiness bonus. They had to buff nekro because SNS was way too op. Not to mention only a few people have sns, less then 100 (i think). Although I'm still sure Sns>3-piece rings stat wise.

Zeus
01-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Im talking about pvp, sns dominates in there and it has the best happiness bonus. They had to buff nekro because SNS was way too op. Not to mention only a few people have sns, less then 100 (i think).

40 people have SnS but they've also buffed Nekro so it would be competitive with SnS. Therefore, you cannot say that the pet has an unfair advantage.

In PL, every single person that capped had a 3 piece ring. There is a difference!

Burstnuke
01-28-2015, 11:56 PM
40 people have SnS but they've also buffed Nekro so it would be competitive with SnS. Therefore, you cannot say that the pet has an unfair advantage.

In PL, every single person that capped had a 3 piece ring. There is a difference!

Still again, Sns>3-piece rings stat wise. And how long was SNS the best pet? Since the ursoth event (lol how many months). And not to mention you cannot even aquire SNS anymore. 40 people is very bad, this meant 40 people dominated pvp for again how many months,

I will just stick to Sns>3-piece rings.

Zeus
01-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Still again, Sns>3-piece rings stat wise. And how long was SNS the best pet? Since the ursoth event (lol how many months). And not to mention you cannot even aquire SNS anymore. 40 people is very bad, this meant 40 people dominated pvp for again how many months,

I will just stick to Sns>3-piece rings.

A grey bow > 3 piece ring stats wise.

If I go back to PL, 3 piece rings are still there. SNS issue was fixed. You can't change the past. The issue was not that there was an OP but that there was no obtainable OP pet to match SnS. Now there is.

40 ppl is less than 1% of the game. Those 40 people were spread out among multiple levels, many of which do not PvP.

Burstnuke
01-29-2015, 12:02 AM
A grey bow > 3 piece ring stats wise.

If I go back to PL, 3 piece rings are still there. SNS issue was fixed. You can't change the past. The issue was not that there was an OP but that there was no obtainable OP pet to match SnS. Now there is.

40 ppl is less than 1% of the game. Those 40 people were spread out among multiple levels, many of which do not PvP.

Yea the 3-piece issue wasen't *solved* yet they let people get 2 piece rings. Now the stat diffrence is even lower. Not to mention the stat diffrence from 2-piece to 3-piece is incredibly small. And, if you're going to say the amount of xp increased (300k) i could say the same thing on aquiring Nekro or Maridos. The lower the number of an incredibly overpowered pet the worser. It isn't fair to let 40 people get an incredibly op pet and the the rest of the community to get the second best pet. Although it was solved im still saying it was bad.

Zeus
01-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Yea the 3-piece issue wasen't *solved* yet they let people get 2 piece rings. Now the stat diffrence is even lower. Not to mention the stat diffrence from 2-piece to 3-piece is incredibly small. And, if you're going to say the amount of xp increased (300k) i could say the same thing on aquiring Nekro or Maridos. The lower the number of an incredibly overpowered pet the worser. It isn't fair to let 40 people get an incredibly op pet and the the rest of the community to get the second best pet. Although it was solved im still saying it was bad.

2 piece ring is useless because it cannot be crafted with dragon sets. I may have not played PL in a long time but that does not mean I have forgotten it.

Nekro is SnS equivalent in PvP and the overpowered issue has been solved. Can you say the same about PL? No.

It's not worse because in PL, to a new player, every single PvP room would contain a veteran 3 piece user. However, in AL, meeting a SnS user is rare in PvP. If you do find one and do not have a Nekro to combat it, you have the option to leave room and find another room because of the fact that > 1% of the player base owns one. This was not the case in PL. Furthermore, if a person leaving a room solely based on SnS, I don't think the issue is with SNS but with perhaps gear and skill.

SnS is able to be overcome with smart play. The AA is like playing Russian Roulette. When fighting it, use the fact that pools spawn randomly to advantage.

I hope you understand why AL's version of lack of veteran rewards is far better than PL's. Yes, there may be some discrepancies but nothing that has not been solved. There's now 2-3 pets that are competitive with SnS. Heck, Samael is too if used correctly.

Burstnuke
01-29-2015, 12:19 AM
2 piece ring is useless because it cannot be crafted with dragon sets. I may have not played PL in a long time but that does not mean I have forgotten it.

Nekro is SnS equivalent in PvP and the overpowered issue has been solved. Can you say the same about PL? No.

It's not worse because in PL, to a new player, every single PvP room would contain a veteran 3 piece user. However, in AL, meeting a SnS user is rare in PvP. If you do find one and do not have a Nekro to combat it, you have the option to leave room and find another room because of the fact that > 1% of the player base owns one. This was not the case in PL. Furthermore, if a person leaving a room solely based on SnS, I don't think the issue is with SNS but with perhaps gear and skill.

SnS is able to be overcome with smart play. The AA is like playing Russian Roulette. When fighting it, use the fact that pools spawn randomly to advantage.

I hope you understand why AL's version of lack of veteran rewards is far better than PL's. Yes, there may be some discrepancies but nothing that has not been solved. There's now 2-3 pets that are competitive with SnS. Heck, Samael is too if used correctly.

Lol, the diffrence from 2-piece to 3-piece with dragon still isn't close to SNS's overpowered abilites during those months i mentioned. And i don't play AL a lot but im sure that SNS's aa is not like a russian roulette, its pools heals so much and the damage pools also do a lot of damage. Not to mention, the pools don't spread out wide, so its easy to get to the heal pool which may also stack on top of another for increased healing.

I hope you understand why AL's situation was worser.

Castellann
01-29-2015, 12:27 AM
how easy u guys came from veterans to sns n nekro rofl

Energizeric
01-29-2015, 02:15 AM
The difference is that I have no doubt that in the future there will be better pets introduced than SnS, so while the SnS owners have an advantage now, it will be short lived over the life of this game. I can remember at one time when people who had Hammerjaw were seen to have a huge advantage.

xnorwayx
01-29-2015, 06:58 AM
how easy u guys came from veterans to sns n nekro rofl

So true xD

utpal
01-29-2015, 07:01 AM
if u came in beta and bought that ARCANE TABARD SET. I also played beta but m f2p and beta didn't had that free plat offers. so couldn't able to buy.

but if capped in season1 (lvl16) u will get a banner. that's also can be sign of veteran.

Burstnuke
01-29-2015, 07:09 AM
The difference is that I have no doubt that in the future there will be better pets introduced than SnS, so while the SnS owners have an advantage now, it will be short lived over the life of this game. I can remember at one time when people who had Hammerjaw were seen to have a huge advantage.

Atleast hammerjaw was lootable, SNS was just downright non avaliable, lol.

Xenobiotic
01-29-2015, 08:05 AM

It was available for the people willing to give up their lives for about 2 weeks.

HeyitsTubs
01-29-2015, 08:11 AM
lol

HeyitsTubs
01-29-2015, 08:13 AM
btw, i am lvl 7 atm IGN Tubbybehr.... where can i find my stash?

Should i expect anything in it?

Also, what are story tokens?

What about the blue ones?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am a 3 year pl player who is transferring to AL, please help.

GuardianTwo
01-29-2015, 09:00 AM
btw, i am lvl 7 atm IGN Tubbybehr.... where can i find my stash?

Should i expect anything in it?

Also, what are story tokens?

What about the blue ones?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am a 3 year pl player who is transferring to AL, please help.

If you have reached 2nd town, then go towards top, its on left side of the road. But there is given nothing inside it.
Story tokens can be acquired by doing bard's tale daily. It will give 10 tokens daily. From those tokens you can buy some gears or pets and also new character slot/stash slot etc
The blue ones are the hauntlet tokens, it can be accessed once you reach kraag, its another map on clearing which you will get 1 token. So as many tokens as you can get daily not like story token. And there are another set of pet which can be bought from these tokens. Hope this helps :)

HeyitsTubs
01-29-2015, 07:12 PM
yes it does! thanks!

Franocazzzo
01-29-2015, 10:45 PM
Played s1 3 days after al came to android :)

Rx8
01-30-2015, 01:58 AM

If everyone had sns from lockeds with current stats i bet this game will be in ruins. Nekro has now been buffed giving a fair advantage of the sns vsers. Now nekro equivalent to sns in PvP. You may be a veteran of playing STG games but you cannot say that your a veteran of AL without playing since its beginning or its 1.4 reign. If u had opened an account long time ago then u might as well consider as you'd be getting the old lvl cap banners like the lv16 and 21 36 and 41s. However i believe that 21 cap can be the last traceable period of how veteranish player you are. Sns was a disaster prize. Ppl didnt sleep blah blah blah....it was chaos for getting sns