PDA

View Full Version : Will you play pvp before grouping is released?

Azrael
05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats the question! Personally i'm pretty disappointed that pvp is being released before grouping. Pugs work in FPS games but in MMO's they are boarder line offensive. With deaths being recorded i rather not mess up my mains record because i have to deal with pugs.

My plan is to bring in my archer which i play the least until i get the hang of pvp. Also i'm waiting to see if you can quit out of pvp games without a negative effect (such as your player staying in game and getting killed). Sounds cheesy, but when it comes to MMORPG's.... there is nothing worse than a pug.

Justg
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Kills and Deaths will not affect the record of your characters for now. I understand your desire for grouping, but you should be able to play PvP without it (you get to choose your side once you enter an instance).

Azrael
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Kills and Deaths will not affect the record of your characters for now. I understand your desire for grouping, but you should be able to play PvP without it (you get to choose your side once you enter an instance).

First off kills and deaths not effecting the record at first is plain awesome. Thanks for telling me!

But if we get to choose our side before entering, does that mean we can stack the teams? Can I start a game, and then tell my Venom buddies to join, and have it be 5 vs 0 until someone enters the game and has to choose the other side? Is there no game enforced balance of the number of players on each side?

Diz
05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
It's good for now. It gets people to try it out without fear of being banged on by a Vented group. It also gets people mixing together so they can make new friends and check out their options before PvP matures and becomes standardized and semi-serious.

Endless
05-19-2010, 03:50 PM
A chance to get our feet wet first. Maybe to tweak PvP combat before official seasons and ladders come out. I can't wait!

Justg
05-19-2010, 03:54 PM
We will definitely be doing a ton of tweaking once it gets into your hands, and before we get a serious leaderboard in place. I am sure we will be releasing new rule-sets along the way too.

haroldiv
05-19-2010, 04:02 PM

dude. sweet. my PVE kill death ratio is horendous lol. totally not your fault i just did a lot of respecing and exploring once AS came out. was hoping to be able to do the same without tarnishing what i hope to be a great PVP ratio.

so thanks!

nerdherd
05-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Ah, this is very good news indeed.

BestHyun
05-19-2010, 09:14 PM

so does that mean that kills and deaths won't be recorded at all when pvp comes out?!

thats bad news :(

Aerospacegod
05-19-2010, 09:17 PM
It's a given some group/weapon combo will be way superior so it's ok as they tweak it. Hopefully it won't last long though...

Xanthia
05-19-2010, 09:18 PM
This is AWESOME!!!!! NO Kill Tracking Until GROUPING

Aerospacegod
05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
You can essentially try out every combo of weapons to find the best fit instead of dieing 50 times as you research :)

Glad I've got options in my equip!

asommers
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
But if we get to choose our side before entering, does that mean we can stack the teams? Can I start a game, and then tell my Venom buddies to join, and have it be 5 vs 0 until someone enters the game and has to choose the other side? Is there no game enforced balance of the number of players on each side?

Yes, yes, and yes. We wanted players to be able to choose the side they wanted to play on. You can even switch sides if you want.

-ALS

Azrael
05-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. We wanted players to be able to choose the side they wanted to play on. You can even switch sides if you want.

-ALS

This may not make things always 100% fair and such... but that sort of thing can be addressed later.

As for now, this is perfect. You rock ALS

Xanthia
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Azrael don't tell them our plans...LOL This is awesome.

Brollus
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah can't wait to test PvP out.

haroldiv
05-20-2010, 05:07 PM
This may not make things always 100% fair and such...

Good! They should never be totally fair. This is the biggest mistake some games make when they go pvp. you can NEVER please everyone. PVP is a sport. Athletes win sports because they are the smartest, fastest, strongest or a combination of those things. The ones who are incredible make it to the major leagues. Everyone else goes to the minors or plays in local pickup games.

Champions build reputations. People admire/fear them but either way they strive to reach a level where they can compete with them. They may never get there but they dream of it. This is a gigantic part of a successful community. Heroes to admire and Villans to hate. The community helps moderate this through social interaction.

Pretty quickly high end pvp teams will find no challenge or fun in taking on low lvl range or poorly geared groups. They will seek out the best and war for top team reputation. Pretty quickly douches who prey on the weak or depend on exploits/douchery will develop a bad rep. Either they get owned and rejected by true high end players or they mutate into super villains. Not everyone can become a master of the douche, only a few. God owe hate them but DAMN is it rewarding when we take them down. The average players will find themselves in a fairly even mix of kikin noob *** or getting theirs handed to them by full pink guilds. Now you have a real reason to gear up and LEARN from others.

Thelonearcher
05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
What will the leaderboard be records of

Endless
05-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Pretty quickly high end pvp teams will find no challenge or fun in taking on low lvl range or poorly geared groups. They will seek out the best and war for top team reputation. Pretty quickly douches who prey on the weak or depend on exploits/douchery will develop a bad rep. Either they get owned and rejected by true high end players or they mutate into super villains. Not everyone can become a master of the douche, only a few. God we hate them but DAMN is it rewarding when we take them down. The average players will find themselves in a fairly even mix of kikin noob *** or getting theirs handed to them by full pink guilds. Now you have a real reason to gear up and LEARN from others.

Loved this whole paragraph. Douchery is the funniest word I've heard in a long time. Preach it brother!

ratava
05-22-2010, 05:07 PM
It's good for now. It gets people to try it out without fear of being banged on by a Vented group. It also gets people mixing together so they can make new friends and check out their options before PvP matures and becomes standardized and semi-serious

Well said. pug v pug can generate some unexpected and fun fights however!

Entertaining
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Bump.

razerfingers
01-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Bump.

Thanks for useless bump.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

D-:
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna start bumping everything now.

Yich