View Full Version : crush the keeper or plasma pyramid?

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
So pretty quick frank question i need to farm cause im broke.. never been a hardcore farmer ive got lucky alot as a lowbie now my question is from personal expieriance which pays better in the end? Plasma pyramid? Or crush the keeper after selling the junk?

Major
03-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Well plasma if your looking for gold (solo) or CTK for lots of items to sell. I find more there is money in plasma runs!

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Plasma is better IMO.

Easier mobs, more or as much gold, and no need for the constant liquidating.

CTK is only good if you have a full group giving you all the drops.

Echelong
03-04-2011, 07:19 PM
For soloing run plasma pyramid. Gives about 3k per run before the first boss and if you clear all except the bosses you get about 4 to 5k. Also stash your pots and you get 25 of each pot per run and you can farm them too this way.

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry i forgot too include i like to play with people but i need to make gold and as i have tested pp pays better solo i usualy kill to first boss and remake is this the most efficent way to making gold then?

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
For soloing run plasma pyramid. Gives about 3k per run before the first boss and if you clear all except the bosses you get about 4 to 5k. Also stash your pots and you get 25 of each
pot per run and you can farm them too this way.

Not sure what you mean what gives you potions? The chests or something?

Also elly do you suggest a level 55 set that is best for farming in pp? The bellow set is excellent for groups but im looking for something that gives a lilttle more armor and m/s regen to farm with? Any set or items u recommend?

Echelong
03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Not sure what you mean what gives you potions? The chests or something?

Also elly do you suggest a level 55 set that is best for farming in pp? The bellow set is excellent for groups but im looking for something that gives a lilttle more armor and m/s regen to farm with? Any set or items u recommend?

stash all your pots and go for a run mobs will drop pots. After each run you will have 25 of each pot they keep dropping till you reach 25 of each. I did this and by the time the update came I had 14k pots on my stash.

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 07:33 PM
stash all your pots and go for a run mobs will drop pots. After each run you will have 25 of each pot they keep dropping till you reach 25 of each. I did this and by the time the update came I had 14k pots on my stash.

I love this community i learn new things every day thanks bro

Echelong
03-04-2011, 07:34 PM
NP hope it helps. It saves a lot of gold.

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
NP hope it helps. It saves a lot of gold.

That my friend u are right about now to find a set better for farming then group damageing

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I PM'd him my answer, but here it is anyway:

For Plasma/CTK, I use a dex bear setup. Since a str bear using BS gear would just be over-tanking the lower level maps, I'd rather use dex gears for the extra damage, crit, and the best of them all, the range of the weapon. They are weak enough to be 2-3 shotted on rage, and should be easy to clear them with beckon stomp.

With that, I recommend a dual spec build. Farm plasma/CTK using a dex setup, and when farming in BS, use your str setup.

Tengotengo
03-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I was wondering about this subject too; I've found the experience sort of unrewarding. I guess the gold is okay, but in the few times I've tried it, the run seems to drag a bit. I feel like I'm accomplishing more in CTK, I guess. I can swarm down the aisles with a group and pretty much be guaranteed to not break pace until Lorekeeper, then again until halfway into the shadow room. Lots of liquidation gear which takes only a couple of seconds, and ready access to groups, plus there's some gold as well. It also helps other people, if you're feeling nice.

I made a bunch from joining Captive Audience runs for my Cyber gear. So much that I'm thinking of just doing it. Clearing both halls ends up with a decent amount of gear and gold, and it goes VERY fast if it's Cyberhunters doing it.

I sort of enjoy doing Balefort 1-5. It netted 8-10k, was absolutely safe, and had the possibility to grab twink gear to sell. Same with Skeller Crunch Returns...it's pretty safe and pretty populated.

Some people have been doing Fathom Crypts hidden passageway. There's a never-ending supply of zombies, Skellers, Meatheads, and that one demon that looks like Vyxnaar.

You know, I remember being pretty moneyed when I was lvl 35 or so. It was the bombs through Expedition and Balefort. I'm so poor now. :( All this elite gear to buy and elixirs to take....

I think it's the circling and pseudo-kiting I have to do in PP. I need more damage is the thing, I guess. Anyway, if I can build a setup which allows me to not stop running through PP, I will vote for it as well. The pot thing is an extra bonus too...I just spent 15k on pots for my bear. :\

adwin
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I would recommend CTK. The gold is less than Plasma, but 1: it's faster. WAY faster, since their is less running around and less enemies.
BUT
what's more important, you get green drops very often, and most of them sell for ~150g.
You should also take into consideration the sub bosses, jailer/sniper/lore - get some rift equipment from them, and don't forget the occasional mynas.
All in all, my CTK run balance was always better than Plasma.

The only reason I would suggest Plasma is when the player doesn't have the appropriate level yet to skillfullly clear CTK

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
No doubt, Plasma runs are the most boring of any runs.

Just a winding corridor until you get to a small room, then a long corridor again, then rooms.

It only pays out well when you actually invest time into it and build up your wealth. If you can only do short runs, I'd suggest to just try your luck on pinks.

naptownblunt
03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I would recommend CTK. The gold is less than Plasma, but 1: it's faster. WAY faster, since their is less running around and less enemies.
BUT
what's more important, you get green drops very often, and most of them sell for ~150g.
You should also take into consideration the sub bosses, jailer/sniper/lore - get some rift equipment from them, and don't forget the occasional mynas.
All in all, my CTK run balance was always better than Plasma.

The only reason I would suggest Plasma is when the player doesn't have the appropriate level yet to skillfullly clear CTK

I like this and thanks to ely wow ctk runs are a jiffy with over 350dps when i buff and 65 crit it seams as if i beckon and stomp a pile of 7 and there dead its crazy

djkrazze
03-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Lmao man I'ma do this more! Lol pyramid here I come!