PDA

View Full Version : Fridge

Leiver
03-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Came across this bad boy today, wow got a bit of a shock!

Was just out innocently levelling my level 31 bear with a couple of birds in group and got taken totally by surprise. Must have died about 10 times before giving up, took me down in two hits every time couldn't pot fast enough!

Eventually got help to kill it from a friendly level 53 Mage but would never have done it myself

Is there any reason such a hard boss is in a relatively low level area? The area it's in is recommended level 25-30 and there's no way in hell a group of five level 30's would take him down. Is there some good drops available from it or something? If it's worth killing then I'll try again!

Doubletime
03-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Fridge is pretty tough for the correct level players. But he can be taken down with a good group (and maybe a damage and tank pot if you really need some extra help). He is the final boss so he is suppose to be hard. Decent pinks for a level 30 player. The key is not to pull the whole room at once. Pull out the mobs near the door and whittle down the opposition. Have a couple mages to res and a good tank for aggro. Then a couple birds for fast hard hitting damage.

But I have to agree, he is a pretty big shock the first time you run across him. Kind of like the first time you face the Overlord or Gurgox. Sometimes brute force won't get it done. Have to use a little strateegery. Yes, I made up that word.

Physiologic
03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Fridge and his blue demon minions drop "Green Ice" weapons (see here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8362-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-The-Lost-Expedition-and-Frozen-Nightmares)) which are valuable collectors items. The drop rate is painfully low, though. They run anywhere from 300-500k in the CS now I believe.

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 07:55 PM
i sold my green ice bow for 800k a month or two ago :) nowadays, farming fridge wont even really be worth it

Leiver
03-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the advice all I'll maybe leave him alone for now then haha

I'm all up for strategy if the reward justifies the effort. I remember welly first encounter with the bombers in the goblin king room. That was a giggle at level 20. Took him down eventually though! Go me haha

Anyways, already got mostly pink gear for both my characters (31 bear and 28 mage) so no real need to farm him any time soon, was just nice to see him dead after he owned me so many times!

I'll concentrate on just completing quests for now :-)