PDA

View Full Version : Arena Bosses Buffed?

Amokaachi
01-30-2015, 06:02 AM
I m sorry if it was announced but it seems like arena bosses have gotten secret buffs. They are not as easy as they were 2-3 weeks ago. They hit harder and faster now. Even Glob 1 hits you without red zone.

Twix
01-30-2015, 06:32 AM
yup seems like it. Now ferrix red zone hits me with 16k on a regular hit, glob 1hits me on reg hit as well.

justhell
01-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Yes,few mob and boss red zone seem have problem like this... I don't know this is bug or what,how we can avoid red zone if thing like this keep happen?... giant mob in tomb have small and short red zone but in reality his attack range when cast red zone is long and in some case didn't same with red zone direction... I wish STS have explanation about this problem and fix this soon...

Enterradora
01-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Yes,few mob and boss red zone seem have problem like this... I don't know this is bug or what,how we can avoid red zone if thing like this keep happen?... giant mob in tomb have small and short red zone but in reality his attack range when cast red zone is long and in some case didn't same with red zone direction... I wish STS have explanation about this problem and fix this soon...

T2 boss curse have the same problem, hit zone is longer than red zone and its 1 hit on dps, thats why i hate that boss.

justhell
01-30-2015, 07:15 AM
T2 boss curse have the same problem, hit zone is longer than red zone and its 1 hit on dps, thats why i hate that boss.
Yeah that really2 anoying... That thing keep happen on me when I didn't facing boss and already out side from red zone (after put clock on boss then run to save area without turn my position keep my back facing boss)... but if I turning back then facing boss in same range (lil bit out side red zone) I'll save. But red zone still red zone if we already out from red zone we should be okay,no excuse xD... fix soon please

Twix
01-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Looks like sts never mentions any nerfs in forums anymore, only updates

extrapayah
01-30-2015, 08:10 AM
well, as for arena's ferrix, he always do red zone after hits you twice, so tip from me, stun ferrix when he hit you once (or run away outside of his range), because even if he's taunted, he will always try to hit you again, and then charge very quickly (with useless < 1s red zone warning)

as for t2 boss, his curse range raised only when he's inside his healing pool, so be extra careful if he cast it when he's healing

GoodSyntax
01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
If I recall correctly, STS nerfed the armor of the Planar Tombs bosses, which inadvertently nerfed the armor of the bosses in the Arena. The unintended nerf in arena has since been fixed, so it technically isn't a buff, it was never supposed to be that easy in the first place.

But I do agree with you all about the red zones. There are so many warning areas in game which are simply not accurate, and this leads to a lot of unneeded deaths.

Off the top of my head, these are the inaccurate warning zones I can think of:

Both of Sorrax's warning zones are just a little bit larger than what you see on screen.
Tribal Abomination's circular AoE warning zone actually calculates damage way before the attack animation, so you get deaths from half a room away and are left thinking WTF?
The Hammer (PT3 boss) AoE zone of his Unarmed Punch is much larger than what the warning area shows.
Arachna inexplicably reports one red zone, but if you attack him at the wrong moment, he turns his attack towards you, but the warning area isn't updated to reflect that.
The large guardians in all of the Planar Tombs report a short frontal attack zone, when in reality it is a long range attack (I have died half a screen away without any warning countless times because of this).

I'm sure there are others, but this is what I can think of at the moment.

justhell
01-30-2015, 10:38 AM
STS please look at this thread,u guys promised improvment right? Maybe u guys can start from this thing :)

Amokaachi
01-30-2015, 10:47 AM
If I recall correctly, STS nerfed the armor of the Planar Tombs bosses, which inadvertently nerfed the armor of the bosses in the Arena. The unintended nerf in arena has since been fixed, so it technically isn't a buff, it was never supposed to be that easy in the first place.

But I do agree with you all about the red zones. There are so many warning areas in game which are simply not accurate, and this leads to a lot of unneeded deaths.

Off the top of my head, these are the inaccurate warning zones I can think of:

Both of Sorrax's warning zones are just a little bit larger than what you see on screen.
Tribal Abomination's circular AoE warning zone actually calculates damage way before the attack animation, so you get deaths from half a room away and are left thinking WTF?
The Hammer (PT3 boss) AoE zone of his Unarmed Punch is much larger than what the warning area shows.
Arachna inexplicably reports one red zone, but if you attack him at the wrong moment, he turns his attack towards you, but the warning area isn't updated to reflect that.
The large guardians in all of the Planar Tombs report a short frontal attack zone, when in reality it is a long range attack (I have died half a screen away without any warning countless times because of this).

I'm sure there are others, but this is what I can think of at the moment.

Not true. They nerfed arena bosses directly.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?188054-2014-11-20-Content-Update

GoodSyntax
01-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Not true. They nerfed arena bosses directly.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?188054-2014-11-20-Content-Update

Correct, but this link was from two months ago (shortly after the release of arena when EVERYONE was complaining it was too OP).

A couple of weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) the Planar Tombs bosses had their armor reduced slightly and this change trickled into the Arena. This resulted in the Arena being kind of easy, and this bug (because that's what it really was) recently got fixed, so it seems as if the Arena was buffed.

Carapace
01-30-2015, 12:47 PM
There has been no adjustment to Arena bosses to my knowledge. Breeze however no longer chain stuns bosses, could this be the change you are referencing?

Zeus
01-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Correct, but this link was from two months ago (shortly after the release of arena when EVERYONE was complaining it was too OP).

A couple of weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) the Planar Tombs bosses had their armor reduced slightly and this change trickled into the Arena. This resulted in the Arena being kind of easy, and this bug (because that's what it really was) recently got fixed, so it seems as if the Arena was buffed.

With a recent patch, the armor is again nerfed for arena.

GoodSyntax
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
With a recent patch, the armor is again nerfed for arena.

As in nerfed currently? I knew it was at one point, but I thought it has since been fixed.

Zeus
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
As in nerfed currently? I knew it was at one point, but I thought it has been fixed at this point.

Yep, it rolled back accidentally.

GoodSyntax
01-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Again?

Zeus
01-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Again?

Lol, yes. I haven't run arena in two days though. Has anything changed since then?

Daotahiur
01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Arena boss bug :) 117403

GoodSyntax
01-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Lol, yes. I haven't run arena in two days though. Has anything changed since then?

IDK - I've barely had the chance to play. I've been so busy putting together all the details, adding web analytics, and posting/updating threads for the Tour of Arlor event.

I have run arena a few times in the past couple of days, but with the parties I run with, the bosses drop so fast, I don't think I would even notice a difference.

justhell
01-30-2015, 03:34 PM
There has been no adjustment to Arena bosses to my knowledge. Breeze however no longer chain stuns bosses, could this be the change you are referencing?
Hi Cara...how bout red zone issue?

Amokaachi
01-31-2015, 03:48 AM
Nope i dont have breeze. I have been doing arena for at least 6 hours during weekdays. The count of 1 hits without redzones increased recently. The bosses hit harder than before. It really became annoying. Some recent update must have triggered this.

Enterradora
01-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Arena boss bug :) 117403

stahl hungry of blue blood :)

Chewycherry
02-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Guess Arena bosses been buffed they hittin harder than before
We die from no hit not even red zone
Is it the air ? Or Arena ghosts ?
Its really pissin me off :<

Gorecaster
02-02-2015, 01:36 PM
I would lean toward Kaliz's assessment of miscalculated red zones at this point. As a player we are concerned because the sheer amounts of one hit kills in the farming maps is unreasonable IMO. As developers I would expect some concern because a game should inform you of such incoming damage correctly or it comes across to the everyday player as a form of "milking" the end gamers for ankhs, which are rising in price and will soon be unobtainable to most.

will0
02-02-2015, 06:28 PM
poison pool spread too much no where to escape... and the bosses rage 1 hit instantly dead, revive and hit you again dead again....

Using multiple ankhs to revive in arena becoming more and more common...

Zeus
02-02-2015, 08:21 PM
I just ran arena today - it seems fine. Actually, IMO, it's easier than it should be due to the unintentional re-application of 30% armor nerf.

Gorecaster
02-03-2015, 07:17 AM
I ran it last night and was repeatedly getting one shot by stahl nowhere near a red zone. Revive. Dead. Revive. Dead. Revive. Dead.

Tatman
02-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Bosses seem the same difficulty to me. I can say for sure, however, that some environments have been buffed/changed. The purple pools for example can now become so many and stack on top of each other, that sometimes there is simply no escape.

Excuses
02-03-2015, 04:03 PM
I agree with red zone issue that kali pointed out.

To minimize one hit, run with a good tank. Xp
Trust me, it's not gonna slow you down so much but save your ankh. XD
(My friends told me this as I started back to play my tank. Or maybe they are just too nice. XD)

Twix
02-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Now there's about two poison pools that stack. This is very common, sometimes there are even 3 that stack. I'm burning more gold in one run of arena that I can make from selling a breeze. This is unacceptable. Also, even if enraged, the bosses shouldn't be 1hitting. I too have seen an increase in 1 hit kills from boss, even when they are not enraged. Bloodhammer often 1 hits me, same as ferrix(16k damage to me). There's no point in farming arena now. Did 300+ runs in arena with no recipe, while others did 1-2 and looted one. So much for "luck".

regizakirs.rs
02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Maybe Stahl finally got some mythic knives cause he has been doing a lot of one shots lately.

SwekFeg
02-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Haha

Dex Scene
02-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Arena bosses do seem to got a bit buff.

regizakirs.rs
02-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Too me it seems as if Frostnir and Stahl got bumps.

Amokaachi
02-09-2015, 06:00 AM
I just ran arena today - it seems fine. Actually, IMO, it's easier than it should be due to the unintentional re-application of 30% armor nerf.

It's kinda wrong. Did any dev confirm this?

regizakirs.rs
02-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Well I ran the arena with my guildies and we didn't have any trouble so maybe Stahl and Frostnir lost there mythic weapons!

Haligali
02-09-2015, 11:21 AM
The worst thing is, i hate now mushrooms irl too, i loved it earlier so much, but now it disgust me.. :/

Zeus
02-09-2015, 12:08 PM
The worst thing is, i hate now mushrooms irl too, i loved it earlier so much, but now it disgust me.. :/

LOL! I love mushrooms too :3

Serancha
02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
It's kinda wrong. Did any dev confirm this?

I'd like to see confirmation that the armour nerf was ever 30%. The devs, to my knowledge, only ever said the bosses were adjusted to be slightly less difficult. They never stated the % that they changed it, nor did they ever announce that the adjustment was removed. As with most "adjustments", it is not something the devs ever discuss outright.

So how can one state the % of the boss nerf, that it was in fact on the boss armour, that the nerf was ever lifted, let alone mistakenly reapplied? This seems like a suspicious lot of "factual information" for a player to have when none of this was ever announced.