PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet event LB banners.

epicrrr
01-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Ok my concern is this, will that roman numeral of " I " will be removed or alter in the future like what happened on halloween banner 2013? Need to know now as this my and guildmates drive to participate and allocate time in running gauntlet lb?

G-M
01-30-2015, 11:07 AM
What would you prefer to happen with the banner? Are you asking if we'll have a different banner each time we run The Gauntlet?

epicrrr
01-30-2015, 11:28 AM
What would you prefer to happen with the banner? Are you asking if we'll have a different banner each time we run The Gauntlet?

Im just wondering if theres going to be a change in the banner design in the future such as the removal of the roman numeral.

If its going to be a seasonal banner together with the rest of LB banner, its only right that you start with the current season of VI, the roman numeral "I" is a very very rare LB designation in AL so as II, we dont want to tarnish that legacy kept intact for 2-3 years.

Or you can remove the roman numeral designation and just add particle effects; effects as all other shiny things makes people happy. :)

Titanfall
01-30-2015, 11:59 AM
I believe the I is to commemorate that its the first gauntlet event

drgrimmy
01-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes, as one of the few and possibly only player left in game with a banner from season one, I will be a little disappointed that there will be new banners with the Roman Numeral I on them. I am sure people with a season II banner will feel the same when the second gauntlet banner comes out. I also think the season number would be more appropriate, unless you plan on having more than one gauntlet event per season. Alternatively, just use a different symbol... say like one star for the first event, two for the second, etc...

Candylicks
01-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Yes, as one of the few and possibly only player left in game with a banner from season one, I will be a little disappointed that there will be new banners with the Roman Numeral I on them. I am sure people with a season II banner will feel the same when the second gauntlet banner comes out. I also think the season number would be more appropriate, unless you plan on having more than one gauntlet event per season. Alternatively, just use a different symbol... say like one star for the first event, two for the second, etc...

Yup it totally looks like a S1 banner. That's why I said it will be coveted by many for sure. I like the idea of placing a star or symbol on it and then adding another one for future Gauntlet events.

epicrrr
01-30-2015, 12:15 PM
@drgrimmy can you post pics of you wearing season 1 banner?

Limsi
01-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Off topic: I (and I'm sure the s1 and s2 lb winners) can attest that these first set of banners had the best design. I remember raging after they changed them to what they are now

This is an enhanced times run (ultimate survivor) banner

Carapace
01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
This is interesting, and certainly not intentional. The idea was to commemorate that it is the first run of the Gauntlet Event (with more to come in the future). We'll keep an eye on this thread.

drgrimmy
01-30-2015, 12:55 PM
@drgrimmy can you post pics of you wearing season 1 banner?

Of course!

Off topic: I (and I'm sure the s1 and s2 lb winners) can attest that these first set of banners had the best design. I remember raging after they changed them to what they are now

This is an enhanced times run (ultimate survivor) banner

Yeah, I remember being a little disappointed too. I liked the old pve kills banner so much more:

Old:

New:

epicrrr
01-30-2015, 11:21 PM
This is interesting, and certainly not intentional. The idea was to commemorate that it is the first run of the Gauntlet Event (with more to come in the future). We'll keep an eye on this thread.

Mostly roman numeral on banners denotes the season it came from at least till now, well whatever the case since its a free event people will still try and get that banner no matter whats in it.

drgrimmy
01-31-2015, 10:42 AM

Thank you for considering a change. I know it does not seem like a big deal, and it will not affect 99.9% of players in the game, but I think it is perhaps an important detail. In fact it is not something I even really thought of until epicrrr brought it up. Unfortunately, it is small details like this that get overlooked, accumulate, and slowly add to the general discontent of some of the older players in the game.

Kakashis
01-31-2015, 11:21 AM
I guess just keep the romantic number and get a higher number later on!

Astrea
01-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Of course!

Yeah, I remember being a little disappointed too. I liked the old pve kills banner so much more:

Old:

New:

Wow! Getting some ideas from thise banners will worth the run in gauntlet!! So players wont be disappointed from running and wasting there gold from pots!

Energizeric
01-31-2015, 07:42 PM
I agree, just use the current season number.

Visiting
01-31-2015, 09:46 PM
If they were to change the banner from the ORIGINAL design, don't you think the HUNDREDS of players who've been running to get THIS banner would be VERY upset that STS has once again changed something that they've stated what it is to us. (Ex. Bulwark, SNS, Nekro, and others).

Energizeric
01-31-2015, 10:06 PM
If they were to change the banner from the ORIGINAL design, don't you think the HUNDREDS of players who've been running to get THIS banner would be VERY upset that STS has once again changed something that they've stated what it is to us. (Ex. Bulwark, SNS, Nekro, and others).

Not if they only change the number and not the design.

Visiting
01-31-2015, 10:14 PM
Not if they only change the number and not the design.

It's still a change from the original design. Many people, myself included, were running for that sweet looking Roman numeral 1!

epicrrr
01-31-2015, 11:53 PM
It's still a change from the original design. Many people, myself included, were running for that sweet looking Roman numeral 1!

Its very sweet looking the fact that its in " I " and its 1 of 3 number where a single numeral is on them ( I, V, X) this is going to be the easiest way of getting a banner with a roman numeral on them, means its not simple a commemorative thing and that makes it highly a coveted banner.

Earlingstad
02-01-2015, 12:53 AM
I like the current design of the banner and would request Sts to keep it the way it is. The number is part of the design. The banner needs no change. Particles could be added to make it prettier though. It is season 1 of gauntlet so its fair enough to use that number. As it is a "commemorative"' banner, the number is apt to mark the beginning of the Gauntlet.

Vaeriu
02-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Instead of changing the new Gauntlet Banner design and making people angry, why don't we improve the old S1/S2 banners to make them more interesting? (or change banners to make them have a more distinctive feature about each one. Eg: Ctf banners have a ctf flag on it, Tdm banners having the face of trulle, PVE Timed Runs having a clock (a stopwatch will interfere with that Hourglass phoenix banner) etc, I think that'll be more interesting to see :)

Ellysius
02-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Paint it black!

lethaljade
02-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Keep it the way it is its a total different banner and any change would indeed irritate alot of us who are working hard to acquire the banner, this is exactly why I hate the fourms at times In The middle of an event or after we just bought something people who can't afford something or be bothered to work something dont want other people to have the reward, just selfish..... that's like me asking if no banner can be a certain colour cause season this or that is this colour, the banners a great design we all love it, hence why we are all running the event, change the design half way through would be a troll to us all.

Oh and for future gauntlet events the numeral should change and the colour, then we can collect them all, to repeat the same banner wouldn't give us much to strive for :).

epicrrr
02-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Keep it the way it is its a total different banner and any change would indeed irritate alot of us who are working hard to acquire the banner, this is exactly why I hate the fourms at times In The middle of an event or after we just bought something people who can't afford something or be bothered to work something dont want other people to have the reward, just selfish..... that's like me asking if no banner can be a certain colour cause season this or that is this colour, the banners a great design we all love it, hence why we are all running the event, change the design half way through would be a troll to us all.

Oh and for future gauntlet events the numeral should change and the colour, then we can collect them all, to repeat the same banner wouldn't give us much to strive for :).

Its not about that selfish thingy its not even a major issue but aesthetically it might to people who have banners from season 1 or 2, coincidentally this overlaps the banner season numbering. This has come to my attention because of the removal of "XIII" from the halloween event banner after its release and that "I" from gauntlet banner makes it natural to ask if its going to be an additional category to the LB where they put roman numerals.

Also while there arent many active owners of "I" (because s1 banner dont have a designation except time runs *drgrimmmny) and theres about below 20 who actively use "II" banners.

They are the oldest of the old and of "ancient" status IMO we should respect that.

in any case it is not a major issue so ok with anything. :)

drgrimmy
02-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Sigh...

grzena1982
02-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Since this is the first of this type of events the numerical should stay as it is. It has nothing to do with the seasons and i dont really get why some of u may feel the way u do.

Since sts makes desicions based on moans of a few, let me join the ranks, although on the opposite side and tell you this:

Dear Sts,
I happen to be a mature person, who spent on this game a lot of cash and I'm continuously spending, my IGN: KACZALYDKA, and accounts associated. Change this banner, and I will RAGE QUIT this game, inculding other of your titles. My regards.

epicrrr
02-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Since this is the first of this type of events the numerical should stay as it is. It has nothing to do with the seasons and i dont really get why some of u may feel the way u do.

Since sts makes desicions based on moans of a few, let me join the ranks, although on the opposite side and tell you this:

Dear Sts,
I happen to be a mature person, who spent on this game a lot of cash and I'm continuously spending, my IGN: KACZALYDKA, and accounts associated. Change this banner, and I will RAGE QUIT this game, inculding other of your titles. My regards.

With "I" or "VI" roman numerals you will run it regardless, afterall this is your easiest way of getting those banner with a number on them.

Limsi
02-03-2015, 02:36 AM
If we are to follow the logic based on the numerals, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.118725

Personally, I'm fine with any. I just want to see consistency.

grzena1982
02-03-2015, 05:15 AM
With "I" or "VI" roman numerals you will run it regardless, afterall this is your easiest way of getting those banner with a number on them.

Like i stated, i will quit playing and supporting this and other of their games if they change a thing. I took a part in this knowing what the reward was and i expect to receive it if i classify on LB. I want STS to stay consistent across all their announcements, not just this one. I do not care if there is I, IV or anything else, but i care about changing things after the announcement has been made and substantial portion of my time devoted.

I can live with constant nerfs and buffs on weapons and items despite losing millions, yet I cannot live with one or two unhappy, selfish kids affecting what i am about to receive and changing its esthetics.

grzena1982
02-03-2015, 05:26 AM
If we are to follow the logic based on the numeral ls, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.118725

You are confusing 'the event - the fist of this type of events ' with specific avenues available to explore for any given season. This is a perfect example of consistency for u.

epicrrr
02-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Like i stated, i will quit playing and supporting this and other of their games if they change a thing. I took a part in this knowing what the reward was and i expect to receive it if i classify on LB. I want STS to stay consistent across all their announcements, not just this one. I do not care if there is I, IV or anything else, but i care about changing things after the announcement has been made and substantial portion of my time devoted.

I can live with constant nerfs and buffs on weapons and items despite losing millions, yet I cannot live with one or two unhappy, selfish kids affecting what i am about to receive and changing its esthetics.

Hope you dont contradict yourself when they decided to put in a single star marking it the first gauntlet.

grzena1982
02-03-2015, 09:17 AM
If we are to follow the logic based on the numerals, take a look at the Exterminator's Banner from s2. It has the roman rumeral "II" in it denoting which season it was introduced, rather its actual placement in chronological order. This is the first banner for the CTF kills leaderboard.118725

Hope you dont contradict yourself when they decided to put in a single star marking it the first gauntlet.

I actually hope they do not change it cos i will move onto a new game and put the access to my account on sale or give everything away. It may look like its about one tiny banner and a digit, but its not just this. My tolerance level has been streched over time by constant nerfs after i bought smth, buffs after I just finalised the sale or redesigning features after they have been announced (eyes), and as a result making me spend substantial amount of cash for nothing. I can only play a game in which i can trust whats being announced, unless there is a short note attached to it that says 'subject to the revision'. Right now its a matter of principle for me, and if that day comes whem i am forced to share the fruits of my work, rest assured you wont be among those with whom ill share them.

AmiableSin
02-04-2015, 05:11 PM
I agree that the 2015 Gauntlet banner will have the Roman numeral in it. I understand that those from season 1 may be disappointed about but I believe it gives current season players something to hold onto as you guys did in season one, however this is the first of this event. If any suggestions could be considered from my point of view, I would suggest incorporating the event number and the season number on the banner some how, possibly, using the Roman numerals for the year, and the number 1 to accurately state the number of the event.

I hope my opinion isn't offensive to our more seasoned players. =)

epicrrr
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
300 I banner :) Congrats all.

Sigh...

Of course!

I guess you got competition now. :banana:

Energizeric
02-05-2015, 04:21 PM

So basically you are saying that you participated in this event primarily so you could get a banner that would make it appear to others like you are one of the few people who won a banner in season 1.

Energizeric
02-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Here's an idea.... How about instead of a roman numeral 1, banners for events like this could say "1st", "2nd", "3rd", etc. At least then they would not be confused with seasonal banners as they would have their own numbering system.

epicrrr
02-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Here's an idea.... How about instead of a roman numeral 1, banners for events like this could say "1st", "2nd", "3rd", etc. At least then they would not be confused with seasonal banners as they would have their own numbering system.

Anything that will deviate the current gauntlet from the I, II, III ... are very much welcome. In all Honesty like all event banner this shouldnt even have number but hey it is what it is.

So basically you are saying that you participated in this event primarily so you could get a banner that would make it appear to others like you are one of the few people who won a banner in season 1.

Diff perspective speaking; it is a subtle thought as to why there might be a confusion.

Petrichor
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM
I personally have some season 1 banners and it would not bother me if you put the roman numeral for 1 on them. It's a different event and the banners do not even look remotely similar. I don't know. I just do not think it's a big deal. :confused:

Like, I was upset when they changed in season 2 how instead of the top 1 getting a banner, everyone who was in top 25 got a banner. I worked hard to get it and stay at number 1, but they changed it. However, I got over it and couldn't say I care now lol. I think it's a nice way to commemorate the start of a new event!

toxorto
02-06-2015, 10:05 AM
I personally have some season 1 banners and it would not bother me if you put the roman numeral for 1 on them. It's a different event and the banners do not even look remotely similar. Therefore, I don't think they could get confused. I don't know. I just do not think it's a big deal. :confused:
+1..

Bunny♥
02-06-2015, 12:55 PM
well, remi confirmed in CB that they wont change the banner. I like how it was designed, it should remain as it is :)