PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate those little movie clips as much as me?

Jirsted
03-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Those little one second clips that happen when you approach a boss, or sometimes just a random enemy (why is that?). They're short, but they take camera control away and hide all your spell buttons while they play.

I just died in stage 5 of Oasis II because I ran in to the boss room rambo-style ahead of everyone else while juiced up on trash can punch. I could've handled them until my team showed up 2 seconds later with strategic use of heals, mana shield, and mana pots. However, I didn't have the chance to because by the time my spell buttons came back I was dead.

I understand that the devs want to show off their fancy artwork by zooming up close on the bosses, especially because most people probably play with the game zoomed as far out as possible and never pay much attention to the character models. However, after having the camera controls ripped away from me for the 100th time in a row while running Oasis II, I'm less impressed with the character models and more annoyed with the lack of an option to disable this feature.

Oh, and why doesn't the earn free platinum button work on android?

Keohike
03-04-2011, 08:35 PM
i hate it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Major
03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
It's cool......the first time but after that it is annoying. It should go away immediately once you tap the screen. We just don't have the patience lol

Bonniewinters
03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
You can disable it. It's the second options page

Militaryman
03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Lol I don't have this problem... I memorized where each spell is on the grid

xuz
03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
hahahahahaha it was awesome at the start but has gotten me killed soooo many times
I personally think it adds a cool touch to the scenary

Jirsted
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah I agree with you guys. I was really impressed with the graphics the first few times but after awhile it gets annoying.

@Bonniewinters: what is the option called? I looked on both pages but I didn't see anything that sounded like it'd solve my problem.

adwin
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I already posted about this issue, and @Major, you're wrong, they don't go away when u touch the screen.

I also noticed that the animation occurs even if you join the instance AFTER the boss fight has begun.
Hacking blindly at the screen hoping to get a hit doesn't prevent you from getting hit (for example while rushing - doing a speed run - in the hideout)

Major
03-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I already posted about this issue, and @Major, you're wrong, they don't go away when u touch the screen.

I also noticed that the animation occurs even if you join the instance AFTER the boss fight has begun.
Hacking blindly at the screen hoping to get a hit doesn't prevent you from getting hit (for example while rushing - doing a speed run - in the hideout)

How am I wrong I made a suggestion lol

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
lol it can be disabled under options......................................... disable effects

Kossi
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
...................... typo

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 08:48 PM
http://http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?21705-adwin

fail :p
oooooooo white text!

adwin
03-04-2011, 08:57 PM
How am I wrong I made a suggestion lol

It should go away immediately once you tap the screen.

IMO, that's a statement, not a suggestion, but that's beside the issue. ;]

Jirsted
03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
lol it can be disabled under options......................................... disable effects

Thanks, I'll try that next time I'm playing.

I assumed that disable effects was to disable the fancy spell effects to make the game run better on older phones, so I didn't try it in my search to disable the boss animations.

Oh and also...

I interpreted that as a suggestion, if my vote counts. :p

Although I can see how someone could interpret it as a statement.

Major
03-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Lol well if you read the whole thing rather than that one sentence it looks more like a suggestion lol

RedRyder
03-04-2011, 09:29 PM

he didnt say it will, thus making it a suggestion

noobmigo
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I like watching myself blow the little aliens out of the water.

Major
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM
he didnt say it will, thus making it a suggestion

Thank you RedRyder!