PDA

View Full Version : [BUG/SUGGESTION] aim -> out of range

adwin
03-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Case study:
You select a target, or auto-aim does it for you, BUT, the target moves away from you, AND ultimately, out of your weapon's range.
The aim should disengage once the target moves out of the weapon range, but such is not the case. The aim holds on for a while. You CAN fire, you just aren't dealing damage. All the while, closer mob is dealing damage to YOU.
This should be corrected.

I posted something along these lines in a previous auto-aim thread, but didn't mention the part I just wrote about.

KingFu
03-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Usually when you get out of a certain radius from the target, it disables targetting. If it doesn't you can always click on your character in the middle to not be targeting anyone.

adwin
03-05-2011, 03:39 AM
You're absolutely right, but I was merely making a point about a feature.
Since it's one, it should be working properly, or not be present at all.
While this is not a problem when the mob in dispersed, this is quite an issue when you're swapping a tightly packed area of goblins (fast moving AND the fire goblins pack some punch) and fire traps as well. It's inefficient to check all the time whether you're in range or not, despite your aim being pointed.

KingFu
03-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Ya, I liked the idea. Was just giving a an option until/if this is implemented. I agree with you on the mob part, since it tends to happen to me with my archer or tank (not to much with mage due to aoe staff)

Fyrce
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
It shouldn't lose target just because its out of range or melee players will constantly lose target, especially on mobs that move back. However, the target line seems to be really distant, so maybe about room size (12m)? Not sure though. Some of the move-back mobs move back A LOT.

Bears will be saying devs hate bears (again) :P

Royce
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah, out of range an lose target is a bad idea for melee characters. I have no problem with the way it currently works. I'm generally opposed to most "smarter" targeting and other sorts of automation suggestions. You have little enough to do as is with autotarget/autofire, the game shouldn't just play itslelf. Tap yourself if your target goes out of range.

adwin
03-05-2011, 08:34 PM
You misinterpreted. IMO, the problem is with the feature not working adequately.

Royce
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
You misinterpreted. IMO, the problem is with the feature not working adequately.

If you're saying aim should automatically disengage when your target is put of weapon range, I flatly disagree. Melee characters need to be able to hold a target that may be bumping in and out of their weapon range, and Str birds and elves use skills on targets that are far out of their weapon range frequently. If that is not what you are saying, please clarify.

Pharcyde
03-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I see what adwin is saying, I even posted a suggestion about this a while ago.

When your locked onto a target and auto attacking, once the target is out of range, you stop attacking at all and don't move towards your target. This is a huge pain when your lagging or casting spells.

adwin
03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I see what adwin is saying, I even posted a suggestion about this a while ago.

When your locked onto a target and auto attacking, once the target is out of range, you stop attacking at all and don't move towards your target. This is a huge pain when your lagging or casting spells.

Yes, and even though the target is out of your weapon's range, you are still locked onto it (if you use the target line, you can see it).
The effect? You THINK you're hacking some mob, but you're doing nothing, all the while being quite defenseless against the onslaught of surrounding mob.
Have you tried doing roach motel on solo or duo (archers only)? There are 2 places where there's a high concentration of both fire throwing goblins and fire traps.
1 false move there, and you're gone. You can of course, equip some defense stuff (drainer armor for instance), but wouldn't that be besides the point for archers?

Frenzyn
03-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Case study:
You select a target, or auto-aim does it for you, BUT, the target moves away from you, AND ultimately, out of your weapon's range.
The aim should disengage once the target moves out of the weapon range, but such is not the case. The aim holds on for a while. You CAN fire, you just aren't dealing damage. All the while, closer mob is dealing damage to YOU.
This should be corrected.

I posted something along these lines in a previous auto-aim thread, but didn't mention the part I just wrote about.

Tbh, i think they did this purposely, and if you know how scripting and coding works, like i do
when you press a button it sends out 1 signal. only 1, then you have to do it again for another unless that signal is to a timer.
When you press it, it sends 1, and done.
to fix this error they would pretty much have to make a timer that would have its own ping.
the timer would say... every 1/1000 second it checks if your still connected but out of range.
if they added this timer, it would lag incredibly because it would be checking every couple of milaseconds.
They could make a timer with a ping of 3 seconds, but it would still lag even when your not attacking, because its a continuous.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but i'd far rather having less lag than more.
and this doesn't really affect me in the slightest, so i'm not to concerned.

adwin
03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
@Frenzyn: you are right about the timer, but I think it would be feasable if it were on the 500ms-1000ms range.
That would have to be tested.

Well, there I go, merrily hacking, or at least, thinking that I'm hacking at the mob, but hey, they're not dying. I'm just getting aggrod.
What's the matter? Duh, some artifact hijacked the aim...
Here are some ss to illustrate:

http://i53.tinypic.com/243kr3s.png
http://i51.tinypic.com/53jw5l.png

IMO, chests, barrels, traps should not hijack target unless these are specifically clicked on.

Tamino
03-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Usually when you get out of a certain radius from the target, it disables targetting. If it doesn't you can always click on your character in the middle to not be targeting anyone.

OMG, I reached lev 52 without knowning this "cancel" option !! How stupid I can be :o. Ty for the suggestion !!!!

Yvonnel
03-11-2011, 09:15 AM
All you have to do is look at the attack button. If it doesnt say auto your not hitting anything. When my target starts moving away from me I change targets manually anyway so that I can pick out the one to best support what the group is doing.

The targeting on the floor like the pics above should definitly be fixed though.

adwin
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
This was already discussed:
Have you tried manually changing your target every time you're moving, AND while being surrounded by fire goblins?
For example, swill pitz or roach. Every few seconds, the fire trap regenerates, thereby hijacking your target. There's usually more than 1 fire goblin in a group.
Sure, on a tablet this might be easier, but on the "small" (4.3 inch) screen of a phone, this isn't really feasable with 100% accuracy, each time.

Lizardfeather
03-12-2011, 10:20 PM
You can actually kill the floor. In swamps, it explodes. I have a pic but I can't post it right now :P