PDA

View Full Version : A method to control our weapon proc

Kakashis
02-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Yes it's great that most items have their own procs, but it would be really nice to be able to control our weapon's ability on demand to add skill factor rather than luck alone. I would rather have one properly timed and controlled proc than a few randomized ones.

I propose a weapon proc bar that slowly goes up as you use your normal attack. Once full, you can activate it by charging your normal attack, or by hitting a new "super" button. To be fair, should you proc while the super is full and ready, it goes back to 0. At least we would be able to keep our supers charged by avoiding using normal attack and prevent multiple chained events.

Madnex
02-01-2015, 12:52 PM
There's a ton of useless procs that are almost useful when they proc multiple times in a short time (also some of their effects, duration and potency are designed with another factor in mind; how many can be active at once -- this system has no place for procs that were made able to stack like this). Even if that bar adjusted how fast it was filling up based on how powerful the proc is, I don't really see it working from a work-needed vs usefulness perspective. So I can know when the bush proc is coming! Aw hell yeah, I am totally jacked now!

Plus if it was charged by hitting the air, powerful procs from weapons like mythic daggers and maul would be OP since everyone would be hiding around charging them first since their procs can greatly affect the outcome of any fight. The only way I see a reasonable increase in proc rate is through proc gems which will sacrifice damage and HP for that extra chance and still keep the heart of the proc the same; a random occurrence.

Schnitzel
02-01-2015, 04:33 PM
I like this idea

(I have a planar staff, the proc most of the time only procs after i've killed all the enemies)

Yumisa
02-01-2015, 05:03 PM
This is a good idea, however..Some procs can be activated 2 times at the same time. How would that work with your new system?

Wutzgood
02-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Certain weapons always proc when charged. As much as I like the idea certain weapons are chance and others are when charged. Doubt they would overhaul the while proc system.