View Full Version : Thinking Out Loud

Trollish
02-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey guys, I'll try and speak english here, its tough for me as I live under a bridge eating stolen peanut butter sandwitches.

After browsing the forums for a few days, I think I have a basic understanding of the personality of AL's community.

As a former devout PL player, I now realize that the two communities behave quite differently.

In PL, updates were about as rare as bannana bows. We jumped at news of a winter event, despite the fact that it was the exact same one as the previous two winter events. STS gives us a one level expansion thats simply recycled content with different color sparkles on the sets, and PLs loyal players go absolutely berserk. Class balancing, bug fixes, and free "blah" weekends drove us jumping with joy.

If I have noticed one thing here in AL, its that, and excuse my harsh wording, this community is infested with spoiled brats. "oh no, my banner doesnt go well with my gear," "this event is boring and dull, give us a real one, " "sts, im gonna kill myself, theres a slight discoloration on the left butt cheeck of my pet fluffycorn." Its all absurd.

You all need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you don't.

thx.

GinjaNinja
02-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Lmao, thank you for posting this xD

Zeus
02-01-2015, 02:33 PM
The game is still running while other MMOs get shut down. Heck, a more drastic comparison: people in third world countries face poverty issues while we are complaining about a game no longer being updated. Perhaps you too need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you do not.

NotYoCookiez
02-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeah... plus if we never complain, how would sts know what we want? If they don't have stuff we want then they aren't getting our money/popularity

Candylicks
02-01-2015, 07:13 PM
They don't make enough pink and purple and rainbow items. I wish that this would be fixed.

Trollish
02-01-2015, 08:34 PM
The game is still running while other MMOs get shut down. Heck, a more drastic comparison: people in third world countries face poverty issues while we are complaining about a game no longer being updated. Perhaps you too need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you do not.

^^^

Kingofninjas
02-01-2015, 08:41 PM

This ^^^. Made me think about our home and how many homeless and starving people are there. Made me call home and ask my parents to give some food to next beggar they see. Thank you for this.

Trollish
02-02-2015, 08:12 AM
They don't make enough pink and purple and rainbow items. I wish that this would be fixed.

"the drop rate for the ancient druid nipple amulets is too low. fml"

CouchPass
02-02-2015, 07:41 PM
"the drop rate for the ancient druid nipple amulets is too low. fml"

People are spending their money on this game when they could be donating it. Lol I don't even know if people realize that. Those people, they would rather get a really cool, good weapon on a game they will probably play for less than 3 years then feed a family for a day. What makes it even weirder is the fact that a month later, they will probably spend more money to get a weapon with 5 more damage. I'm not saying that those people are stupid, just think about how your spending stuff, and what you could be doing with it. Spend your money wisely my fellow jedi.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Pirate Captain
02-04-2015, 12:04 PM
I think he's saying we complain too much not that we ask for more than sts can handle. There a difference between "sts can you please look into this" and "OMG sts what were you thinking!"

epicrrr
02-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Well, your browsing of AL Forum for a few days cant sum up the game and players personality. This interaction is pretty healthy as to why AL is the biggest money maker out of all Legends series.

Transfordark
02-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Well said ^^^. Your absolutely right I mean look at us what have we become? We're just complaining about a game while many people are just trying to stay alive ;(
I'm not saying that you should quit this game or something but just think about this for a second. At least you'll feel a bit of humanity in the inside.

goldmarket
02-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, I'll try and speak english here, its tough for me as I live under a bridge eating stolen peanut butter sandwitches.

After browsing the forums for a few days, I think I have a basic understanding of the personality of AL's community.

As a former devout PL player, I now realize that the two communities behave quite differently.

In PL, updates were about as rare as bannana bows. We jumped at news of a winter event, despite the fact that it was the exact same one as the previous two winter events. STS gives us a one level expansion thats simply recycled content with different color sparkles on the sets, and PLs loyal players go absolutely berserk. Class balancing, bug fixes, and free "blah" weekends drove us jumping with joy.

If I have noticed one thing here in AL, its that, and excuse my harsh wording, this community is infested with spoiled brats. "oh no, my banner doesnt go well with my gear," "this event is boring and dull, give us a real one, " "sts, im gonna kill myself, theres a slight discoloration on the left butt cheeck of my pet fluffycorn." Its all absurd.

You all need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you don't.

thx.

so much laugh lol,

Fauksuras
02-04-2015, 02:58 PM
LOL too funny

Stelo
02-05-2015, 05:53 AM
People are spending their money on this game when they could be donating it. Lol I don't even know if people realize that. Those people, they would rather get a really cool, good weapon on a game they will probably play for less than 3 years then feed a family for a day. What makes it even weirder is the fact that a month later, they will probably spend more money to get a weapon with 5 more damage. I'm not saying that those people are stupid, just think about how your spending stuff, and what you could be doing with it. Spend your money wisely my fellow jedi.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Hey, I like having intellectual conversations so I'd like to input my POV on this. Please don't take anything I say as offensive. When you say that people could be donating their money instead of using it for the game, an easy counter-example for that is instead of saving up your gold for something expensive, why don't you just donate it to the noobs? You can't help everyone, but I guess you can help a select few. Also, the only people who'd find some satisfaction out of doing these types of things are the ones who are selfless, feeling sympathy, and/or gain some sort of happiness from helping people. As for the people that spend their money, I think they should be fine with spending it for anything they want. Regardless of whether it will be spent for your own selfish desire or to a more productive purpose. They spend money on the game because they want to, they can, and/or it holds more importance to them. Of course you could say "it's just a game", but that's the thing. This "game" holds value to others more than most.

Rx8
02-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Hey, I like having intellectual conversations so I'd like to input my POV on this. Please don't take anything I say as offensive. When you say that people could be donating their money instead of using it for the game, an easy counter-example for that is instead of saving up your gold for something expensive, why don't you just donate it to the noobs? You can't help everyone, but I guess you can help a select few. Also, the only people who'd find some satisfaction out of doing these types of things are the ones who are selfless, feeling sympathy, and/or gain some sort of happiness from helping people. As for the people that spend their money, I think they should be fine with spending it for anything they want. Regardless of whether it will be spent for your own selfish desire or to a more productive purpose. They spend money on the game because they want to, they can, and/or it holds more importance to them. Of course you could say "it's just a game", but that's the thing. This "game" holds value to others more than most.

*Takes the response in an offensive way*

BRAG U SUCK LOL! xD