PDA

View Full Version : Don't play many time a game...

cami
02-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Because this can to be the next big problem for you...

My sister has 10 years old and she has myopia all this because she played many time with his tablet. She never hears me and this make me a pain in my hearth. Now she uses glasses every time and she does not want to out because she feels shame.

This is a example:

cami
02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Sts like a big Game's network must to do warnings of the use of a game!

Imsofancy
02-02-2015, 04:00 PM
soooooo nearsightedness? Nothing to be ashamed of, don't give a damn what others think about you.

ClumsyCactus
02-02-2015, 04:05 PM
soooooo nearsightedness? Nothing to be ashamed of, don't give a damn what others think about you.

Is nearsightedness when you cant see close to you or when you cant see far?
Cuz i cant see far away, and computer screens makes it worse they say, but i dont give a POOP because i look hot ASF in glasses and like it Only worsens by a TINY bit so Who cares lol #THANKIFYOUCRIEVERYTIEM #IHAZSUCHPROBLEM

Remarked
02-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Could of posted this in the off topic section..

Serancha
02-02-2015, 04:11 PM
All it means is she needs glasses. If I recall, I was 10 years old when I first got glasses for nearsightedness, and that had nothing to do with playing games. Tablets weren't even invented yet.

You can't blame gaming for a naturally occurring condition that affects a huge percentage of the population. Besides which, at 10 years old, no child should be spending hours a day looking at a screen and playing games. Where are the parents?

Myopia Symptoms and Signs

If you are nearsighted, you typically will have difficulty reading road signs and seeing distant objects clearly, but will be able to see well for close-up tasks such as reading and computer use.

What Causes Myopia?

Myopia occurs when the eyeball is too long, relative to the focusing power of the cornea and lens of the eye. This causes light rays to focus at a point in front of the retina, rather than directly on its surface.

Nearsightedness also can be caused by the cornea and/or lens being too curved for the length of the eyeball. In some cases, myopia is due to a combination of these factors.

As you see, this is a condition caused by the body's design, not something that can be acquired by playing games.

Opry
02-02-2015, 04:16 PM
lasik

cami
02-02-2015, 04:24 PM
All it means is she needs glasses. If I recall, I was 10 years old when I first got glasses for nearsightedness, and that had nothing to do with playing games. Tablets weren't even invented yet.

You can't blame gaming for a naturally occurring condition that affects a huge percentage of the population. Besides which, at 10 years old, no child should be spending hours a day looking at a screen and playing games. Where are the parents?

As you see, this is a condition caused by the body's design, not something that can be acquired by playing games.

Well our doctor says us that she is myope because she played very close to the tablet :/

Trollish
02-02-2015, 05:41 PM
lol. sell the dam ipad and get some glasses.
and idk what version your using but that is some rly bad google translate

Overweightank
02-02-2015, 05:45 PM

Dude. maybe he cant speak enlglish very well. Dont be mean.

Xenobiotic
02-02-2015, 06:12 PM

He might not have English as his first language.

Trollish
02-02-2015, 08:58 PM
lol, I would feel sympathy, but 1 its the nternet wheres da proof, 2 hes trying to blame STS for his sisters eyesight issues. lol

Overweightank
02-02-2015, 11:16 PM
lol, I would feel sympathy, but 1 its the nternet wheres da proof, 2 hes trying to blame STS for his sisters eyesight issues. lol

Actually... For the first time ever.. Trollish is right.. lol. But still. be nice! XD

Trollish
02-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Actually... For the first time ever.. Trollish is right.. lol. But still. be nice! XD
trollish alweys rite nerd.

i steal peanut butter sandwiches from little girls

Arachnophobik
02-03-2015, 12:11 AM
I think i may be suffering from this too. A lot of times, my vision is blurred after playing al. I dont have glasses tho, ain't nobody got time fo dat. And there are timed where i hear my phone ringing even tho it isnt.

Zeus
02-03-2015, 12:17 AM

Careful, trolling may have been tolerated in PL forums because the game was not cared for that well but the moderators usually go heavy on the trollish-cide on this part of the forums.

Trollish
02-03-2015, 12:22 AM
lol thats callesd playing a game way too much

Zeus
02-03-2015, 12:25 AM
lol thats callesd playing a game way too much

Please don't bring a negative atmosphere into our forums, thanks! :)

Trollish
02-03-2015, 12:27 AM
and yea, went and checlked some of his recent posts, he can speak perfect english. this is nothinh like his other posts.
#Bulls%@tconfirmed

Trollish
02-03-2015, 12:37 AM
for the sole reason that i respect you, ill try zeus.

but really. my mum used to say ask a stupid question and youll get a stupid answer

Rx8
02-03-2015, 03:00 AM

Usually myopia can be caused by doing or a work which consists of close eye contact. Even a close range reading affects the eyes focus muscles thereby shortening its capabilities of adjusting the long range distance reading of the eyes. Mybmom and dad have myopia. My mother got it as she loves alot of books and usually closely read it. Also reading in the dim light as well as affects the eyes. My dad got it due to closely reading emails on his I4 S.

And if anyone who plays for hours i recommend - in fact it is recommended to take a 15min break every hour of doing any activities like gaming,t.v etc.

gumball3000
02-03-2015, 03:31 AM
You can't get myopia from looking at a screen, you are born with it and it develops over time. Playing games or watching tv doesn't hurt your eyes.

Rx8
02-03-2015, 03:35 AM
You can't get myopia from looking at a screen, you are born with it and it develops over time. Playing games or watching tv doesn't hurt your eyes.

Do me a favor. play AL or some other game for 5 days for more than 12hours no break. Then post hete n GG

Castellann
02-03-2015, 03:39 AM
Well our doctor says us that she is myope because she played very close to the tablet :/

It is problem of ur parents, bc they allowed their child to play so much time. Its not a dev's problem. I play al much time and have no any problems with my sight.

Serancha
02-03-2015, 03:41 AM
Usually myopia can be caused by doing or a work which consists of close eye contact. Even a close range reading affects the eyes focus muscles thereby shortening its capabilities of adjusting the long range distance reading of the eyes. Mybmom and dad have myopia. My mother got it as she loves alot of books and usually closely read it. Also reading in the dim light as well as affects the eyes. My dad got it due to closely reading emails on his I4 S.

And if anyone who plays for hours i recommend - in fact it is recommended to take a 15min break every hour of doing any activities like gaming,t.v etc.

Since there are no doctors present, let's assume this is the case. However, the person in question is 10 years old - an age where it should be impossible for someone to be so obsessive that they do any one thing enough to cause permenant damage.

If this did happen to a 10 year old, it is the parents who are fully to blame for allowing a child to play on a screen for hours a day, not the company who makes a video game. This game does not even allow children to play, as per the terms of service.

People are more at risk of repetitive strain or carpal tunnel syndrome than they are of damaging their eyes. I developed permanent RSI at the age of 17 and had to give up a full university scholarship because of it. That was nothing to do with video games, but is an example that if you do anything too much, you can hurt yourself.

The advice of a 15-20 minute break for each hour of doing any repetitive task is medically sound, but is mostly for preventing or postponing physical damage.

nevercan
02-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Do me a favor. play AL or some other game for 5 days for more than 12hours no break. Then post hete n GG
If you that you are serius addicet and you need help.

Rx8
02-03-2015, 06:15 AM
If you that you are serius addicet and you need help.

Excuse me, this was a ridiculous post. Read the person's quote to which i actually replied. Maybe you need more consultation than i do. I dont need help, my eyes are totally fine 20/20 was my test last week ago. Want me to send you scan copy of my report then? what i was doing was telling gumball300.

--Is that what he was saying was about the Genetic myopia, Those were obtained in-cases where both the parents or a single parent, if a single parent then that would mostly depend on the child's gender + the behavior. On the other hand, the current case of Cami's sister was that she had unbelievable liberty which was her parents fault, and ultimately she ended up with a disturbed vision. There are other ways like playing games for longer hours with no break with close/normal contact can also affect your eye vision. I only play AL whenever i am bored of programming, you can also PM Stelo. Even the game's ToS had mentioned that this game may as well not be for children, As also mentioned by Serancha above.

Also most of the time, games are meant for your entertainment, they are like giving you a break.

nevercan
02-03-2015, 06:24 AM
Excuse me, this was a ridiculous post. Read the person's quote to which i actually replied. Maybe you need more consultation than i do. I dont need help, my eyes are totally fine 20/20 was my test last week ago. Want me to send you scan copy of my report then? what i was doing was telling gumball300.
anyway playing a game so long is never healthy even if you ask him to do and someone did about this post bla bla bla i dont get it but bla you are addicted if you play so long.

Rx8
02-03-2015, 06:33 AM
anyway playing a game so long is never healthy even if you ask him to do and someone did about this post bla bla bla i dont get it but bla you are addicted if you play so long.

SIGH, looks like your locked-on. And if you cant understand me, google translate exists at the bottom of this page. Use it.

vawaid
02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I got myopi not because of gaming dude, I read books, many books, in minimum light place. That's how I get myopi.

And also, myopi is genetic 'illness'.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

ClumsyCactus
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
SO after asking the ACTUAL DOCTOR i have, atleast in my case i heard that my dad has so bad eyes that i got it from him. (He is basically blind lol) and i got it from him.
So basically, according to my eye-DOCTOR or whatever those guys that does sight-checks are called.
its inherited, but can worsen, mainly by growing (wich is propably a 10-year Olds case) and not alot,but not having alot of light and staring at screens will not make it better at ALL, because of the eyes being tired, wich will not cause permanent damage,Only worsening for a short while, unless its Done DAILY for long time periods.

Slant
02-03-2015, 12:06 PM
play at the plate , but do not affect the long front of everyone. It can not be myopia .

Huskybird
02-03-2015, 12:27 PM
True.

CAK Vader
02-03-2015, 06:49 PM
You know, anyone who can play AL for even 12 hours straight, has problems.

Booked
02-03-2015, 08:42 PM
I appreciate what are you trying to do, but i have been playing any kind of videogames since i was little and i have gone ti do some check ups about my sight and i have a quite good sight, myopia is an illness cause my genes or some other stuff, playing a lot with your devices real close can make your eyes fatige a lot not myopia.

angeldawn
02-04-2015, 09:34 AM
You need to be 13 to play PL. Your parents should be watching her better and knowing what she is playing and for how long she is playing.

She also was prob playing the iPad close to her face CUZ SHE COULDNT SEE!!!

CAK Vader
02-04-2015, 01:01 PM
You need to be 13 to play PL. Your parents should be watching her better and knowing what she is playing and for how long she is playing.

And it's 17+ for DL lol...

Armourslash
02-04-2015, 03:08 PM

Thats what I do.

Armourslash
02-04-2015, 03:08 PM

I see people younger than 13 playing and they just get criticized by older players.

CAK Vader
02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
I see people younger than 13 playing and they just get criticized by older players.

I'm one of the criticizers, honestly. Lel...

Motivating
02-05-2015, 02:42 PM
all this because she played many time with his tablet

Cavoc
02-05-2015, 04:08 PM
You know, anyone who can play AL for even 12 hours straight, has problems.

I have trouble playing it for 3 seconds

Ssneakykills
02-05-2015, 06:00 PM
I remember someone saying I'd get square eyes from watching the television too closely lol