PDA

View Full Version : Class balance? Or You are not playing your class right?

epicrrr
02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Most cry for a buff because they keep forgetting the positive side of the class they chose or they are playing it wrong and sorcs and warriors trying to be like rogue etc etc.

Some of my endgame and pvp level 13 friends remind and shows me of how a properly executed gameplay, attitude and class mastery has affected numerous scenario.

It really is a matter of how you choose to play your class. Mage trying to act like rog or warrior trying to be.. and rog to this or that.. will have a disastrous result and only causes frustration while it can be good sometimes but its like looking at a cupcake when it is near a premium grade cake.

Trollish
02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Sorry, but skill can only get you so far. If I were amazing at driving, that doesn't mean I could win a nascar championship driving a used smart-car.

Although, there are a lot out there complaining just for the sake of complaining, so in that sense, your right.

epicrrr
02-06-2015, 09:53 PM
The issue here is that rogues are capable of tanking the current elite maps. Moreover, because the mobs are so easy for them, they're just standing in place, attacking and killing the mobs as fast or better than mages. Therefore, there is no need for any other class and we end up with mostly runs of 4 rogues

This is purely circumstantial and vary by guild, circle of friends and personal preference etc, this is where the game have limited control over.

Best way to limit stacking of a certain class will be the introduction of party buffs; where when you get all 3 class in a party the party leader will have to choose 1 of the buff bonus for the certain run/map: 10% damage, 10%exp, 10% speed, 10% armor, 10% mana or 10% hp. This will kinda push people to run and organize party where theres only 2 of the same class.

And the skill update will play a crucial role in future expansions, as the value of stats gets higher endgame stats makes skills overly boosted.

siddhant
02-06-2015, 11:09 PM
This is purely circumstantial and vary by guild, circle of friends and personal preference etc, this is where the game have limited control over.

Best way to limit stacking of a certain class will be the introduction of party buffs; where when you get all 3 class in a party the party leader will have to choose 1 of the buff bonus for the certain run/map: 10% damage, 10%exp, 10% speed, 10% armor, 10% mana or 10% hp. This will kinda push people to run and organize party where theres only 2 of the same class.

And the skill update will play a crucial role in future expansions, as the value of stats gets higher endgame stats makes skills overly boosted.
If sumthing like this doesnt happen u will see mages just get extinct in pvp i am already having a hard time thinking of a sub mage in the twink pvp tournament

Serancha
02-06-2015, 11:41 PM
The issue here is that rogues are capable of tanking the current elite maps. Moreover, because the mobs are so easy for them, they're just standing in place, attacking and killing the mobs as fast or better than mages. Therefore, there is no need for any other class and we end up with mostly runs of 4 rogues

Rogues are only actually better at killing bosses. Mages can wipe the mobs in any map way faster without even getting damaged. The problem when it comes to timed elite runs is that they cannot match rogues for speed-killing bosses. The extra time mages need to kill a boss is greater than the time they gain in the mob department, which is where people get the idea that rogues are "better". Ultimately they are not single-target hitters, so they fail at the end of the run.

Transfordark
02-07-2015, 01:52 AM
What more do you rogues want? Your the strongest class in AL and still blame us for not being strong or not being able to handle our class.

siddhant
02-07-2015, 02:19 AM
What more do you rogues want? Your the strongest class in AL and still blame us for not being strong or not being able to handle our class.
This

epicrrr
02-07-2015, 02:30 AM

The thread was very far from blaming - where did that came from? Its to point out that character class has their role to play and to put it simply giving warrior and sorc that 250% crit damage an +10% crit chance each attack(aimshot) is not the answer to all balance whine; maybe the skill update weve been waiting will change all that.

nevercan
02-07-2015, 07:37 AM
1 shot mages is clas balance

Thats new to me.

Item
02-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Most cry for a buff because they keep forgetting the positive side of the class they chose or they are playing it wrong and sorcs and warriors trying to be like rogue etc etc.

Some of my endgame and pvp level 13 friends remind and shows me of how a properly executed gameplay, attitude and class mastery has affected numerous scenario.

It really is a matter of how you choose to play your class. Mage trying to act like rog or warrior trying to be.. and rog to this or that.. will have a disastrous result and only causes frustration while it can be good sometimes but its like looking at a cupcake when it is near a premium grade cake.

Hahaha, your a level 13 rogue with max gear.

I suggest you take a warrior and mage to 41 and certain twink brackets, especially mage.

But Yeh, it's skill...mage can own a rogue in Pvp easy if they use 5skills or go all out damage.
Warrior needs to stun rogues to stand a chance...

obee
02-07-2015, 08:51 AM

Maybe it's because people don't play the game right. I mean if people actually played Capture the Flag, mages would love the way things are. But apparently STS doesn't want people playing CTF because of the LB and AP's.

epicrrr
02-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Maybe it's because people don't play the game right. I mean if people actually played Capture the Flag, mages would love the way things are. But apparently STS doesn't want people playing CTF because of the LB and AP's.

Maybe this might encourage player.

But to play captured the flag as in get flag and try to score while the opposing team will do the same has to start somewhere, I reckon spot blocking came from low level pvp then moved their way to the top. So a movement has to start somewhere, like a domino effect with a huge chace from endgame -> low level brackets.

Thats new to me.

Honestly speaking what if STS put a skill like aimshot to sorcs and warrior; would that make you feel that theres class balance?

__

All this class balance rally is from that skill aimshot.

nevercan
02-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Maybe this might encourage player.

But to play captured the flag as in get flag and try to score while the opposing team will do the same has to start somewhere, I reckon spot blocking came from low level pvp then moved their way to the top. So a movement has to start somewhere, like a domino effect with a huge chace from endgame -> low level brackets.

Honestly speaking what if STS put a skill like aimshot to sorcs and warrior; would that make you feel that theres class balance?

__

All this class balance rally is from that skill aimshot.
I never sed mages and tanks shoud get aimedshot
Just nerf rouges crit on endlvl,armor and hp.

Kriticality
02-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I actually think that tanks are worse off at end game PVE than mages are at end game PVP. There are plenty of OP mages that can and do smash rogues at end game but 0 tanks that I know of that can replace a rogue in a full rogue PVE party and have it be as fast.

Eski
02-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Rogues are only actually better at killing bosses. Mages can wipe the mobs in any map way faster without even getting damaged. The problem when it comes to timed elite runs is that they cannot match rogues for speed-killing bosses. The extra time mages need to kill a boss is greater than the time they gain in the mob department, which is where people get the idea that rogues are "better". Ultimately they are not single-target hitters, so they fail at the end of the run.

Rogues kill faster.. no matter mobs or bosses..

Dex Scene
02-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Thats new to me.
Rogue can one shot rogues. Rogues cant one shot shield mages.
Although I do believe mages need a slight buff but mages are not weak.

Dex Scene
02-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Mages have aoe which make them able to clear mobs faster.
mages are the king of clearing mobs. They do it faster than any class.

nevercan
02-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Maps with hard mobs a long map but not many mobs in a place? Thats with 4 rouges olmost the same idea as killing a bos much faster then 1-2 mages in the team.

Serancha
02-07-2015, 06:06 PM

I play both and have tested extensively. I stand by my statement.

Bellaelda
02-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Check out timed lbs... Sry but rogues rule them all

Alhuntrazeck
02-07-2015, 08:48 PM
[PvP POV, endgame]

Rogues have pretty much way more advantages than mages when it comes to CTF or TDM. In TDM, standing below and sniping up is the easiest thing in the world. In CTF, use razor. Razor has the advantage of also being good against warriors & its good for clashing since you don't get stunned, so you can keep it active.

The main thing people worry about in PvP is killing and flagging (CTF). Rogues excel in killing, which is why they are so coveted and mages & warriors want to be like them (let's be honest everyone wants that 60k kills).

Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if people actually played CTF - a team game. Spontaneous clashes are rare - so random teams do not work together much.

--

The problem I feel is that the max geared mage is more or less balanced, but when you go below the mythic amulet/arcane ring stage, thats when you see the vast differences. And STS, when looking at their max geared mages with 900 damage, think "Oh, everything's alright" - which is far from the truth.

All mages need is an armor boost & stun immunity.

Yumisa
02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Guys, its very important to make the difference pvp wise and pve wise here...In PvE it is a fact that warriors and maybe mages are alot less useful then rogues. In pvp I agree there is a way to play each class, however im pretty sure some classes need help. It seems to me that mages don't really have a viable pvp skill..Am i wrong?

NotYoCookiez
02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
what is a mage and warrior?

Acthefool
02-07-2015, 09:04 PM
I agree on stun immunity for mages...so that in pvp rouge dont keep stun us mage with bow when shield is active...shield wud be wasted when stunned

Midievalmodel
02-08-2015, 03:37 AM
I play both and have tested extensively. I stand by my statement.

I agree with you Mages kill mobs faster than rogues, its clear. The issue here is that the majority of maps that are ran nowadays are the new tombs and arena. The mob density and amount of mobs you have to clear in these maps are not that high. Add to the fact that these new map bosses have insane HP and you spend a significant amount of time fighting them.....Therefore full rogue parties or 3 rogue party with one mage is still preferred. Which makes the need for rogues 70 to 100 percent of the time for party make up. Warriors in PVE....well forget about it.

Dex Scene
02-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Check out timed lbs... Sry but rogues rule them all
Timed lb proves nothing as maps have bosses. And rogues kill them faster.
If you read correctly what I replied whom I replied, you see I said mages clear mobs faster.. i have mythic weapon on my rogue and i clear wt4 or mines faster with my expe gun mage...

nevercan
02-08-2015, 07:33 AM
what is a mage and warrior?
Mage=sorcer and warior are 2 of the 3 classes of al
Mage=sorcer/warrior/rouge.

epicrrr
02-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Maybe as cap level gets higher some skills are not optimized well, what are your thoughts guys on a aimshot similar skills for sorcs and warriors?

Powerfulwitch
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
At the endgame..

Rogue: 3000+ hp, 1100+ armor, 50% crit, 50% dodge...

Mages: 3000+ hp, 1100+ armor, 10% crit, 2% dodge...

Warriors: 6000 hp, 2000 armor, 5-10% crit, 2% dodge

That means that rogues will dodge EVERY OTHER attack, and have 3000 health.... So its like 6000 hp overall (if you think like 3000x2=6000 ( because you need to hit them twice because dodge is 50%)).....it makes them so though as warriors are... Dps is better than mages have, damage around the same....

And lets not forget their critical chance....that is insane! They can easily kill in 1 combo...and have good amount of mana left still

"But mages have more mana than rogues"....that doesnt help you when you are dead

Serenina
02-08-2015, 08:46 AM
At the endgame..

Rogue: 3000+ hp, 1100+ armor, 50% crit, 50% dodge...

Mages: 3000+ hp, 1100+ armor, 10% crit, 2% dodge...

Warriors: 6000 hp, 2000 armor, 5-10% crit, 2% dodge

That means that rogues will dodge EVERY OTHER attack, and have 3000 health.... So its like 6000 hp overall (if you think like 3000x2=6000 ( because you need to hit them twice because dodge is 50%)).....it makes them so though as warriors are... Dps is better than mages have, damage around the same....

And lets not forget their critical chance....that is insane! They can easily kill in 1 combo...and have good amount of mana left still

"But mages have more mana than rogues"....that doesnt help you when you are dead

Are you talking about Pvp? As far as I know rogues are incapable of dodging "skills" in Pvp.

Rx8
02-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Are you talking about Pvp? As far as I know rogues are incapable of dodging "skills" in Pvp.

Even having 70% or 100. dodge is one of the most useless stats in pvp. Literally a dodge is like...takes forever. In other STG games dodge is OP. I agree with sera.

Powerfulwitch
02-08-2015, 09:34 AM

Right, they cannot dodge skills, but they can normal attacks...
So to kill rogue you cannot use your normal attack..
And in pve mobs do not use "skills".....

Rx8
02-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Right, they cannot dodge skills, but they can normal attacks...
So to kill rogue you cannot use your normal attack..
And in pve mobs do not use "skills".....

Mages barely use their guns nowadays. All i see them is wait to do their combos of fire and light. And even some rogues do that. Using the weapons is a great choice too. People with frost Weapons use it after every CD of skill. The expedition rifle also procs very fine, at least allowing you to enhance your killing style. I often use my weapons after my combo is on CD. I think your playing this class wrongly, if u have a stun pet providing you with a good stats id suggest use it. Once the rogue has broken free of the stun, use the pets AA and it will be a total GG