PDA

View Full Version : is using a macro against the games terms of service.

lethaljade
02-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Lol guys this isn't a debate thread or me trying to complain about botters ect, I was just wondering if it was actually a banable offence that is all, got my answer.

thread closed

Visiting
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM
hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

As per the ToS, yes, it's against the rules^

Hadec
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
well thats a very good question,hopefully we get a good response

Trollish
02-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Not good question. Its plain and simple: no bots and macros. Nobody like people who use macros in pvp or farm random maps with bots to get on leaderboard for PvE Kills.

obee
02-06-2015, 08:04 PM
It is according to TOS.

raw
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes they are against ToS but STG does not have any ways to recognize these. In Runescape back in the days there were 'randoms' that occurred where players were prompted to complete simple tasks for prizes because there were SO many botters.

Macros aren't limited to pve, but also pvp. Take a minute and google "gaming lag switch" I know a notable player who uses this and there is nothing we can do to prove it. Same thing with players who bot kill farm, and players who bot pve pve... Nearly impossible to prove.

Jade. What are you referring to specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conradev
02-06-2015, 08:20 PM
This was an early seasons problem but does not really go on anymore, IMO. There is no monetary value in doing this. Example: crates are 4k.
It is not possible to bot in elite Zones where drops can raise your capital.

conradev
02-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I've done it on an old account and it was banned. Trust me, if you're afraid you're missing out on something you're not. I have tested the value of it both in PVE and PVP and I can tell you it's counter-productive at best...it's more of a folklore thing now. As a player with all the best Arcanes, I wouldn't be too worried about people wasting their gold chasing 4k gold crate drops if I were you anyway. People who don't understand it think there is some gold mine waiting there with no work. It's simply not true.

Twix
02-06-2015, 08:41 PM
As far as people using macros in pvp, theyre just a bunch of noobs with no real skill, so they use all their skills at once. Yes it is a bannable offense because its against Terms of Service, which states you cant modify/hack. But its difficult to prove people using macro, as it can also be confused with a word to take all the blame, "lag".

lethaljade
02-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Yes they are against ToS but STG does not have any ways to recognize these. In Runescape back in the days there were 'randoms' that occurred where players were prompted to complete simple tasks for prizes because there were SO many botters.

Macros aren't limited to pve, but also pvp. Take a minute and google "gaming lag switch" I know a notable player who uses this and there is nothing we can do to prove it. Same thing with players who bot kill farm, and players who bot pve pve... Nearly impossible to prove.

Jade. What are you referring to specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw run escape was awesome lmao, did you ever see the botter thing they implemented when players were banned and theyd be teleported to some place and players would throw tomatoes at them, was very funny, but ya runescape seemed easy to bot there were thousands who did.

Schnitzel
02-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Btw run escape was awesome lmao, did you ever see the botter thing they implemented when players were banned and theyd be teleported to some place and players would throw tomatoes at them, was very funny, but ya runescape seemed easy to bot there were thousands who did.

So THATS what the tomato place was for...
After years of wondering, the mystery has been solved :D

sorry i went off topic

lethaljade
02-07-2015, 09:05 AM
So THATS what the tomato place was for...
After years of wondering, the mystery has been solved :D

sorry i went off topic
Lmao yup it sends people who are court before there banned there, then everyone throws tomatoes and they're banned huhu, was hilarious when first released

Arcane Maniac
02-07-2015, 09:52 AM
I got a noob question here;what are macros? And what are botters?

Overweightank
02-07-2015, 12:15 PM
I got a noob question here;what are macros? And what are botters?

Same here! Idk what botters and macros are. Sounds scientific

GuardianTwo
02-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I am not sure of macros, but botters means, that they just put an input sequence , which is ran for infinite times so that you get benefit out of it. Example:someone saves input sequence of going forward using attacks bla bla bla and remap... And this sequence is then ran whole night(just example) when the player actually sleeps but the machine moves the character in game and thus gets some great free kills pve. Or might be some gold.

Arcane Maniac
02-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Machine moves character? Where to get it?! O.O

Titanfall
02-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Machine moves character? Where to get it?! O.O
If you wana get it and use it dont be upset when you wake up banned one morning

Arcane Maniac
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
How can they even detect it?

Candylicks
02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
I don't do this because it's cheating and I like to play the game as I conduct myself in Rl, with integrity. However, this I will say. After spending a LOT, and I mean A LOT of my my own cash to get crushed by people who are botting and farming teeth while they sleep and making a killing is sickening. I am with Jade we are frustrated to see cheaters in another form than plat farming pop up strong in this game.

Hey STS and I know you are reading this. Everyone knows you don't crack down on the people who bot so now it's common knowledge that you can get away with it. You are permitting cheating in this game and it's building a LOT of momentum right now. You have these people (1) botting teeth and (2) botting kills for the leaderboard.

Your choice, we can go down the disgusting road of plat farming again and bring this game to its knees once again. Specifically, allowing cheaters to run the game. Or you can take it seriously and start cracking down and banning these cheaters.

Hope to see you take this issue seriously, it's so bad right now. People are openly sharing their botting methods and gold earned by it. Not even trying to hide that they are botting. Do something. TIA.

Rx8
02-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Macroing and using bots? How NOOBISH is that man. Cmon it doesnt give u any great achievement. No hardwork and u have the prize? Thats NAIVE. Accomplishing something through bloodshed and hardwork reallly, REALLY means something. You get the happiness and the proudness of your own hardwork. It just doesnt make sense using macros. Its just cheating. IMO i too run KT4 for literally 4hrs every night on the weekend to spend sometime with friends like stelo and hallween. Although i only have 4 or 5 names more like Hadec here at the forums and Candylicks. Also a few enigmatics like visiting. Trust me, using macros is not an advantage it just proves how lazy and naive you can be and are. Simply using sometime to play this game is much better than wasting time on macros. And to all my dear macro users, please keep in mind these files are very dangerous and most of the time get REVEALED at the internet. I have no interest in using these stuff. You can even read at the internet. These files are powerful and dangerous, stay away from these even if u cannot stay away from them, just remember the info may get revealed and this is a high risk. I would rather stick to my honesty.

IamRegi
02-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Wew I remember runescape all em botters cuting oaks en stuff magic trees its been sooo long since ive played but cool to know ppl still play it and know about it xD

Seoratrek
02-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Like Ralchior said, our Terms of Service state the following:

(e) Your Conduct as a User of the Software Product
You are responsible for your conduct as a member of the community and as a user of the Software Product.

You represent, warrant and agree that you will not engage in conduct or communication (written, verbal, or nonverbal) yourself, or by or through your avatar, which:

hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

Basically if you are using programs to gain an unfair advantage (i.e.: because it isn't you doing the work), it isn't allowed. If you have any questions or concerns please PM me. Thanks! :)