PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm indecive

jersam515
03-06-2011, 09:37 AM
I am going to buy plat, but first I would like to know a good build for a max level charcter.

I want it to(in order of importance):
maul in pvp
(I'm new to the game so if it is super easy to find teams)
team
solo
(If ity's hard to find teams)
solo
team

Pleaser help, thank you in advance.

Royce
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
If PvP is your number 1 concern, I'd probably go with a pure Dex bird. Even through major changes to the game, they have always been among the best for PvP.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
are they plausible team-ers and solo-ers?

Frenzyn
03-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Birds are pretty much the best characters.
Just, don't use any of the skill points on healing/mana/avian scream
Max out everything else, and you pretty much have a pvp machine.
and go full dexterity, no str or int level ups.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
k thanks so much

Royce
03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
are they plausible team-ers and solo-ers?

Not the best for soloing high levels, but very good on a balanced team.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 10:20 AM
but do-able enough correct?

Royce
03-06-2011, 10:43 AM
but do-able enough correct?

Yes a very good all-around option. But if you really want to focus on PvP and being able to solo maps, then paladin might be another good option. Not to complicate things for you ;)

Rebel
03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Enchantresses are also good team characters. Their heal and resurrect are very helpful for a group. They are also good if you're looking to solo lower levels, as they have powerful AOE attacks. It comes in handy when farming lower levels for lower level pinks and other types of things. In my opinion, a pally (enchant specced int/str) is one of the most powerful classes in the game. Their strong skills, high armor, and pretty high m/s and h/s combine to form a pretty good build.

Royce
03-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Enchantresses are also good team characters. Their heal and resurrect are very helpful for a group. They are also good if you're looking to solo lower levels, as they have powerful AOE attacks. It comes in handy when farming lower levels for lower level pinks and other types of things. In my opinion, a pally (enchant specced int/str) is one of the most powerful classes in the game. Their strong skills, high armor, and pretty high m/s and h/s combine to form a pretty good build.

Pally is a good solo and PvP class but contributes less to a team. They do nothing that mages don't do better, and the only advantage of having a pally in your group is if your whole team gets nuked, the pally may still be standing to rez.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok, so what I get from that is if I want to team more an archer is better if I want to solo than a enchantress with str is better, so I'll ask: At any given point is it hard to find a team?

Royce
03-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok, so what I get from that is if I want to team more an archer is better if I want to solo than a enchantress with str is better, so I'll ask: At any given point is it hard to find a team?

You should have no problem at all finding teams to play with at low and high levels. In the mid levels, like 30-40, it can be a bit trickier, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, there are still teams to play with just less of them ;)

jersam515
03-06-2011, 11:22 AM
so therefore, an archer is the way to go, could you post me a link of some guide? Thanks

Kossi
03-06-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide

Royce
03-06-2011, 11:26 AM
so therefore, an archer is the way to go, could you post me a link of some guide? Thanks

Physio's guide is somewhat geared for high level players, but still has tons of good info for beginners: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide
For more, just browse the archer class discussion, or post questions there if there is information you want but can't find.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
looking more on the pally, I think I ay try it, any help for that build?

Royce
03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
looking more on the pally, I think I ay try it, any help for that build?

There hasn't been a good pally guide written in a while. Basically you want just enough Str to equip your gear (using gear boosting if possible), then you want the rest of your points in Int (for skill damage, mana, etc.) and/or Dex (for base damage and higher hit% which is the pally's major weak point). Skills would be basically just like any mage and you can find lots of info on that in the enchantress class discussion.

jersam515
03-06-2011, 01:12 PM
thanks so much royce btw what do you play(that's probably the best chara lol)

Royce
03-06-2011, 01:16 PM
thanks so much royce btw what do you play(that's probably the best chara lol)

I have at least one of every subclass except Int Bear and Int Bird, but Int mage is my personal favorite. Dex Mage, pally and tank are all fun too. Could never personally get into the Dex bird. It's just too straightforward and bores me, but I do have one, and a Str bird too ;)

piplet
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Royce - I'm respecing between palladin and pure mage... I'm also finding it slow to level up as I spend most of the time helping to keep others healed/alive. So what am I doing wrong? I'm currently lvl 44. Any ideas?

Additionally, if you could validate, if I'm not actively killing, it looks like you don't get XP. Is that true?

here are my specs (currently palladin)
str - 100; dex - 2; int - 151; hit% 93; crit - 15; dodge - 10;
health - 450; regen - 10; mana - 676; regen - 14;
damage - 98 - 123; dps - 111; armor - 52

Conradin
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
intbears are very fun to play- although not as effective as other clsses.

Royce
03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Royce - I'm respecing between palladin and pure mage... I'm also finding it slow to level up as I spend most of the time helping to keep others healed/alive. So what am I doing wrong? I'm currently lvl 44. Any ideas?

Additionally, if you could validate, if I'm not actively killing, it looks like you don't get XP. Is that true?

here are my specs (currently palladin)
str - 100; dex - 2; int - 151; hit% 93; crit - 15; dodge - 10;
health - 450; regen - 10; mana - 676; regen - 14;
damage - 98 - 123; dps - 111; armor - 52

You get XP just by being in the area when a mob dies. You dint actually have to kill anything. As for why it might be going slow, I can only imagine that has to do with skill build. Healing is just a part time job, you shouldn't ever spend "most" of your time healing, just heal every few seconds and do everything else in between. As a mage your primary contribution is AOE devastation. You should be able to do that and heal as well.

piplet
03-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks Royce... I'll try practicing patience..