PDA

View Full Version : Rogues reducing armor by 19% instead of 15%

Ravager
02-07-2015, 02:32 PM

Aimed Shot with this upgrade should reduce armor by 15% and not by 19%. I tested in both CTF and TDM.

My armor jumped down from 2434 to 1970.
When my armor was 2336 = 1891

That's 19% instead of 15%.

This is bad for a few reasons.
It has contributed to the imbalance of the game, especially in pve.
Possibly part of the reasons mages get 1 hit ko / 1 combo'd so easily.
Possibly contributing to why jug gets broken by random rogues.
Rogues using 20% armor reduction pets only to find out, if the pet's chance to reduce the armor of the opponent finally does happen, its only 1% more.

Update: This was rogue vs war. Rogue vs rogue seems to yield 15% on the aimed shot which is normal. Have not tested rogue vs mage.

Update 2: Tested mage and rogue. When tested with one player, it was 19% armor reduction. With another player, it was 17% armor reduction.

Update 3: Found the possible issue. Aimed shot or any armor reduction possibly overriding the Durability passive. Durability is useless in pvp:/

Ardbeg
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Great. now i m out of things to spec in the event i actually bother to pvp (every two months). i might put the points in speed. weeeeeeeeeeee!

nevercan
02-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Aimed shot and pets like blinky not only override passive armor but it also cancels out the 50% armor buff from charging gale and it's likely consistent with all armor buffs. Thanks for this find Rav. It probably explains some of the imbalance issues.
I hope so....

extrapayah
02-07-2015, 06:01 PM
it's pretty much well known :P, i wrote it on my skills wiki guide (promoting) :D :D :D

long ago i tested it by speccing durability and calling scorn's AA

and yes, debuffs always override buffs (for damage, armor, and movement speed)

Ravager
02-07-2015, 06:24 PM
it's pretty much well known :P, i wrote it on my skills wiki guide (promoting) :D :D :D

long ago i tested it by speccing durability and calling scorn's AA

and yes, debuffs always override buffs (for damage, armor, and movement speed)

Ah must be buried or slipped past me and a few others as you can see. Thanks.

Arachnophobik
02-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Damn :/

Jazzi
02-07-2015, 07:21 PM
You probably have the armour percentage passive? the armour debuff negates the buff first and then applies the 15% debuff. Same goes for pets, etc.

Serancha
02-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Passives should not be counted as buffs. That's the problem. They are part of your skill build, not a buff like an elixir. However, I guess it's because they are % based that the code calculates them as buff.

Alhuntrazeck
02-07-2015, 08:50 PM
No wonder

GoodSyntax
02-07-2015, 11:08 PM
From back when we first discovered about the DMG stacking issues:

Note the two responses by null_void. Here, he told us that there is only one multiplier ever applied, and that debuffs take precedence over buffs.

You can follow along with the discoveries and conversation here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?147850

It is an old thread, but the information is still important.

Madnex
02-08-2015, 06:54 AM
This goes for certain PvE cases too like Arachna's poison pools, Frostir's blue aura, Shuyal dogs' bite, etc. Basically anything that applies an armor debuff kills the durability passive.

Zynzyn
02-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Our passive skills are counted as buffs. So durability is overridden because any debuffs always override our buffs. Its the same reason why rogues do not get their pet bonus damage in pvp and warriors get it. The dmg nerf overrides their pet dmg. When rogues buy a pet, in pvp they ALWAYS lose out on that dmg bonus % that the pet comes with.