PDA

View Full Version : Exp question.

DawnInfinity
03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
After the next campaign comes out and the level cap is raised, will people with say, 45000/86000 (roughly) exp be automatically leveled to 56? (Since the exp requirement will be lowered) Plus, what would happen with the remaining exp, would it be counted towards level 57, or would it be wiped out? I'm curious. :p

Physiologic
03-06-2011, 01:44 PM
After the next campaign comes out and the level cap is raised, will people with say, 45000/86000 (roughly) exp be automatically leveled to 56? (Since the exp requirement will be lowered) Plus, what would happen with the remaining exp, would it be counted towards level 57, or would it be wiped out? I'm curious. :p

It would be scaled at a percentage, like what happened when they changed XP requirements to level.

45,000 / 86,000 = 4500/8600

It won't be as perfect as that, but scaled to a similar degree.

Echelong
03-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I think you will either get that exp converted at the rate of 1/10 but I don't think they will advance you to level 56 automatically since technically you didn't reach that level. Level 56 is what they called an elite level and it is 10 times the normal exp so I would assume they would convert that exp. Just me and my opinion but thats a good question.

Edit Physiologic is to fast for me lol.

DawnInfinity
03-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Okay, thanks guys.

Ayrilana
03-06-2011, 03:14 PM
It's based on the actual percentage and not really any of the numbers. If you're 50% to 56 before the cap increase, you'll still be 50% after. The amount of XP you have will change to reflect that.

Otukura
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
It's based on the actual percentage and not really any of the numbers. If you're 50% to 56 before the cap increase, you'll still be 50% after. The amount of XP you have will change to reflect that.

Yup, I believe they said the "xp is stored as a fraction"

aluxuryhoggy
03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
think it would be pretty cool if when the new content came out raising the level cap... everyone who made it to 56 would get an item of recognition and everyone who didn't would automatically start at level 57 or something?
tell me what you think

Royce
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
think it would be pretty cool if when the new content came out raising the level cap... everyone who made it to 56 would get an item of recognition and everyone who didn't would automatically start at level 57 or something?
tell me what you think

The crown of persistence is that item of recognition. It will no longer be available after the cap goes up again, so only people who make 56 during the BS cap will get it.

RedRyder
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
That's kinda crappy though. You get like 40k xp and it just gets scaled down? That's why I think an "elite cap" is a bad idea. You put in a lot of work getting all that xp but itll just be like o well tough luck. And for the 56's out there having gone through all that work just to have other getting there 10x faster

Pharcyde
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I totally agree with Red, the elite level was a bad idea. I like the concept and it also keeps players active, but the way in which it is being carried out is bad.

OMG I think I'm onto a epic idea. WHAT IF........

Even though you are too high to get exp in a map, you can get dungeon credit? Credit would act the same as exp, but only applies to that dungeon. Once you get enough credit, you can turn it in to obtain a elite item and elite rank in the dungeons town? That way players can still obtain elite after the cap has been raised? That means that someone would have to gain 86k credit in balefort sewers, but they can continue on with the new dungeon if they really don't want to obtain elite. Then have the amount of credit needed raised each time you level up, since dungeons would be easier to complete as a higher level with better gear. So no matter what level a person is, they can still become a "True" elite after the cap raise.

Physiologic
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
That's kinda crappy though. You get like 40k xp and it just gets scaled down? That's why I think an "elite cap" is a bad idea. You put in a lot of work getting all that xp but itll just be like o well tough luck. And for the 56's out there having gone through all that work just to have other getting there 10x faster

The grind's not bad if you're used to other MMO grinding...for example it took me roughly 2 months getting from lv 199 to lv 200 in another MMO playing 4 hours a day everyday (roughly 240 hours)... :)

Whereas getting from 55 to 56 takes roughly 50 to 62 hours at Bandit Boy Hideout if each run takes 4-5 minutes on average, and without any XP potions.

RedRyder
03-06-2011, 11:48 PM
The grind's not bad if you're used to other MMO grinding...for example it took me roughly 2 months getting from lv 199 to lv 200 in another MMO playing 4 hours a day everyday (roughly 240 hours)... :)

Whereas getting from 55 to 56 takes roughly 50 to 62 hours at Bandit Boy Hideout if each run takes 4-5 minutes on average, and without any XP potions.

That's cool and all but it's the transition after the cap goes up another official 5 levels. Ts not fair really. Wouldn't it bother you even the slightest bit when you see a 56 that got there in like an hour or two as opposed to the countless hours and possibly gold you spent to 56? I've just been farming and got 4k xp from a bus load of runs with no pots since I hit 55. It's really too extreme.

And it's like another punch in the face if we don't get to 56 on time. No crown of per. For you!

*sadness*

Pharcyde
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Made a thread about this in the suggestions section. Some really good discussions going on, we are currently working on a compromise for the extreme and prideful and empathy for new players or players who didn't make it on time.

Physiologic
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
That's cool and all but it's the transition after the cap goes up another official 5 levels. Ts not fair really. Wouldn't it bother you even the slightest bit when you see a 56 that got there in like an hour or two as opposed to the countless hours and possibly gold you spent to 56? I've just been farming and got 4k xp from a bus load of runs with no pots since I hit 55. It's really too extreme.

And it's like another punch in the face if we don't get to 56 on time. No crown of per. For you!

*sadness*

I'm sure the devs will give us a timeframe of how much longer we have til the Crown won't be available! In any case you probably have a couple of months considering that's how long it takes for level caps to be raised :)

DawnInfinity
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
For now I'm focusing on leveling my alts to 55. Once the whole 56 thing clears up and is settled, I'll decide if I wanna go for 56.

Joshooaaa
03-07-2011, 02:25 AM
If I get to 85,000 when the cap goes up, I'm gonna LOSE IT