PDA

View Full Version : Choosing A Class...

Fallen Caccavari
03-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm new here and I need a little bit of help on choosing a class.

Here's what my preferences are when I'm choosing a class;
-Good at solo'ing (powerleveling)
-Survivability
-Decent damage

I'm more about PvE than PvP.

What class should I choose? Then what builds should I go with?

Conradin
03-06-2011, 01:42 PM
a mage. you can go palidan (str gear on a mage with high int) or pure mage (works best IMO). you can solo well with a pally and deal nuking powerhouse damge. no too shabby at pvp either. look for Royce, he should be on this thread soon, for more info

CanonicalKoi
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
See, I'd say bird for PvE. Sure, you'll do a lot of kiting the first few levels, but after that....well. Damage is our thing.

ETA: Because I have a brain like a sieve....Welcome! :)

Frenzyn
03-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Birds best damage relative characters, but not enough health or mana, but still, i favor them over warrior or mage anyday. ;)

Fallen Caccavari
03-06-2011, 03:57 PM
a mage. you can go palidan (str gear on a mage with high int) or pure mage (works best IMO). you can solo well with a pally and deal nuking powerhouse damge. no too shabby at pvp either. look for Royce, he should be on this thread soon, for more info

So I should choose the Enchantress class at the menu for that? I'm kinda confused by that.

Pharcyde
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Mage - good solo, up to current level dungeons. They are incredibly weak with armor and health, so they stay in the back of the group. BUT in return for their incredibly weak defense, they have outstanding attack. My mage is dishing out thousands of damage per second with its nuclear-level arsenal of multiple target damage spells. You do not want to find yourself sitting in a room with several other people when the mage comes barreling through, you better hide behind something as fast as possible. That might not even save you, the mage can freeze you where you stand, rain lightning on you, and then oh so brutally finish you off with a side of massive fire balls. IF you are still alive, the mage can be cruel and cast a nightmare on you, that will leave you mentally scarred for the rest of your life.

Cough* If your after PvE, this bad boy of a class is your choice *cough.

Mages use a lot of health potions, but relatively no mana potions. So if you enjoy sending a downpour of hell upon your enemies, the mage is your class. Code name for mages: Nuke Mage.

Bird - The bird the king of PvP and the king of 1v1 damage. Birds have medium to low survivability, high range, medium to low regeneration and high to insane damage. The bird is like a sniper who snipes with a mini-gun. If you find yourself in the scope of a bird, you better pray that a higher power is looking after you. The bird has skills so powerful, its said it can strip a man of his manhood in under a second, along with his life. The bird can shatter your armor, root you to the ground, and blow you up with explosive arrows. Certainly not a class to be messed with.

Birds don't use many health potions, but guzzle mana potions like a hummer guzzles gas.

Bears... poor poor bears.. Only thing I can say about them is.. They are a reinforced tank, that shoots air-soft gun pellets at you. The bear is incredibly underpowered damage wise, and is balanced in its tanking ability. Only a few bears have ever become skilled enough to succeed in PvP or properly protect his party members in a dungeon.

Summary:

Mage -
Strength: Massive attack
Weakness: Incredibly low survivability
Abilities: massive multiple target damage ability
Very high health potion consumption rate.

Bird -
Strength: Long range and incredibly potent 1v1 damage spells
Weakness: Low survivability and has low damage for multiple targets.
Abilities: Completely shattering a opponents armor, remove their ability to dodge, and even root them to the ground, while you rain arrows down on them.
Very high mana potion consumption rate.

Bear -
Strength: Super super high survivability
Weakness: Very low damage, and can easily be kited.
Abilities: Can stun several opponents at once, drag them all close to you, then stomp them silly.
Lowest potion consumption rate of all classes.

So I should choose the Enchantress class at the menu for that? I'm kinda confused by that.

What he means is once you choose a mage, you can make a mage sub-class, or a Paladin. A Paladin is a Enchantress that wears strength gear for higher survivability, but at the cost of loosing the range and replacing it with a sword, and lower damage.

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Mage - good solo, up to current level dungeons. They are incredibly weak with armor and health, so they stay in the back of the group. BUT in return for their incredibly weak defense, they have outstanding attack. My mage is dishing out thousands of damage per second with its nuclear-level arsenal of multiple target damage spells. You do not want to find yourself sitting in a room with several other people when the mage comes barreling through, you better hide behind something as fast as possible. That might not even save you, the mage can freeze you where you stand, rain lightning on you, and then oh so brutally finish you off with a side of massive fire balls. IF you are still alive, the mage can be cruel and cast a nightmare on you, that will leave you mentally scarred for the rest of your life.

Cough* If your after PvE, this bad boy of a class is your choice *cough.

Mages use a lot of health potions, but relatively no mana potions. So if you enjoy sending a downpour of hell upon your enemies, the mage is your class. Code name for mages: Nuke Mage.

Bird - The bird the king of PvP and the king of 1v1 damage. Birds have medium to low survivability, high range, medium to low regeneration and high to insane damage. The bird is like a sniper who snipes with a mini-gun. If you find yourself in the scope of a bird, you better pray that a higher power is looking after you. The bird has skills so powerful, its said it can strip a man of his manhood in under a second, along with his life. The bird can shatter your armor, root you to the ground, and blow you up with explosive arrows. Certainly not a class to be messed with.

Birds don't use many health potions, but guzzle mana potions like a hummer guzzles gas.

Bears... poor poor bears.. Only thing I can say about them is.. They are a reinforced tank, that shoots air-soft gun pellets at you. The bear is incredibly underpowered damage wise, and is balanced in its tanking ability. Only a few bears have ever become skilled enough to succeed in PvP or properly protect his party members in a dungeon.

Summary:

Mage -
Strength: Massive attack
Weakness: Incredibly low survivability
Abilities: massive multiple target damage ability
Very high health potion consumption rate.

Bird -
Strength: Long range and incredibly potent 1v1 damage spells
Weakness: Low survivability and has low damage for multiple targets.
Abilities: Completely shattering a opponents armor, remove their ability to dodge, and even root them to the ground, while you rain arrows down on them.
Very high mana potion consumption rate.

Bear -
Strength: Super super high survivability
Weakness: Very low damage, and can easily be kited.
Abilities: Can stun several opponents at once, drag them all close to you, then stomp them silly.
Lowest potion consumption rate of all classes.

What he means is once you choose a mage, you can make a mage sub-class, or a Paladin. A Paladin is a Enchantress that wears strength gear for higher survivability, but at the cost of loosing the range and replacing it with a sword, and lower damage.

Thanks for the help. I'll most likely be choosing a mage.

Pharcyde
03-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll most likely be choosing a mage.

I like you already :) Enchantress power!!!

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I don't have any problems with soloing with any class. Bears actually survive best, but need extra damage to solo well. I usually get that through a damage pot. I think there's usually a way to play well. It just sometimes takes a little thought and lots of trial and error... and trial and error... and trial and error... :)

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I like you already :) Enchantress power!!!

Now I'm just confused about the campaigns. Can you give me any help with that?

Riccits
03-07-2011, 07:24 AM
would u recomand mage too! i will get addicted soon and try out all classes :)

why are u confused about campaigns?
would recomand to buy almost all (may not skeller returns and frozen nightmares) and play through all until reaching the level cap. do not use much XP pots, learn to play with ur class and be pacient!

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 08:46 AM
would u recomand mage too! i will get addicted soon and try out all classes :)

why are u confused about campaigns?
would recomand to buy almost all (may not skeller returns and frozen nightmares) and play through all until reaching the level cap. do not use much XP pots, learn to play with ur class and be pacient!

How much are all of them? If I don't buy them will I not be able to go past a certain level?

Conradin
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
You can see the order the campaigns are in by clicking host game and scanning through to the next camaign. I would recomend buying, balfort Castle (you get the auction house so you can merchant), then fathom crypt, then lost expedititon, then the ancient swamps (by now you should be. Getting the hang of it if you are a avid forum user)skip alien oasis 1 and skeller Crunch and instead buy alien oasis 2, then alien oasis 3, balfort sewers etc. Good luck, pm me for assistance

CanonicalKoi
03-07-2011, 11:20 AM

True. All so very, very true. Especially the bolded part. ;)

An excellent summary, Pharcyde! Bravo!

KaotiicxDream
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Paladin! Good to survive and okay to deal damage ;-)

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
birds may dominate lvl 40 pvp and above but i still think a pally or int mage fits his needs. e doesnt want to guzzle pot, he wants to solo maps (easily done with kiting and mana sheld, plus a pallys armor) and mages can do very well at endgame pvp

CanonicalKoi
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
birds may dominate lvl 40 pvp and above but i still think a pally or int mage fits his needs. e doesnt want to guzzle pot, he wants to solo maps (easily done with kiting and mana sheld, plus a pallys armor) and mages can do very well at endgame pvp

No offense to pallys (or bears!) and I admit to a certain birdly predjudice ;) but I was going with this statement from his first post:

"I'm more about PvE than PvP."

Birds are lovely in PvP, but we rock in PvE, too. (My purely 100% biased opinion, lol.) And we're cute! Did I mention cute? (Okay, so bears are cuddlier, I admit.) And Fallen, mage is an excellent choice, too. Riccits has it right, though--eventually you'll be hooked and try them all. :)

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Paladin! Good to survive and okay to deal damage ;-)

What level can I turn Paladin?

You can see the order the campaigns are in by clicking host game and scanning through to the next camaign. I would recomend buying, balfort Castle (you get the auction house so you can merchant), then fathom crypt, then lost expedititon, then the ancient swamps (by now you should be. Getting the hang of it if you are a avid forum user)skip alien oasis 1 and skeller Crunch and instead buy alien oasis 2, then alien oasis 3, balfort sewers etc. Good luck, pm me for assistance

I'm thinking about buying the 800 Platnium Package, would that be enough?

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:38 AM
What level can I turn Paladin?

I'm thinking about buying the 800 Platnium Package, would that be enough?

yes that would be enough for all the packs and almost everything else you will ever need. I have been playing for almsot a year and ive used 547 plat. I would recomend staying pure int until 30 (so you dont chug mana pots and the mobs are easy) then buy full iceberg str gear (plate, hatchet,shield) along with any helm lvl 25-30. that will last you until deep in ou lvl 30's. also dont go all str pally. I recomend minimum in str then put the rest into int. although not terribly high hit level, you will have good h/s, m/s, huge spell damage, great armor.

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
yes that would be enough for all the packs and almost everything else you will ever need. I have been playing for almsot a year and ive used 547 plat

What things should I buy right away with Plat besides the Campaigns.

JemNI
03-07-2011, 11:42 AM
You can buy dungeon bundles to save a little over the individual maps.

Redbridge
03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm not certain, but I think you get 2 free character slots, so you're not limited to one....

So..... make both a mage and an archer.... BONUS!!!!

Play around levelling them both up and if a particular build type (ie all INT mage) isn't going as you want it to, then just RESPEC for 2 platinum.

See my link in my sig to a list of some of the best guides the top players have made on the various subjects. You could spend lots of time reading them (fully advised) but don't forget to balance it out with actually playing the game, and as already said don't level too quickly. Enjoy the ride, or you'll be at level 56 in no time moaning that your bored, but will have missed out on so much of the great content in the game.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h424/suzyclarke74/GameOn/Cluel1.png
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h424/suzyclarke74/GameOn/Cluel2.png

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
you dont need to buy anything right away. but on holidays special campaigns come out, vanity items and items sets rock (vanity sets are 5 plat while sets are 35)
when you hit level 20, you can either use mitch match gear, or if you have 800 plat, would buy the lvl 20 four piece item pack for a mage (it rocks) besides that more campagns will come out, you will need respecs to change from mage to pally if you want. as well as custimization on you characters face (visit a magic miror) there ae lots of ways to sped plat. i would recomend to make it last tho- you never know when you mght need plat (like me, im all out and have to rely on free palt til my birthday, in 7 days). anyways theres my advice, pm me if you have questions. - i almost forgot about other char spot, i have 16 characters atm.

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 12:11 PM
you dont need to buy anything right away. but on holidays special campaigns come out, vanity items and items sets rock (vanity sets are 5 plat while sets are 35)
when you hit level 20, you can either use mitch match gear, or if you have 800 plat, would buy the lvl 20 four piece item pack for a mage (it rocks) besides that more campagns will come out, you will need respecs to change from mage to pally if you want. as well as custimization on you characters face (visit a magic miror) there ae lots of ways to sped plat. i would recomend to make it last tho- you never know when you mght need plat (like me, im all out and have to rely on free palt til my birthday, in 7 days). anyways theres my advice, pm me if you have questions. - i almost forgot about other char spot, i have 16 characters atm.

What level do I have to be to become a Paladin?

Conradin
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
What level do I have to be to become a Paladin?

You don't have to hit any "level". A pally is just a mgae that wear str armor. I'll show you a picture of one I'd you would like. I recommend turning yourself pally at lvl 30

StompArtist
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
You should try all 3 and decide for yourself... That's what I did and settled on pally (enchantress) as my favorite class BUT all 3 classes are a lot of fun to play!

Fallen Caccavari
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
You don't have to hit any "level". A pally is just a mgae that wear str armor. I'll show you a picture of one I'd you would like. I recommend turning yourself pally at lvl 30

Alright, that would be great if you could.

KaotiicxDream
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
At lvl 50 u need 128 str and 128 int ... so go for 128 int and then start taking points in str then read Ellyidols Dual spec guide ;-)

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I have multiple characters in all the classes and use them all. You should definitely try multiple classes and maybe pures (INT mage, DEX bird, STR bear) before going hybrid (STR mage, STR bird, DEX bear, etc). Other than the next campaign or campaign bundle or temporary holiday items (none at moment), don't spend any plat until you get more familiar with the game. Maybe level to like 25 or 30 before deciding.

Thinking back I think besides campaigns, the first things I used plat on were more character slots, stash slots and inventory slots. However, try to read up on plat items or ask around before buying. Inventory slots, for example, are specific to a character, so don't get it for any character you might be deleting or you will lose those slots. Stash slots are by account so you can get those immediately.

You can check out prices in the plat store. Check out how much plat for the stuff you want to purchase, add it up and ponder buying that many plat. 800, BTW, will last you quite awhile unless you are buying a lot of equipped items.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I've been playing a mage and I've enjoyed it a lot.

The only problem I have is my thumb for the joystick on touchscreen gets dry every so often and makes it difficult for me to move when I want. Any tips? I have a Droid 1 with a screen protector if that makes any difference.

Wrap
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Personally i prefer the Enchantress alot, especially for starting out (new players). Good damage and survivability (ability to heal, revive, shield..ect.)

Wrap
03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I've been playing a mage and I've enjoyed it a lot.

The only problem I have is my thumb for the joystick on touchscreen gets dry every so often and makes it difficult for me to move when I want. Any tips? I have a Droid 1 with a screen protector if that makes any difference.

You can always use the 'tap to move' feature instead of the joystick :)

http://i55.tinypic.com/1z32rgk.jpg

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Physiologic's threads about Archers has caught my eye, I'll definitely be playing a Bird.

Thanks Physiologic, you're my hero. (;

aluxuryhoggy
03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Mage all the way!