PDA

View Full Version : Goblin King Problem

CanonicalKoi
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Twice last night, two separate games, we killed the Goblin King. Both times, the Totem turned green and we quickly blasted it out of existence. But about a second or two *after* the Totem was gone, the Goblin King healed back up. So a rough timeline would look like this:

Bash away on GK
Totem turns green
Blast Totem and kill it
Start bashing away on GK again
GK returns to full or almost full health
Think evil thoughts, continue bashing away and finally kill GK

Major
03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
This has happened to me before too!

skavenger216
03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
This has happened to me before as well.

adwin
03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Are you sure you were not experiencing any lag at that moment?
Yesterday, there was an epic lag problem for quite a while, and that might've happened if the totem was close to regenerating.

Echelong
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
The problem is that the totem itself has a lot of Hit points and if you don't kill it fast enough both the totem and GK will regain health. If GK has more than half health bar he will completely heal. This tends to happend in a party that doesn't have good damage and dps. If you see he heals 2 or 3 times to full health go to the hallway and reset him and ask for party to use damage pot and try again. It is also very important that all the group goes and attack him at the same time if only 1 or 2 party members enter they will reduce the window for the first heal.

WhoIsThis
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
You need at least 4 people for this, and they should be at least level 55 (although I was in a team of 4 level 56 mages that managed successfully to do it). Ideally, one needs to be a bird. I imagine that 2 people might be able to melee pot, but otherwise, no chance.

Moogerfooger
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Sometimes, no matter the makeup of the party, it seems that even if you kill the totem....the first couple of times he may heal back fully. I don't know if its a glitch or not, but several others have noticed it as well.

Kirei
03-06-2011, 10:38 PM
i was there, and it wasnt lag. it was a perfectly decent party. we killed the totem, it was dead you couldnt see it or target it. it was DEAD! but then we would go back to attacking the king and he would heal back up. it was quite frustrating

adwin
03-07-2011, 12:23 AM
i was there, and it wasnt lag. it was a perfectly decent party. we killed the totem, it was dead you couldnt see it or target it. it was DEAD! but then we would go back to attacking the king and he would heal back up. it was quite frustrating

Then it's definitely a bug.
Strange (regarding the lag) - I played through the night, and we had a good party going on.
We changed maps every 5-6 runs, but for the majority of time, we had an epic lag. Please note the "WE" I used, as in EVERYONE in the party.

Tempest
03-07-2011, 06:27 AM
The goblin king? Whos that.
Sry for nub question

drewcapu
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Goblin King is the boss in Swill Pitz.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a team of L55s to kill GK.

I went in as a L51 full STR bear and helped a team of 50/50/51/48. I was really curious to see how we'd do vs GK. It was their first time so I gave them some pointers and they seemed to be using their skills and comboing well. Damage was slow, but I was more interested in seeing if we could kill the totem. Believe it or not, we destroyed the totem 3 out of 4 tries before I went ahead and damage potted for the sure kill.

I've always just blamed the totem kill / gk heal problem to lag. I've seen it happen on several occasions, sometimes as many as 2 or 3 times on one instance. By that time, it's just best to just have someone volunteer to damage pot and be done with it.

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I saw this too when I first did Goblin King. Mostly happens first time or two you kill the totem in the run. Haven't see it in awhile though. Usually the king's dead before he can use the totem once.

You don't need all L55s, but you do need a lot of damage. If I don't think there's enough damage, I will dam pot.

CanonicalKoi
03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
If it was lag, 5 people were all experiencing it. 3 birds in both groups, all level 55's with either 55 Raid Roach or Sewer King bows and two with melee pots....we killed the totem quick. Another two times it happened...well, maybe the totem wasn't killed quick enough, but I'm doubting it.

Fyrce
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
If you have a lot of damage, just kill the king before he can use totem.

joopiduh
05-16-2011, 02:49 AM
I asked about this not too long ago, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26141-Observation-Goblin-King-self-regenerates&highlight=goblin+king, and just today I tried again with the same results. First time the totem was destroyed, GK stayed at the same level of health as before. However, the second time the totem was destroyed, GK's health jumped back up to full. And he was within the limits of the room.

Just need some clarification, is this a bug or is this design done on purpose?

Weak_Sauce
07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
This has happened to me more than 25 times so it has to be a glitch, not a user created or imagined problem.

If the whole premise of defeating the boss is to knock down totem each time it turns green and a party does so successfully the GK most definitely should not magically heal himself.

Suentous PO
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
There was a glitch at one point. On a different thread I saw that a dev had investigated this. Other than that it seems this is just one of the baddest mamajama bosses in need of epic butt whoopin.