PDA

View Full Version : NEW!!! Roleplayer's Guild: Accepting

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 03:48 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2e0kbpv.jpg

Are you one of those people who actually WANTS to roleplay in this game? Are you having trouble finding others who want to roleplay?
Are you bored of grinding and attacking stuff in general?
Want the game to be more interesting?

THEN YOU WANT TO ROLEPLAY!!!

What do we do?
First of all, for those of you that don't know, roleplaying is basically acting in-game. You pretend you ARE your avatar and interact with others as your character in the PL world. Sound fun? Well, Here you can find a list of other people that want to roleplay as well, and you can add them all as friends to roleplay at will! Roleplaying makes leveling more fun, and is fun in of itself. It also keeps an element of uniqueness in the game that doesn't revolve around grinding. Here are some examples as to what you can do:

-Roleplay in PvP
-Roleplay in CTF
-Roleplay in Townes
-Roleplay on maps/PvE
-Watch Roleplaying
-Roleplay

You may be wondering how you van accomplish this. You use the chatbox for dialogue (and undo-able actions) while using the game's abilities for actions. Example for a battle(PvP)

Player 3 is lying dead on ground next to player 1
Player 1: I shall avenge my brother!!!
Player 1 attacks player 2
Player 2: Muahaha! You will not kill me!
Player 2: attacks player 1
Player 3: *coughs weakly* sa-save yourself!
Player 1 is low on health and begins running away.
Player 2 follows Player 1 and kills them.
Player 1:Nooooooo!!!
Player 2: Muahahaha!
Player 4 suddenly runs in and revives Player 1
Player 1: *looks with wonder* Thank you!

Tip: If you're doing PvP I HIGHLY recommend turning off auto-attack to Prevent accidental kills and to control how low the other players health gets.

Or you could go with the story line:

Player 1, 2, and 3 walk into Skeller Crunch's room
Player 1: We will take back the Academy!
Player 2: I seek vengeance!
Player 1 and 2 accidentally die.(yes this might happen while you type, Roleplay around it)
Player 1 and 2: Noooo!
Player 3 revives them
Player 1 does fireworks emote.
Player 2: After many long days, we shall again seek vengeance!
Player 3: No! It's too dangerous!
They kill Skeller Crunch.
Player 3: Victory is ours!
Etc.

So you can see, combined with chatting and using the game controls we can get a pretty good plot going. Yes there WILL be problems like lag and accidentally killing people/monsters killing you, I understand but we can always fix stuff like that and continue. And yes there is the problem of low vs high levels, and low levels in high level maps, those should be resolved amongst players ;)

Coordination

I can't be on 24/7 but if you give me a request in the form of a post asking to get an event you want to plan put of up here, well that's what this section is for.
Repeat: I will post your planned events here if you forewarn me soon enough.

This should be included:
-Date
-Time/Time Zone
-PvP or PvE
-What map
-Plot (something like: the great battle! But be super specific.

Members-

The most important part, these are people you can add as friends who really WANT to roleplay and will roleplay back.

-Lizardfeather/Yraelia/Ventesia
-SurvivorFan
-Bearpire
-Keohike
-
Just fill this out if you want to be added on the list.
NOTE: If you're on this list you must be willing to get friend requests from other people.

In game name(s): they can be in your sig as long as I can find them
Level: (optional)
Preference: PvP or PvE or both
Story: Optional I'm not going to put it on the list, I'll think of something later for stories for now just leave them in your post

---------------

IMPORTANT: Roleplaying is bouncing ideas off other people. Micromanaging doesn't work, its an improvisation constantly changing with whatever the last person said. If something happens like you die, just stay in character and be dramatic yelling on the floor or something. Oh and Trying to be the all-powerful character (a.k.a. Godmodding) is just going tk make people mad at you unless its agreed on.

Conradin
03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Sweet- PL needs more roleplaying

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree, it is a RPG Role-Playing Game that seems to have no roleplaying :P

Survivorfan
03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Yah this would be cool to watch.
The PL Theater Presents..... lol

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Lol yah, people could join just to watch too :P Anyone actually want to join?

Tengotengo
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm up for that, but not PvP. I already try to play in character.

Survivorfan
03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm gonna join too
my IGN is Survivorfan

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Ok great :) I added you to the list!

I'm up for that, but not PvP. I already try to play in character
I thought about that then realized you are right and not everyone would want to do it in PvP so I added the PvE into it :)

We're going to need a lot more people to get this going >.<

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I just realized I was thinking forum roleplay when I wrote this. I'm going to re-write to give people a better idea:

Conradin
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
dude addd bearpire, my twink. i already roleplayed out his story. he was a ursan king, on the ursan concil when he was bitten by a vampire. in a blood rage he murdered the elf queen. He came before the bear concil where they deemed him guilty and banished him. he now stalks the pvp worlds, wearing his dishonored crown, killing unsuspecting warriors and coverting them to his kind. he is the king of the bearpires.

Keohike
03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
i want to join i want to play king of attera indefinitely

Sun
03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm always the only one to notice the giant meteor headed straight for us...

Lizardfeather
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Great! Added you! And I rewrote the post to... I don't know make it better

I'm always the only one to notice the giant meteor headed straight for us...

Um... what are you talking about?