PDA

View Full Version : Archer Skill point usage?

Azrael
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, i just started the game today but like any good mmorpg player i'm trying to learn as much as i can about the game before i go all in.

One thing I haven't heard anyone comment about, or show in a picture from their profile is what skills players are using. I am assuming the first skill Focus is good, but it looks like there are another 12 skills to unlock, and from what i understand no way to reset skills once they are placed. Also is there a max to the number of points that can go into a skill?

So i'm wondering what i should place points in, or if players can post their skills on the forums.

This also brings up the point of being able to pay to redistribute skills, but im so fresh to the game i'm gonna leave it at asking which skills are good. I heard a dev say using focus and blastshot works well.

Snafoo
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Only way to reset skills is by paid respecs.

As far as skill/stat distribution goes

I have 5 points into focus, 3 points in evasion and 2 points in Meditation.

Everything else has one, I did not bother with the healing skill.

My stats have mainly been put into Dex, it now increases damage and health. I'm not at 60 Dex, I will probably take intel upto 20, then start pumping dex again.

I chose Focus/Meditation/Evasion as I use those skills every time they are off cool down (well Evasion when I'm soloing).

Azrael
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the input.. Can anyone else give yheir two cents?

Btw does anyone have a list of all the skills?

LODD2
04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Can anyone tell me what are the skills of archers past level 13? I want to use my skill points wisely, I may have to reset 1 point of avian scream and 1 point of thorn (just want the effect, not + damage). Also what is the max skill point level? 5? I am thinking maxing focus. Also does blast shot do more damage? To me it seems that it blows a huge chunk of damage out of the enemy, although its just a AoE regular arrow? (correct if wrong)

lionblaze149
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Well they don't actually get much more powerful so you should just hold onto the skill points and see yourself

vulgarstrike
06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
well they don't actually get much more powerful so you should just hold onto the skill points and see yourself

epic necro

lionblaze149
06-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Okay?

Otukura
06-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Well they don't actually get much more powerful so you should just hold onto the skill points and see yourself

They do get more powerful, and vulgar is right. Don't bump old threads.

suchysuch
02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Archer Skill point usage.

Guys the skill point usage of the archer depends on the LVL of your pvp archer.
This is my guide for you to look at.

LVL 30 or under is the most populated archer pvp areas. If you are one of those people, I suggest your to put atleast 4,5, again, depends on lvl, into break armor.
LVL 25-30 6 break armor
LVL 20-25 5 break armor
LVL 16-20 4 break armor.
As you see, I didn't do anything lower then 16. Thats because most archers don't pvp under that lvl. They do that because at lvl 16, you get shattered scream.
For those of you who dont know the combo, its first shattered scream, wait like a sec, then blast shot.
Alot of people are wondering: Which is better? Focus or Evade???
Well, focus and evade are two hard ones to compare which ones get more skill points.
Evade is very good, especially against dex bears. Evade dodge MOST of there attacks, if you have 5-6 evade.
Focus is very good, it adds a huge amount of your crit chance, and adds ALOT of dmg to your crits.
LVL 20 or under, have atleast 5 evade, and 3 focus.
LVL 25 or under, have atleast 5 of both.
LVL 30 or under, have both at max, if you want to PWN.
The three very good pvp LVLs for birds are, 17, 21, 26, 30.
17 build:
5 evade, 3 focus, 4 break armor, 1 thorn root, 1 shattering scream, 2 blast shot. Combo: evade and focus first, break armor, root, shat scream, blast shot.
21 build:
5 evade, 5 focus, 5 break armor, 1 thorn root, 1 shat scream, 3 blast shot. Combo: evade and focus, break armor, root, shat scream, blast shot.
26 build:
6 evade, 5 focus, 6 break armor, 1 thorn root, 1 avian scream (only use when close to target), 2 shat scream, 4 blast shot. Combo: evade, focus, break armor, thorn root, shat scream, blast shot. NOTE: Only use avian scream if your close to enemy!!!
30 build:
6 evade, 6 focus, 6 break armor, 1 thorn root, 1 avian scream, 3 shat scream, 6 blast shot. Combo: evade and focus, break armor, thorn root, shat scream, blast shot.
LVL 17 gear:
Blacksmiths Crafted Chainmail
Merry Toy Wand
Winter Holly Wing
Sniper's archer cap
NOTE: These items are pretty expensive.

LVL 21 gear:
This gear is the SAME as lvl 17. But the winter holly wing, and the avian cap are upgraded to LVL 20.

LVL 26 gear:
Blacksmiths Crafted Chainmail
Conqueror's Onyx Battlesword
Conqueror's Crystalline Helm
NOTE: These items are NOT cheap!!!

LVL 30 gear:
Iceberg armor
Iceberg Longsword
ANY lvl 29 PINK STR helmet

Thank you guys SO much for reading my guide. I hope it helps you out :-). Please NOTE: I Do spend ALOT of time on these guides im doing so please appreciate it!!! Thank you :-).

rmor

r Holly Wingord

JaytB
02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Wow! This thread is old! ;)