PDA

View Full Version : Gear vs skill in pvp

regizakirs.rs
02-09-2015, 08:29 PM
I don't pvp because I don't have all the necessary gear especially end game twinking. I've read quite a few threads about people saying that it's the gear why some people win. I've also read where there some players are skilled enough to beat maxed out players. What I would like to get here is the pvp community to give me there assessment on this. So twinks which one is it and why? Please remember let's keep it friendly thanks guys and gals

Arrowz
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Twinks it is 50-50 gear > skills. Some players with singe or samael are hard to beat 1v1 but many of them suck in wars. In wars however having skill makes a big difference. I have a lvl 17 rogue and im better than some lvl 18s with singe in wars because they have no clue how to fight. Even during the breeze era, my guild beat a team of 4 tanks and a rogue with 5 breeze when we had only 2 breeze. Because you cant be oneshot at twink levels, skill plays a bigger factor

regizakirs.rs
02-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Cool

Zeus
02-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Twinks it is 50-50 gear > skills. Some players with singe or samael are hard to beat 1v1 but many of them suck in wars. In wars however having skill makes a big difference. I have a lvl 17 rogue and im better than some lvl 18s with singe in wars because they have no clue how to fight. Even during the breeze era, my guild beat a team of 4 tanks and a rogue with 5 breeze when we had only 2 breeze. Because you cant be oneshot at twink levels, skill plays a bigger factor

You'd be surprised how much skill end game takes too. I'd say it's a lot more than twinking. The problem is the people who lack gear blame it on gear usually instead of looking to see what they're doing wrong. Yes, gear plays a factor but it's not entirely what people claim.

Overweightank
02-09-2015, 11:15 PM
You'd be surprised how much skill end game takes too. I'd say it's a lot more than twinking. The problem is the people who lack gear blame it on gear usually instead of looking to see what they're doing wrong. Yes, gear plays a factor but it's not entirely what people claim.

Zeus is right, I done twinking and currently end game pvp, Twink is gear based, not that much skill needed. End game is all skill, Its all about skill in end game, gear doesnt need to be tip top to be good :)

Also end game is something me and many would recommend to try. :)

Hilyana
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
End game is all skill, Its all about skill

I disagree.. A skilled player with ~mythic items vs a maxed player, it would be 50/50. There are many (over)geared players who win because of gear and nothing else, especially rogue vs rogue...

So yes, being skilled does help a lot at endgame, but it's still gear based. Except in 5v5 where the skills mostly win, in 1v1 it's another story.

Zeus
02-10-2015, 10:32 AM
I disagree.. A skilled player with ~mythic items vs a maxed player, it would be 50/50. There are many (over)geared players who win because of gear and nothing else, especially rogue vs rogue...

So yes, being skilled does help a lot at endgame, but it's still gear based. Except in 5v5 where the skills mostly win, in 1v1 it's another story.

It's the same thing at twinking. In a 1v1, gear is extremely likely to prevail. I was more saying from a FFA or clashing standpoint.

raw
02-10-2015, 10:36 AM

In end game, there is a huge range of gear. There are rogues running around with 3.2k health, 1300 armor, and 500 damage fighting rogues with 5k health, 1800 armor, and 750 damage. If you assume that the players fighting are somewhat similarly geared then skill matters more since end game is essentially one hit KO for rogues. The only exception to this rule is Nekro which is OP as bawls. An example of a player that exemplifies this is, as I've stated before, Hilyani. When we used to pvp together she would run around with 3800 health, 1400 armor taking out fully maxed sns ring rogues because of the simple fact that she knows how to evade attacks, and she knows when to attack. A lot of rogues in end game just spam attacks without strategy, and you'll see that this is quite often the case for maxed players.

In twinking levels, skill > gear because there is less of a range of gear, and because fights are longer. Players actually have a chance to strategize.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Skill definitely plays a role in both twinking and end game PvP. However, the role of gear is not absent in end game PvP. You simply cannot expect a rogue using exped bow, mythic ring and a legendary amulet/fang to beat a maxed out rogue with imbued set, arcane ring and mythic bow/daggers. It simply will not happen 1 on 1 unless the maxed out rogue is afk.

I am not even maxed out, but I have enough health to usually withstand 1 combo from a legendary rogue, so even of they jump me, I usually don't die and then I can shoot a quick uncharged combo and often kill them. When I win like that its 100% gear and no skill.

Another example I can give yesterday when I was having a friendly 2 on 2 with Zeus. At that time I was using a exped bow and a full mythic ring, including ring and new amulet. With exped bow my damage was pretty much a joke, about 475 in PvP room, which was now where near enough to be able to 1 hit or even combo kill Zeus. He was nice enough not to use nekro's AA but if he had I am sure I would have been unable to kill him a single time. Sure, there were multiple times when he killed me before I even landed a shot, but there were some instances where I landed a aimed on him and he responded with a crit over 5k. I had to rely on things like panic, which involves little skill to exploit, and trulle, which requires considerably more skill to use effectively. I still got crushed though and though gear definitely played a part in it, it was in no way the only factor.

Gear also plays a large role on playstyle, which is nothing but skill. Personally, if I know I have considerably better gear than my opponent rogues/mages, I often make risky and sometimes idiotic rushes that I only pull off because of my higher gear level. If I tried any of those rushes on an evenly or better geared team, I wouldn't make it 10 meters. Same can be said of many geared rogues. We know we have much better gear, that we can tank 1 combo and be pretty sure of killing the enemy with ours, so we play accordingly.

raw
02-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Yep the disparity between players in end game is ridiculous. I honestly believe that a fully maxed rogue with nekro can win a 3v1 against full legendary (non imbued) rogues. It's that cray.

Not go veer too off topic, but this whole conversation brings to light the issue of balance in end game. Rather than focusing on releasing mid-tier gear for the average player, STG has been focusing on buffing and offering gear for the top 1% which is supported by the last few posts.

The whole gear v skill issue is complicated, and people will have different opinions, but I think that KingofNinjas' post is spot on from an end game perspective.

I'm curious as to what twinking skill v gear is like now... since I haven't twinked in over a year

Ravager
02-10-2015, 11:46 AM
3 main factors when it comes to winning. I play endgame. Its going to be gear, skill and luck. If you fight a max gear person and you're not, you're going to need lots of skill and luck. Higher skilled person, you'll need higher gear than him and lots of luck. Etc. You get the point. If you fight a person with equal gear and lose, maybe they have more skill or luck than you. Proper use of your environment, I consider, is a skill.

regizakirs.rs
02-10-2015, 12:22 PM
3 main factors when it comes to winning. I play endgame. Its going to be gear, skill and luck. If you fight a max gear person and you're not, you're going to need lots of skill and luck. Higher skilled person, you'll need higher gear than him and lots of luck. Etc. You get the point. If you fight a person with equal gear and lose, maybe they have more skill or luck than you. Proper use of your environment, I consider, is a skill.
Well stated

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Using the environment can only get you so far. Even if you hide and snipe, with minimum gear you are rarely, if at all, going to be able to beat a maxed out rogue. Many low geared rogues also have as low as 25-30% crit whereas maxed out ones have up to 50%. What I am trying to say ud that gear even affects luck, so there is only 1 aspect other than gear, which is skill.

Imsofancy
02-10-2015, 12:34 PM
does not matter how skilled you are, being ganged by 5 tanks will kill you. unless ofc you own a arcane deary. LOL@pvp

On a serious note. I think that twinks need to have a higher degree of skill then end gamers because you have to make a skill build specific to your lv and amount of skill points available. When you pvp at low lvs every skill point needs to have a purpose.

Ravager
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Using the environment can only get you so far. Even if you hide and snipe, with minimum gear you are rarely, if at all, going to be able to beat a maxed out rogue. Many low geared rogues also have as low as 25-30% crit whereas maxed out ones have up to 50%. What I am trying to say ud that gear even affects luck, so there is only 1 aspect other than gear, which is skill.

Yeah. I know. Just stating that more so as a side note and not as a main point. Still need other aspects like luck. Like you stated, with such low crit, you're gonna need lots of luck to crit a few times in a row. LOTS of it.

Kriticality
02-10-2015, 12:45 PM
There is a learning curve for sure. If you've never really PVP'd before or even if you have, gear isn't enough. I started at level 41 PVP and went through numerous deaths before I started to understand anything. I was full mythic and either mythic daggers/bow. Rav is right about those elements. You need a combination of any two of the three elements to win. Luck/Gear may help you in the short term but you'll be exploited. Obv Gear/Skill is optimal. You will definitely run into players at end game that are incredibly difficult to kill. Ravager is one of them. My point is, gear definitely helps, but the difference is quite clear between a meh arcane ring player and a very skilled one.

And to Raw's comment about Nekro, it's insane.

Zeus
02-10-2015, 12:48 PM
There is a learning curve for sure. If you've never really PVP'd before or even if you have, gear isn't enough. I started at level 41 PVP and went through numerous deaths before I started to understand anything. I was full mythic and either mythic daggers/bow. Rav is right about those elements. You need a combination of any two of the three elements to win. Luck/Gear may help you in the short term but you'll be exploited. Obv Gear/Skill is optimal. You will definitely run into players at end game that are incredibly difficult to kill. Ravager is one of them. My point is, gear definitely helps, but the difference is quite clear between a meh arcane ring player and a very skilled one.

And to Raw's comment about Nekro, it's insane.

Agreed about Nekro. In the hands of a skilled rogue, the rogue rains death on everything that comes across its path.

Kriticality
02-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Agreed about Nekro. In the hands of a skilled rogue, the rogue rains death on everything that comes across its path.

Change your mind yet about selling me that fossil? :)

Zeus
02-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Change your mind yet about selling me that fossil? :)

Not with the twink tourney allowing arcane pets, haha.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 01:10 PM
IMO, 2 nekros should take up 1 player spot on a team lol.

Mucsi
02-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Rogue's rulez with 1,8k armor, 5k hp, 900dmg.. No point in endgame pvp... It's totally geared question.. :/

Zeus
02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Rogue's rulez with 1,8k armor, 5k hp, 900dmg.. No point in endgame pvp... It's totally geared question.. :/

Those stats are not possible in PvP and way over exaggerated.

Mucsi
02-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Those stats are not possible in PvP and way over exaggerated.
Then 600 dmg.. still deadly

Overweightank
02-10-2015, 04:03 PM

Of course gear is important. But my point is, You can have less gear than an Arcane ring or Nekro/Sns user, and still have more than a 50/50 chance of winning. I take a person for example...

Soundlesskill
02-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Recently got mythic daggers - an upgrade from my expedition recurve - I don't get 1 shot anymore, instead I 1 shoot (tested today) I've played since S2 and reached LB in S4, won 2 tournies so if I don't have skill I don't know who has. My so called skills weren't even used as I simply charged aimed. It's still 100% about the gear. I witnessed a mage with SnS and the pink gun completely destroy a mage with mythic gun and mythic gear.

However,
In team-fights or clashes it does aquire skill. It takes a large amount of skill to move around skillfully in clashes. To rush the rouges and mages (the back line), but not putting yourself in complete danger. Hiding behind the tanks and staying in range of the mage mana heals, the HoR range. You must utilize a good pet combination (SnS, SnS, SnS, Nekro, Nekro (Lol)). It takes good synchronization to coordinate the time to rush and the time to use razor effectivly. It DOES require skill. Maybe not as much as in the past, but definitely a great deal.

A random meet-up (1v1), with a random person, in a randomly joined game is purely based on the gear and luck. If a little rouge goes against a rouge with Nekro, Arcane Ring, Mythic Planar Pendant, 69 paragems & 10 Eyes. With daggers and full imbued set of potency. Well yes, you're going to lose because you're undergeared.

Energizeric
02-10-2015, 04:43 PM
One thing nobody is discussing is build. At end game I'm a somewhat undergeared sorcerer. I have no arcane ring and also lack the new mythic pendant. So while my damage is decent and I have a very high crit build, my health is down around 3700 while many sorcerers are running around with 5k health.

So what does that mean? It means that for me to win a fight, I have to be aggressive and attack fast. The longer the fight lasts, the more likely I am to lose. So when I choose my skills, I keep that in mind.

Because of my gear disadvantage, I cannot have a build where I am well rounded or else I will end up mediocre at everything. So instead I choose a build that gives me 1 or 2 really strong points, and then gives up ability in other areas. So for example, if I choose a build of Fire, Lightning, Clock and Shield and add in all the damage over time upgrades, I have a much easier time beating rogues and can often beat a fully geared arcane rogue 1-on-1. But against a curse mage, I'm toast. If I substitute Frost for Fire, then I do much better against warriors 1-on-1 as I can slow them down and kite them and inflict tons of damage. Against other sorcerers I'd be best using curse and no damage over time upgrades on the other skills.

Also, to make sure I can add all relevant passive points, I only spec 4 skills instead of 5 or 6 that most players do for flexibility. The result is a more specialized build, but a more powerful one.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 04:46 PM
I think you need a little bit of both. I posted in another thread that I recently tried my luck out in pvp using a rogue for the first time. Gear is arcane ring and elon bow and I was losing to people with legendary gear. Why? because I had horrible timing and a bad combo. I didn't really know what I was doing when I dropped packs, etc. I got whooped pretty good even though I know my way around pvp on other toons.

With that said, most well geared players will beat players with cheap legendary gear because: A) they hit a lot harder; and B) They can absorb a lot more damage.

I don't know how you were losing to legendary rogues lol. At your gear level you don't even have to charged aimed shot. Not to mention, you can tank 1 entire combo without dying. You shouldn't even need need your packs. While going 1 vs 1 with other rogues I personally don't even bother dropping packs. Instead I rely on rogues ridiculous damage output to just 1 hit.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 04:50 PM
One thing nobody is discussing is build. At end game I'm a somewhat undergeared sorcerer. I have no arcane ring and also lack the new mythic pendant. So while my damage is decent and I have a very high crit build, my health is down around 3700 while many sorcerers are running around with 5k health.

So what does that mean? It means that for me to win a fight, I have to be aggressive and attack fast. The longer the fight lasts, the more likely I am to lose. So when I choose my skills, I keep that in mind.

Because of my gear disadvantage, I cannot have a build where I am well rounded or else I will end up mediocre at everything. So instead I choose a build that gives me 1 or 2 really strong points, and then gives up ability in other areas. So for example, if I choose a build of Fire, Lightning, Clock and Shield and add in all the damage over time upgrades, I have a much easier time beating rogues and can often beat a fully geared arcane rogue 1-on-1. But against a curse mage, I'm toast. If I substitute Frost for Fire, then I do much better against warriors 1-on-1 as I can slow them down and kite them and inflict tons of damage. Against other sorcerers I'd be best using curse and no damage over time upgrades on the other skills.

Also, to make sure I can add all relevant passive points, I only spec 4 skills instead of 5 or 6 that most players do for flexibility. The result is a more specialized build, but a more powerful one.

Very true. I just recently changed my build from 30 points in str and 10 points in int to a pure Dex build simply so I have a shot at dropping maxed out rogues with a single combo. As of now, getting any more para and eyes is not a priority for me. Instead, I am trying to get an imbued will armor, which will then give me the tanking abilities of an arcane ring rogue.

Soundlesskill
02-10-2015, 05:40 PM

Perhaps it is so with mages. For any rouge aimed strike and shadow piercer is cruial. You can't simply choose and all-crit-build because you will be 1 shot from rouges who can easily survive your low-compared-to-their crit. You don't get to pierce before they crit you 5k KO.

Anyways, done with this thread and PvP :). Back to farming!

Kriticality
02-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Another thing to note... Lesser geared players can do really well in CTF. Learning to use walls there can even out the playing field some whereas TDM is more straight forward. You can use trees and Trull but I don't see it happen near as much as in CTF.

Madnex
02-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Gear is still the largest factor.

Then skill (involves using your environment) and of course, like an annoyingl lot of things in this game, luck. Just an OK level of skill is required to wipe anything if you have arcane ring or Nekro (which means you probably have the rest of your gear maxed and well-gemmed, so overall even more of an edge).

Twinking used to be better before paragems and before people started opening OP arcanes like Singe, SnS, Maridos and Nekro there. Now it's not much better than endgame (but at least it's much cheaper).

Excuses
02-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Twinking used to be better before paragems and before people started opening OP arcanes like Singe, SnS, Maridos and Nekro there. Now it's not much better than endgame (but at least it's much cheaper).

This was exactly what I was gonna say.

Twink was better place to play pvp with regular gears. But now pets and para gem changed all. (But I think it's still better than end game.)

Honestly, at end game if you are not well geared(even full Full Mythic is not well geared now.), you can't even survive from one combo of rogue.

In both place, skill let you survive longer, but still gears and pets are more important, especially nekro now.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Gear is still the largest factor.

Then skill (involves using your environment) and of course, like an annoyingl lot of things in this game, luck. Just an OK level of skill is required to wipe anything if you have arcane ring or Nekro (which means you probably have the rest of your gear maxed and well-gemmed, so overall even more of an edge).

If a rogue has nekro, I don't think they need even an ounce of skill to wreck most teams. I once was against an arcane ring imbued vest, possibly helm nekro rogue who was literally standing in 1 spot spamming arrows with the occasional pierce like it was an elite map. I did not even see aimed being charged. Yet, my team got completely wrecked simply because I did not have the damage to break nekro shield. What end game PvP needs is a mythic ring to bridge the gap between the current mythic ring and arcane ring.

Caabatric
02-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Gear is major but still i find skill very important.
I was in a 1v1 ctf room with me and another mage. This mage had from what i could tell wild talisman (saw it proc) mythic armor/helm, blood ruby, frost gun, and slag. Compared to my gear of expe gun, mythic armor/helm, silver hoop of brut(epic), and eerie necro or brut and slag.

The difference in gear is a pretty big gap is pretty big as you can see. However in the 16 encounters that we face,. I won 7 of them. Reason was this guy had little skill when environment came into play and often i would gale stun him and kill him while he didn't have a shield up or bait him into using his shield and then running away counting the seconds until the shield would be broken, or just stunlock him out of the blue. He was me before i observed some rogues fighting and using the notches on the side, using packs properly etc. and by watching these rogues fight i learned a lot about the environment.

However he still beat me more than i beat him so i would say gear was a critical play here.

siddhant
02-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Zeus is right, I done twinking and currently end game pvp, Twink is gear based, not that much skill needed. End game is all skill, Its all about skill in end game, gear doesnt need to be tip top to be good :)

Also end game is something me and many would recommend to try. :)
I really loled at this post having one aimed
shot is called skills and using repeated curse fire light =no skill lolz?

siddhant
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
gear>skills these days in clashes skills may play an important role the views based here are being said by most players who own paras go ask players who dont own para and u will get better opinion:)

regizakirs.rs
02-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Perhaps it is so with mages. For any rouge aimed strike and shadow piercer is cruial. You can't simply choose and all-crit-build because you will be 1 shot from rouges who can easily survive your low-compared-to-their crit. You don't get to pierce before they crit you 5k KO.

Thanks for sharing[emoji106]

Kingofninjas
02-10-2015, 09:49 PM

The problem is that if you get crit 5k there's not Mich that will save you, unless you have an extremely heavy strength build. In that case you will be very hard pressed to get a enough damage to kill. The fact is, that 5k crits are not as rare as one may think, so the only response that rogues who are not maxed out have is to hope that they can kill before they get 1 hit.

gumball3000
02-11-2015, 06:26 PM
What people forget is this is a 6 button game and while skill is not that hard to get for those willing to learn, gear is. There is so far your skill will take you. From my experience geared players will also be pretty skilled because who put in the effort to get high gear will also put in the effort to get some skills which isn't that hard.
In pvp there are many factors for winning, ravager mentioned gear, skill and luck but you have to also consider ping which is especially important in pvp and team synergy.

I am a tank and i can say gear is pretty important in ctf clashes where you have to be able to take huge amounts of damage while inflicting some damage upon your enemy too, having very high armor but no damage won't help you in hard clashes.

I find some teams hard to beat because they bring together all the above: gear, skill, good ping and good synergy, luck not so much when you have all the rest.
What i mean by synergy is: knowing your teammates very well, all their strngths and weaknesses, knowing what they will do and how, knowing how to react to their actions.

My opinion on twinking is this: In twinking you can get by with less of everything, less gear and skill. All twinks that i talked to say it is easier to twink than endgame, that fights are more laid back. In endgame one mistake can kill you.

If you are just starting out then don't get discouraged by what i said. You can have a good time in pvp. If you don't have the best gear and skill thwn don't be bold. Don't gang others for easy kills or trashtalk and people will notice and help you out rather than joining against you with the purpose of ganging you back. Of course you will have the long time gangers who gang no matter that but you can't do anything about those.

regizakirs.rs
02-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Nice post I'm a end game pve player. If I get a hold of a arcane ring or neckro through farming then I will take more time towards end game twinking.

kixkaxx
02-11-2015, 06:58 PM
The problem is that if you get crit 5k there's not Mich that will save you, unless you have an extremely heavy strength build. In that case you will be very hard pressed to get a enough damage to kill. The fact is, that 5k crits are not as rare as one may think, so the only response that rogues who are not maxed out have is to hope that they can kill before they get 1 hit.

I don't know which rogue you were talking but I have full set and 610+ dmg in PvP (790+ in PVE) however I never see my aim shot crit 5k+. Mostly it's 3k on rogue and <2k on warrior and mage (with shield). Well I can do 4k on mage when their shield is off, but that shouldn't be count because a mage with no shield is equal to a rogue with no mana.

Zeus
02-11-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't know which rogue you were talking but I have full set and 610+ dmg in PvP (790+ in PVE) however I never see my aim shot crit 5k+. Mostly it's 3k on rogue and <2k on warrior and mage (with shield). Well I can do 4k on mage when their shield is off, but that shouldn't be count because a mage with no shield is equal to a rogue with no mana.

He's talking about me. I have 640 damage in PvP - 30 higher than most maxed out rogues.

Arachnophobik
02-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Both plays a good part. But with maxed gear and good skills, whenever you kill people they assume its just cuz you have better gear.

Kingofninjas
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM

I have personally seen my own charged aimed shot crit mages for above 5k (mages of my gear level, i.e., without ring or imbued set). I am also regularly seen my aimed shot crit tanks above 3k and rogues above 4k. Is it possible that you are not charging aimed shot as that would explain the difference in our numbers. I have 540 damage in PvP room.

cami
02-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Samaeldavisjr, we have never VS...wtf are you talking about??? The only way you can get a kill on me is by gang. But that rarely happens since you run 80% of the time unless your team is stacked with rings/sns/Nekro. PM/PT me anytime you want to see who has the skills.

Your owner,

Fatalfury

wow the big ganger in PVP have forum account...

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 03:59 PM
What are you going to do about it?

cami
02-12-2015, 04:01 PM
give a clear recognition ;D

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 04:07 PM
LOL :)

Kingofninjas
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Let's not make this personal. Im sure we all have been called gangers by someone or the other before. I have also done my fair share of both ganging and being ganged by fatal but let's not let that keep us keeping the discussion civil.

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Shinytoy,

Just because I own you in PVP doesn't make me a bully. Get yourself some tissue and dry them tears :D

Love,

Fatalfury

regizakirs.rs
02-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Let's not make this personal. Im sure we all have been called gangers by someone or the other before. I have also done my fair share of both ganging and being ganged by fatal but let's not let that keep us keeping the discussion civil.
Thank you for the reminder

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Cry me a river...

And when you're finished let's VS since I have never beat you, "Not even one single time" LMAO!!!

Let me know when and where, I'll be there, and I welcome spectators;)

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Getting on AL.

Hilyana
02-12-2015, 05:54 PM
I thought we had our first drama free pvp thread...

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Shinytoy,

I sent you a PM to party me which you received (I have the screen shot) and failed to PT me. Then I sent you a PT invite which you were unavailable do to running/logging off (I also have a screen shot of that.). LOL! :D

Don't let your mouth write a check that your skills can't cash...

The Boggy Man,

Fatalfury

Kingofninjas
02-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Shinytoy,

I sent you a PM to party me which you received (I have the screen shot) and failed to PT me. Then I sent you a PT invite which you were unavailable do to running/logging off (I also have a screen shot of that.). LOL! :D

The Boggy Man,

Fatalfury

A mage vs a tank is hardly a fair fight when both are evenly geared. Beating shinytoy would prove nothing other than that you can do what almost every other tank in AL can do, that is, beat a mage in an evenly geared 1 vs 1 fight.

Zeus
02-12-2015, 06:19 PM
*grabs popcorn*

Hilyana
02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Shinytoy,

The Boggy Man,

Fatalfury

Hey, such a big ego you got there...

If you wanna fight someone to prove your skills, I'm online and free! :)
IGN: Taste

regizakirs.rs
02-12-2015, 06:37 PM
You and I both

regizakirs.rs
02-12-2015, 06:38 PM
If you 2 decide to go 1 vs 1 put it on twitch!

Fatalfury
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I welcome all who think they're somebody PT me anytime :)

Mr. Big Ego,

Fatalfury

Hilyana
02-12-2015, 06:44 PM

Mr. Big Ego,

Fatalfury

Tried to pt you but you are not online.
Pm me when you are, thanks!

Caabatric
02-12-2015, 07:04 PM
A mage vs a tank is hardly a fair fight when both are evenly geared. Beating shinytoy would prove nothing other than that you can do what almost every other tank in AL can do, that is, beat a mage in an evenly geared 1 vs 1 fight.

Actually many skilled mages now are able to beat evenly geared tanks. At least i can beat many mythic armor/helm tanks though mistakes are costly.
However if the tank knows what they are doing they can easily demolish me. Mostly i feel tanks have been so strong against mages that they didnt need a way to really use strategy and now that mages use gale tanks are trying to figure out how to fight a mage that can easily kite away.

Kingofninjas
02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Actually many skilled mages now are able to beat evenly geared tanks. At least i can beat many mythic armor/helm tanks though mistakes are costly.
However if the tank knows what they are doing they can easily demolish me. Mostly i feel tanks have been so strong against mages that they didnt need a way to really use strategy and now that mages use gale tanks are trying to figure out how to fight a mage that can easily kite away.

Unlikely. Mages simply do not hit hard enough to exploit the small gap between jugg and heal. An simply solution to gale is axe. A good tank who can swap skills effectively can destroy mages with ease.

cami
02-12-2015, 09:55 PM

I want to see vs Arrypota. I believe what that guy die :) and bye Mr.EGO

cami
02-12-2015, 09:57 PM

Mr. Big Ego,

Fatalfury

omg, dont give him pt for vs, I'm 100% sure that this guy call and gang :)

Caabatric
02-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Well I did say skilled tanks can beat me . :)

supersyan
02-13-2015, 12:53 AM
We duh Pizza!

H£ll
02-14-2015, 03:01 AM
LMAO...
I enjoyed reading every post on this thread.
When will some players realize What happens in PVP must stay in PVP.. Stating you killed someone doesnt make you a better player coz we all get killed on daily basis. There is always someone better than you out there.

Regarding the above mentioned topic i completely agree with what Ravagerx mentioned earlier in the beginning.

Happy Valentine Day Nabs and hey sweet Karma ladies, keep em inventories clean imma throw couple of Arcane pets on yous :)

Arachnophobik
02-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Can i volunteer as a karma lady? O.o

H£ll
02-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Can i volunteer as a karma lady? O.o

Cry :)

elitwarrio
02-14-2015, 03:58 AM
Endgame gear is all.. Only rich and geared players will say u gear doesnt matter and skills are better..
PS: STS NERF NEKRO!!! lol

Hilyana
02-14-2015, 09:07 AM
STS NERF NEKRO!!! lol

No.

elitwarrio
02-14-2015, 09:07 AM
No.
Yes plssss

Remarked
02-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Yes plssss

Why nerf?

Hilyana
02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Yes plssss

You just sit in town when you are online, so why would Nekro be a problem for you? @.@

elitwarrio
02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
You just sit in town when you are online, so why would Nekro be a problem for you? @.@
Bored to c them in towns

Hilyana
02-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Bored to c them in towns

I see, must be nerfed then.

elitwarrio
02-14-2015, 09:19 AM
I see, must be nerfed then.
Nice happy to c u with me... NERF NEKRO!

Hilyana
02-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Nice happy to c u with me... NERF NEKRO!

I'm bored to see Blinky everywhere... NERF BLINKY!!!

supersyan
02-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Nerf deary too.

Kriticality
02-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Please don't start a nerf Nekro campaign. It's about time we got a new arcane pet that is better than Samael. For the record I don't own Nekro but it gives me a goal to work towards again.

I agree completely. I have nekro on the brain these days

regizakirs.rs
02-14-2015, 06:57 PM
LMAO...
I enjoyed reading every post on this thread.
When will some players realize What happens in PVP must stay in PVP.. Stating you killed someone doesnt make you a better player coz we all get killed on daily basis. There is always someone better than you out there.

Regarding the above mentioned topic i completely agree with what Ravagerx mentioned earlier in the beginning.

Happy Valentine Day Nabs and hey sweet Karma ladies, keep em inventories clean imma throw couple of Arcane pets on yous :)
Very true

Sento
02-15-2015, 03:16 PM
You dont need skill.

Twix
02-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Skill can only take you so far. Gear will always give a greater advantage. For example, I was playing pvp a couple days back in a 5v5 clash (endgame). And I noticed when I dropped down the chat box that one rogue got almost all of the kills each time (not saying names). So when we rged I kept an eye on him. He was standing in barely kiting range, spamming arrows...No movement, just spamming arrows. Why did he get those kills, you may ask? Because he was fully maxed out. Throughout the match all he literally did was spam arrows, nothing else and completely destroyed me and my team. So yes, gear does effect how good you are in pvp, skill cant help you kill a maxed out rogue unless you get high end crits on every hit.

debitmandiri
02-20-2015, 12:28 AM
IMO the only skill are know ur class and organize ur team, beside of that money is talking :p

Allocate
02-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Gear =/= Skill and vice versa.

MMO PvP is fun but when players think "Skill" plays a huge part in "Winning" or being "Pro" they are fooling themselves.

MMO PvP is purely based on gear/stats not a player's technical skill (not attack skills you learn in the skill tree). I don't care how skilled you are, you can't beat me if my stats are 999999999. I'll just stand there and one hit you. I'm so skilled...

In AL, there is no technical input you need to perform in order to pvp, it's all just spam your touchscreen or keyboard. Sure there is kiting but that's just it, kiting; stay at a distance and spam your attack buttons. Skillful? In my opinion, it's not and anybody can perform that.

Put these players in games that actually require "skill" such as fighting games, fps, racing, rts etc. and watch them fail; money can't buy you skills, you have to earn them, you either got what it takes or you don't.

Oh and the drama! Lmao, drama is everywhere but most of these players are mad at the most dumbest aspect of MMOs; PvP. Just have fun, if you lose, get better gear or better geared friends.

If I want to test my skills against another player's skills, I'll play a game that will provide us that platform but if I want to fool myself into thinking I'm good by beating lower-geared players then I'll play an MMO.

It's all good, just a game and just my opinion.

Now, whos going to EVO this year? ^_^

#BuffRogues #RogueLegends #Lol@PvP #Pay2Win #ProfessionalFrauds

regizakirs.rs
02-20-2015, 03:42 AM
Gear =/= Skill and vice versa.

MMO PvP is fun but when players think "Skill" plays a huge part in "Winning" or being "Pro" they are fooling themselves.

MMO PvP is purely based on gear/stats not a player's technical skill (not attack skills you learn in the skill tree). I don't care how skilled you are, you can't beat me if my stats are 999999999. I'll just stand there and one hit you. I'm so skilled...

In AL, there is no technical input you need to perform in order to pvp, it's all just spam your touchscreen or keyboard. Sure there is kiting but that's just it, kiting; stay at a distance and spam your attack buttons. Skillful? In my opinion, it's not and anybody can perform that.

Put these players in games that actually require "skill" such as fighting games, fps, racing, rts etc. and watch them fail; money can't buy you skills, you have to earn them, you either got what it takes or you don't.

Oh and the drama! Lmao, drama is everywhere but most of these players are mad at the most dumbest aspect of MMOs; PvP. Just have fun, if you lose, get better gear or better geared friends.

If I want to test my skills against another player's skills, I'll play a game that will provide us that platform but if I want to fool myself into thinking I'm good by beating lower-geared players then I'll play an MMO.

It's all good, just a game and just my opinion.

Now, whos going to EVO this year? ^_^

#BuffRogues #RogueLegends #Lol@PvP #Pay2Win #ProfessionalFrauds
Well stated allocate thanks for your input

bedmaster
02-20-2015, 09:01 AM
I tried endgame pvp on test server lately, and since most players arent maxed out its pure skill, even when i got arcane ring (but same gears as others) i still get killed cuz idk how to play effectively. Thats 180° different than real endgame pvp lol but im fine with gears vs skill. If the maxed out one doesnt hav a pvp skill maybe he has pve skill to farm for that gears, or maybe plat farming skill, or crate popping skill. Stat numbers are there for a reason imo. Game is abt numbers, higher numbers win.
But i still have one question left... when was nekro buffed? I thought it sucks.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

siddhant
02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I tried endgame pvp on test server lately, and since most players arent maxed out its pure skill, even when i got arcane ring (but same gears as others) i still get killed cuz idk how to play effectively. Thats 180° different than real endgame pvp lol but im fine with gears vs skill. If the maxed out one doesnt hav a pvp skill maybe he has pve skill to farm for that gears, or maybe plat farming skill, or crate popping skill. Stat numbers are there for a reason imo. Game is abt numbers, higher numbers win.
But i still have one question left... when was nekro buffed? I thought it sucks.

Just assume zeus has the best skills and gothical has not a very significant amt of skill(note these are just assumption and no offence to any of those names)so u give zeus legendary gear where as gothical uses full maxed out gear whom do u think will win?gothical right hence proving gear>skills

Zeus
02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Just assume zeus has the best skills and gothical has not a very significant amt of skill(note these are just assumption and no offence to any of those names)so u give zeus legendary gear where as gothical uses full maxed out gear whom do u think will win?gothical right hence proving gear>skills

Gothical plays on 400-500 ping. I play on 60-150 ping. There's a big difference in timing and speed as well. So, keep in mind that ping plays a very important part of PvP as well. It may come off as skill when really it is just your connection.

IMO, PvP comes down to these factors: gear, ping, device, logical thinking, and reflexes.

Kingofninjas
02-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Gothical plays on 400-500 ping. I play on 60-150 ping. There's a big difference in timing and speed as well. So, keep in mind that ping plays a very important part of PvP as well. It may come off as skill when really it is just your connection.

IMO, PvP comes down to these factors: gear, ping, device, logical thinking, and reflexes.

Totally agreed. If anyone had clashed against me both when I play from my laptop and from my nexus 4, they will understand what Zeus Is talking about. Both have about the same ping, but the difference is clear. I play a 100 times better from a laptop than on a phone or tablet and I often refuse to clash from my phone.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Totally agreed. If anyone had clashed against me both when I play from my laptop and from my nexus 4, they will understand what Zeus Is talking about. Both have about the same ping, but the difference is clear. I play a 100 times better from a laptop than on a phone or tablet and I often refuse to clash from my phone.

The reason being is as a rogue, one can rest their fingers on the numpad to release skills. On a touch screen, you must lift your finger off the screen each time. While this may not seem like much, in a full combo, the milliseconds add up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 09:45 PM
There are plenty of mythic rogues that can kill ring rogues. Skill obviously plays a huge part. Why you think same people win tourneys even with gear restrictions. Gear as a rogue can help you overcome lesser geared players depending on how significant the gear difference. However, if you get demolished with an arcane ring to lesser geared player, this is skill. It happens more often than this thread would have you believe. Planar pendant was a huge step in the right direction for mythic rogues being more competitive with ring rogues.

As far as comparing legendary any class to fully geared any class, that's a steep hill. Is a legendary tank gonna beat rav or night? No. Legendary rogue gonna beat Zeus? No. Is a legendary made gonna beat shiny or arry? No. There are some very skilled mythic players. Don't kid yourself. In all classes.

bedmaster
02-20-2015, 10:05 PM
So now i know why i always lose in pvp xD i play in galaxy tab 10" and 700-800 ping. Hmm. But arcane ringers get killed often by lower gears? Really? O.o

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
In a team game which is all we have, quite often.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 10:09 PM
There are plenty of mythic rogues that can kill ring rogues. Skill obviously plays a huge part. Why you think same people win tourneys even with gear restrictions. Gear as a rogue can help you overcome lesser geared players depending on how significant the gear difference. However, if you get demolished with an arcane ring to lesser geared player, this is skill. It happens more often than this thread would have you believe. Planar pendant was a huge step in the right direction for mythic rogues being more competitive with ring rogues.

As far as comparing legendary any class to fully geared any class, that's a steep hill. Is a legendary tank gonna beat rav or night? No. Legendary rogue gonna beat Zeus? No. Is a legendary made gonna beat shiny or arry? No. There are some very skilled mythic players. Don't kid yourself. In all classes.
Same ppl win tournaments even with restrictions?those restrictions apply for both team and not only one team and nowhere will u see me telling that zeus arry rav raw serancha etc do not have skills and if u didnt knew in s3 s4 ppl who
Were undergeared could still go on and defeat ppl with better gear just on th basis of their skills lack of game knowledgw being seen here from u:p
"dont kid urself" try not being rude next time cauz these are my thoughts and u arent bound to read it ty.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 10:14 PM

Lol my best ping always is 401 it doesnt go less than that be it any connection lol

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Wait. What? I don't have an arcane ring. I can kill ring rogues. And ring tanks. And ring Mages (most difficult). The post was to point out there is obv skill. Same thing goes both ways. New rogue with a ring thinking its easy will beat legendary rogues but if they don't have skills, there are many mythic rogues that will serve them. Who was I being rude to bro?

There is also a gear threshold. If you too under geared you won't win. If you have less gear but close, you can win often against an unskilled ring player.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Wait. What? I don't have an arcane ring. I can kill ring rogues. And ring tanks. And ring Mages (most difficult). The post was to point out there is obv skill. Same thing goes both ways. New rogue with a ring thinking its easy will beat legendary rogues but if they don't have skills, there are many mythic rogues that will serve them. Who was I being rude to bro?

There is also a gear threshold. If you too under geared you won't win. If you have less gear but close, you can win often against an unskilled ring player.
Lol u can kill a ring rouge kill zeus in vs and i will agree all u are doing is just talking and no proof u stated that usually myth players kill arcane ring users but when bedmaster asked u o.o usually u said "atleast in team game"like ssly who is talking abt team game here?cant even stick to ur point i feel and just getting urself rekt(sorry to sound rude but just saying the truth)

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 10:37 PM
The difference between you and I is I actually play with and against the people you're talking about. In pvp, which are both team games, zeus will tell you that I've killed him. Night will def confirm as I've played him 1 v 1 but he didn't have ring. You always in disbelief when I post. Ask the people you think are unkillable if I can and have killed them. They will tell you yes bro. Feel free to try yourself and I can teach you rekt.

The thread is gear vs skill in pvp. We don't have 1 v 1 arena. Skilled mythic players can beat unskilled ring players. It's a fact. Especially in ctf.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 10:45 PM
The difference between you and I is I actually play with and against the people you're talking about. In pvp, which are both team games, zeus will tell you that I've killed him. Night will def confirm as I've played him 1 v 1 but he didn't have ring. You always in disbelief when I post. Ask the people you think are unkillable if I can and have killed them. They will tell you yes bro. Feel free to try yourself and I can teach you rekt.

The thread is gear vs skill in pvp. We don't have 1 v 1 arena. Skilled mythic players can beat unskilled ring players. It's a fact. Especially in ctf.
Firstly i will wait for zeus to confirm on that
Secondly u killed night in vs lol night the char name is of a lvl 15rouge so how u killed him dont tell me i was talking abt his main #rekt
3 name one arcane ring user who doesnt
have skills and u can defeat him in vs;p

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 10:52 PM
He's predator now. You know.. The tank that won last pvp tournament(as night). He was night before twink tourney announcement. He's volt on forums. Ask them all. I'm no ring owner. Every response make it sound like you think I'm lying to you bro. We've done this before. You always have rebuttal for my ss like you think they're fake. So ask bro.

Jexetta
02-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Critical rate 40-50%. The entire game is rolled on dice. You can stack it by increasing your odds, but in the end critcal rate * damage ends the game. If sts doesn't alter skills it will come down to warriors not getting kills but having the skill to feeble and block. The whole PvP system is a joke.

There is definitely skill, but no experienced player will tell you there isn't a large percentage based on luck. Anyways, a easy solution to PvP and crit, is to make feeble last longer. The whole pvp system is so out of control, it boggles my mind that sts is coming out with a new game based on PvP.

One of my old favorite DL player who was relentless in PvP, bloodyneo, said two years ago to focus on PvP because players like to complete which causes competition which increases the buying rate of plat which adds to a healthy game as long as developers keep the game balanced. Here we are with him being correct. I miss the old DL pvpees, they were classy, relentless, and just focused on fun.

Ciao

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:04 PM
He's predator now. You know.. The tank that won last pvp tournament(as night). He was night before twink tourney announcement. He's volt on forums. Ask them all. I'm no ring owner. Every response make it sound like you think I'm lying to you bro. We've done this before. You always have rebuttal for my ss like you think they're fake. So ask bro.
Again no conf from either zeus or volt part and the name of his tank which had won the tournament was vapy and not night lack of game knowledge again and u still didnt give me the name of an unskilled ring user which u can defeat in vs in pvp wkwk:p

Zeus
02-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Firstly i will wait for zeus to confirm on that
Secondly u killed night in vs lol night the char name is of a lvl 15rouge so how u killed him dont tell me i was talking abt his main #rekt
3 name one arcane ring user who doesnt
have skills and u can defeat him in vs;p

He's killed me in team fights. It's not impossible, lol. All ring rogues die in clashes (even to a non ring ring rogue) especially if your team's tank isn't doing his job properly. It's just like in twinking. You can be a maxed rogue but still die to other rogues.

I'm friends with Night. He is now Predator. Predator is also Vepy.

For clarification... Night = Predator = Zephy = Vepy = Titan

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:09 PM
He's killed me in team fights. It's not impossible, lol. All ring rogues die in clashes (even to a non ring ring rogue) especially if your team's tank isn't doing his job properly. It's just like in twinking. You can be a maxed rogue but still die to other rogues.

I'm friends with Night. He is now Predator. Predator is also Vepy.

For clarification... Night = Predator = Zephy = Vepy = Titan

Again every1 knows u will die if the tank doesnt know when to heal team game requires skills greatly and u cant say that makes pvp balance Because non maxed arcane rouge can kill max rouge in team game total bs(sorry to sound rude)

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Again every1 knows u will die if the tank doesnt know when to heal team game requires skills greatly and u cant say that makes pvp balance Because non maxed arcane rouge can kill max rouge in team game total bs(sorry to sound rude)

This isn't the pvp balance thread that we are also disagreeing in. This thread is about gear vs skills in pvp. You don't sound rude, you sound inexperienced. It's all good. Add me if you wanna pvp. Not a challenge, on same team.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:19 PM
This isn't the pvp balance thread that we are also disagreeing in. This thread is about gear vs skills in pvp. You don't sound rude, you sound inexperienced. It's all good. Add me if you wanna pvp. Not a challenge, on same team.
Lol inexperienced how can u judge that i am inexperienced when u havent even pvp with me and why would i wanna pvp with u come at 15 if u wanna pvp with me:p

Axesam
02-20-2015, 11:21 PM
gear vs skill? green ping win

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm in your guild bro. Lol. Strictly. In buffalo

Zeus
02-20-2015, 11:26 PM

In VS too, maxed arcane ring rogues can be taken down by pendant rogues w/ no ring. Pendant rogues just need to approach the rogue with stacked crit and know their aimed shot range to ensure that the first hit goes to them.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:29 PM
I'm in your guild bro. Lol. Strictly. In buffalo
And ur ign sir/madam?

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:30 PM
In VS too, maxed arcane ring rogues can be taken down by pendant rogues w/ no ring. Pendant rogues just need to approach the rogue with stacked crit and know their aimed shot range to ensure that the first hit goes to them.
Point taken.

Zeus
02-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Point taken.

The reason it works is because anything above 520 damage in PvP is more than enough to combo. So, having ring just increases your chances to one combo but a clever rogue can work around that.

siddhant
02-20-2015, 11:39 PM
The reason it works is because anything above 520 damage in PvP is more than enough to combo. So, having ring just increases your chances to one combo but a clever rogue can work around that.
rouges rule pvp and pve accept it or not lol

Kriticality
02-20-2015, 11:52 PM
And ur ign sir/madam?

Strictly.

siddhant
02-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Strictly.
Nevr seen u o.o

Serillia
02-21-2015, 12:44 AM

Dat subject change doe!

siddhant
02-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Dat subject change doe!
Pro as u like:p

Kingofninjas
02-21-2015, 01:14 AM
The reason being is as a rogue, one can rest their fingers on the numpad to release skills. On a touch screen, you must lift your finger off the screen each time. While this may not seem like much, in a full combo, the milliseconds add up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Honestly, that is not the part that hurts me in all but the most intense clashes. Its the joystick and my poor control over it.

Zynzyn
02-21-2015, 01:19 AM

I dont accept. Any class can rule (assuming that 'ruling' implies being effective) and it differs from player to player depending upon their gear, pets, timing and skill-use. Average cannot rule, be it rogue or tank or mage. If players max themsleves as much as they can (with gear and pet) and learn how to time their skills, they can rule. If our gear is average (not stoned/eyed), our pet is what everyone uses, our play-style is average and then we blame another class as OP for our own weakness (lack of equipment/skill) and lack of experience, thats unfair. :P

So as not to derail the topic and stick to OP's question, I believe a combination of gear, gems, pet, skill-use, fast reactions, use of your environment (walls, mana/hp potions on map) and good ping is what is needed.

regizakirs.rs
02-21-2015, 01:34 AM
I've got to honestly say that I have learned a lot from all of you. And big ups for not letting things get out of control that's very professional of the community as a whole. I think I will actually like pvp. I know that I'm going to owned for a while lol. Then I will blame it on lag like a lot of people lol j/k. I will take my losses and learn from them and continue to get better and build friendships along the way.

siddhant
02-21-2015, 01:37 AM
I dont accept. Any class can rule (assuming that 'ruling' implies being effective) and it differs from player to player depending upon their gear, pets, timing and skill-use. I always see you complaining about mages being underpowered. So I have been curious and recently I have seen your twink and honestly, it is average. Average cannot rule, be it rogue or tank or mage. If you maxed yourself like Int (mage) and learned how to time your skills, you would be owning rogues like he does.
Wew another stalker see me complaining i dont create any thread asking for class balance secondly mages are underpowered accept it or not third in my posts i have clearly stated i am asking mages to be buffed for clashes and not vs now abt my twink it does not own any para but when i had one para and sattyrocks(pro singe user at 15) owned 4paras and 6eyes and he even used ice set our vs in which he would use his lvl 11 blinky so i had slight advantage it would be very close with me winning occasionaly sometimes draw sometimes he win u can ask him to confirm that in game since he doesnt uses forum very much and now abt int he owns sns(estimate cost 200m) nekro 40m cant afford those cant even afford a singe buy me one if u want to thou:p so u cant compare me to him he uses dmg build because he has high dmg hence he can own rouges easy on the other hand i use support build since i dont have high dmg
U are telling me to become zeus so i can own any mage/tank/rouge and ik how to time my skills u can ask any1 who plays with me abt that and again i always consider myself even below average cause that makes me much more determined to get better just my opinion ty:)

siddhant
02-21-2015, 01:39 AM
I dont accept. Any class can rule (assuming that 'ruling' implies being effective) and it differs from player to player depending upon their gear, pets, timing and skill-use. Average cannot rule, be it rogue or tank or mage. If players max themsleves as much as they can (with gear and pet) and learn how to time their skills, they can rule. If our gear is average (normal or grandgemmed and not full para/eyed), our pet is what everyone uses(ribbit), our play-style is average and then we blame another class as OP for our own weakness (lack of equipment/skill) and lack of experience, thats unfair. :P

So as not to derail the topic and stick to OP's question, I believe a combination of gear, gems, pet, skill-use, fast reactions, use of your environment (walls, mana/hp potions on map) and good ping is what is needed.
Lolz u completely edited ur post bwah:

siddhant
02-21-2015, 01:42 AM
I've got to honestly say that I have learned a lot from all of you. And big ups for not letting things get out of control that's very professional of the community as a whole. I think I will actually like pvp. I know that I'm going to owned for a while lol. Then I will blame it on lag like a lot of people lol j/k. I will take my losses and learn from them and continue to get better and build friendships along the way.
Gl pvp is very fun and determining it will always determine u to be able to reach this players calliber once u reach his calliber u take some1 else as ideal that is what keeps me determined and u gain lot of experince friendship fights hatred also along the way gl:)

siddhant
02-21-2015, 01:44 AM
Yes I tried to rephrase it to be polite and stick to the topic and explain it better. :)
I replied to ur post care to reply back and i will post my reply afterwards gtg ty.

Twix
02-21-2015, 04:56 AM
lol. If mages are underpowered, how can they kill an average rogue with a stunlock combo? If you are an average rogue vs a mage that knows what hes doing, its gg. fireball will stun you for like 4 seconds and then they will use slag/sam aa and lock you in stun.

bedmaster
02-21-2015, 05:47 AM
I heard low lvl twinking theres drama and gangin and i cant do endgame pvp, lack of budget, so i do 31 pvp, pretty nice but not much players only like 2-3 big guilds, so make one if u want :)

Litheus
02-21-2015, 09:25 AM
it doees require skills but gear matter more

Dex Scene
02-21-2015, 10:11 AM
I would say gems, Gears and internet connection rule...

Dex Scene
02-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I would say gems, Gears and internet connection rule...
I forgot the gangers

epicrrr
02-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Well i think all game which requires an item to boost level of playability will always be gear > skills. Skills and utilization comes after you get middle to best in-game items..

Soundlesskill
02-21-2015, 12:14 PM
gothical plays on 400-500 ping. I play on 60-150 ping. There's a big difference in timing and speed as well. So, keep in mind that ping plays a very important part of pvp as well. It may come off as skill when really it is just your connection.

Imo, pvp comes down to these factors: Gear, ping, device, logical thinking, and reflexes.

Luck, luck, luck, luuuuuuuuuuck.

Soundlesskill
02-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Recently got mythic daggers - an upgrade from my expedition recurve - I don't get 1 shot anymore, instead I 1 shoot (tested today) I've played since S2 and reached LB in S4, won 2 tournies so if I don't have skill I don't know who has. My so called skills weren't even used as I simply charged aimed. It's still 100% about the gear. I witnessed a mage with SnS and the pink gun completely destroy a mage with mythic gun and mythic gear.

However,
In team-fights or clashes it does aquire skill. It takes a large amount of skill to move around skillfully in clashes. To rush the rouges and mages (the back line), but not putting yourself in complete danger. Hiding behind the tanks and staying in range of the mage mana heals, the HoR range. You must utilize a good pet combination (SnS, SnS, SnS, Nekro, Nekro (Lol)). It takes good synchronization to coordinate the time to rush and the time to use razor effectivly. It DOES require skill. Maybe not as much as in the past, but definitely a great deal.

A random meet-up (1v1), with a random person, in a randomly joined game is purely based on the gear and luck. If a little rouge goes against a rouge with Nekro, Arcane Ring, Mythic Planar Pendant, 69 paragems & 10 Eyes. With daggers and full imbued set of potency. Well yes, you're going to lose because you're undergeared.

I don't know why this thread is still circling around, but I'm just going to yell this again. And no, it has nothing to do with your connection, unless it's so unstable you aren't moving, but then you probably wouldn't have entered PvP in the first place. It's all about LUCK.

Dragoonclaws
02-21-2015, 04:12 PM
I went to PvP once... I died.. then cried... then took my cute gears and left...