PDA

View Full Version : How to use the crush combo for bear?

Warmann
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I know how to use smash but then I saw crush come up once and I had no idea what I did. Can someone help me

Zeus
03-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I know how to use smash but then I saw crush come up once and I had no idea what I did. Can someone help me

Unfortunately the bear can only choose to use one of the two. Crushing Blow+ Stomp Equals crushed. Or Beckon+Stomp= Smash. You can try to do Beckon+Crushing Blow+ Stomp and see if that activates both combos, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Ellyidol
03-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I think sometimes it does, but it's really hard. It's like the Beckon + Stomp combo overwhelms the Crushing Blow + Stomp combo, but sometimes it works too. Lol

Zeus
03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I think sometimes it does, but it's really hard. It's like the Beckon + Stomp combo overwhelms the Crushing Blow + Stomp combo, but sometimes it works too. Lol

Yea, sometimes I see it on my bear, sometimes I don't. It depends on how strong the beckon combo hit.

Ellyidol
03-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Yea, sometimes I see it on my bear, sometimes I don't. It depends on how strong the beckon combo hit.

I'm not even sure what the Crushing Blow + Stomp does, added damage?

Zeus
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm not even sure what the Crushing Blow + Stomp does, added damage?

Wrecks your dodge, hit percent, armor, and damage I believe.

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 02:59 AM

Interesting, thanks :)

Furyteddy
03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
do you press Crushing Blow + Stomp together?? or one by one in quick succession??

Zeus
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
do you press Crushing Blow + Stomp together?? or one by one in quick succession??

One by one in quick succession.

Ciphor
03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I do it every time. You have till the stun effect of beckon wears off. Just beckon then CB and quickly stomp.

ShauNotDeaD
03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I can't seem to do it... I have level 1 stomp and level 1 CB. Is it not an every time thing? Do I just need higher levels?

Thanks!

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't seem to do it... I have level 1 stomp and level 1 CB. Is it not an every time thing? Do I just need higher levels?

Thanks!

I don't think the word "COMBO" pops up like the Beckon + Stomp combo.

The word "Crushed" just pops up. I could be wrong.

Genes
04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry to bump up an old thread, does crushing blow + stomp still work? I'm working on my noob bear that I ditched long time ago and I can't seem to activate "crush" as well. Is there a waiting time after crushing blow before i deliver the stomp? Much like a bird's cruel blast combo. With gcd in place now, is there any technique I have to know to activate it?

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Sorry to bump up an old thread, does crushing blow + stomp still work? I'm working on my noob bear that I ditched long time ago and I can't seem to activate "crush" as well. Is there a waiting time after crushing blow before i deliver the stomp? Much like a bird's cruel blast combo. With gcd in place now, is there any technique I have to know to activate it?

I think it still works, there shouldn't be any changes there.

It doesn't happen for me all the time either, especially since I like using the Beckon Stomp combo better, but occasionally I get that double combo, Beckon > Crushing Blow > Stomp.

But yes, I usually wait a second or so (like Cruel Blast or like Ice Fire) for it to work. :)

KingFu
04-15-2011, 10:07 AM

I believe crushing blow only debuffs 65 damage and 30 dodge (maxed)

As for the combo, I think it just depends on timing. If you beckon, you almost need to use crushing blow and stomp as one skill together, if you can use both that is. I think after GCD you have to choose one.

Edit:

Just noticed the date T_T

Genes
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks elly, was wondering what I did wrong. I tried to press in quick succession. Didn't quite work. Tried the one second method. Couldn't quite get it to work all the time either... I'll still missing my final beckon skill in the skill list. It's a really young bear... Lol

Justg
04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Rumor has it Cinco and team are cooking up some new combos...

Genes
04-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Woah... That would be nice!

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks elly, was wondering what I did wrong. I tried to press in quick succession. Didn't quite work. Tried the one second method. Couldn't quite get it to work all the time either... I'll still missing my final beckon skill in the skill list. It's a really young bear... Lol

I don't get quite it either, I look at it more like a bonus combo if ever they time right, not really a combo I'm constantly trying to do. :)

Wow, I'm guessing its a good thing you bumped it, Genes ;)

superss
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM

oooo O.o sounds intriguing!

Corpser
04-15-2011, 05:38 PM

sweet thatll help the cool down alot thanks justg

Necrobane
04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Just suddenly wondered, why did the devs add a self combo for bears, when they already had one?

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Just suddenly wondered, why did the devs add a self combo for bears, when they already had one?

Why did they add Beckon Stomp you mean?

I suggested it before, hopefully it helped with pushing the idea, especially since birds have an easy damage self-combo (Cruel Blast) and Mages too (Ice Fire). Not to mention they're both AoE.

This one seems pretty hard to do already, and it's not AoE. So thought it was only fair to give us one too :)

Raulur
04-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Hopefuly they add one for beckon + hellscream so people will resist the urge to scatter the mobs everywhere. That's what is bad about beckon and stomp, players not taking the time to position themselves so the mobs do not end up flying all over.

rocket
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Is Crushed! actually a Bird-Bear combo? Bears, do you see it when you solo?

From the new patch notes introducing the mega combos, the third Mega combo is listed as "Crushed+ Drain life" which would make it a Bird-Bear combo (since Drain life is an elf skill) and not a bear only combo.

kiitz
04-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Crushed is Break Armor and Crushing blow. it requires a bird and a bear.

tonebjr
04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Tho each of these combos is more difficult to notice the sign or animation.
At least it is on iphone imho.

Any easier way to notice if bird did break armor?