PDA

View Full Version : Dex sets... For mage

Zipponator
03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
I just recently turned my mage from a pally to a dex mage. I want to know what set is better for a dex mage- sewers or raid.

KingFu
03-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Sewers definitely. Sewers offers a bit less crit (-3), but in return you get 6 M/S a peice. Mages need M/S of course, and with Raid, max M/S would be 6 or 7. With full sewer, its be 24 or 25. The H/S is a bonus, although Mages don't need H/S IMO. Honestly, it isn't a competition in my eyes. Mages need M/S, and give or take, it is worth the slight changes in crit and hit (I may be mistaken but I think RR offers more hit% than SK)

Zipponator
03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Ok ....... Just sewers is soooooo expensive... And btw will sewers ever get a set?

Riccits
03-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Ok ....... Just sewers is soooooo expensive... And btw will sewers ever get a set?

they are only a week old, so the prices are high like the 55 pinks when BS come out, will go down soon.

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 02:57 AM
If cost is an issue for you, Underlings is pretty good.

But I'd choose SK over RR, especially for mage. Unless you don't mind spamming a lot of mana pots.

Zipponator
03-07-2011, 03:07 AM
I have the money for sure.... Anyway i just tried to pvp with dex mage and was destroyed

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 03:08 AM
I have the money for sure.... Anyway i just tried to pvp with dex mage and was destroyed

Not really surprised. I think dex mage needs a tank in front the most, since your probably the softest and easiest to get to among all 3 characters.

Riccits
03-07-2011, 04:07 AM
dex mage is probably the worst choice of a hybrid...
u loose a lot of skill damage and ur squishy too.. before 1.5 may was good and it was a personal decision for be able to use a megablaster wich in AO3 times was huge fun :)

Sigkill
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
dex mage is probably the worst choice of a hybrid...
u loose a lot of skill damage and ur squishy too.. before 1.5 may was good and it was a personal decision for be able to use a megablaster wich in AO3 times was huge fun :)

yep, its a terrible idea, because its much less armor from pure, and much less damage from pure also. Not to mention the fact that there is no set bonus. I used to love Dexchantress back in A03. Now its just lame