PDA

View Full Version : I cant get no satisfaction.

Imsofancy
02-11-2015, 01:37 PM
lol @ my own title ^^

Can we get a daily wheel spin or something in AL? I think it would be super fun for newbies and pro players to get a chance to loot something amazing, and something not so amazing :p you could make a NPC in windmoore that gives you a token that you can use to spin a wheel, you can save tokens for later uses.
maybe you can make the loot wheel item disks something like, 5% arcane, 15% mythic, 30% pink, 50% gold. This would be a great way to make players stick around and come on more often, I mean seriously, who can turn down a free chance at a sam egg?

constructive posts built with quality materials only, sub par quality posts will be burned to the ground. with a flamethrower

Zeus
02-11-2015, 01:53 PM
As long as arcane and mythic is not 5-15%, not a bad idea!

Trenton
02-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Ya a 5% chance at arcane... nonono. Arcane should be like .05% chance and Mythic should be around .2% chance

najcomp
02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
5% arcane can cause locked popper angry lol

Commanderkeen
02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I love that song by The Rolling Stones!

FluffNStuff
02-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Not a bad idea, but two important caveats:
As stated, the chance of a mythic/arcane must be excruciatingly low.
There needs to be prevent the abuse chain.
Example of abuse chain:
A) Creating multiple characters for multiple spins.
B) Fix it so only a single character on an account gets a spin.
C) Creating multiple accounts for multiple spins.
D) Fix it so only one device can get a spin.
E) Creating multiple accounts on multiple (virtual) devices ....
F) Fix it so only character of the current max level can spin ... which eliminates new players ... which kinda defeats the purpose.

So, IF you got a way that this would not be abused, then by all means it would be a great addition.

Zeus
02-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Not a bad idea, but two important caveats:
As stated, the chance of a mythic/arcane must be excruciatingly low.
There needs to be prevent the abuse chain.
Example of abuse chain:
A) Creating multiple characters for multiple spins.
B) Fix it so only a single character on an account gets a spin.
C) Creating multiple accounts for multiple spins.
D) Fix it so only one device can get a spin.
E) Creating multiple accounts on multiple (virtual) devices ....
F) Fix it so only character of the current max level can spin ... which eliminates new players ... which kinda defeats the purpose.

So, IF you got a way that this would not be abused, then by all means it would be a great addition.

The item looted would be not be tradable or stashable & only something your class could use. That would fix entire abuse chain, I think.

FluffNStuff
02-11-2015, 03:08 PM
The item looted would be not be tradable or stashable & only something your class could use. That would fix entire abuse chain, I think.

The most I can give you is it will stop 10%, because at least 90% of the players would happily start their character from scratch if it meant they would have an Arcane Pet.

CouchPass
02-11-2015, 03:31 PM
The most I can give you is it will stop 10%, because at least 90% of the players would happily start their character from scratch if it meant they would have an Arcane Pet.

Yes, I would, because I could just sell my gears on that char and buy for the new char who has the Arcane pet.

G-M
02-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Do you think that would reduce the appeal of the prize wheel? If I've already won most or all of the prizes will I want to keep spinning the wheel if I can't sell the prizes I had already won? I guess that could be addressed by changing the prizes frequently but that comes at a cost as well.

Ssneakykills
02-11-2015, 03:45 PM
I like this idea but lower the chances of certain things like arcanes and mythics

Or maybe loot something more useful to actually farm such as a pack of ankhs, respecs, 60min combo kits so you woudnt depends on gambling again to get good gear but you'd get things that would help you farm good gear and that are useful

Madnex
02-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Wasn't there a more rewarding system for players that log in day after day in the works? Whatever happened to that. Anyhow, this is a good idea.

Titanfall
02-11-2015, 04:02 PM
I like it but arcanes and mythics? No. Im sure every one legendary geared will restart and there'll be a hell of a load of people running round in arcane gear. Maybe instead add tokens, ankhs, 60 min combos, etc.

Imsofancy
02-11-2015, 04:15 PM
hmmm, ankhs and elixir kits would be a great filler item. y me no think of that? :dejection:

Imsofancy
02-11-2015, 04:16 PM
I love that song by The Rolling Stones!

Im not the only groupie!!!

Fyrce
02-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Maybe I don't understand the appeal of this spin thing because doesn't AL already have this? It's called farming or buying chests and opening them, right?

Titanfall
02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
I have the best solution EVER.
You can only spin the wheel if you are level 40-41
#Genius
Now you can put in arcanes mythics whatever the hell you want, it won't be abused [emoji14]

Titanfall
02-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Maybe I don't understand the appeal of this spin thing because doesn't AL already have this? It's called farming or buying chests and opening them, right?
Farming and buying chests and opening them, and having a chance on a spin wheel believe it or not. Are two different things.

FluffNStuff
02-11-2015, 04:41 PM
I have the best solution EVER.
You can only spin the wheel if you are level 40-41
#Genius
Now you can put in arcanes mythics whatever the hell you want, it won't be abused [emoji14]

Mentioned that, but the underlying purpose of this needs to benefit new players.

Titanfall
02-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Mentioned that, but the underlying purpose of this needs to benefit new players.
New solution. Make the wheel available for EVERYONE. But make arcanes and mythics only drop at 41 (same for the huge gold payouts such as 50-100k)

FluffNStuff
02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
New solution. Make the wheel available for EVERYONE. But make arcanes and mythics only drop at 41 (same for the huge gold payouts such as 50-100k)

That could definitely work. It would be available to all players but the best rewards would be labeled level 41 only. New players could see them and get excited about it, but would have to wait for their chance at them. Good promotion all around.

Imsofancy
02-11-2015, 05:38 PM
A newbie just starting out, spins the wheel, loots 100k, your gonna see happy faces spammed in chat box for 5 whole minuets.

Overweightank
02-11-2015, 05:45 PM
lol @ my own title ^^

Can we get a daily wheel spin or something in AL? I think it would be super fun for newbies and pro players to get a chance to loot something amazing, and something not so amazing :p you could make a NPC in windmoore that gives you a token that you can use to spin a wheel, you can save tokens for later uses.
maybe you can make the loot wheel item disks something like, 5% arcane, 15% mythic, 30% pink, 50% gold. This would be a great way to make players stick around and come on more often, I mean seriously, who can turn down a free chance at a sam egg?

constructive posts built with quality materials only, sub par quality posts will be burned to the ground. with a flamethrower

I love this idea, as long as the bad prizes arent no epics or something. This is a great way to fix our economy problems, adds a bit of gold to the game, and doesnt cause inflation, as long as it isnt overdone. :)

najcomp
02-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Ankh,elixir combo and token we can get from klaas..so i dont think we need to include it on the wheel

Zeus
02-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Do you think that would reduce the appeal of the prize wheel? If I've already won most or all of the prizes will I want to keep spinning the wheel if I can't sell the prizes I had already won? I guess that could be addressed by changing the prizes frequently but that comes at a cost as well.

I think it would ensure that if one is lucky enough to loot a non-tradable weapon (keep eggs stashable but non-tradable) in the event that said person already has said weapon, said person can resell the tradable version and keep the bound version.

Additionally, as mentioned before, keep these rewards limited to only L41. This way, influx of arcane/mythic gear will not have as big of an impact on economy if the items looted is bound to char/account & only able to be looted at L41.

siddhant
02-11-2015, 08:12 PM
love this idea completely just a few changes i would like to this idea would be chance at arcane to be lowered to 2%mythics at 5% and maybe u can get both these items only on ur lvl41and keep it stashable but untradeable and chance of gold to be in the range of 5k-15k or every1 would be running rich making the market mess anyways nice idea+1

Greatankush
02-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Good idea...but the abuse chain would not let it happen:-D

Danisafi
02-12-2015, 02:38 PM
I like this idea its amazing , so maybe to not involve further difficult stuff why dont easily set an mythic/arcane Chance on the current daily rewards in travelers outpost? [emoji14]

Zynzyn
02-12-2015, 03:16 PM
If implemented cleverly (without a chance for exploitation) the fortune wheel could spread some cheer in Arlor.

TCH22
02-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Why not drop gold instead. 0.1% 2 mil 5% 100k etc

Higuani
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Im already playin a kind of russian roullette with kraag cannons and with some bets just for the LOL!
Me and a friend we bet 50k the first one who die give the other 50k xd

So any wheel of fortune will make me happier! More LOL more FUN!

Vashikaran
02-13-2015, 12:11 AM
I cant get no satisfaction.