PDA

View Full Version : Market is crashing?

EQT
02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't know about you guys but I believe sooner rather than later the market will crash. I have a habit to watch the items on auction and it seems like nothing is really being bought. My hypothesis is that players are saving up for the new level capped items. They are saving up their gold. Leading to players putting current capped items and high value items in auction house without it selling. Especially in high value items which hurts the pockets of many arlorians.

Auction is taking too much gold from the players and there is no good influx of gold being generated. My proposal is that the items in auction should only be taxed if they have been bought by players. This would stop gold sinking out of the economy, I don't believe it is fair for players to be taxed if the item has not been sold in auction.

Another reason is that if you expect to accommodate new players into this game it would be increasing hard for them to earn gold. For example: Locked farming hasn't been as good as it was in the old days when lockeds were a solid 10-12k.

Thoughts on this?

raw
02-11-2015, 04:20 PM
This issue has been talked about a lot with varying opinions on the cause for this gold drain.

From what I've read and concluded it seems like the issue is that plat farmers artificially introduced tremendous amounts of gold into the economy, which drove prices up. If they wanted an item (such as one in an auction), all they had to do was plat farm for a while and then buy the item. Once this flow of gold was stopped, the amount of incoming gold was drastically reduced, and now prices are settling back to where they should have been to begin with. The market isn't crashing, but rather it's resetting to back where it would've been had plat farming not been a thing to begin with.

Hope that makes sense.

Titanfall
02-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Get ready for dearys and trash that cost 999,999,999 lol [emoji14]

Blissfulgod
02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Idk if this is really causing the economy to crash... That's a bit extreme. But let's not start an economics discussion, please. Those go nowhere at the speed of light.

The listing price does get annoying for repeated listings of the same item, but if you're willing to list items for a fair price, they will probably sell. - At least in my experience.

Does the cost of listing items exist solely to create a gold sink or are there other reasons? I'd like clarification on this if anyone is willing. ^.^

Overweightank
02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
I don't know about you guys but I believe sooner rather than later the market will crash. I have a habit to watch the items on auction and it seems like nothing is really being bought. My hypothesis is that players are saving up for the new level capped items. They are saving up their gold. Leading to players putting current capped items and high value items in auction house without it selling. Especially in high value items which hurts the pockets of many arlorians.

Auction is taking too much gold from the players and there is no good influx of gold being generated. My proposal is that the items in auction should only be taxed if they have been bought by players. This would stop gold sinking out of the economy, I don't believe it is fair for players to be taxed if the item has not been sold in auction.

Another reason is that if you expect to accommodate new players into this game it would be increasing hard for them to earn gold. For example: Locked farming hasn't been as good as it was in the old days when lockeds were a solid 10-12k.

Thoughts on this?

I disagree, because Yes, at the moment there is a HUGE economic failure, but this wouldnt help it, auction tax isn't really the problem. its all the mini events , locked decreases, double this, double that. etc.

najcomp
02-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Agree with the taxes part..

Kriticality
02-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Prices of items will probably never reach prices they once were. They will decrease until people can afford to buy them. For them to get back, there would have to be as much gold introduced as there was with plat farming.
My advice, buy things that you'll use for the time being rather than investing. It's not just rarity and usefulness that will drive the price up. People have to be able to afford it as well. Arcane rings and elon bows are half of what they were a couple of months ago. Heck, I bought an elon gun for 24M at Halloween. The thing that people don't understand is that items are only worth what people can and will pay for them. My prediction is that an arcane ring will never sell for 100M or even close to that again. Sam is 15M in CS. Everything is roughly half of what it was a few months ago.

Bellaelda
02-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Prices are just getting back to what people that don't farm plat can afford... I think that's a nice change... However I do agree that auction fees are far too high.

Greatankush
02-12-2015, 12:26 AM
I agree with the auction part 11k for listing something that wouldn't sell is not neat

Madnex
02-12-2015, 08:03 AM
No to fees applying after the item is sold. If that was the case people would list for unrealistically high prices and then get deals to sell the same or another one (if they had multiple) outside the auction at a lower price but still overpriced. There's no need for changes, it makes sense that people are saving up and not buying previous expansion items or gear from two events ago.

Hail
02-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Even seen "banana" bows are like 5m in cs nowadays lol.

Energizeric
02-12-2015, 01:13 PM
A couple of points I'll make as someone who has played Arcane Legends since the very beginning....

1) What raw said above is correct. Prices became ridiculous due to plat farming and we saw massive inflation. During season 3 when the first mythic and arcane items were released, the best arcane item (the rogue hooks weapon) was selling for 15-20m while the mythic helms were 3-5m. But by season 6, we were seeing arcane rings selling for 100m+ and the best mythic weapons selling for 25m+. It really was a bit absurd as even the most dedicated player would have no hope of ever saving up that much gold without spending some serious amounts of plat. Hopefully prices are returning to what they were in season 3, which I think is a good thing. I think we will continue to see a decline in prices of the most expensive items over the coming months.

2) What the OP said about people saving for the new expansion is true, and that too contributes to prices falling. However, this is perfectly normal and has happened at the end of every single season (except season 6 which had no new expansion) when the new expansion is coming.... As soon as the new gear is released for the new season, prices on those items will be very high and they will replace the older items as the best items on the price scale. Also, certain level 41 items will rebound in price if & when it is discovered that there is no level 46 item which is better. This happened to the level 36 mythic weapons when the last expansion was released.... prices fell before the expansion as people were anticipating new and better weapons, but when it was discovered that the best rogue & warrior weapons were still the level 36 mythics, prices on those items went back up to over 20m and stayed there for months.

darthdlo
02-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Ive heard this 4 2 years now

kona
02-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Rewards for quests and killing bosses should be more...hunting stuff for like 50 runs but not getting it really annoying...as for the stuff staying unsold in cs,people should put items as per the requirements and not based on lowest available price...#justmythoughtsonthisbecomingboringtoplayg ame

Dragoonclaws
02-18-2015, 01:32 AM
COOL FACTS:

+Auction is a feature used to sell your item

+Auction saves you time

+Auction grants you an extremely safe trade with anyone, anywhere, anytime.

+You can not force people to buy your item.

+Using the auctions uses in-game memory

+People spam the use of auction to sell cheap stuff for high prices, just a way to scam.

+Auction is safe.

+Then it needs a way to avoid you getting scammed

+The scammer pays money to scam

+Nobody wants to pay money

Result: People are forced to sell the item for a proper price... so someone would buy it while being offline. If they sell it for very high price, they lose money.

NOW, the game is NOT responsible for the variation of item value, and has NO effect on it. The community and ONLY the community set the price of items.

The question is, how the [insert something here] would a program distinguish between a good item, and a trash item?
-Legendaries, Mythics and Arcanes get no tax? (trash legendaries could then be sold for millions...)
-Legendaries, Mythics and Arcanes get lower tax? (trash legendaries could also reach very high values)
-Mythics and Arcane get lower tax? (maybe... but it means that rich people... keep getting richer since they pay lower taxes, and new players/noob player/poor players/myself/you pay higher taxes on items we need to make profits of)

I think that the actual tax system is very good. Low value items don't cost much to sell, with a minimum tax of 115 gold I think. The high value items are sold with high tax, because you're making money out of it... awesomely high amounts of gold are going in your pocket... if you sell it. That's pretty much why people are selling their highvaluable in towns. In fact, there are risks everwhere: Selling an item yourself, you risk getting scammed; selling it on auction, you risk not selling it. That's called life.

PS: notice I said that auction is safe... two times.. for a reason

Edit:

Note to farmers: If you're farming an item to sell it later, make sure that there are buyers... Market is all about supply and demand. The price rises when demand is higher then supply, and it goes down when supply is higher then demand. I am basically saying that you shouldn't farm a high value item that people don't want to buy. I am just pointing my finger to the dragonite bars farmed... expected to be sold for 2m+... nobody buys and value drops to 1.3m-1.6m. The event was meant for players to build their arcane ring easier, and faster.

Since there are always buyers, I will clear this:
Buyers: people who will buy an item for your expected price

epicrrr
02-18-2015, 04:22 AM
Its because of unrealistic price, now those who bought an item for 20m weeks ago wont sell below 18-20m - the problem is that item now is 13-15m or possibly lower 10m. It will take time for market "acceptable" price to gradually fall into "comfortable" territory; take time as in a very slow process.

*scenarios for a lot of items around that are collecting dust at cs or at someones inv.

Akatsuuki
02-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Not enough gold to circulate in market simple as that where all the taxes goes? How about if u purchase the gold suit(500k 1m and 10m) just imagine not enought gold drop the gold u waste on feeding pets or potions u use when go arena or elite ?? No one is stupid enought to purchase platinum and convert it directly into gold? Another factor is due to lack of chances in crates people tend not to open crates some may open u can get as much as 100k but what are the odds? Give it atleast 2 more months you ca purchase maul for just 3-5m or arcane ring for just 20m prices tend to get low due to I bet 1/3 of players had already quit, and soon more you can compair al to a third world country atm the market is going down and it's going down very fast I have a whim 3 weeks ago it's being sold for 20-22m now Im getting offers like 11m 13m 14m this is actually not good situation for arcane legends last dec samael is playing at 25-28m and not u can buy 1 for just 13-14m how Sts could find a good rmedy for this plat sale isn't an option or double the odds it will only make the market worst