PDA

View Full Version : Gold Harvesting in Plasma Pyramid - Optimal method

noneo
03-07-2011, 07:56 AM
EDIT: This will be updated to take GCD into consideration in the near future. Untill then, this is all for pre-GCD.

Since Plasma Pyramid is most likely the most mainstream dungeuon people farm for gold on, I decided to see if it was really worth all the hype to pass up gaining xp, for farming for gold there.

Keep in mind I went into plasma with zero pots, and harvested 25 of each, then stashed. You can harvest a ton of pots here as well and end up saving yourself a ton more. These pots were not amortized into the Gold/Hour calculation

A few things to note:

I used a level 52 pure int mage for all farming.
I soloed every run on a password protected map (to ensure validity of my results).
I broke every chest, even ones at the beginning.
For the "Killing NO Bosses" section, I ran through the entire map and killed every single mob except for the bosses/minibosses. So, out of a total 179 mobs on the countdown, I killed 174 (3 boss, 2 mini).
For the "Not even walking into boss/miniboss areas" section, I killed all mobs in the zig-zag areas, and then went straight into the (i call it the second room, it's the one leading to B'TOXX i believe (the tank version of the aliens)) room with just mobs and killed them as well. This led to me killing a total of 114 mobs.
For the liquidation section. I liquidated all drops green and under. This was added into the gold per hour calculation.
Time was recorded using time spent in the actual dungeon from first movement of my joystick, to final mob killed. (in seconds)

Below are my findings from my test of different methods farming Plasma Pyramid:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8253/findingsplasma.png

Analyzation:
First, we see that the mainstream was right, and this map is very profitable with max profit of about 63753 gold per hour. The second method, Killing NO bosses, was also rather profitable, but I would NOT recommend due to two reasons. One, you don't get any pink or purple drops, and two, it is VERY annoying trying to run through the mini bosses while the grab you and stop your movement. It's just honestly not worth the hastle. Also, I would recommended doing this map solo as you will make far more gold than with a group. In a group you split the gold between everyone, i.e. 62753/5 (for a full group) = 12550.6 gold per hour. The first method is not very profitable in gold, but you do get a lot of pinks and purples.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks.

edit: of course I cut off the average from the bottom stats. I'll fix that later.

Luchta
03-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Nicely done buddy. I only kill the marauders. Did I get the name right? Anyway, I kill up to the first boss and restart. I acquire around 4-4.3k gold per run which is around 3-4 minutes. That's roughly 76k gold per hour. So you made this one really really well and if there was a rep button, I'd click it. But then again, I'll just link this in my sig.

Oewaden
03-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow, very nice information to see! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Nice figures. :)

Are those gold/hour calculations including the small gaps in between like creating of new games? I always thought gold/hour was at about 50k, must have been mistaken :)

Good to know! Thanks :)

noneo
03-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Nice figures. :)

Are those gold/hour calculations including the small gaps in between like creating of new games? I always thought gold/hour was at about 50k, must have been mistaken :)

Good to know! Thanks :)

No they are not included. I actually went to forest haven after every run, then stashed all gold and pots. I didnt want to skew the data with this time. These numbers are only pertaining to actual time spent in the dungeon.

Thanks for the support and the link :)

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 08:38 AM
No they are not included. I actually went to forest haven after every run, then stashed all gold and pots. I didnt want to skew the data with this time. These numbers are only pertaining to actual time spent in the dungeon.

Thanks for the support and the link :)

True. If i could ask for an estimate to that additional hour spent in the dungeon, what would it be? 30 minutes more? If i do plan to stash my pots after the dungeon I mean.

Echelong
03-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Thats about right. Nice calculations. I've have been farming Plasma for quite sometime too. I do like to kill every enemy except the bosses because they take to much time and the pinks are not worth anything and with the mini bosses I train them while killing the mobs till they die eventually. My runs killing only the mini bosses take about 4-5 minutes netting about 3.8-5k. And farming pots really help on the long run.

noneo
03-07-2011, 08:57 AM
True. If i could ask for an estimate to that additional hour spent in the dungeon, what would it be? 30 minutes more? If i do plan to stash my pots after the dungeon I mean.

Ill do a few time studies and get you some data soon. Might take a bit cause im gonna check out the new AO town :p

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Ill do a few time studies and get you some data soon. Might take a bit cause im gonna check out the new AO town :p

Oh, you don't have to, thanks :) just wondering since you had the time to do it. :p

Luchta
03-07-2011, 09:03 AM
A reason why I still farm PP solo is simply because you can play while watching TV and enjoy killing with no lag. It's a great place to run to get some cash at hand to buy them gambling pots.

Echelong
03-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Elly from my experience with Plasma if you can get the runs completed between 4 to 4:30 and stash them you can net around 55-60k without breaks and 325-375 from each type of pot.

Also you could go to the first stage of AO2 there are about 140 mobs and only 1 boss no mini bosses and it can be done in less than 4min and it nets around 4k plus pots.

Ellyidol
03-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Elly from my experience with Plasma if you can get the runs completed between 4 to 4:30 and stash them you can net around 55-60k without breaks and 325-375 from each type of pot.

Also you could go to the first stage of AO2 there are about 140 mobs and only 1 boss no mini bosses and it can be done in less than 4min and it nets around 4k plus pots.

Alright, thanks! :)

wvhills
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
How do you farm pots? I am aware this may be a noob question. Lol.

Echelong
03-07-2011, 09:15 AM
How do you farm pots? I am aware this may be a noob question. Lol.

Go to the stash and stash all your pots. Then make a plasma pyramid run for example and mobs and chest will drop pots till you reach 25 of each type of pot. If you are in a group the pots will drop to the first person that gets inside the dungeon only.

Kalielle
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Wow! That's a lot of very careful data gathering. Thank you for putting this together!!

How do you farm pots?

As long as you have under 25 pots of each kind on you, you will randomly loot some from mobs and chests.

noneo
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Go to the stash and stash all your pots. Then make a plasma pyramid run for example and mobs and chest will drop pots till you reach 25 of each type of pot. If you are in a group the pots will drop to the first person that gets inside the dungeon only.

Exactly. Go into the mzp with zero, come out with 25 of each :)

wvhills
03-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Thanks! I didn't know that. Do you have to have zero pots for it to work? I farm there all the time and never noticed (but I usually keep 1000+ pots).

Edit: I just saw Kalielle response where you have to have less than 25 pots. :)
Thanks again! I'm learning something new all the time.

Riccits
03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
i think the future dungeons will be like BS: extreme money burner! in future we will c more and more ppl making runs in PP (i saw a 56 too in PP)
But to say the truth... more than a half hour is hard to resist... think thats just boring and game begins to be a "work"... and thats no fun..

Tengotengo
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree with Riccits in that farming is soooooooo boring. Those kind of profit numbers are very hard to argue with, however. When I hit 55, I'll be making my mage do that run, I think.

noneo
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
YA, I was saving up for my last piece of shadow, and doing this data collection actually made it way less boring lol.

Apostar
03-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Kudos!!! Nice info

IamBored
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
i think the future dungeons will be like BS: extreme money burner! in future we will c more and more ppl making runs in PP (i saw a 56 too in PP)
But to say the truth... more than a half hour is hard to resist... think thats just boring and game begins to be a "work"... and thats no fun..

It's not really money burner if you don't use pots. Don't get me wrong, the pots are nice and all but are optional. It's a luxury and as we all know we gotta pay extra for luxury.

Tengotengo
03-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I've only been using pots for the last couple of days because I want to hit 55 NAO, but the money is pretty slow coming in BS. The only way to make anything is the random pink or a 51-53 item that can be sold.

I wonder what the devs think about these uses for their designs? I assume they're hardcore gamers, so some of this had to be sort of planned, ya think?

Riccits
03-07-2011, 11:50 AM
It's not really money burner if you don't use pots. Don't get me wrong, the pots are nice and all but are optional. It's a luxury and as we all know we gotta pay extra for luxury.

I talked about geneal, money amout of all PLers is sinking in average. Theorically PL dont needs much money...

MoonYeol
03-07-2011, 11:57 AM
The thing is that running anything thats higher lvl than plasma will result in a lower net gain in gold. Sewers is almost +/- 0 if you need to buy regular potions. Trials is ok gold gain but if you want to get more gold/h in a safe way, you should go to plasma.

drewcapu
03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I farm pots when I'm hosting BS runs :)
In BS, if you wanted to take the ~10s to transfer pots to a friend, you can theoretically gain around 75/75 pots in a lot of BS dungeons. Pots drop *really* fast.

Yeah, I think time in between runs needs to be put into your calcs to get a true gold/hr figure. By the time an hour is exhausted, the time you take stashing can mean one or two more runs perhaps.

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
BS does not require that many pots and is not that expensive unless you CHOOSE to spend a lot for elixirs. I've only experienced minimal pot expense and I only occasionally use elixirs. I usually get lots of xp just doing quests and killing bosses. The biggest obstacle to xp'ing is, I think, lack of playing time.

I have a 55, 54 and a 51 and I'm not sure I've spent more than maybe 400k on pots/elixirs. I started each on 50-100k gold, about 1k pots of each type (sorry drew!) and each still has good enough gold to do lots of run if I want them to. Not to mention in low level farming, it's always a good idea to dump pots in stash first. I also sometimes use cheaper elixirs vs the expensive ones and I'm still leveling awfully fast, even with all the goofing off in lower levels.

Zerious
03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm very glad to see a guide like this. I'll definitely have to link this to my workshop for Twink players to farm for much needed gear money :) thanks a bunch Noneo

noneo
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm very glad to see a guide like this. I'll definitely have to link this to my workshop for Twink players to farm for much needed gear money :) thanks a bunch Noneo

Thanks a lot! I'd would be honored to be linked :P

Keohike
03-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Nice nice nice very nicely done, i love it, brilliant, keep up the good work. Now would you be interested if i commissioned you to do other runs. If you are plz pm me thanks. :)

Prest87
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
What do u think i should farm with lvl50 archer or lvl47 pally

noneo
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Nice nice nice very nicely done, i love it, brilliant, keep up the good work. Now would you be interested if i commissioned you to do other runs. If you are plz pm me thanks. :)

hmmm.. I am quite intrigued.. but I work for free, so no need for commision. (unless you want to pay me with a shadow shield, it's all i'm missing from my set :)

What do u think i should farm with lvl50 archer or lvl47 pally

I'm not a bird expert, but i would say go with that. They do tons of damage at higher levels. 47 Pally just isn't high enough in my opinion to blow through the pyramid with ease. Physiologic will agree with me i'm sure :p

however, it also depends on what you are wearing.

Prest87
03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
hmmm.. I am quite intrigued.. but I work for free, so no need for commision. (unless you want to pay me with a shadow shield, it's all i'm missing from my set :)

I'm not a bird expert, but i would say go with that. They do tons of damage at higher levels. 47 Pally just isn't high enough in my opinion to blow through the pyramid with ease. Physiologic will agree with me i'm sure :p

however, it also depends on what you are wearing.

My bird has full void bow set and pally has 45thoth set
But isn't pally faster because of AOE attacks

Keohike
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
ah sorry just got a shadow set, so cant help u there :(

noneo
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
My bird has full void bow set and pally has 45thoth set
But isn't pally faster because of AOE attacks

Honestly, it depends how you actually play. I can blow through the entire level without using a pot on my 52 pure int-chantress. (wear shadow armor, and laser wand). I was running keeper up from 45-50 and found that I was having to spam pot at some instances. (I assume plasma is somewhat comperable).

I just think that a bird is a little more safe than a 47 mage.

Any bird experts care to chime in? (I'm just repeating what I've read on forums)

ah sorry just got a shadow set, so cant help u there :(

Meh, it was worth a try lol. What work did you have in mind?

Prest87
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Honestly, it depends how you actually play. I can blow through the entire level without using a pot on my 52 pure int-chantress. (wear shadow armor, and laser wand). I was running keeper up from 45-50 and found that I was having to spam pot at some instances. (I assume plasma is somewhat comperable).

I just think that a bird is a little more safe than a 47 mage.

Any bird experts care to chime in? (I'm just repeating what I've read on forums)

It's a pally remember not mage, more armor

noneo
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
It's a pally remember not mage, more armor

You're right! I totally overlooked that, sorry. I would say go with the pally, that way you get some experience on the mage. If you seem to be going through more pots than you are harvesting, then switch to bird. Also, jsut do a quick run through with both, and time your run. Whichever is faster/better, go with that (runs take from 3:20 - 12:00 depending on what method you choose. 3:20 for killing no bosses, and 12:00 for killing everything)

Prest87
03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
You're right! I totally overlooked that, sorry. I would say go with the pally, that way you get some experience on the mage. If you seem to be going through more pots than you are harvesting, then switch to bird. Also, jsut do a quick run through with both, and time your run. Whichever is faster/better, go with that (runs take from 3:20 - 12:00 depending on what method you choose. 3:20 for killing no bosses, and 12:00 for killing everything)

I plan to kill just mobs and I actually overlooked the fact that my pally would also get exp.

noneo
03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
I plan to kill just mobs and I actually overlooked the fact that my pally would also get exp.

ya, my vote goes for the pally

Keohike
03-07-2011, 03:19 PM
i wud like you to do crush keeper, shadow cave lol

noneo
03-07-2011, 03:32 PM
i wud like you to do crush keeper, shadow cave lol

i was planning on doing keeper next. Recording, xp, gold, drops etc. Shadow Cave on the other hand, I'm not sure about (to be honest I've never even stepped foot in that dungeon lol)

Zerious
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
shadows are kind of an elite map, make sure you're with a great group

MITSUISUN
03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Very nice guide, thank you very much!
I just started doing plasma runs recently while golding/potting/exping etc.

I too thought about recording time and comparing with classes, to see which is most efficient in terms of killing/clearing fastest.

Nontheless, great guide !

noneo
03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
shadows are kind of an elite map, make sure you're with a great group

Hmmm.. A group will definitely create variance in the results. I get the best data when doing solo runs, I may have to plan that one out more than usual.

I always here about the caves. Are they any good?

Keohike
03-07-2011, 08:36 PM
rare drops, pretty hard monsters and bosses but has the shadow set. Wud u be interested in making a guide of prices of things i wud love to explain in more detail, pm if ur interested. Thanks

Joshooaaa
03-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Nicely done! Thanks for taking the time! Another reason I love doing all these new AO quests.... $$ BS and Shadow have taken a toll on my bankroll.

Kossi
03-07-2011, 11:35 PM
So how much did oreii make off of killing 500,000 mobs?

noneo
03-08-2011, 12:43 AM

Well. If it was all done in plasma pyramid with my optimal method (not killing bosses) then he killed 114 mobs each round. (500,000/114) * 3624 (average gold per round) = $15,894,736.84. Meh, child's play.

aluxuryhoggy
03-08-2011, 12:54 AM
haha that guy is crazy.. anyone ever see him before?

P.S. PRAVO! love this helps a ton so excited i am gonna try and make 1mil from this..!

giayuan
03-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Great! Ive been wondering this for quite a time now..

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 02:37 AM

I don't know if it would differ if he did it in another map, since I'm almost sure that he didn't do it in Plasma. :)

noneo
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't know if it would differ if he did it in another map, since I'm almost sure that he didn't do it in Plasma. :)

Ya I figured as much, just thought it would be fun to guess. But even if he did other maps, selling pinks and high level drops probably made him even more cash cash.

CowboyJim
03-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree with Riccits, though. I've never really farmed gold just to farm gold. I farmed pots while hunting vyxnaar or doing crafting runs at the lower levels.....just sold stuff I've looted and tried to wait til prices come down on new stuff before I buy.....the new AO town looks cool though.....but thanks for making the guide. Now when noobs ask me for money, I'll point them to your guide.....

ONEQUICKNINJA
03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey what about farming in the crush the keeper dungeon can you do a chart, with the amount of gold you can get in one hour.

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Ya I figured as much, just thought it would be fun to guess. But even if he did other maps, selling pinks and high level drops probably made him even more cash cash.

True.

Btw, on your most optimal run, did you do the long hallway + the one room full of Djinn mobs only and end there? (Not going into room with a Lesser Djinn).

I did a few runs until that room only, and I got up to 4.5k and in 180 seconds, doing the math it'd be roughly 80-90k/hour. Not sure on which mini-bosses you skipped though.

noneo
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
True.

Btw, on your most optimal run, did you do the long hallway + the one room full of Djinn mobs only and end there? (Not going into room with a Lesser Djinn).

I did a few runs until that room only, and I got up to 4.5k and in 180 seconds, doing the math it'd be roughly 80-90k/hour. Not sure on which mini-bosses you skipped though.

Yes, I ran through all of the winding corridors up until the path splits into two. I went to the right (the room with just mobs, no minibosses) and killed that room then ended.

You are probably just better than me :P

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes, I ran through all of the winding corridors up until the path splits into two. I went to the right (the room with just mobs, no minibosses) and killed that room then ended.

You are probably just better than me :P

Ah thought so. The Lesser Djinn is just annoying, having to trail it down and such.

Nah, can't be. I barely use my mage and if so, only to do this. Lol

aluxuryhoggy
03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
how much has anyone actually made of pp?

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 05:51 PM
800k here. My average run is 199 seconds.

tonyhawk0987
03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
wish i had plasma pyramid but the bad thing is that my mom wont even let me download the free aps to get platnium i dont even have 1 plat wish i had all the maps my only wish one and for all

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
wish i had plasma pyramid but the bad thing is that my mom wont even let me download the free aps to get platnium i dont even have 1 plat wish i had all the maps my only wish one and for all

I think you can download them, just open them, and delete them. You still get your plat.

Thats what I do to those apps I don't find a use for from TapJoy wall.

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
If he's on droid, then the mom can track it. Theres a app for that on there and mothers so unfortionently stumble upon them.

Ellyidol
03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
If he's on droid, then the mom can track it. Theres a app for that on there and mothers so unfortionently stumble upon them.

Oh, not familiar with droid. Heh.

Sounds like a good idea, some sort of parental control. Surprised I haven't noticed Apple having one.

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Cuz apple doesn't, legally anyways :P. I am still a apple junkie, but apple constricts the ipod like a prison constricts its inmates.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Someone should make an elaborate guide on what to do when group farming. I think it can be very beneficial. The Gold rates from mobs are the same when rolling with a party. Drop rates are individually based so that isn't affected by party either. The faster the runs, the bigger the gold flow.

All i do is the first zigzag, the room after it, the second-smaller-zigzag, go straight-avoiding the room of aliens and LD- and clear the room of Marauders before the Tank Alien room. Remake and repeat. All Marauder mobs, no bosses or minis. It's the fastest way to go for me and pots are not an object

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Someone should make an elaborate guide on what to do when group farming. I think it can be very beneficial. The Gold rates from mobs are the same when rolling with a party. Drop rates are individually based so that isn't affected by party either. The faster the runs, the bigger the gold flow.

All i do is the first zigzag, the room after it, the second-smaller-zigzag, go straight-avoiding the room of aliens and LD- and clear the room of Marauders before the Tank Alien room. Remake and repeat. It's the fastest way to go for me

Gold drops ARE group based. It is impossible to get a 100 gold drop off a chest or a 245 gold drop off a d'Jinn, if there is more than one person in the room. The best gold drop rates are solo, two people cuts it down more than 50%, then idk how it cuts down with 3-5.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Gold drops ARE group based. It is impossible to get a 100 gold drop off a chest or a 245 gold drop off a d'Jinn, if there is more than one person in the room. The best gold drop rates are solo, two people cuts it down more than 50%, then idk how it cuts down with 3-5.

Chests aren't the main source tho. I got 70s off of some mobs-the main source- while leveling a friend's alt, and this was in a full party. You sure it's 50%? I'm not convinced...

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Chests aren't the main source tho. I got 70s off of some mobs-the main source- while leveling a friend's alt, and this was in a full party. You sure it's 50%? I'm not convinced...

pretty positive. The average solo run is 3-6k gold. I tried with a partner, and I was getting anywhere from 700-1.5k gold per run and potion drops stopped. Potions will only drop solo.

Joshooaaa
03-16-2011, 01:00 AM
actually, Pots only drop to the host. Doesn't seem to matter how many ppl are in the group.

Redbridge
03-16-2011, 01:16 AM
actually, Pots only drop to the host. Doesn't seem to matter how many ppl are in the group.

agreed, and if you are farming with a trusted friend to can give pots to them, when ur up to 25, to save time on dumping them back on stash each time. They soon stack up then.... and easily shared at the end.

Riccits
03-16-2011, 02:37 AM

Not sooooo true! :)

when ur the host u will get pots ok. BUT when u die and respawn the guy wich joined 2nd in the party will get all pots from now and ur 5th in those virtual list.

Necrobane
03-16-2011, 04:30 AM
No way, never knew that....Thanks Riccits :)

noneo
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM

I can back this up. I did some runs after my data collection with friends (the run without any minibosses or bosses) and I was generally getting around 3000 gold / the amount of people in the group. So if it was 2 of us, I would average 1.5k, 3 people I would average 1k, etc.

Like the others have said, you harvest pots if you are the host, but also, you can even get pots when you are not host. If someone else hosts the game, and you enter second, and the host dies, you will receive all of the pots. But when you die, then the third person will receive the pots.

azulflame
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
in your chart, did you stack the liquadations, or did you just make more on each consectuve run? if you stacked them, then your gold per hour would be higher than it actually was, and it looks like you stacked them.

i'll post what it would have been in a while. I have homework to do that my parents want me to do now.

noneo
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Before every run. I went and stashed all of my gold and potions. Then I would make a new solo PP game, complete that, and record the following:

Time taken to complete the run
Amount of Potions colelcted, mana and health.
amount of gold collected.
Then, I would liquidate all of the green, orange, white, and gray drops. Then record the amount.

I added up the gold collected per round, and the liquidation gold I earned per round, added that together, and that became my gold harvested per round.

arvinlennard
04-18-2011, 06:58 AM
yo folks!! im wondering if you are using a fully equipped mage coz i tried my lvl 51 mage to have a few runs in plasma pyramid but im having a hard time to kill all mobs. My mage have now orange gemstone equips but still its hard to do runs solo

GELLIO77
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
But... with five ppl u should complete the map faster, no? that way you could make more money if you can clear map in a matter of minutes.

Ayrilana
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
You get less gold and someone can clear just as fast as a group if they know what they're doing

Mikeylito
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Interesting... Try doing this now and see if you get same results because of the plasma pyramid nerf

Hankomachos
04-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Very informative! :)

Whirlzap
04-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice guide!
I get 60k-80k gold per hour at plasma with a fast and good party killing every mob
(Assuming that I sell pinks for 3k each)

Camsterhamsta
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Wow very great guide man. :). How long did it take to put this masterpiece together?

azulflame
05-07-2011, 12:31 PM
You need to factor in GCD now

Angrybird
05-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Great thread! Thanks for going through and experimenting

justinwei
11-09-2011, 04:27 AM
sorry, i am a newbie here.
i was trying to soloed at PP with not even walking into boss method and i just earn 1.3k instead of 2.5k shown above.
how to earn around 2.5k above per run? or i missed out something?

wvhills
11-10-2011, 10:18 AM
sorry, i am a newbie here.
i was trying to soloed at PP with not even walking into boss method and i just earn 1.3k instead of 2.5k shown above.
how to earn around 2.5k above per run? or i missed out something?

This is an older post. The amount of gold you got here has been lessened since the original posting. You won't get as much in plasma pyramid anymore. :(

WhoIsThis
11-11-2011, 07:58 PM
You will only get perhaps 30k an hour now from Plasma. It no longer justifies the amount of time to farm.

justinwei
11-13-2011, 10:50 PM
thanks robert and whoisthis clarification.

Eyesharp
11-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow nice job did this hurt your brain?

Ellyidol
12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Small bump.

With all these new elixirs, a lot more are probably running Plasma P.

Any new experiences from the OP awhile back? Any noticed changes to gold drop, etc?

CrimsonTider
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I spend about 30 min in PP a night (part of my new rotation.) If I remember I will make sure to clear out my gold before I begin and give a first run amount and how much earned after 30 min.

Montanabro
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I spend about 30 min in PP a night (part of my new rotation.) If I remember I will make sure to clear out my gold before I begin and give a first run amount and how much earned after 30 min.

Thanks! Looking forward to this info.

Montanabro
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Although Plasma is giving less gold per run, is it still the most profitable place to farm gold?

CrimsonTider
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I forgot to come back and post... lol!

In a PP run with one other person, I made exactly 1980 gold and we did not clear the level (was a "typical" xp type run.) This run took approximately 2 min and neither of us were potted (me bear and other bird, both 66.)

Soooooo: 2k x 30 = 60k (not 15k.) This was only 2/3 of the level and not including selling the 3k pinks.

Montanabro
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I forgot to come back and post... lol!

In a PP run with one other person, I made exactly 1980 gold and we did not clear the level (was a "typical" xp type run.) This run took approximately 2 min and neither of us were potted (me bear and other bird, both 66.)

Soooooo: 2k x 30 = 15k. This was only 2/3 of the level and not including selling the 3k pinks.

Yikes. It has really dropped off since when this thread started. Is there a more profitable place to farm gold? Thanks for sharing.

CrimsonTider
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Check out my edit... I be so dumb sometimes. ;)

Montanabro
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM

happens to the best of us! I'm going to solo this for a couple hours tonight or tomorrow; I'll post the results here.

Montanabro
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM

What class did you use? Ill be using int Mage. The difference in class, if there is one, may matter.

WhoIsThis
12-13-2011, 03:48 AM

Odd ... and higher than expected. Need to test myself, but that is indeed interesting.

Edit:

Soloing over a period of 3 minutes, I got 1509 gold and 3 drops. Hmm ... it may be that mages have a smaller portion of kills with their main weapon? Or more drops with 2 people?

Montanabro
12-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Odd ... and higher than expected. Need to test myself, but that is indeed interesting.

Edit:

Soloing over a period of 3 minutes, I got 1509 gold and 3 drops. Hmm ... it may be that mages have a smaller portion of kills with their main weapon? Or more drops with 2 people?

3 minutes is a very small sample size. I'd try at least an hour.

Arterra
12-13-2011, 06:50 AM
What class did you use? Ill be using int Mage. The difference in class, if there is one, may matter.

the most damage to the most amount of mobs? yes, a staff wielding mage is the best choice.

CrimsonTider
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I was on my bear and friend on bird (both 66)... slicing, smashing ninjas!

I can't do it tonight but maybe tomorrow I can do a couple of hours of farming there and post my results. I can stash all my gold and start from zero.

Shellkaz
12-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Nuts I can't remember the exact map, but it's in AO2. I think either 3 or 4. But it has a long path leading to a small clearing. Anubis is the boss in it. If u run just the path, kill mobs, and open chests, it has a pretty good yield. I think I got close to 2k or a bit over on just the trail. I'll be doing some more research and come back with better details unless someone beats me to it. :-)

Ok i was wrong it's the full run of chariots of the goons. Forgot I was helping a guild mate with a quest . Sigh I had high hopes. Plasma still has the highest yield for pots and gold.

Jsaieagle
12-14-2011, 06:35 AM

Plasma Pyramid is a free map in AO2

WhoIsThis
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
3 minutes is a very small sample size. I'd try at least an hour.

Tested again; same result - busy for a few days; will test when I have the time.