PDA

View Full Version : void gear vs. lvl 51 gear

wvhills
03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I'm currently playing mostly in BS with void gear. Most of the drops I've been getting are for lvl 55. I do have lvl 51 armor and bow but these all lower my armor and regen while boosting my damage and dps. I only lack 200 xp til 51 and was wondering if I should use 51 gear or stick with void? I haven't seen any lvl 53 stuff. I'm wishing for CTK drop rates! Lol.

BeefyMeat
03-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I stuck with Void until 52, and then mixed in some 53 gear after that, along with some death stuff and void stuff. It's really mix and match that gets the best balance after 52 I think.

Physiologic
03-07-2011, 10:53 AM
If you want to be more useful to your party, put away your Void gear and don your lv 51 gear. Especially Bagman's, since that set gives you the biggest damage/DPS/crit boost. If you're having trouble surviving, mix it with Drainer's or Henchman's.

FluffNStuff
03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
If you want to be more useful to your party, put away your Void gear and don your lv 51 gear. Especially Bagman's, since that set gives you the biggest damage/DPS/crit boost. If you're having trouble surviving, mix it with Drainer's or Henchman's.

Agreed (of course). Switched to bagman on my level 51 bird. Expensive of course since the regen is low so I need to stock pots, but I am putting out some serious damage and crits!

wvhills
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok, thanks! I want to help the party. I'm not really concerned to much about the armor because it seems like the mages are REALLY good about keeping me healed. I'll try to find some bagmans. I'm not really sure what I have right now, there's so many different sets.

Plus I have a ring that increases my armor. I have on that increases my damage and dps but I've been wearing the armor one in the sewers.

Doubletime
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Watch the level of the party members if you want to try and get level 51 or 53 drops. If you have a 54 or 55 level person in the party, the drops are going to be level 55. The drop level is dependent on the highest level person in the party.

Dalonewolf
03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I have a lvl 53 raid recurve if you cant find one

wvhills
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Watch the level of the party members if you want to try and get level 51 or 53 drops. If you have a 54 or 55 level person in the party, the drops are going to be level 55. The drop level is dependent on the highest level person in the party.

Thanks! I didn't know that! It's hard not to find a game with a higher level. I'll start some with my friends though!

wvhills
03-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I have a lvl 53 raid recurve if you cant find one

thanks! I'll keep that in mind! I do know I have a recurve, I just have to check what lvl it is.

iVash
03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Crit and dps, screw the rest :D

BeefyMeat
03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
incorrect iVash....then you would be leading him to use a dagger, which is crap.

depending on who you talk to, stick with ranged, personally I use a bow or an auto-bow depending on whats available when I have gold. DPS is misleading because it doesn't take armor into consideration. So, if an enemy has 40 armor, and your dagger does 50 damage, every hit will do around 10 damage. Now, same enemy, but with a 150 damage bow, your avg hit will be 110. Yes, a dagger will hit about 2 times the amount as a bow, but what's better, 10 twice or 110 once?

Crit is very important, you are right about that, as I have found myself doing WAY more damage with the full raid roach set than I did with any mixture because of the 43 base crit %.

Zerious
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Full survivability: Drainer's
Full damage: Bagman's
Full aoe damage: Bagman's with death shotgun

wvhills
03-07-2011, 12:51 PM

it seems like Bagman's is what everyone is saying for damage. Since I want to be a death dealer that's what I'm going with. Lol. Unfortunately I don't have any of yet so I'm going to be farming pp until further notice! Jk, I'll probably split time between pp and hosting bs games with other 51's hoping for drops!

Zerious
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
it seems like Bagman's is what everyone is saying for damage. Since I want to be a death dealer that's what I'm going with. Lol. Unfortunately I don't have any of yet so I'm going to be farming pp until further notice! Jk, I'll probably split time between pp and hosting bs games with other 51's hoping for drops!

drops are likely, but for gold, definitely pure mob ppyr runs are the best. :)

Royce
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM

Wait the shotgun does AOE damage?!?! I mean that makes sense, I just never heard that. If so, it's gotta be the best choice for clearing, then switch to a recurve or whatever on bosses. I mean lower damage sure, but lower damage multiplied by numerous targets is still much better overall. Though I suppose it would have the same issues as AOE staffs in BS which can be dangerous to ones self and party in certain areas and against some bosses.

Zerious
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Wait the shotgun does AOE damage?!?! I mean that makes sense, I just never heard that. If so, it's gotta be the best choice for clearing, then switch to a recurve or whatever on bosses. I mean lower damage sure, but lower damage multiplied by numerous targets is still much better overall. Though I suppose it would have the same issues as AOE staffs in BS which can be dangerous to ones self and party in certain areas and against some bosses.

the Aoe isn't the best, but it's there. The shockwaves are misleading, but it has maybe a 1-2m radius from the target to deal about 75% of the damage dealt to the targeted mob. Not sure on the exact statistics, that's Physio's field.