PDA

View Full Version : Official Oasis Towne Feedback Thread

Justg
03-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Please let us know your thoughts on Oasis Towne, quests, etc. in this thread... thanks!

Conradin
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM
It needs a waterfall and more stuff

Justg
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Very helpful feedback Conradin, thanks!

Major
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Looks awesome, new dailys, lots of quests and....mysterious weapon recipe....better buy two lol!

Apostar
03-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Just awesome; add watering holes and some camels lol. Thanks for the additional quests

Zerious
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
idk if it's just me, but new music would be cool for the towne. The music is different for these dungeons, so why not do the same for the townes? :D idk I'm a very musically appreciative player here :)

Riccits
03-07-2011, 12:46 PM
theres a invisible wall
and another recipe with plat :-/

Suntv
03-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, an invisible wall. Perhaps lvl 56 only?

Riccits
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
new armors arend bad ;)

Wrap
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Whoohoo sweet! Can't wait to get questing.

A waterfall in center needs to be added, and name color changed to an easier more visible color. Some more features and "objects" added to the museum would be nice also, it's a bit empty (maybe add some mummies on display and some random display cases ect..) :)

Physiologic
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Mystical and I were looking for an NPC shoppe and could not find one. Since Alien Oasis is a very potion-consuming campaign, can there be an NPC shoppe like Ellie's in Forest Haven? I.e., potions that are bought in bulk are discounted.

Either that or we somehow missed it :D

Kindread
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Are we still due for any updates to Balefort and content from Balefort?

noneo
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
First person to solo Vicious Visitors!!! and first to get the L50 Enchantress Mystery Helm!!! anyone wanna buy :)

superglut2
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
First person to solo Vicious Visitors!!! and first to get the L50 Enchantress Mystery Helm!!! anyone wanna buy :)

How u kniw ur thhe first? :D

Ayrilana
03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
He was likely joking.

Lesrider
03-07-2011, 01:34 PM
The pink names are hard to read on the sandy background.
Otherwise, having fun (despite the enormous amounts of lag).
Nice to have a reason to explore AO again, and curious about the new gear.

Kindread
03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Anyone know the name of the shopkeeper in the new town? I want to see the new item sets and recipes.

noneo
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
How u kniw ur thhe first? :D

Because I logged in the instant the update got loaded, and I was the third person to step foot in Alien Oasis Town. I ran to that quest, soloed vicious Visitors, and got the Helm. I don't see how anyone could have beat me :p

Junside
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
It's big. That's my first impression. Probably will get used to everything being distanced.

There's a ton of space so I assume a lot more will be added.

And adding to the waterfall idea, maybe a hidden dungeon like the grates in other townes behind the waterfall? :D

Conradin
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
love the new quests justg. but there needs too be a little more there like shops, mini game, and some more grass. it is an oasis afterall. also plat for recipe. arent you sneaky. ;( overall im satisfied- almost

Royce
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Add a road between oasis town and frost town. It seems abrupt and silly that you are walking through a desert and all of a sudden your in a frozen, snowy area. Add a road like the one between Fort Blackstone and Glumdoll, maybe with a walk in dungeon on the way, something to transition from sand to rock or grass to ice ;)

Edit: I almost forgot, gratz on getting all the towns done. It might not seem like a big deal to some, but to those who remember when Forest Haven was the town for all campaigns, it's pretty significant :)

KaotiicxDream
03-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Hmm... Nice towne love it !! But know is need to do 30 ao quests more , 12 BS quests and 1 frozen nightmare quest.. OMG im busy .. But very nice towne actually the only thing the game missed ;-) Keep up the good work SpacetimeStudios ;-)

nazgulking
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
In swamp towne there is still the wall blocking the way to oasis towne, as someone said there is an invisible wall before portal to ao2. I missed the shopkeeper as well. The color of map/names is hurtful for the eyes. Museum seems a bit empty. Apart from this i love new towne :) (i would like a waterfall as Well :D)

Lesrider
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I would suggest that npcs who have a quest for you or you have a quest to turn in to them, should be a different colOr on the map. The town is so big, that I find myself walking all over the place to find a certain npc. Would be nice to be able to find him on the map instead of going dizzy searching.

Prest87
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Isn't this type of thread usually found in General Discussion where more people will see it?

A dev made the thread to show that the town was out and looking for feedback which is why it's under announcements.

Royce
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Isn't this type of thread usually found in General Discussion where more people will see it?

Yes, except the official PvP feedback thread which was in the PvP section.

KaotiicxDream
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I like the color of the name (pink) and a guy shouting "I'm legendary and rare! My name is Pink!" ;-D

Prest87
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Add a road between oasis town and frost town. It seems abrupt and silly that you are walking through a desert and all of a sudden your in a frozen, snowy area. Add a road like the one between Fort Blackstone and Glumdoll, maybe with a walk in dungeon on the way, something to transition from sand to rock or grass to ice ;)

Edit: I almost forgot, gratz on getting all the towns done. It might not seem like a big deal to some, but to those who remember when Forest Haven was the town for all campaigns, it's pretty significant :)

What about Skeller... But ya i remember when there was 1 town, no stash, no gifting, no trade, no quests and no pvp PL has come a long way!
Overall a nice new town but for how big it is there should be more npcs, also nice new set of quests

drewcapu
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I would suggest that npcs who have a quest for you or you have a quest to turn in to them, should be a different colOr on the map. The town is so big, that I find myself walking all over the place to find a certain npc. Would be nice to be able to find him on the map instead of going dizzy searching.

NPCs are a slightly darker shade of blue than normal players.

Or, are you saying any NPC which has a yellow ? or ! should be a different color from the NPCs with either a grey ? or no punctuation at all?

Cmandial
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
The new quest weapons, or at least the staff (only one I've seen) are probably the worse level 50 pinks I've ever seen. The staff is also melee ranged. I spent 15 plat buying all of the recipes, and I would like to see that I got my money's worth. Other than that great town!

Lesrider
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
NPCs are a slightly darker shade of blue than normal players.

Or, are you saying any NPC which has a yellow ? or ! should be a different color from the NPCs with either a grey ? or no punctuation at all?

Yep, the second one.

Snakespeare
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
So far I have not found an underground mini-dungeon. Maybe I just can't see it?

Tamasaurus
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
What's up with the empty museum?? It's like going to the library to find there's no books, and when you ask the librarian what's up she says "I got an idea for a book, but it's gonna cost ya..."

Seems like an terrible waste to me, hope to see more stuff in there. How about a display of different armor or weapons? Or just decoration? Anything?

mcyto
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
The pink names are definitely hard to read but I think it's nice. It's certainly a change from the normal color. Something about it screams out saying "I'm exciting!" :p

jbreezy
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
is the mystery set items all given by quest? and if not who drops the weapons? thx

Norbert
03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
This is an awesome town. I really loved AO when I got to it the first time. I think people who encounter this as they are progressing through the game are in for a real treat. I will actually like to play this with my kids when the reach 40-something.

On iPad with it set to High Quality AO is fantastic. Can't wait for iPad 2 so I can use HQ even in harder areas (an never switch on pixel double again -- tyvm Shadow Caves).

Anyway, great job!

FluffNStuff
03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
What's up with the empty museum?? It's like going to the library to find there's no books, and when you ask the librarian what's up she says "I got an idea for a book, but it's gonna cost ya..."

Seems like an terrible waste to me, hope to see more stuff in there. How about a display of different armor or weapons? Or just decoration? Anything?

Alien Tech. All of the books are stored on a single micro chip. Unfortunately its checked out at the moment and is not expected back for 14 days, but feel free to add your self to the waiting list ;)

Diodge
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
android... When you zone into sewers areas. Its missing the description to the area...tap to continue window

Pinsk18
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Where is our WATERFALL!?

StompArtist
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Where is our WATERFALL!?

With the Squirrels :(

Pinsk18
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Well what is it doing there!?

Unknownpowerz
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Yea it's all nice too me anything new for this game is awesome.but the lag in this new add on is incredible please fix it.also just fix the stats on the new gear there paying for.and pls maybe new sets for 35 pvp lol my name is seriouspowers come and fight at 35 anytime add me I love the fight.but I like everything ya do and the pink colors is alright to me I feel like camron the rapper.

Atila the nun
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Are the mysterious crafted items tradeable or stashable?

Engelhard
03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Thank all of you guys @ Pocket Legends.........it seems like I cant get enough and yall just keep making it better and better

Pinsk18
03-07-2011, 04:59 PM
the new towne is awesome. (still think we need a waterfall)

icantgetkills
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
it is cool all the different links to campaigns many quests just need more things waterfalls camels

Snub
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Good update, nice work!
I welcome all the new quests but at the same time im a little tired of running quests which i gain 0 XP for...

If i was a new person all the added quests are great!

As a guy who is... "Established", i find these guests to be an X against my perfect quest log! Frankly these quests are a burden to complete because i gain nothing more than a # on my description. I think i will just pay the cash to hide my stats and be done with the quests.

Zeus
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I just want my turban! I want to get my Indianness on! Please Developers if you add a vanity turban, I will love you forever and buy more plat THIS INSTANT! :p

giayuan
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Great job STS!!! i love it! im sure everyone luvs it too! awesome quest, great rewards and MOAR CRAFTING :D
And also glad to find that not liquidating the forest haven crafting components was a great decision

Kossi
03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Great towne! I love the size of it, but there are some defects

1)name of players is hard to see in sand
2) plat for recipes?!
3) no waterfall ;(
4) no minigame
5) no vendor or shopkeeper
6) empty museum...
7) invisible wall?

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Thought Forest Haven recipes started out needing plat also.

Are there hot springs? Me wants hot springs! And camels! If there are, ignore me, cause I haven't logged in today yet :) I'm looking forward to being blinded though...

EDIT: Cool, so I've started doing quests. I like it. I'll have to run a character that's not 50+ through there though. It'd be nice to have some other stuff in town. I also like town plazas and this one doesn't have one... Over all, lots of stuff to do, so very cool.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Too much, too soon.

Lesrider
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Do any of the new items actually LOOK new?
I was hoping the alien skulls and fiber optics would lead to some cool-looking equipment, but alas it seems to be a copy of the cyber armor :(

Sanatorium
03-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Must... provide... stash.
I'm a stash addict, haha :p.
Other than that I'm loving the quests and items, great town :).

Zeus
03-07-2011, 11:41 PM
This towne also created a pretty big bug. Just want to let you guy's know.

People can enter Balefort Sewers without paying for it!

TwinkTastical
03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Heres my feedback which wont be read due to its lateness.

I think we need turban vanity hats... We really do.
I think we need a mosque.
I think we need new AO Drops, (1-2) Not trials.
I think we ALSO need, To thank the devs for the hawt new ****! No pun intended.

asommers
03-08-2011, 12:59 AM
This towne also created a pretty big bug. Just want to let you guy's know.

People can enter Balefort Sewers without paying for it!

This is now fixed.

-ALS

drewcapu
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Gurgox spelled wrong in Big Fat Purple Diamond quest.

Slush
03-08-2011, 01:38 AM
no more rehashing of old items please
maybe the towne can be a little smaller, and perhaps more clarity with crafting, as i still dont really know what to do after collecting all the items from the quest

Slush
03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Heres my feedback which wont be read due to its lateness.

I think we need turban vanity hats... We really do.
I think we need a mosque.
I think we need new AO Drops, (1-2) Not trials.
I think we ALSO need, To thank the devs for the hawt new ****! No pun intended.

hahahaha turban vanities, that made my day

Zipponator
03-08-2011, 04:08 AM
I have two suggestions that will make oasis town awsome. The first is to custimize it alot more than has been done , for example add heaps of trees ( like in the various dungeons ) and add a waterfall amd little lakes . The second is to make a cs in oasis town aswell as balefort. This will greatly increase the number of people who go to oasis town and will make it a fun town unlike others such as the swamps since there is nothing there for players to do.

adwin
03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
The museum needs fixing.
What's up with that big ochre void all around the corridors?
It seems like the job was a bit rushed.
Adding textures instead of a solid colour would've barely taken any time at all.

thugimmortal
03-08-2011, 06:29 AM
New town is great
lvl 50 crafting was not what was expected i want to craft/combine some of the old items to make them better.

the new set is a little weak especially the new mystery sword i paid out my last 5 plat for it expecting it to be awsome. it looks cool but is not powerfull enough i was hoping for a cool one handed sword that both looks cool and is powerful im still using that old limbchopper lol.

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
I like the way the new armour looks color-wise. It looks more suited for BS, IMO, and the jewels for Desert from Aliens :P I like the looks better from this town's sets.

I think that the armours should be lower level though, since I've read that there are so many 50 sets already, and I can see where they're coming from. The quest seems more interesting than usual (I like how for Gurgox you need an orb right before you kill him). Also interesting how its more mob specific (Lesser Djinns only, to mini-bosses only, to bosses only, and even a normal mob only). It's definitely something new, hence my more than usual interest (I'm not really a quester ;)).

I don't really find the added Daily Quests attractive though. I already do the BS Dailys if I remember, and never for the FH Dailys, so these added new Daily Quests didn't really add anything for me since they reward the same as FH ones anyway.

Overall, I like this town. The only downside that I have is that it was released after I was over the town level (45-50). Had it been here during the appropriate cap, I would have been very engulfed by it. This was one of the towns that I actually wanted to do the quests in too, and not do them just for the sake of having them complete on my avatar page.

PS: The str mystery armours are almost as good as the 55 pinks ;) Far from tanking ability, but it has good hit on it, and has more HS than a normal fury :P

Beanmachine
03-08-2011, 06:56 AM
I like the way the new armour looks color-wise. It looks more suited for BS, IMO, and the jewels for Desert from Aliens :P

I think that the armours should be lower level though, since I've read that there are so many 50 sets already, and I can see where they're coming from. The quest seems more interesting than usual (I like how for Gurgox you need an orb right before you kill him). Also interesting how its more mob specific (Lesser Djinns only, to mini-bosses only, to bosses only, and even a normal mob only). It's definitely something new, hence my more than usual interest (I'm not really a quester ;)).

I don't really find the added Daily Quests attractive though. I already do the BS Dailys if I remember, and never for the FH Dailys, so these added new Daily Quests didn't really add anything for me since they reward the same as FH ones anyway.

Overall, I like this town. The only downside that I have is that it was released after I was over the town level (45-50). Had it been here during the appropriate cap, I would have been very engulfed by it. This was one of the towns that I actually wanted to do the quests in too, and not do them just for the sake of having them complete on my avatar page.

PS: The str mystery armours are almost as good as the 55 pinks ;) Far from tanking ability, but it has good hit on it, and has more HS than a normal fury :P

And that is why I made a thread about too many sets around lv50 ;)

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 06:58 AM
And that is why I made a thread about too many sets around lv50 ;)

Yeah, I misunderstood it by getting that there's too many types of sets (dagger+wing, bow, gun, talon+wing) instead of many kinds of sets (R/V/C - Shadows - normal Ao3 pinks) ;).

Lesrider
03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
no more rehashing of old items please
maybe the towne can be a little smaller, and perhaps more clarity with crafting, as i still dont really know what to do after collecting all the items from the quest

I agree, crafting should be clearer in-game. It seems that we need to come to the forums to find out how to craft. I would like to be able to look at a recipe in my inventory and see what I need and where to get it. Just seeing a name of the recipe doesn't really make me want to pursue crafting it.

Also, it seems like crafting ingredients take up space in our inventory. Is that really necessary? I have enough trouble keeping my number low enough with my equipment -- now I have to worry about the crafting items taking up space, too?

Conradin
03-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I wish the sets were level 45. It would
Be sick To go running around on my lvl 45 archer in full mystery.

happy_terd
03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
How about a new vanity as a quest reward?

Tsarra
03-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Here's a thought: Drop the level of the terrible AO pinks down by 5 or so. That way, people will have a reason to collect those (because they're maybe better than AO2 gear but still not better than any of the Level 50 stuff). I was kind of disappointed in the new crafted equipment, too...I was hoping for a set that I would actually want to wear. Looking over the stats, it seems like I'd be better protected wearing Cosmos II on my mage.

On the new Towne, I'm very happy with it overall. It's a little empty for just 25 people, but the museum is a great start. I, for one, would like to see some stuff in there to actually make it look like a museum (display cases, maybe a giant alien fossil or something). I'm really looking forward to getting through all of the quests when I get big enough on my bird. :)

Still no equipment that I can a) actually get and b) would actually want to wear if I did. I'm sure this is for game balance reasons...but I'm still miffed. I'm still holding out hope that crafting will eventually become crafting as well, and not overglorified item quests. In reading the article STS just posted on Facebook about their target market and pitfalls they've encountered, though, it would seem that players such as myself are in the minority: players who want more depth and less fluff overall (no offense, of course, Fluff :p).

That's all I got. As much as I whine, I'm still going to pound the crap out of these quests, and then I'll probably take a week or more off until the next content update comes out. Even though I don't have a character at max level, I feel like I've hit my ceiling in PL. The rewards for doing any of the late game stuff are incredibly small for the amount of work that goes into them, and I'm not in the mood to quest for 10 hours for equipment that nets me a total of 3 more stat points (or, even worse, for equipment that is arguably worse than what I'm wearing, such as in the case of the AO crafted gear or the BS crafted gear). The reason I made a bird is because the early game stuff is extremely well paced and implemented (except for the sheer lack of bird equipment of any sort, it would seem); once you hit level 30, it seems like it's all downhill from there. The pacing goes out the window, and the skill level (if you can call it that) required to even play ramps up to the point where it's no longer fun. Plus, the rewards are more or less abysmal.

Okay...NOW I'm done. :p

Just seeing a name of the recipe doesn't really make me want to pursue crafting it.

The stats don't help, either. :(

Wrap
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Agreed, make the Mystery items level 45. Otherwise there is not much reason for players to want to obtain them, considering that much of the other Ao3 items are better stat-wise.

Riccits
03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
AND those mystery items is the n-copy of existing items :-/

are the crafting items from ao-dailys same as the items from dailys of FH?

MoarPewPew
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Agreed, make the Mystery items level 45. Otherwise there is not much reason for players to want to obtain them, considering that much of the other Ao3 items are better stat-wise.

I agree aswell. Or you can buff the stats on the new ao town items and keep them at level 50.

Otherwise I think that the town is great!!! I love the character Jones. (Indiana jones =epic win)

Riccits
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
just a question, why the mystery armor is sellable and the rest not...? shoud be ALL non tradeable like cyber IMO...

Tsarra
03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I agree aswell. Or you can buff the stats on the new ao town items and keep them at level 50.

This is probably a better solution.

krazii
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Very well constructed town and kudos to the amount and design of the quests. Not too repetitive either. I imagine for people lvl 45-50 it will be a great place to hangout, level, and score good loot.

Ayrilana
03-09-2011, 02:19 AM
I agree with making the Mystery gear a lv45 set

mcyto
03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I've noticed that more people are actually doing all, or most, of the AO levels instead of just doing keeper. :)

davidis57
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
The stats on the mystery gear need to go up or make them equivelent to void, death, cosmos, etc. I would like to see at least bonus stats on all the lvl 55 sets.

giayuan
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
The stats on the mystery gear need to go up or make them equivelent to void, death, cosmos, etc. I would like to see at least bonus stats on all the lvl 55 sets.

Mystery is quest gear and is extremely easy to get. If stats are increased/equivalent, theres really no point IMO of void death cosmos etc.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Mystery is quest gear and is extremely easy to get. If stats are increased/equivalent, theres really no point IMO of void death cosmos etc.

Agreed, I consider Mystery to be amazing armor, for its value. It is free armor that can be obtained while leveling up, and in some cases, it is better then the void, rift, cosmos armor. I say some because its only better in certain sections.

Yvonnel
03-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Agreed, I consider Mystery to be amazing armor, for its value. It is free armor that can be obtained while leveling up, and in some cases, it is better then the void, rift, cosmos armor. I say some because its only better in certain sections.

Hmmm. Seem to be quoting Pharcyde a lot tonight. Buy I have to agree. And it gave me a good reason to go back and run all of the AO maps for a reason other than gold.

Devs, FYI. Love the town.

davidis57
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM
I like mystery armor. Not in the swill pit of course but non of the archer sets help you survive swill.

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
I love the town so much too. Haven't had that much fun in Pocket Legends in a long time.

Ixillicus
03-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I noticed that I don't actually get credit for completing the Daily: Chain Gang quest. I am stuck at 42/43 and it seems through testing and other posts on here that this quest isn't giving completion credit.

Ixillicus
03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Or possibly that there was a quest you had to talk to Ellie in Forest Haven for, that is no longer offered.

superglut2
03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I got 43/43

wolfendragon
03-25-2011, 11:43 PM
I think more aesthetics to the towne would be a good idea kinda bare. Cs available. Stash. I think a themed item shopkeeper or maybe a high lv ring shopkeeper would be golden for it

Martyntje
03-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Well i think the town is ok, but maybe ah and stash in it. And more mana regen on the dex set..