PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best procs?

JemNI
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm currently level 35 and have an assortment of wands with procs and want to know which one I should really be using.

I had an ice wand for a long time and liked it. It seemed like the freeze proc would combo with my Firestorm, is that true? Then I got a fire pin wand that does a lot more damage AND it has the fire proc but it doesn't combo. Is it worth it to still use the fire wand for the extra damage and fire proc?

And are the curse wands which do weakness worth using if their damage is lower overall?

And what the heck does the frog wand do really?

Royce
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Fire wands can combo with your ice skills and ice wands can combo with firestorm. The fire proc does additional damage on it's own as well, but ice wands also freeze. Dark wands proc weakness (damage reduction), but IMO the best mage weapon proc of all is probably dark staffs, which proc a weakness/nightmare combo. You should certainly consider procs, but don't use them to make weapon decisions on their own. For instance while a dark staff has a great proc, some fire and ice staffs do AOE damage, so are better for clearing, while the dark staff would be better for bosses and PvP.

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I would say try them all and see which you like. I admit to liking both ice (can stop bosses) and dark wands. It actually did depend on the area/boss sometimes which one I would use. I've seen people favor fireblasters, too. So I think there is some personal preference involved. Combos are good; I think all those proc wands have combo possibilities.

JemNI
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try to keep a variety in my collection. Which staffs do AOE damage and are there any wands that do as well?

Should I get rid of the frog wand? It seems rare, is it worth anything?

BeardedBear
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I have a proc list here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9730-Weapon-proc-index.).

It's lacking on some int gear, as that's not my speciality.