PDA

View Full Version : New player here!

:-)
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey guys! Just was wondering how you guys make money. As much as I want free items I will not beg for them. But in all honesty, I am a new player and am a little confused as to how to make money and powertrain. Are there any ways of training and making money that are better than others or does it all just come with personal preferance and experience? Also, at the moment I am playing on a level 9 bear and was wondering if that is a suggested account type to start on. I am putting all my stats into strength and currently have no armour just a crappy 2 handed weapon. All suggestions are welcomed :cool: . If you want to, add me ingame [Qizz]!

Keohike
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
first you need too get your lvl up then you can do plasma which gives alot of gold, but if you want to make alot of money then the best way would be to farm and get rare items and sell them. And if u want to make even more farm for new items that comes out after each new update and you can make millions. And there is also buy/selling, buying items for x amount and selling it at higher amount.

03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks man! Great to know that there is merchanting in this MMO and that there are ways to make good money! Thanks for the suggestions! Any suggestions on what level I should start to do plasma and item farm? [ Just got enough platinum for all the areas aswell ]

Keohike
03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
lvl 45 and up with a good group, or lvl 50 and up u can solo by urself

03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds good thanks! Also PMed you :-)

Fyrce
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
OMG, great name! and welcome.

When I started, I remember trying to save gold, generally by grouping (so get hit less), dropping my own pots (noticed you get them in dungeons, took awhile to notice after 25 you don't get drops), and liquidating trash items. Sometimes I'd hang around in town and someone would offer to buy stuff, but that was rare. At some point, I think Lost Expedition and Skeller had good trash drops. Skeller even had good sales items at one time, but now I pretty much liquidate or give them away. There are LOTS of drops in there though and the place is pretty easy for its level. For both of those, I'd keep going until I got good at it them.

Today, there's Wyldwood, which has a good number of drops and pinks are sellable AND useful, two pluses. I remember if I farmed even a little, I'd max out my levels for that area, which was another plus.

Try drew's "elite" method: start w/ 0 pots, so you can drop your own :)

Snakespeare
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Qizz, the short answer is "farming". We often re-run lower levels with our higher level players. With your level 9 or 10, you can empty all your money and potions into your stash and repeat level 1, 2, 3, and 4 until your potions go back up to 25, then liquidate, stash the potions and money, and repeat.

For leveling, it is riskier, but move up to levels where the threat is red (the color of the circle next to the opponents life level). Generally three map levels above your character level is going to be red. Red threat gives double XP. So, for your level 10 character, try the XP in Deep Forest III or IV. When the threat turns yellow, you are still getting 1.5 times XP, and that's usually a result of playing one map level above your character level.

03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm going to be honest and tell you I don't get the potion thing.

PreciseShield
03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
You know when you get items from times to times from mobs, right? Same thing with potions except mobs don't drop potions after you have 25 of them.