PDA

View Full Version : Dodge working properly?

Cooz
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
I was running my way through Mega Maze and it seemed that even if I managed to dodge the blows from those annoying black guys with really really big swords my char would stop and be thrown back a bit. Has anyone observed this kind of behavior too? Shouldn't I be able to just keep walking if I dodge their slashes?

Obliteration
05-20-2010, 12:25 AM
annoying black guys with really really big swords
Umm. Yeah sometimes the battle text scrolls slow and says dodge but that happend 10 seconds ago.

Cooz
05-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Might be that but I think I've seen that happen even when I run into first one and the damage texts just start scrolling...

Rannos
05-20-2010, 07:36 AM
This happens to me, especially with mob mages. Their aoe or fireball attack will still stop me or push me though I 'dodge' the damage. I thought this a little strange but it is a magical attack... So... Who knows!

WarMage
05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Ya, I think the issue is that there are different saving throws for damage and effects. There may not be any saving throw against effects, they may just affect you.

The A and the E in the FFECTS always gets me. I know the difference and I'm pretty sure that's correct up top there because I'm talking about an effect and how it affects you.

Any grammar lovers/Nazis out there?

Endless
05-20-2010, 08:36 AM
You got it right, Warmage. EFFECT is the result of an action. AFFECT is how you, personally, were changed by that action.

Grammar Nazi lol. No spell check for you!