PDA

View Full Version : The avg amount of gold you should have saved?

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm just curious because in CS i see things selling for as much as a couple million. I'm a lvl 52 and I only have 200k gold...how much do you have?

Zeus
03-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm just curious because in CS i see things selling for as much as a couple million. I'm a lvl 52 and I only have 200k gold...how much do you have?

Threads like this are generally discouraged due to people attempting to scam other people's accounts from them after seeing how wealthy one is.

Since you asked however. Roughly around 3 mil wealth in cash and items.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh Im sorry I didnt know that, and I didnt attempt to scam anyone I was just curious. Is there a way to know who the wealthiest player is?

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
A few mil in cash and items. Probs about 4.

Zeus
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh Im sorry I didnt know that, and I didnt attempt to scam anyone I was just curious. Is there a way to know who the wealthiest player is?

I know you weren't but it's just a security thing the developers have. Not my rules :/

Keohike
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
lol dont go there i tried that ppl either say ridiculously large amounts or they flame u to mind ur own business lol

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Lol 4 mil isn't that much.

Keohike
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Lol 4 mil isn't that much.

not u lol before i started a thread called What is the economy of PL and there were ppl posting pic of like billionaires lol

Conradin
03-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Lones got alot. Masterchief used too have loads.

Zeus
03-07-2011, 11:57 PM
not u lol before i started a thread called What is the economy of PL and there were ppl posting pic of like billionaires lol

You do realize those photos were photoshopped right?

Keohike
03-07-2011, 11:59 PM
yes hence the ridiculously large amount lol

DawnInfinity
03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I would say there isn't a specific amount you should have saved by that level. It depends how much you farm and play in general, and how long you have played. I've played since June 2010 and I have about 5-6 mil in gold and items.

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I got 70K between my 5 accounts. I am officially broke. lol

superss
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
lol i dont have much maybe 50k

BeefyMeat
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I have about 160K cash, but about 1M in items on me.

Tengotengo
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Never more than 200k for me, but I've got good equipment and a 55 and two 53s. Also a few lucky drops which left me with about a mil on me. I've seldom farmed, and I don't do leveling service or other in-game entrepreneurships.

TwinkTastical
03-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I wont lie, gearing all my 32 twinks, got expensive!

Conradin
03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Lol TT isn't your net worth like 8? Or more. Plus I'm catching up. I've almost got 15 chars now.

JaytB
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Lol TT isn't your net worth like 8? Or more. Plus I'm catching up. I've almost got 15 chars now.
15 chars?!? Wow!

I have bout 2.5mil gold Left after buying lvl 55 stuff for my 3 -only 3 :(- chars. I started playing bout a month ago.

FluffNStuff
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Net worth??? Gold Saved???
For what?
A nice farm outside Forest Haven where you can retire in peace and raise your little twinks?
Maybe use it to pay tribute money to the Sewer King and Queen for protection?

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
A nice farm outside Forest Haven where you can retire in peace and raise your little twinks?

Forest Haven is overrun by gang and gang related crimes. I would not buy a farm in that region.

Yvonnel
03-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Forest Haven is overrun by gang and gang related crimes. I would not buy a farm in that region.

LMAO. Totally agree. Wouldn't a whole of gold for that either. And why would you want to raise your twinks there.

Wrap
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Most of those pics were Photoshoped for fun ^_^

BeefyMeat
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Oasis Towne was recently listed as the new up and coming area in Alterra Housing Quarterly.

Snakespeare
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Back to the title question, I don't think that's unusual, to be level 52 and have 200K.

The ones who make a lot of "money" pay attention to the values of things, the general inclinations of the market, and they farm for the items that are most valuable. It usually happens more when we are between releases of new maps, and by people who have a lot of time to play. They run out of other things to do, so they farm.

Not all players do this, and it may not be for you. In fact, it isn't for me, really.

I collect my pinks, even the most worthless ones, and only sell duplicates. I don't go to the consignment shop very often to list things; I usually go to buy things. My main is level 53 and I have about the same amount of gold as you. I don't get as much play time, and I don't spend enough of what time I have on my main. In the end, I think it is a matter of choice. I choose to have a dozen or more characters and I choose to care about them more than my main and more than amassing gold, so in the end, I am rich in a different way. And I like it just fine.

In short, I think your numbers are typical for a casual player. If you want to try your hand at merchanting, though, give yourself some time to learn it. There's a lot to be aware of. You have to predict trends and be willing to repeat the same boss many times. It's not for everyone, and definitely not for me. :-)

Physiologic
03-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Gold is really useless IMO and only worth purchasing potions or elixirs with. I've played with junk green drops from Balefort Sewers and the lv 55 pink drops and could not detect any difference between a "poor man's set" and a "rich man's set."

Pandamoni
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I agree with those who don't really see the need for loads of cash. 200K is plenty to play with. I've been lucky and gotten a few drops that bumped me up over 1mil gold and probably another 1 mil in items. I don't really see the need to keep farming a ton to get a bunch more gold because I'd rather spend time questing or playing with friends to improve my game. So what I've done is I'll sometimes buy things in the CS that I know are good, cheap pinks and hold on to them for when a lower level player is playing with me with a less effective weapon/helm, etc, and I'll give it to them. I also keep a bunch of pots on hand so if I'm playing with friends and they're running low they don't have to leave to go buy some pots. That kind of makes the game more fun. I'm still wearing the shadow set and I'm happy with it. I haven't been playing as much and I'm not here a ton to know what the different BS sets are and what the benefit of using them is so I still with the old tried and true. When I hit 55 if I haven't looted a new great set that everyone recommends I might use some of my gold to buy a few pieces.

Okay, I'm just blabbing now. lol

drewcapu
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I've learned to not really care about gold amounts.
I don't really sell high-priced items.
The highest priced item I've sold was an extra Voodoo Helm.
I sold a few Shadow Caves items in the 80-100k range around the time of the nerf. I probably ended up closer to even than ahead gold-wise due to purchasing to make a complete set.

I've gone as high as 800k gold in stash to, more recently, 200k, buying up a bunch of reasonably priced winter pinks and L51/53 gear.

I personally feel just as comfortable with 200k as I do with 800k. It's mainly because my pots consumption is a lot lower than my occasional pot farming accumulation when hosting (most of which I just give to friends at the start of each run). I still manage to sell the occasional crafting item or low level, easily replaceable gear. Selling low level items can be around or above 300% ROI, albeit a slow one. Selling crafting items is basically an infinite ROI. 20-30k here, 20-30k there.

I haven't felt the need to buy a single BS pink. For my purposes, Void/Rift/Cave gear are quite useable in BS. Once you get to L53, some of the greens and purples are good enough to just mix and match, where favorable to your playing style/situation.

Oh yeah, I guess it helps that I haven't used a single xp pot since BS came out ;)

Riccits
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
atm almost 20mil and 4mil in collection items..

Wrap
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Gold is really useless IMO and only worth purchasing potions or elixirs with. I've played with junk green drops from Balefort Sewers and the lv 55 pink drops and could not detect any difference between a "poor man's set" and a "rich man's set."

Agreed...To be honest, im still using Cyber armor ^_^ and doing Balefort Sewers. And im actually surviving and doing better then some of the others with 'the best'.

Its not 'what you use'...its 'how you use it'.

JaytB
03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
It's true that the set doesn't matter the most. It's the player who wears it.
I'm just a sucker for full sets and me and my gf had lots of luck with pink super xpensive drops.

On topic:
I just love watching the marked and buy cheap/sell profitable, to see my gold amount steadily increase.
You never know when the next must-have set(s) will be there again. I'm just saving gold to be able to buy it as soon as it's there. I'm only playing for a month, but saw how quick prices can rise (or fall) -and how quick new sets and bonusses can be implemented and modified-. I wouldn't be surprised to see new top-sets appear for 2mil a set-piece. I guess I just want to be ready for that moment.

Riccits
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Agreed...To be honest, im still using Cyber armor ^_^ and doing Balefort Sewers. And im actually surviving and doing better then some of the others with 'the best'.

Its not 'what you use'...its 'how you use it'.

same here, iam using the elite gear wich was for "free" too (first days of caves)...for boss switch to a orange/green/purple mix.. waiting for lower prices..

Magicalbanana
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
5.5 mil gold and a couple mil in items

neko
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Net worth??? Gold Saved???
For what?
Maybe use it to pay tribute money to the Sewer King and Queen for protection?

I've been paying my protection money to the Sewer King and Queen long before the sewers were made public. I've also applied for social assistance but my requests remain unheard. I must be doing something terribly wrong if there are so many PL millionaires around. *grin*

giayuan
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
3 mill gold and gear

EDIT: Xom (deathish on forum) had 50 mill last time i talked to him, could be lying, but i chose to trust him ;)

Thelonearcher
03-08-2011, 11:55 PM
15.2m ... but another 5 m stashed on another character O.O
Xom never had 50 mil ALL RUMORS BUT adrian has 76mil or something around that

giayuan
03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh eh.. wutevs ;D
thats expected from adrian... LOL

Kashyn
03-09-2011, 12:04 AM
I have about 8,000 gold saved and a few pinks and purples.
I'm only a level 27 or something.
Welp.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Wow this thread blew up quick! Lol, I agree with what most of you are saying. Im just going to get a nice set that I want and not worry about gold as much anymore. Thank you all for your answers, not going to lie though I envy you millionaires! lol