PDA

View Full Version : What device do you play on?

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm just wondering what devices fellow Pocket Legend players play on and their experience with it.

Does the game freeze on you?
Is it not supported for the device you play on?
Do you receive lots of lag?
Does the game not work at all sometimes?

I've noticed after playing for about an hour, my thumb gets dry and the virtual joystick tends to be hard to use. Anyone else have this problem? What do you do to prevent it?

I play on the Droid 1 currenty. I haven't had any problems with force closing, lag, or anything the past couple days I've been playing.

I'm thinking about getting an iPad though and sharing my phones internet connection with the iPad. My Droid is rooted and I've done this with my laptop wirelessly. Has anyone tried this before?

List of decvices people use to play PL;
-Wrap: iPhone 3GS
-Major: iPad
-Rolocoaster: Droid X (Non-rooted)
-Doubletime: Droid 2
-Pandamoni: iPhone or iPod Touch
-YYZ????: iPod Touch 3G
-StompArtist: HTC Incredible or G-Tablet (Running TnT Lite)
-superglut2: iPad
-pastrychef: iPad
-adwin: HTC Desire HD (custom build gingerbread rom)
-Frenzyn: iPhone 3GS
-gnardog666: iPod Touch 3G
-skavenger216: HTC Evo 4G
-Oakreter: Samsung Galaxy Tab
-Suntv: iPad

Wrap
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
im on an iphone 3gs :)

I have occasional lag here and there, but its mostly due to bad wifi or fadding with the internet connection, the device itself works perfect on pl :)

Major
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm on an iPad and it works great. I recommend it. Although there is the iPad 2 coming lol. Lag sometimes can be a problem tho, but usually just turning it off then back on again does the trick!

Rolocoaster
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
im on a non rooted droid x and the game plays fine . Ill sometimes get a ocasional ping spike but thats because ill receive texts and stuff like that .

Doubletime
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I play on a Droid 2 over 3g mostly. Only gets laggy when I get a text or voicemail. I have other notifications off when I play. Wifi works well with it too. PvP is the only place I consistently get ping spikes over 3g.

Pandamoni
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I play on an iPod touch or an iPhone. I tend to get a lot more lag on my iPhone than the iPod and I'm assuming it has to do w the fact that I'm using my house's wifi on the iPod and the iPhone uses its own internet. On the iPhone it's normal for my ping to jump up to 50K every 5 or 10 min's.

YYZ????
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I play on iPod Touch 3rd Gen and am very happy with the performance. Lag usually only happens when I have bad wi-fi. Have had a few crashes but very few.

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
No problems on HTC incredible and rooted G-Tablet (running TnT lite) except the occasional lag.

superglut2
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Have an ipad. Never laggs for me. Graphics on high

pastrychef
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
iPad. Never lags.

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I lag but has to do more with connection according to very official sounding STS message board representative. :D

adwin
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm on a HTC Desire HD with a custom built gingerbread rom.
No problems whatsoever, except for soundfx disappearing, but that's an issue with PL, not the handset itself.
No lag device-wise, and network lag depends on your connection.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I was hoping for a little insight on the last statement in my post.

If I got an iPod Touch or iPad would I be able to pick up WiFi with a rooted Droid 1? I've had a good experience with my laptop but have never tried it on anything else.

Also, I found a Nook for sale on Craigslist. Will Player Legends work on this?

Beez
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
A nook? lol no. They are just Kindle spin offs.

Frenzyn
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Iphone 3gs.
never lags in fps, only jumps up the ping and when that happens the players and characters don't load if neer them.

Never lags, its like 2 months old? Never has LAGGED in fps on me, only lags in wifi.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Oh. I saw on the forums that someone had used a Nook to play Player Legends. I had never heard of it 'til then.

Beez
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Iphone 3gs.
never lags in fps, only jumps up the ping and when that happens the players and characters don't load if neer them.

Never lags, its like 2 months old? Never has LAGGED in fps on me, only lags in wifi.

So it never lags in fps?

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Properly rooted you can play PL on a nook.

gnardog666
i pod touch 2nd gen. lags here and there but a few ping spikes but it plays pretty good for it being beat up lol

skavenger216
I play on a HTC Evo 4g. The game works perfect, I rarely lag and my ping stays under 300 (usually sits at 150-ish). For some reason the Mynas room in Keeper makes my phone run at 3 or 4 frames a second lol. Anywhere else silky smooth. Now if could only get the HDMI out from my phone working with PL it would be perfect, playing PL on a 42" tv would be amazing.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Properly rooted you can play PL on a nook.

Is it difficult to root a Nook?

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Is it difficult to root a Nook?

I have a friend who says it was fairly easy. Here is the link he skyped me (this should put you on the right track, make sure you understand how to do it before investing in the nook):

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/7127-rom-nook-color-v1-1-0-pre-rooted.html

(I am not liable for any issues! LOL)

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I have a friend who says it was fairly easy. Here is the link he skyped me (this should put you on the right track, make sure you understand how to do it before investing in the nook):

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/7127-rom-nook-color-v1-1-0-pre-rooted.html

(I am not liable for any issues! LOL)

I rooted my Droid easily so it shouldn't be too hard if I do invest in a Nook. But I'd probably prefer to get an iPod Touch over it.

Oakreter
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
First...Hello forum peeps, been lurking for a while and decided to post at last.

I play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab via wi-fi over Vodafone mobile broadband. Mostly fine but the vodafone network out here in rural Ireland is...well when I lag I'm sure it is my bandwidth shrinking yet again. My local cell breaths like an asthmatic.

But when all is well the S.G.T. is a great tool for the job.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
First...Hello forum peeps, been lurking for a while and decided to post at last.

I play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab via wi-fi over Vodafone mobile broadband. Mostly fine but the vodafone network out here in rural Ireland is...well when I lag I'm sure it is my bandwidth shrinking yet again. My local cell breaths like an asthmatic.

But when all is well the S.G.T. is a great tool for the job.

Really wish I had a tab. ;/ The only complaint I have is that the Droid 1 screen is small. If I had even a Droid X it'd be way better.

Suntv
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
iPad here and never any lag. Ping usually 135, so ping could do better comparing it to pc gaming pings.

Fallen Caccavari
03-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I could possibly be moving soon somewhere with WiFi so an iPad will definitely be bought if I do.

Zeus
03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
I use the Ipad 32 gig 3g, Iphone 4 16 gig, Ipod touch 3rd gen 32 gig, and HTC EVO 4G to play. None of the devices lag majorly. The ipad and the Ipod touch have a little graphical lag although not much. The Ipod touch 3rd gen has the lowest ping though.

Sigkill
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Iphone 4 babbbbyyyyy

Ellyidol
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
iPad here, the only lag I get is the graphical kind. When 3 or more mages spam all their spells on mobs, my screen crawls. Makes me wonder whether its ping, since I've read players with low ping don't get any. Mine's at constant 300-500.

CZYjoeDAVOLA
03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
iPod touch 4g 64gb

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Today will be a busy day for me starting here in about 30 minutes I'm moving in with a family member who's old and get lonely being by herself; my grandma.

Luckily she's a computer gamer just like myself so she has RoadRunner and I can pick up WiFi full signal anywhere in her house, including my phone. I'll definitely be playing PL via WiFi; I'll post the ping differences once I get a chance to test it out, should be in a couple hours.

I'm gonna be looking into purchasing an iPad or maybe an iPod Touch depending on prices; as these seem like the devices used mainly for PL.

I'll update my thread a little bit later. (;

Keohike
03-09-2011, 06:18 AM
i play on my imaginary ipad 10.

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 06:23 AM
i play on my imaginary ipad 10.

Very nice indeed.

Keohike
03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Very nice indeed.

it never lags or freezes unless the system has alcohol intake or other artificial ingredients or herbal ingredients lol

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 06:28 AM
it never lags or freezes unless the system has alcohol intake or other artificial ingredients or herbal ingredients lol

LOL! What do you seriously play on though?

Keohike
03-09-2011, 06:30 AM
other than my imaginary ipad 10 my iphone 3gs, lags sometimes but never freezes :)

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 06:37 AM
other than my imaginary ipad 10 my iphone 3gs, lags sometimes but never freezes :)

Wish I still had my iPhone. ;/ It's the best touchscreen phone I've owned. Too bad I still have over a year before I can upgrade without paying sky high prices with Verizon.

Tamino
03-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Samsung Galaxy Tab. Never found lag for FPS, but problems raise for the 3G nework fading when I'm on train (4 hours a day :( ). Occasionally I experience short link interruptions (ping: 1000-4000) on WiFi, but never longer since 1.7 availability.

Fallen Caccavari
03-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Samsung Galaxy Tab. Never found lag for FPS, but problems raise for the 3G nework fading when I'm on train (4 hours a day :( ). Occasionally I experience short link interruptions (ping: 1000-4000) on WiFi, but never longer since 1.7 availability.

When I'm about 1 year into my contract with Verizon I'm gonna look into options like upgrading early for a fee if possible (my parents complained enough to Verizon and accomplished this without any fees), or making my Droid line to where it has the lowest package possible which might be my best bet. There will probably be a new tab out by the time I upgrade (still got like 3 months before I'm gonna do anything most likely).

Edit: I bought a new laptop, will post pics of it later. I'm sure it'll be better using it for the forums. ;)

hawkei
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Ipad
I don't lag but if I do its rare