PDA

View Full Version : Pvp is a huge joke?

Tatepon
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
So today after hitting 18 I felt like finally taking on pvp. I didnt understand the red and blue orbs, but I did understand how to kick some *** with my bear. I come across azijava (i believe his name was, some twink ranger with a gun and drink hat). I (assume) I nearly kill him and he leaves game. I figure bah whatever, maybe had to go, until he rejoins soon after. This time I figure hey, maybe trick him this time, and I tank his shots for a while until I destroy him again, and he narrowly leaves. Sorry but WTF is this pvp, a massive joke?

Conradin
03-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Dude some peole are jerks. People leave all the time. Pvp is the only reason I play.

StompArtist
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Altough I agree that there is some serious problem with PvP as it stands what happened to you here has more to do with meeting a bad player than PvP itself.

Tatepon
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Unless this is fixed somehow I dont see pvp ever being serious

Conradin
03-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Uh kiddo- it gives you a death if you leave. Pvp is serious.

Zerious
03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
yeah that guy was a jerk. He got he death on his record, just didn't want you getting the kill on yours. Some people are like that unfortunately....

Tatepon
03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Ah makes some sense then

romgar1
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Do what I do if that happens again. Simply remember his name and go jerk searching. Seek and destroy. Repeat. Oh the joys of pvp.

Zerious
03-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Do what I do if that happens again. Simply remember his name and go jerk searching. Seek and destroy. Repeat. Oh the joys of pvp.

or let karma bite him in the butt and find him getting jumped in a game. :D

Thelonearcher
03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Pvp isn't a huge joke, you are a huge joke.

Physiologic
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
So today after hitting 18 I felt like finally taking on pvp. I didnt understand the red and blue orbs, but I did understand how to kick some *** with my bear. I come across azijava (i believe his name was, some twink ranger with a gun and drink hat). I (assume) I nearly kill him and he leaves game. I figure bah whatever, maybe had to go, until he rejoins soon after. This time I figure hey, maybe trick him this time, and I tank his shots for a while until I destroy him again, and he narrowly leaves. Sorry but WTF is this pvp, a massive joke?

I posted this in the other thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20929-Drainer-s-set-better-then-Raid-Roach-In-PvP), but here it is again (this was taken from the chatbox yesterday):

http://i54.tinypic.com/x4qikp.jpg
"it" meaning PvP

STS believes that a lot of work can be done with PvP, so there's still tons of room for improvement.

Tiliana
03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Simmer down Lonearcher, he was just venting. His first few experiences at PVP were unfortunate with unfortunate people. You could see how he would question the legitimacy of PVP. You shouldnt flame someone for something like that.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Uh kiddo- it gives you a death if you leave. Pvp is serious.

WTF it does?!?

Ladylove
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
WTF it does?!?

Haha yes. The devs added this in because of all the players leaving before dying to protect their ratios and boost kills. Now there is a short wait after combat until you can leave a game without getting a death. This idiot, apparently, doesn't read when he sees the notification on his screen saying he has a death.

KaotiicxDream
03-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Maybe should there be like 5 minutes penalty from PvP matches if u leave in mid-game... But PvP is fun ;-)

Inching
03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
WTF it does?!?

dont tell me u didnt know... Mr.Three thousand four hundred and sixty eight posts.

Mikeylito
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Please see my suggestion concerning the PVP leaderboards in the feedback/suggestion area. I think it will bring PVP to a whole new level:)

utahutes
03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Pvp isn't a huge joke, you are a huge joke.

Really? It's just a GAME, isn't it? A GAME that provides a fun break from real life.

Everyone was once new at the game and trying to figure it out. It's a great game and I get tired of people being rude to new players and making it a bad experience for them. New players have the right to learn and enjoy the game without having to clash with your ego about a GAME.

The real joke is you believing that playing a GAME longer than someone else or having more kills in a GAME than someone else makes you a superior person in REAL life - that's a huge joke.

StompArtist
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
This whole thread is now a "not so huge" joke. Wish I had thread locking powers.

Justg
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
* click *