PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Conradin
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
There's alot of controversy in PL. This is a thread to vent your thoughts. I'll start off

My pet Peeves

1. When people post what rare armor sets they have it Thier sig. I know plenty of great players who don't use the best stuff. You don't have to show off.

2.outrageous prices, who the he'll is gunna buy this?
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/55b9c6bd.jpg

Ok now your turn. Post your Peeves.

Yes I know there have been previous threads.
Disclaimer!!! This is not a thread to troll peoples pet Peeves.

Major
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Crafting.....

icantgetkills
03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
should of blacked out his name but other then that
i hate when people spam the townie
or when people spam invites

Suntv
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Lol that enchanted gem star wand is equally good as the green Adept gem star wand (500 gold). Only advantage is +2 int, who cares.

Physiologic
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/55b9c6bd.jpg

Why does that bother you :D The guy wasted anywhere from 95,100-96,000 gold putting that up there.

Major
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Why does that bother you :D The guy wasted anywhere from 95,100-96,000 gold putting that up there.

Haha ya no doubt, not like he will ever sell it for that much lol.

Conradin
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM

You see- when that guy puts his up for that much. Others think, wow I can see mine for oodles of cash too. Tia all about profit these days.

Btw I'm giving the person selling advertisement ;p
Read te disclaimer guys. No trolling others pet peeves

CanonicalKoi
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Invite spam followed by the command, "Join!". What if I'm busy or chatting or just don't feel like it? Sorry, I don't recall you being my boss. Also beggars and people who spam their sales pitches during runs. Or, for the perfect trifecta, players in your run spamming you with PM's about you giving (!) them your armor, offering to sell you other armor and then being rude when you decline. Oy.

RedRyder
03-08-2011, 08:38 PM
1.people pm'ng me asking if i want to buy str/dex items when im clearly a pure mage. like my stats arent and never have been hidden so what gives?
2. spam trade requests/ game invites
3. repeatedly friend requesting me when i clearly ignored it the first time
4. people ignoring my p.m's when theyre not afk or busy doing a run. at least shoot me a brb
5. (sorry cinco) repeated use of models for gear with the only change being colors, auras, and/or small add ons like gems or absense of previous details.

Xymorg
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Forest Haven.

I kind of dread going in there for potions, I don't think I need to explain why. Even the non-reportable stuff is just creepy. I wish Ellie's sister (Sellie?) would set up a shop with the same prices in MH or O town.

Keohike
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
lol if you got the gold to do something dumb, i say spend away haha

Junside
03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
The only thing in this world that bothers me so much is being ignored and they're perfectly capable of replying. It's so damn rude.

Putting another human on a pedestal. Don't you have any pride and dignity?

"Omg you're a pvp god. I am not worthy! You're the best player evar!"

Commending someone for their success and hard work, and worshiping them are completely parallel.

Also just in general, when someone pretends to be someone they're not.

Zeus
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
The only thing in this world that bothers me so much is being ignored. It's so damn rude.

Sorry! I'm like afk half the time in game. I'm sure you know :p. I always make sure to respond to PM's though when I check my phone screen again.

Junside
03-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Sorry! I'm like afk half the time in game. I'm sure you know :p. I always make sure to respond to PM's though when I check my phone screen again.

I told ya last time, Parf I know when you're afk, you're REALLY afk. So I understand. But You know, you watch someone for like 30 seconds waiting for a reply, and they're having a convo with someone else in leisure, I do get pissed.

DawnInfinity
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
People who spam in towne and scammers in general. When characters who obviously DON'T belong in a certain area join and then you don't have the power to boot.

Conradin
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Why black the name out?

Idk why either. It's free advertising (kinda) and who can say no to that?

Slush
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
5. (sorry cinco) repeated use of models for gear with the only change being colors, auras, and/or small add ons like gems or absense of previous details.

this. its reallly getting old now :l

RedRyder
03-09-2011, 01:21 AM
this. its reallly getting old now :l

I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't to get at other peoples peves. Findsomethingelsetodopls?

Zeus
03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
My pet peeves?

Rude people and people who are not who they say they are. Only two ways you can generally get me annoyed.

RedRyder
03-09-2011, 01:28 AM
My pet peeves?

Rude people and people who are not who they say they are. Only two ways you can generally get me annoyed.

+1. people posting fake/super old pictures of themselves,
Making up stories
An um, hitting on everyone of the apposite sex :)

Zeus
03-09-2011, 01:31 AM
+1. people posting fake/super old pictures of themselves,
Making up stories
An um, hitting on everyone of the apposite sex :)

Hey now, casual flirting never hurt anybody :p. Nah, I don't do it (I don't think I do). But I like to joke around A LOT, with anybody for that matter.

RedRyder
03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Hey dont get me wrong, If it's casual, in person, or with someone whom you've previosly spent time with its PERFECTLY normal

Corpser
03-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Forest Haven.

I kind of dread going in there for potions, I don't think I need to explain why. Even the non-reportable stuff is just creepy. I wish Ellie's sister (Sellie?) would set up a shop with the same prices in MH or O town.

lol so true u know what its probably posible for someone to earn profit by selling pots that they bout anyway im gonna email devs asking for another potion selling in new town

any way my pet peeve is when every one is trying to flirt with u or something just cause u play as an enchantress.
its awkward when somone thinks your a girl and i dont wanna embares other players by saying im a guy so i leave lol
oh yeah and the reason when booted k m n j i o p i l h g w a z

Phana
03-09-2011, 04:05 AM
1. When people spam emotes or their cyber blaster
2. The whole trade with me pls thing. I just don't understand what they're thinking when they friend request me then immediately try to trade.
3. Also when I got booted by imvilla in an open level because "I don't know you" after I bought a 6k pot. Its like he waited for me to pot....

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 06:28 AM
My pet peeve ... elitists ... you know who you are!

StompArtist
03-09-2011, 08:38 AM
1- No Squirrel class.
2- People asking me if I am a girl when I play my enchantress.
3- People asking be not to boot them instead of giving me a reason not to do so.
4- Spam invites that start seconds after I log in until I remove the friend from list.
5- Forest Haven random racism and obnoxious comments preventing me from peacefully going to buy my potions.

Conradin
03-09-2011, 08:42 AM
When I get 300+ friend adds from noob pvp players. Some pming me "add me now!! Do it!!"

PLaCiD
03-09-2011, 08:43 AM
1- No Squirrel class.

+1 ... just because it's so random :)

Conradin
03-09-2011, 08:47 AM
+1 ... just because it's so random :)

+2 cuz squirrels are pimps, seriously I see em pimpin around maa towne.

DawnInfinity
03-09-2011, 08:47 AM
My pet peeves?

<3 you for this.

Conradin
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
<3 you for this.

Lol, classic ;)
10/chars

DawnInfinity
03-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Lol, classic ;)
10/chars

:o you know it.

BeardedBear
03-09-2011, 09:07 AM
1. Nooby spammers who spam the same message constantly when no one else is saying a thing in town.
2. "Twinks" who just pick off nubs and leave the second anyone joins the game that poses a threat.
3. Scenario: Enter a PVP game where teams are very unbalanced. You join the losing team and go into beast mode; the other team leaves.
4. Scenario: Enter a PVP game and person complains about teaming, yet they have no problem doing so to you. You offer a duel and beat them; they cuss you out.

Snakespeare
03-09-2011, 12:26 PM
My pet peeve is pretty well known, I think: lowbies who want to leech their way to the level cap. Do these guys cheat at solitaire? Do they alter their bowling score when nobody is looking? I don't mind them existing, really, because it takes all kinds to make a world, but do they have to join the map I am in? The other day a level 1 joined us in Hideout. Why? No. I know why, technically, to leech. But how is it a "game" if you don't have a chance to fail? How can you possibly feel you have accomplished something when it takes no effort? And it gripes me because it just can so easily be programmed out, but they won't. That's my pet peeve. Thanks for asking.

mcyto
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
1. When people spam emotes or their cyber blaster
2. The whole trade with me pls thing. I just don't understand what they're thinking when they friend request me then immediately try to trade.
3. Also when I got booted by imvilla in an open level because "I don't know you" after I bought a 6k pot. Its like he waited for me to pot....

yes! that whole trade thing drives me nuts.

IamBored
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Getting boot because of your gears, kill count, they don't know you, and for no reason (a, ab, as, sorry, etc...). At least give a valid reason full or whatever.

StompArtist
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Getting boot because of your gears, kill count, they don't know you, and for no reason (a, ab, as, sorry, etc...). At least give a valid reason full or whatever.

Do you walk in saying: "Pls do not boot"?

Tiliana
03-09-2011, 01:12 PM
People giving up after one death when fighting a boss after cussing and calling you a noob, even though they were the ones who didn't know what to do or how to fight that boss...

Also people who spam Rez, rez rez, rez before you have a chance to see where their dead body is lying. Give us some mages a sec to a) find you, b) make sure we aren't about to die ourselves, c) get to your location so the spell works the first time. If we aren't close enough, it won't rez you and then you will keep spamming us until our cool down time ends.

I wish everyone would play a character of each class just for a little bit to know where everyone is coming from.

I will now step off my soapbox.

Diodge
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
These stupid low levels in places they dont need to be.
These low levels joining higher level zones do nothing but waste our time and money/pots.

I pot up and start killing with one spot open.
Then a level that should be there joins.
1. It helps get threw runs faster.
2. You will get full use of the pot.

If a low level joins.
1. Its like haveing that spot open just one leech filling it.
2. There screwing our game up. Why do they get rewarded?

I understand I can make my own maps. I dont know if I can trust myself to not say something stupid if I have to boot. Its on my last nerve. I would love to go out with a bang and tell everyone off that does this.(They dont care so I just leave the group instead of dealing with it)

----------------------------
2nd one that gets me
The low level ones who come in when they know dam well were doing a boss or close. There is no xp left in the zone at all. They dont leave. They run to the boss like there doing something for us. uggggggggggggg so tweeked out now....

$@$#%%#%%@ I keep telling myself they will fix this. &^%&#$#$%**(

Why cant it be setup to always make a zone with the level filter on? When you use magic portal, walk in zone, quests they auto set the level filter on.
If you want a game with low levels in it. Make the hosted games with the option to let anyone in. Then put some where on lfg window that shows its any level or level set game.

I love this game but...

KaotiicxDream
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
My peeves: i cant play PL that much i want ...

BeefyMeat
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
1. Getting to a boss then bailing...take 3 mins out of your busy XPing and just stay and fight.
2. Spam invites when you're clearly in another game. When I'm in town, fine, but leave me alone otherwise.

IamBored
03-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Do you walk in saying: "Pls do not boot"?

No, but anyone that boot without a reason will be put on ignore and will be booted from all game I host.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
My peeves:

• When people go "Buy your weapon". -It's OBVIOUS that I'm USING MAH FRIGGIN WEAPON!!
• When people join pvp games where the host is 5 levels higher than they are. When they get killed they go "Ugh, higher levels." -NOOB GTFO of this game if you don't wanna fight players WHO ARE THE SAME LEVEL AS THE HOST.
• When a pink drops for me, I get a pm from half the party "Can I have the (drop name here)?" - The answer is always "You can BUY it when I post it in the CS."
• When people rush me in pvp then run away so they can log. - just annoying
• Poor pvp sportsmanship. -Noobs will start trash talking after they get one kill on me...out of 8 rushes....
and lastly...
• Arrogant players. -Idc if you're an accepted troll, or the best pvper of all time, you need to STFU pls.

if you REALLY wanna get on my nerves: Say something insulting regarding Christianity. Instant Wolf troll

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
When the the new player I just spent ten minutes helping demands powerleveling, I say no, then he calls me a horrible person and I should die then storms off.

^^ My pet peeve.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
When the the new player I just spent ten minutes helping demands powerleveling, I say no, then he calls me a horrible person and I should die then storms off.

^^ My pet peeve.

lol do what I do. Say "I'm a horrible for for power leveling you? I'm so sorry, I promise never to do it again :)"

Conradin
03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
lol do what I do. Say "I'm a horrible for for power leveling you? I'm so sorry, I promise never to do it again :)"

That would shut em up

CanonicalKoi
03-09-2011, 08:09 PM
+1 to Snakespeare. And the funniest thing about it is those who leeched and spent the equivalent of a small country's GNP on XP pots are guaranteed to be the ones complaining that the *next* level cap is taking too long and now "there isn't anything to do". Well, that and complaining about how broke they are, but that's another story.

Not really a pet peeve, but a pet irk--people "yelling" "gogogogogo" at the start of a dungeon. Please. Knock it off. If you want to play out your fantasies of being a leet platoon leader, there are other games for that.

Pet peeve--people who constantly PM "boot the level whatever". A) not your game. My game. If it's that offensive to you, leave. B) that low-level you're complaining about is a
high enough level that they can do damage and take some. And they're trying, not leeching. C) that LL has a level 55 alt--really, they know how to play. D) I only boot for obvious leeching and/or being rude and annoying. Guess who fits into one of those categories?

KingFu
03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Hmmmm

PVP Pet Peves:

People that team me, talk trash, and won't 1v1
People that rush me over and over even when I ask them to stop

Fort blackstone:

People that ask me to power level them, then I explain to them why I am against power leveling and why they should level normally, then they reply "its not power leveling if I'm in my right zone"-.-
People that beg me for my "Christmas gun"

In general:

People that are ignorant, can't take the slightest joke, or religious jokes.

aluxuryhoggy
03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
People who flash there cash!

Zerious
03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
In general:

People that are ignorant, can't take the slightest joke, or religious jokes.

Ok I can take a joke, but is it really necessary to go there?

NeoQueen
04-16-2011, 05:40 PM
1. Lower levels in higher dungeons. If u go there asking not to be booted u shouldn't be there.
2. Lower levels in higher dungeons saying they will pay me if I let them stay.
3. Lower levels in higher dungeons who proceed to fight after I politely tell them they are too low to be of use. Boot.
4. Players who boot 51-53 from sewers with no reason given. If u didn't want me in ur game grow some and tell me why.
5. Players who join a game and the first thing they do is try to sell u something, publicly and privately.
6. Players who join a game and spend 5 minutes as busy. Handle ur biz before u enter plz!
7. People in town who spam the chat trying to sell something.
8. People in town who spam the chat begging for items/gold/someone to level them. I did it all on my own. I'm pretty sure you can too.

My list can go much longer but I'll stop to take a breath.

CanonicalKoi
04-16-2011, 06:58 PM
1. Higher levels in lower-level dungeons demanding gold for "helping". Had that happen to my 17 bird in Balefort this morning. Some level 34 bear was slumming. After he got my bird his first death (thanks ever so for going into that room and hauling everything out with you), he demanded 1k gold for "helping" me. I told him to pound sand. He demanded it again and I told him, "No. Enjoy soloing. Bye."
2. People that don't know how to play and have no interest in being a team player. Believe me, the chests will not magically give you more gold if you abandon my baby mage to fight a genie all by itself while you jog down the hall to pop chests.
3. People who say, "Heal". Um....woof? If you'd been paying attention, you would've noticed I'm spamming heals as best I can with the GCD. Chug a pot....that's what they're there for. And politeness counts, even in a war. ;)
4. People who spam chat with trade notices in the middle of a dungeon. And their cousins, the ones who bomb you with "So and So wants to trade with you", also in the middle of a dungeon or worse in the middle of a fight.
5. "Tanks" that run away or any player that stands idly by going through their inventory or leveling up in the middle of a fight. It's pretty sad when the level 30 tank runs off leaving the level 24 mage to tank a boss by themselves. Welcome to my Ignore list.
6. Beggars of gold/gear/power-leveling. Enough said.
7. People that spam my poor mages with "R u a girl" messages. Constantly. In the middle of a fight. And their cousins, the ones that make highly inappropriate suggestions based on the assumption that I am. Welcome to being reported.

davidis57
04-16-2011, 07:15 PM
1. random trades and friend requests.
2. I hate pm's I prefer you not pm me especially in game.
3. Quitters because they died.
4. Power leveled players.
5. Buy my weapon plz
6. Begging of any kind.
7. Spamming chat or spamming invites.
8. Players who do not get a clue I am busy.
9. leeches
10. Racist, sexist, or cursing even if abbreviation. This comes from my game admin days.
11. Name calling and immature behavior.
12. Where players take a game to seriously.

Timbabird
lvl 55

NeoQueen
04-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I took my breath.

9. Mages that don't heal often. As a bear my mana and health regen is not on par with urs. I try to attract all the enemies, the least you can do is heal.
10. Players that wonder off by themselves then die and shout 'rev!' I'm coming but u, genius, r not my priority.
11. Players that go off and kill by themselves. U want to increase ur kill count then solo. I'm trying to level so I need that XP.
12. Players that die and shout rev repeatedly...do u see a Mage in our group cuz I don't.
13. Players that run ahead of ur mob to attract another and bring it back. Plz wait till we r down to a lower boss!
14. Players that always seem to become busy when u r fighting a boss...I dunno, maybe it's legit but I'm still doing most of the work for ur item.

Duped
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
OOOhhhh, I've got some.

1. STR bears that won't tank. - Come on. Look I have a tank, as a STR bear, that is pretty much what you're good for. Our lack of damage is supposed to be made up for by our mob/boss control/keeping aggro
2. Mages that don't heal
3. Players that bail as soon as they die
4. People who invite you to a game and then bail during the run.
5. Pally's who don't stay in front
6. People who are rude
7. Trying to sell while we're doing a run
8. Trying to lowball me AFTER I make you a great deal
9. People who advertise things for sale, then won't give a price (you're selling, not me)
11. People who misnumber their lists

RueMorgue
04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Uh, too numberous of a list, but I'll mention one:
Ppl that boot for no reason because they have no power in the real world, so it makes them feel better about themselves to boot someone in PL.

Pandamoni
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I hate when people tell me how to do things I know how to do well. I hate it in real life and I hate it in game. That said, don't shout at me to Heal. I spam heal. If you're too unobservant to notice I'm spamming heal I'm sorry.

I don't mind when someone says "Rez pls" if they've been down for a few seconds bc I might be having a hard time finding them. If you barely died and start shouting REZ over and over again I feel like you're telling me how to do my job. No duh! What do u think I'm going to do? Do you think I'll just let you lay there dead for 5 minutes?

I don't like it when the whole group dies and people lay there while I Respawn. Respawn too. Why lay there and wait for me to run back and Rez you? If you died in the middle of a mob or under a boss you might die right away when I finally get there and cause us all to wipe out again.

On that note, if we all wipe out close to the entrance just respwn. How lazy can you be? I was playing w drew a long time ago and we all wiped w the Snipers in vl keeper. Everyone laid there except drew (Droo? It was his archer) and me. Drew respawned and said "it's not a long walk back guys, really". It stuck w me bc it was nice to see someone as perplexed as I.

The behavior that really kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth is when people start trying to sell stuff in dungeons. If I want to buy something I know where to find it. Unless you have something ultra rare or are selling something for drastically less than I can get it in cs what makes you think anyone will be interested? It feels like they're sullying my game...like the guys in alleys who try to sell you gold chains from the inside of their jacket.

ICantSpel
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I hate people that join your game, mess it up somehow so I get annoyed n boot , then it happens again and I boot with a cuss because its getting annoying then I get reported n banned for them wanting to act like a fool , oh well I just know in future to instant boot these type of people and they don't deserve a message so it el be '.'

Nightarcher
04-17-2011, 12:16 PM
MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE...

...people wearing unflattering vanity items which don't match their outfits.

azulflame
04-17-2011, 01:06 PM
a couple of mine (might edit and add some later):

people that spam friend requests whenever I buy potions on either my level 15 (now 18 [NOW HE CAN DRINK!!!!!]) or on my 40 mage. (i have the yellow antennea on my archer and sparks flying around my mage)

people that ask me to be their GF when I am on my mage (I am a guy)

spam invites (one guy was spamming me to join him in a full game (I love the ignore button))

leechers (to a certain point)

random booters

boss booters

entrance revive waiters

people who die at the boss and don't bother to revive EVEN WHEN I USE RESSERECT ON TOP OF THEM

people who join just for a quest, and leave after they kill the last mage that they need. understandable for leaving after a boss, but joining for one kill? really?

and more will come later

Tiliana
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
And a few of mine...

1. People who want my squishy Mage to run across mobs and fire traps to rev them OR get angry because they are not receiving the effect of my spammed heals because they took off on their own instead of staying with the group.

2. Other mages who don't rez especially after I have already rezzed them once before.

3. Players that get angry and curse at players that are new to a boss or level instead of educating them on what to do.

4. Players who are told what to do and then still do not listen.

5. People who get angry because I haven't rezzed them after we get slaughtered when I am the one who had to respawn and am running as fast as my little elf legs can carry me back to the location where everyone died.

6. Leachers who don't leave a dungeon I hosted (but forgot to set a password on) even after I ask them very politely to leave because of their inappropriate level. This causes me to have to boot which I don't like to do.

7. People who don't follow the directions of the game I host even after I ask them politely to follow my lead and then get angry when I boot them.

8. People who are hateful and offensive in general. This goes for sex, race, & religion. I am a mom, and if you act like an immature brat, I will spank you out of my game.

9. And last but not least, people who are overly serious and can't laugh off mistakes that people make in gameplay. If you get killed, no biggie, if it takes longer to play a dungeon than you are used to, no prob, if others in the dungeon are not "as good as you and your friends are" let it go. Pretend like you are playing with a little brother or sister, niece, nephew, grandchild, be patient and kind and have fun with it. It's a game, not the end of the world.

I could go on and on as my husband refers to me as the Queen of the Soapbox, but I have rambled for long enough.
Thanks and good night! :)

krullnan
04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
1. ppl saying "selling rare pinks" and its nothing rare at all
2. extreme overpricing or ppl not listening when something is worth more then what they wanna pay
3. when ppl ask if i wanna buy something.. if i want it ill say buying...
4. beggars and ppl asking for my shocklance for free, happens all the time

krullnan
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE...

...people wearing unflattering vanity items which don't match their outfits. hahahaahahhaah me too soo funnny

red
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
he had to pay a bunch to post that in CS so its his loss, if i ever found an extremely rare item, i wouldn't post what it was on my sig, but i might put a pic of my char with it on