PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious weapon quest help.

lance57
03-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm stuck on the very first thing. It says to find a D'jinn with the Ancient Codex, bu when I "goto" quest, it drops me off in Sobek's Blade, and there isn't any D'Jinns in that area. Am I missing something? Is there a random spawning D'jinn in there? Thank you in advance!

RedRyder
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
djinns dont actually drop what you need lol. just hack away at whatever enemies are there and you'll get the pieces

Physiologic
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
It drops from random mobs all over Alien Oasis (I/II/III). Just keep killing mobs and it'll eventually drop for you. I personally got mine from the mini-dungeon from Alien Oasis I.

MITSUISUN
03-08-2011, 06:35 PM
It's random like stated above.
I cleared Sobek once, nada.
Went to Sobek map again, got it on first kill.

KingFu
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Djinn aren't just the Lesser Djinn mini bosses, djinn are actually the names of the mobs found in AO 1 and 2. Just farm away at some djinn MOBS, and one should drop eventually.

Fyrce
03-09-2011, 03:00 AM
It's extremely random. The first time I got this, besides talking to Sizoo, the codex was the 1st item I found. The next time, I finished many quests before a codex finally dropped. Just keeping clearing and doing the other quests. You should find a codex before you're done :P

Corpser
03-09-2011, 03:15 AM
exactly as mystical dream said u are thinking of lesser dinjins but the little people are also called dinjins needs some more distinction between them tho

Rev
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been trying to figure this out all day...well the last 3 hours anyway.
I have the Staff: Ancient D'jinn Codex is that what one uses to create the Ancient Mystery Staff or is there an Ancient D'jinn Staff? Do I just trash the codex if I already have all the Ancient Mystery items??
Thanks!

Mothwing
04-27-2011, 05:44 PM
i found mine in pp just trying to get money. it was the first enemy i beat

Mothwing
04-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I have been trying to figure this out all day...well the last 3 hours anyway.
I have the Staff: Ancient D'jinn Codex is that what one uses to create the Ancient Mystery Staff or is there an Ancient D'jinn Staff? Do I just trash the codex if I already have all the Ancient Mystery items??
Thanks!
hmmmm keep this it could be a new recipe nobody has found...never heard of it before

Rev
04-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Hmmmm...ok. I think I have seen it in another post though. The crafting post.
Anyone else familiar with the Ancient D'jinn Codex and it's useful/useless-ness??

Mothwing
04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Hmmmm...ok. I think I have seen it in another post though. The crafting post.
Anyone else familiar with the Ancient D'jinn Codex and it's useful/useless-ness??

well the codex is used for all 3 weps its the first component. not sure about the drop u got tho...